Let her go

Let her go

Hwasa's pov

The girls had spent the night over at my house, everything went as usual. We ate, drank, played pointless games, sang carelessly and opened up to eachother whilst having some fun inbetween. It was how it always was, and unnies would head to bed a little earlier taking my bed, wheein and i would stop on the couch, we often had enough energy to last us another hour or so of chatting. If not we'd throw something on the TV and talk about how rediculous it is, sometimes we didn't have to talk at all, silence comforted us and often we didn't need to speak to under stand how each other was feeling.

Tonight however was different, we'd surpassed the initial tiredness and were engaged in conversation, I was sat next to wheein on the couch chatting absentmindedly about family, when she brought her full attention to me lifting her legs to the couch entwining them with mine (since it was such a small fit) and facing me. when she spoke the words came as whispers. In that particular moment, discussing our hopes for the future, differentiating between what's realistic and what's too far a reach, she looked so vulnerable, it was very rare she broke down how she really feels and I wanted nothing more than to give her every little bit of my attention.

When she reached to me and told me she was worried for her future, wondering if she was chasing the right things I supported her thoughts with my encouragement. She had a bad habit of thinking negatively. I wanted nothing more but to break it.

I began to trace her face with my eyes, it wasn't a secret to the world that she was stunning, and I told her more than often. A little more than I think is comfortable but she doesn't mind because its our friendship. She was so comfortable to be around, I found I didn't have to try when I was around her I just had to be, and shed accept me and I'd accept her and even if we didn't agree we'd pave a new path that was comfortable enough for us both to follow because we cared for eachother.

I had never taken my friendship with wheein to a level of lust and love beyond normal friendship, however in that moment as we held eachothers gazes. I realised I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with this girl, I wouldn't mind kissing her, and holding her, and telling her everyday like today that she is capable of everything. And that she is beautiful beyond words. I really would love it. It was silent between us now, no awkward tension, just the lingering pressure of sleep pulling our eyelids closed. I studied her more intensely this time, and felt the beginning of a smile etching itself on my lips, my eyes fell to her lips and without thought I inched forward cupping her face in my hand pulling her towards me.

In less then a second I paused, the thought of our friendship flashed in my head, then the realisation that she is straight and more importantly in relationship with a guy she wants to spend her life with appeared more strongly and I gently let her go. The reminder that she didn't resist when I pulled her towards me wriggled it's way into my head. I wonder what she would have done but, I close my eyes and remind myself. That I just have to let her go.