Final

Anything For You

"I would do anything for you hyung, anything." he had said. How Jimin wished it was a dream and not reality. But unfortunately, it wasn't a dream and Jimin really was standing here, in front of this door, thinking about what he was about to do.

 

2 weeks ago

It's Valentine's Day. It was freezing at school this day and as Jimin was seated in the cafeteria, a young boy came to him.

"S-sunbae... Here. I-it's for you." The boy said, handing a heart-shaped box of what seemed like chocolates before flying out of the cafeteria.

Jimin looked oddly at the quickly retreating back of the boy and opened the box. There indeed were chocolates inside but also a letter. He took it and read it.

 

Dear Jimin sunbae,

My name is Jeon Jungkook and I'm two years younger than you. I'm only 15 but already in first year of high school. I've been admiring you since a very long time ago and I've developed feelings for you. Romantic feelings. I wanted to know if you'd like to give me a chance. To give me your answer, you just have to return the paper inside the envelop with yes or no written on it and give it to the guy who's always sleeping in the corridors.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

JK

 

To say that Jimin was surprised was an understatement. A lot of girls asked him out and he always rejected them. But this is a boy. Jimin was really, seriously considering the 'offer' if you could call it like that. This Jungkook guy seemed nice (and very shy) and Jimin would lose nothing by going out with him. So, he took a pen out of his bag and wrote his phone number beside the 'yes' and 'call me when you're free' on the paper. He put it back in the envelop, keeping the letter to himself before going to the entryway where a guy was sleeping with earphones. He put the letter under one of his hands and went his way.

In the evening, Jimin received a phone call from an unknown number. He supposed it would be the boy so he answered.

“Hello?” he said.

“H-hello… It’s the letter guy from earlier.” Jungkook replied.

“Yeah, I supposed so. Jungkook it was?”

Yeah…” Jungkook confirmed.

“I’m Jimin. Do you want to go on a date tomorrow so we could get to know each other?”

“O-of course… Tomorrow after school?”

“Okay. See you tomorrow Jungkook.” Jimin paused, thinking that maybe he should say something more but Jungkook talked before.

Sleep tight hyung.” He said and hung up. Jimin unknowingly found himself smiling at this guy’s shyness.

 

The next day, after Jungkook told everything to Yoongi, he was so excited about his date with Jimin (he decided to call it a date) that he was trembling the whole day (“Stop trembling Jungkook! It distracts me!” Yoongi complained). When finally, the last class of the day ended, Jungkook rushed out of the classroom and went to wait in front of the gate. Ten minutes later, Jimin came, obviously searching for him. Jungkook decided to walk up to him.

“Hi sunbae.” He said, startling Jimin.

“You can’t appear out of nowhere like that!” Jimin said, a hand over his heart. Jungkook giggled and Jimin smiled at him.

“I’m sorry. How are you?” Jungkook asked, looking at Jimin with his big doe eyes.

“I’m fine thanks. Maybe we should like, walk? I don’t want to stay around here too much.” Jimin said and began to walk away from school, looking behind him from time to time to see if Jungkook was following. Jimin suddenly stopped and turned around.

“Let’s go sit at the nearby MangoSix if you don’t mind.” He said.

“Okay sunbaenim.” Jungkook replied, smiling. Jimin was about to resume on walking but stopped.

“Here.” He said, reaching his hand at Jungkook. “Maybe we should begin by walking side by side, hand in hand to look like a real couple, right?” Jimin stated. Seeing that Jungkook was hesitating to grab his hand, he grabbed the younger's and resumed on walking. Jungkook tried to ignore the fire that the touch ignited until they arrived at the MangoSix and sat down. A waitress around Jimin’s age came to them.

“Hello young boys. What would you like?” she asked, smiling beautifully at Jimin who was ignoring her.

“I’ll take a café latte without sugar please. What about you Jungkook?” Jimin asked, looking straight into the younger’s eyes.

“I’ll take a hot chocolate please.” Jungkook said, avoiding Jimin’s gaze. The waitress wrote their orders down and walked away.

“So, Jungkook, how was your day?” Jimin asked.

“It was fine sunbae. How about yours?” Jungkook answered.

“It was fine too. You should stop calling me sunbae, it’s too uptight. Aren’t we supposed to be a couple?” Jimin stated, smiling.

“O-of course. We’re supposed to.” Jungkook replied, blushing.

“You’re cute.” Jimin said, softly smiling. “How come you’re already in high school at 15?”

“I’m a sort of a genius, I guess. I skipped one year because they thought it’d be too easy for me. So here I am.” Jungkook explained.

“Which year did you skip?”

“8th year. They told me it would be better to pass through 9th year because it’s the last year before high school.”

Jimin was about to say something when the waitress came back with their drinks. She put them on the table but stood there, looking at Jimin.

“Uhm, well.” She began and Jimin finally looked at her. “I wondered, would you mind giving me your number? I find you really handsome and I think we’d go well together.”

“I do mind giving you my number. I’m on a date, can’t you see?” Jimin coldly said and she gasped before walking away.

Jungkook was a bit surprised at Jimin’s cold tone but also glad that he turned her down.

“So, what’s your favourite subject at school, Jungkook?” The older asked, sipping on his latte.

“I like P.E the best. But I like literature a lot as well. What about you?” Jungkook asked back.

“I prefer maths and I like literature a lot too. What’s your favourite colour? Mine is blue.”

“Mine is red. I know you’re from Busan and I wanted to tell you that I am too. Why did you move to Seoul?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, my dad got promoted so we had to move to the capital. How did you know I was from Busan?”

“I’ve been crushing on you for a long time and... I can hear a faint accent and I’d recognize it anywhere.” Jungkook answered, blushing. Jimin giggled.

“That’s cute. What about you? Why are you in Seoul?” The older asked.

“Well, my parents got divorced and I decided to come to Seoul with my mom instead of staying in Busan with my dad.” Jungkook replied.

“I’m sorry. May I know why?” Jimin asked and after a beat of silence, he added. “. I’m sorry. I’m just very curious and I shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry.” He said, looking at his fingers under the table. He looked back up at Jungkook when he heard the latter giggle.

“It’s okay, hyung. Well, if you really wanna know why my parents got a divorce, it’s because my father is an abusive . He’s apparently been physically and mentally harassing my mom for a very long time without me knowing any of it.” Jungkook answered, his voice thick with venom and his eyes burning with rage.

Jimin nodded, a bit surprised at the way Jungkook’s mood changed.

“I’m sorry. I’m glad that you could choose to stay with your mother.” He said, trying to smile at the younger, not really knowing how to react.

“It’s okay. After I answered the judge’s question about whom I’d like to stay with, he told me that it would have been strange if I had wanted to stay with my dad.” Jungkook told the older, cutely giggling. Jimin found himself thinking of the sound as endearing. “Oh, I think my hot chocolate has become lukewarm now.” The younger added laughing.

“Yeah, I think that my latte as well. Let’s finish those and go elsewhere... if you’d like?” Jimin suggested and Jungkook nodded.

They quickly gulped their drinks down, leaving the money on the table (Jungkook had insisted on paying his drink but Jimin stared at him hardly, simply saying ‘no’ and Jungkook gave up) and going out of the café.

“So, where do you wanna go?” Jungkook asked Jimin.

“I don’t know. Do you have a place you wanna take me to?” Jimin asked back, putting his hands in his pockets.

“Well, would you like to come to mine? You’re not forced to, I’m just asking and it’s totally okay if you do-”

“Yes, I’d like to go to your house.” Jimin cut the rambling boy. The latter beamed at his answer and Jimin couldn’t help the little smile that spread on his lips at the sight. Jungkook grabbed his hand tightly and they walked to Jungkook’s house, having a light conversation.

“Hi, Mom!” Jungkook shouted after opening the door to his home and taking his shoes off. “Take off your shoes please, hyung.” He told Jimin and entered the living room.

“Hi Jungkook.” His mom said as she hugged him. “Oh, you brought a friend?” She asked as she saw Jimin enter the living room as well.

“Yeah.” Jungkook said, getting out of his mom’s embrace. “This Jimin hyung. We’re going to my room so if you need me or something I’ll be there.” He explained. “Come on, hyung.” Jimin bowed to Jungkook’s mom before following the younger.

They climbed the stairs up to Jungkook’s room and entered. The room was neat, the bed made. There was little desk next to the window which abut on the opposite road.  On the desk was a little lamp and some novels. Just beside it, there was a little bookshelf full of comics.

“Are you a fan of Marvel?” Jimin asked.

“Yes, how did you know?” Jungkook asked, sitting on his bed.

“Well, your bookshelf is full of comics and they’re all Marvel superheroes.” Jimin explained and Jungkook laughed.

“You must find it lame.” He said.

“No, I’m a fan of Marvel too.” Jimin replied.

“Really? Who’s your favourite superhero?”

“Captain America. I guess yours is Iron Man.” Jimin stated, looking at the posters above Jungkook’s bed.

“Yeah.” Jungkook said, giggling.

“What else do you like?” Jimin asked, trying to learn more about the younger.

“I like dancing. I know you do too.”

“Really? And how do you know that I like dancing?”

“Well... The first time I saw you was when I was over to the dance department two years ago. I saw you dance there and found it mesmerising. You dance so well.” Jungkook explained, his face heating up.

“Thank you.” Jimin answered, a bit embarrassed, as he sat on Jungkook’s bed as well.

“What do you wanna do?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t know... I’d like to talk with you, to learn more about you. And you about me, of course.” Jimin replied.

“Okay... Well, can I ask you a question?” Jungkook shyly asked and Jimin nodded. “I wanted to know why you decided to give me a chance.”

Jimin paused a bit, looking at Jungkook.

“I don’t know. I guess I wanted to try to be in a relationship with a guy.” Jimin answered.

“Are you straight?”

“No, I’m bi. But I’ve never been with a guy before though I had a crush on one.” Jimin explained.

“I see. So, you’re just willing to experiment?” Jungkook asked, seeming disappointed.

“That’s not what I meant. Don’t misunderstand Jungkook.”

“I’m sorry hyung but I think it’s better if you leave for now.” Jungkook said, getting up. “I’m asking you to leave so that I can think about it.”

“Okay. Do as you want. I’ll be waiting for you. See you.” Jimin replied, getting up as well and out of the room.

Jimin went to the living room and as he was putting his shoes on, Jungkook’s mom came up to him.

“Jimin? Why are you leaving?”

“Well, Jungkook has some things to sort out so I’m giving him some space. I’ll see him tomorrow anyway.” Jimin explained, smiling sweetly.

“Okay. It was nice meeting you Jimin.”

“It was nice meeting you too Mrs Jeon.” Jimin said, bowing and leaving the house.

 

When Jimin arrived home, he was greeted with darkness. He took his shoes off and turned the light of the living room on. He went to the kitchen to see an unfinished pizza waiting for him on the counter with a post-it next to it. ‘I went out son. I left some pizza for you and you can drink some coke if there’s left. I’ll go groceries shopping tomorrow. – Dad’. Jimin sighed and threw the paper in the bin before taking the last can of coke left in the fridge and heating up the two slices of pizza left. Jimin took his plate and went to sit down and switched the TV on, watching the reruns of some drama.

Jimin thought about what he had told Jungkook. Jimin had been very surprised to receive the younger’s letter and the fact that he was a guy really affected Jimin’s decision. Jimin didn’t want to experiment with Jungkook, of course not, he had already. But why did I lie to Jungkook then? Jimin thought. Because I didn’t want to tell him the truth. Jimin sighed deeply and decided to go to sleep early.

 

The next morning

Jungkook woke up early, even though he couldn’t really sleep the night before. He had thought about what Jimin told him the whole night and he still had no idea what to think or do about it. He decided to chase the thought away and got dressed up. He went down to eat his breakfast with his mom. He had almost finished his bowl of cereal when she talked.

“Jungkook-ah, can I ask you something?” she softly asked and Jungkook nodded. “What happened with your friend Jimin yesterday?” Jungkook sighed.

“Nothing happened. I had to figure some things out.” He answered.

“That’s what he told me too but I want to know the truth. Is he your long-time crush you’ve always told me about?”

“Yes. But it’s a bit complicated mom and I don’t wanna talk about it. Not right now at least.” Jungkook said, finishing his bowl. “I gotta go to school. See you mom.” He said, kissing his mom on the cheek and going out of the house.

Just when he got out, Jungkook was met with Yoongi.

“Kook? I was just about to ring the bell. What’s up? You don’t look well.” he asked.

“I didn’t really get sleep last night and I got up early so I’m a bit tired but I’m okay. Let’s go.”

“Wait, Kook. I see that something’s not right. Is it about Jimin?” Yoongi asked, reaching Jungkook.

“What if it is? Who cares, seriously? Is he just another ? He might be, okay! Now, please, stop asking me about him, I just want to go to school and enjoy my day without Jimin.” Jungkook snapped, quickening his steps. Yoongi sighed deeply.

“Okay. If you ever feel like it’s too much, I’m here for you, okay?” Yoongi stated and Jungkook nodded. “Now slow down, I’m not totally awake yet.” He added, chuckling.

When they arrived to school, they saw that people were gathered just in front of it, blocking the entrance.

“What is happening?” Jungkook wondered out loud, approaching the crowd with Yoongi. “Hey, what’s up?” he asked a random guy.

“Seems like two guys are arguing about something.” The guy answered.

“Should I tell everyone here who you are?” someone shouted.

“Would you shut the up!” Another voice replied. Jungkook tried to get to the front because the voice seemed familiar to him. When he got to the front, he could see Jimin arguing with Kim Taehyung, the school’s number one troublemaker. He was always picking up fights with everyone.

“What? Don’t you wanna tell everyone what kind of person you are?” Taehyung said and just then, Jimin threw a punch at him, making him fall to the ground.

“Shut the ing hell up before I break your nose.” Jimin growled, grabbing Taehyung by his collar, almost choking him. Some girls beside Jungkook squealed about how hot Jimin looked. Jungkook rolled his eyes and went to tear Jimin’s hands off Taehyung.

“Come on, hyung.” Jungkook said, helping Jimin to stand up.

“That’s so sweet, a prince came to your rescue.” Taehyung said, getting up from the ground.

“Shut-” Jimin began but Jungkook glared at him and he closed his mouth.

“Okay, okay, there’s nothing more to watch! Go to class!” Yoongi exclaimed, dispersing the crowd.

Jungkook dragged Jimin behind to the closest toilets and locked the door so they wouldn’t be disturbed.

“What the hell happened there? Isn’t it too early for a fist fight?” Jungkook asked, angry.

“Who are you to teach me a lesson?” Jimin spat, as angry as the younger.

“I’m no one, you clearly told me that yesterday. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t like you anymore and that I’m not worried about you though.” Jungkook explained, his voice softening gradually. “What happened?”

“Nothing. I was just entering school when Kim came to me. He began to rile me up and I couldn’t hold my anger in. I was frustrated about what had happened between us yesterday.” Jimin told the younger.

“And why? You seemed pretty okay with telling me that you only wanted to play with me.” Jungkook accused. Jimin groaned.

“That’s not what I meant Jungkook. I’m very sorry for what I told you and I should tell you that I wasn’t totally honest with you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m bi but I already had a boyfriend in the past.”

“And?” Jungkook asked, confused.

“Well... It didn’t end well and I wanted to try it out once more. If that’s still okay with you.” Jimin stated.

“I don’t know. I really like you a lot hyung but I don’t wanna get hurt. I have to think about it.”

“Okay. I understand. You know where to find me to give me your answer, right?” Jimin said before walking away.

 

Later this day

“Kook, what’s gotten into you?” Yoongi asked Jungkook as they were walking back home.

“What do you mean?”

“You seemed in deep thoughts today and a bit sad as well. You’re never like that. Did something happen with your lover boy?”

“First, don’t call him that. Second, he’s got me very confused and I don’t know what to do.” Jungkook explained, sighing deeply.

“Talk to me Kook.”

“Ugh, it’s complicated. I asked him out with a letter as you know. Yesterday we went on a date and I brought him to mine. But when I asked him why he agreed to my proposition, he told me that it was to experiment because he never had a boyfriend before even though he’s bi. But this morning he told me that he had a boyfriend and that he was still willing to try it out with me. I don’t know what to do anymore, Yoongi.” Jungkook explained.

“Well, you’ve been crushing on him for at least two centuries now.” Yoongi began, earning a punch from Jungkook. “I know how much you like him but from what you told me he seems very confused about the whole situation. I think that you should ask him about this ex-boyfriend. Maybe he experienced some kind of trauma? I don’t know but I feel like it’s the key.” Yoongi suggested.

“Maybe. I don’t feel like we’re that close yet.” Jungkook replied, shaking his head. “Anyway, you weren’t home yesterday. I forgot to ask you this morning.” Jungkook said.

“I slept at Hoseok’s.” Yoongi replied, looking down.

“Hyung!” Jungkook exclaimed, angry.

“I know, okay! I know that I shouldn’t but I’d appreciate it a lot if you stopped judging me!” Yoongi snapped back.

“I’m not judging you! But you should stop hurting yourself like that. You know how Hoseok is though you still keep on going back to him every single time. I’m just worried about you.”

“I’m doing perfectly fine, thank you very much.”

“No, you’re not. Your body is okay from what I can see but your mind is ed up. And that’s more important than any physical bruise.” Jungkook stated, taking Yoongi’s hand. “Look at me.” Yoongi looked up at Jungkook. “I love you. You’re a brother to me and I won’t let anyone hurt you. I’m here for you and I’ll give you all the help you need, no matter what.”

“Thanks Kook.” Yoongi hugged Jungkook and they kept on walking home in silence.

 

“Hi mom!” Jungkook exclaimed when they entered.

“Hi Kookie! Is Yoongi with you?” Jungkook’s mom asked from the living room where she was watching her favourite drama.

“Yep!” he answered, entering the living with Yoongi following him and plopping down on the couch.

She turned to Yoongi.

“Are you okay? I’d like to have an explanation for what happened yesterday.” She stated.

“I’m sorry aunt Hyelim.” Yoongi apologized, looking down.

“Where were you?” she calmly asked.

“I was at a friend’s house.” He replied.

“You could have sent me a text to tell me where you were. I was extremely worried.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. But tell me next time.” She said and got up. “Well, I hope you’re not too hungry guys because I was too lazy to prepare dinner. Let’s eat outside, today.” She stated, turning the TV off.

“Okay, mom. Where do you wanna take us?” Jungkook asked, getting up as well with Yoongi.

“I don’t know... How does Kimbap Heaven sounds?” she asked and both boys screamed in joy. “I guess it’s alright then.” She said, chuckling.

They all walked to the nearest Kimbap Heaven and entered the quite packed little restaurant.

“A table for three, please.” Jungkook said as he entered first.

The waitress led them to a little table in a corner and gave them the menu.

“So, what do you want guys?”

“I’ll take a donkkasu. I’ve missed it.” Jungkook said.

“You ate this two weeks ago, Kook.” Yoongi said, giggling. “Anyway, I’ll take some cheese noodles.” He stated.

“Excuse me!” Hyelim called. The waitress came, taking a notepad and a pen out of here apron. “We’ll take a donkkasu, cheese noodles and a yukgaejang, please.” The waitress nodded and took the menu.

Ten minutes later, the meals were served and the little family dove in.

 

When they came back home, Yoongi decided to go take a shower so Jungkook decided to talk with his mother.

“Mom, can we talk?” he asked.

“Of course.” She said as she sat down on the couch, followed by Jungkook. “What is it?”

“It’s about what happened with Jimin yesterday. I asked him on a date and he accepted. When I asked him why, he kinda told me he wanted to experiment being with a guy. But today, he told me that he lied, that he had been in a relationship with a guy but that it didn’t end well. So, I don’t know what to do anymore. I like him a lot but I don’t wanna get hurt.” Jungkook explained.

“I see. I think you should try to ask him about his last relationship. If he doesn’t see a problem in opening to you, you could still try it with him. But if he doesn’t want to share it with you, you better give up. Communication and trust are the keys of a good relationship. If you can’t manage that without being together, you won’t be able to as a couple.” Hyelim explained.

“Thanks mom.” Jungkook said, hugging his mother.

“You’re welcome, sweetie. Now, tell me about Yoongi, please.” She stated.

“I can’t, mom. I’m sorry but that’s something he needs to tell you. He’s not ready yet, I don’t even know the whole story to be honest. All I can tell you is that it’s a very ed up he’s going through.”

“Kook, watch your language, please. But I understand. Should I ask him about it?”

“I don’t know. It’s a very sensitive topic. Try it, I’m sure he won’t be mad at you if you do. I have homeworks to do now.” He said, kissing his mom and going to his room.

He plopped down on his bed and took his phone out of his back pocket. He went to his conversation with Jimin and thought again. Should he really give him a chance? Jungkook had a lot to lose there. He knew that loving Jimin wasn’t the smartest thing to do but feelings can’t be controlled, can they? He deeply sighed and sent him a text.

 

Hyung, I’ve thought about it.

 

He immediately received a reply.

 

What did you decide then?

 

I decided to give you a chance. But only if you agree to tell me what happened with that other guy in the past.

 

If that’s the only way, I will.

 

Jungkook put his phone away and got up, ready to do his homeworks.

 

When Jungkook woke up the next day, he was nervous. He was expecting his conversation with Jimin but he was also worried about what he would discover. He really wanted it to work out with Jimin even though he knew that it would be hard. But he shook those thoughts away and began his morning routine. Yoongi didn’t have class in the morning so Jungkook went to school alone, earphones plugged in, in his own world. As he was about to pass the gates, three girls came to him. He kind of recognized them from yesterday. They were the girls squealing about how hot their ‘Jimin oppa’ was. He took his earphones out, looking at them questioningly.

“Can I help you?” he asked as they were standing in front him, not saying anything at first.

“Who the are you?” the first one asked.

“Excuse me?” Jungkook asked, genuinely confused. She was being aggressive and he really wondered why.

“What’s your relationship with Jimin oppa?” another one asked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” he stated, trying to get past them but they grabbed him so he wouldn’t walk away.

“You know exactly what we’re talking about. You managed to stop him from hitting Kim Taehyung yesterday. Our oppa doesn’t listen to a lot of people but he listened to you. What is your relationship with him?” the third girl asked, more aggressively than the previous two girls.

“Well, I don’t know why he listened to me but I’m glad he did or he would probably be dead right now. To answer your question, I don’t have any particular relationship with your ‘oppa’, he’s just a sunbae I know. Can I please go to class now?” he answered.

“We’ll keep an eye on you.” the girl from the beginning said before letting him go.

Jungkook finally passed the gates and let out a sigh of relief. He had to be careful with those girls, he knew they were bad news.

His first class went well, at least as well as two hours of maths could go. As he was walking in the corridors to get to his chemistry class, he stumbled upon Bambam.

“Jungkook-ah!” Bambam exclaimed.

“Bambam-ah! How are you?” Jungkook asked, smiling at his friend.

“I’m fine thanks! How ‘bout you man?”

“I’m fine too. Such a shame we don’t get to see each other often anymore.” Jungkook said.

“I know! I miss dancing with you!” Bambam replied.

“But you get tutoring from dance majors, right? That’s great!”

“It is! I enjoy it a lot but I preferred dancing with you Kook!”

“I’ll text you if I have some time, we could go to the studio if you’d like.”

“That’d be awesome! I’ll be waiting then! Take care!” Bambam said, waving at Jungkook as he walked away, rushing to his class. Jungkook smiled to himself as it’s been a while since he’s got to see Bambam and rushed to his own class, making a mental note to text him when he’ll have some free time.

His last two morning classes went well and soon, he was entering the cafeteria. Jungkook went to sit down in a corner and took his sandwich out of his backpack. He began eating when one of the girls he saw earlier came to sit beside him. She took his sandwich from his hands and threw it in the bin that was just beside them.

“You lied to us!” she exclaimed. Jungkook looked at her, bewildered.

“W-what?” he stuttered.

“You have something going on with Jimin oppa! But he’s straight, he’s not a dirty like you!” she screamed, and everyone was beginning to look their way now.

“I don’t get what you’re say-” he began but was cut when she slapped him.

“Shut up! I know you’re lying! Get out of here you !” she shouted, pushing him so hard he fell on the floor.

Jungkook quickly grabbed his backpack and ran out of the cafeteria before anything else could happen. He immediately went to the nearest bathroom, feeling a panic attack. He tried to regulate his breathing and washed his face with freezing water. When he had calmed down, he thought about what she had said. How did she know that he was gay? Only Yoongi and Jimin knew about it. He had transferred because he was bullied because of it in his last school, he didn’t want everything to happen again. He thought about it and really couldn’t find an answer to the question. He knew Yoongi wouldn’t tell anyone and he was almost sure that Jimin wouldn’t as well. Just then, the door of the bathroom opened.

“Feeling unwell Jungkook?” Kim Taehyung asked. Jungkook’s breath hitched as Taehyung got closer to him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked him.

“I’m only making sure that you’re okay. Wouldn’t want our Jungkookie to be sick, would we?” he slurred, making him even more threatening.

“Don’t call me like that. I don’t even know you.” Jungkook said, not really knowing where he found the strength to talk back.

“You may not know me but I do know you. Guess who told Seulgi that you were gay.” he said and Jungkook felt shivers going down his spine. “Now, you’re a smart boy, everything clicked in your head, right? So, now, we have to make things clear. You’re not gonna tell anything of what just happened to anyone. The people who saw what happened already forgot about it ‘kay? Jimin will not hear about it either so you better keep your mouth shut, Jungkookie.” Taehyung threatened. Jungkook nodded and Taehyung smirked. “Good boy. Take care Jungkookie and always look behind you when you walk alone in the streets.” he added before going out of the bathroom.

Jungkook breathed deeply a dozen of times, trying to prevent another panic scenario. When he heard the bell ring, signalling the end of lunch break, he got out of the bathroom, going to his next class. As he was walking, he felt his phone resonate against his thigh. He took it out and looked at the text.

Jungkook, were you not at lunch? I wanted to talk to you but couldn’t find you. Could we meet after school?

Was what Jimin had sent him. He replied.

You can come at my home if you want. We’ll be more comfortable.

Jimin replied with an ‘okay’ and Jungkook finally entered his classroom.

 

When the bell rang, Jungkook rushed to the door after throwing his dirty clothes into the basket in the bathroom. Jimin was standing there, quite expectant and Jungkook made him enter, leading him to the living room.

“Would you like something to eat or drink?”

“Can I have some water please?” Jimin asked and Jungkook brought him a water bottle.

“So, we gotta talk about this, hyung. Trust should be the main key in a relationship and we shouldn’t keep secrets, okay?” Jimin nodded. “You can take your time. Begin when you’re ready.” Jungkook said, getting comfortable on the couch.

Jimin opened the bottle, drank from it before taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly.

“It happened when I was in 8th year. I met a guy named Taemin. We were the same age and had a dancing class together. We quickly became friends and began to hang out almost daily. We really had a lot of fun together. We had a lot in common but he still had a group of friends whereas he was my only friend.” Jimin paused for a moment before continuing. “One day, I told him that I liked him and he told me that he did too so we got together. It was great until he became too possessive. I entered 9th grade and got some friends, like Kim Taehyung.” Jungkook’s eyes widened at this new piece of information. “Yes, I was friend with Kim Taehyung. Anyway, Taemin got jealous frequently because I was hanging a lot with Taehyung instead of him. But I always told him that it didn’t change anything to my feelings. Well, one day, I was going to surprise him so I went to his house. I rang the bell and when he opened the door, he looked totally dishevelled, his shirt half open and hickeys on his neck. His eyes widened and he tried to hide his body when suddenly Taehyung came out, popping out of nowhere, looking as dishevelled as Taemin. I quickly understood everything and ran away. Since then, I stopped talking to Taehyung and Taemin moved out of town.”

When Jimin was done telling his story to Jungkook, a long silence followed. Jungkook was trying to process everything and when he thought it was done, he cleared his throat.

“So, that Taemin guy cheated on you with your friend.” he stated and Jimin nodded. “Was it really so hard to tell me that? Did you really have to tell me such hurtful things yesterday?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have said what I did but I find it kinda degrading. I mean, I wasn’t enough for my boyfriend and he had to cheat on me with my friend.” Jimin explained.

“Do you really think that I could do that? I mean, I was the one to confess. And I’ve liked you for such a long time. I really don’t get it.” Jungkook said, looking quite offended.

“I didn’t want to offend you Jungkook. I just... I don’t know.” Jimin deeply sighed. “Are you still willing to give me a chance?” he asked, quite hopefully.

“Okay. But you shouldn’t hide anything from me from now on.” Jungkook said and Jimin nodded. “I have something to ask you now. Do you know someone apart from Yoongi who knows about my uality?” Jungkook asked.

“No. Why?”

Jungkook was about to tell him what had happened at lunch when he remembered Taehyung’s words.

“Nothing. I was just wondering.” Jungkook replied with a sweet smile. “Wanna go to my room? Or we can watch a movie here if you want.”

“Let’s watch a movie here.” Jimin said. “What do you wanna watch?”

“Begin Again. Have you watched it?”

“Nope. I wanted to watch it with my dad but he’s been busy.” Jimin replied, bitter. Jungkook didn’t ask anything and they watched the movie.

In the evening, Yoongi came back, nodding at Jimin and Jungkook before going to his room.

“Is Yoongi living here with you?”

“Yes. He’s my cousin and he’s in a though situation at the moment. My mom offered to put him up for some time and he accepted.” Jungkook explained, quite evasive though.

“I see. Anyway, now that the movie has ended, do you wanna do something else?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know... Do you wanna play Truth or Dare?” Jungkook proposed.

“Why not? Let’s ask if Yoongi would like to join. It can be boring to play just the two of us. And I could learn to know him a bit since he seems to be a very important person for you.” Jimin said and Jungkook nodded, touched.

They went to Yoongi’s room and knocked, waiting for an answer which never came. Jungkook opened the door, telling Jimin to stay behind. He saw Yoongi lying down on his bed, unmoving. He got closer and sat on the bed.

“Yoongi? Are you okay?” he softly asked when he heard the boy sniffle. “Gosh... What happened?” Jungkook asked, lying down to cuddle Yoongi.

“H-Hoseok...” Yoongi whined.

Hearing Hoseok’s name, Jimin allowed himself to enter the room as well.

“Excuse me... Jungkook, I think I should go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said and Jungkook hummed, turning to smile apologetically at him.

Jimin returned the smile and went out of the house, running. When he finally reached his destination, he knocked on the door, impatient. The door finally opened after some moments.

“Hoseok-ah. What did you do?” Jimin immediately asked before noticing that his friend’s eyes were blood shot.

“Jimin, I’m not in the mood.” Hoseok said but he still let him enter.

“What happened?” he asked again, following Hoseok to his bedroom.

“He did it but I couldn’t. I chickened out.” Hoseok said, his voice almost a whisper.

“Seriously?”

Jimin couldn’t believe it. Hoseok was the type of person to hook up with different people every night. He was confident and sociable so it wasn’t a hard thing to do. He also tended to have friends with benefits. But when he caught feelings for someone, he did his best to sever all contact, even mere talking. But Yoongi has been different. Hoseok immediately caught feelings for him, right from the beginning. But he didn’t stop seeing him. He couldn’t stop seeing him. And what he feared happened tonight. Yoongi confessed and instead of telling him that he felt the same, Hoseok sent him packing.

“I can’t Jimin-ah. I just can’t.” Hoseok whispered, lying on his bed.

“Hoseok. You like him, don’t you?” Hoseok nodded, tears coming back. “Then why?”

“Are you really asking this question?” Hoseok snapped back.

“Yoongi was ing crying his eyes out for your instance.” Jimin stated and Hoseok looked at him, seemingly worried.

“Really?”

“Yeah. You ed up man.”

 

“He said that?” Jungkook asked, shocked. Yoongi nodded. “I told you he would hurt you.”

“And I told you I knew that. I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon. I didn’t expect him to say that.”

Yoongi had finally got the courage to confess to Hoseok but the latter’s answer was one of the worst things he’s ever heard. He told him that he was only a buddy, that they could never be more than that and that he wasn’t even his style. He told him that he didn’t even know why he decided to hook up with him in the first place since he wasn’t attractive to begin with. Those words broke Yoongi’s heart. He turned to face Jungkook, clinging onto him like a little child would on his mother.

“Jungkookie...” he sobbed. Jungkook hummed, caressing his head. “Help me.”

“Tell me what you want.” Jungkook said.

“Kiss me.” Yoongi said. Jungkook knew something like that was coming, he wasn’t surprised. It had already happened in the past.

“I can’t Yoongi. You know that.” Jungkook answered, looking back at Yoongi who had detached himself to look at his dongsaeng properly.

“Please.” He whined. Jungkook shook his head.

“Hyung, you know that’s not the solution.”

“But you did it back then.”

“I know. But not this time. This time, it’s different. I know you’re hurt but it’s for the best. If I kiss you, it won’t help you one bit. We’ll make rules. Let’s wait for mom.” Jungkook stated, taking Yoongi in his arms once more and tightening his embrace.

 

Jungkook woke up at the sound of the front door closing. He detached himself from Yoongi and went to greet his mother.

“Hi mom.”

“Hey Kookie. Did I wake you up? It’s kinda late.” His mom said, looking at the time. It was 10PM.

“It’s okay. I need to talk to you anyway.” Jungkook said, sitting on the couch. His mother followed not to long after.

“It seems important. Is it about Yoongi?” she asked.

“Yes. Have you talked with him about his issue?”

“We talked this morning. I tried to give him an advice.” She replied.

“Did you tell him to confess?” he asked and she nodded. “Okay. Before I begin, it’s not your fault. It was bound to happen anyway. Now, well... He confessed to Hoseok who rejected him. He came home crying his eyes out, the last time I saw him like that was when he came to live with us. He’ll need our help.” Jungkook stated.

“Okay. Do you know what we should do?”

“Not yet but we need to talk with him first.”

“He really loves him, right?” Mrs Jeon asked and Jungkook nodded. “How did they meet?”

“They met at a party when he came here. They were both drunk and they hooked up. Since then, Hoseok kept contacting Yoongi and he didn’t have a problem with it at first. But as time passed, Yoongi slowly fell in love with him. The most surprising thing is that Hoseok is known for changing buddies every week. It’s been almost 3 months now and he still claims that he doesn’t have any sort of feelings for Yoongi.” Jungkook explained.

“I think that Hoseok guy has a problem with dealing with his feelings. Maybe he never fell in love? Or maybe his last relationship didn’t end well.”

“I don’t know and I don’t care. I just want him to stop hurting Yoongi.”

“I know. But what about you and Jimin?”

“Well, we talked a bit today. He told me that his last boyfriend cheated on him with his friend. He’s afraid he’s not going to be enough. But he’s more than enough for me. We also agreed to not hide anything from each other.” Jungkook explained.

“Why are kids so complicated nowadays? I feel like it was easier in the past.” Jungkook’s mom said, laughing.

“You can’t understand, mom. You’re straight.”

“I may be straight but love issues are the same for everyone. And I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with something as though as your or Yoongi’s situations.”

“Anyway. I’m going to sleep now.” Jungkook said, kissing his mom goodnight.

“Goodnight Jungkookie.”

 

The next morning.

The following day, Jungkook tried to get Yoongi out of bed, in vain. He didn’t want to go to school because he didn’t want to see Hoseok. After trying for half an hour, Jungkook gave up and quickly got ready. As he was about to go out, the bell rang. He put his jacket on, opening the door to find Jimin smiling brightly at him.

“Good morning!”

“Jimin hyung. What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked, confused.

“I thought it would be great to go to school together.” Jimin simply replied.

“Okay. Let’s go then.” Jungkook said, closing the door behind him.

“Yoongi’s not coming?” Jimin asked.

“No. He’s not feeling well.”

“You know, you can talk to me about his issues. I know it’s about Hoseok.” Jimin stated and Jungkook turned to him.

“How do you know?”

“Hoseok is one of the few friends I have. He really ed up.”

“Indeed. But what is his problem? I can’t believe that he doesn’t feel anything for Yoongi. They’ve been ing for almost three months.”

“I know. He doesn’t know how to deal with his feelings but he really cares for Yoongi. He likes him. But he needs to know how it is to be separated from him.” Jimin explained.

“Yoongi is done hurting over him. I think he should man up and tell him how he feels. I don’t care if he has problems dealing with his feelings, I have too but it didn’t stop me from confessing to you. And he knows it’s mutual at least. What the is he waiting for?” Jungkook said, annoyed.

Jimin was surprised at Jungkook’s tone but he brushed it off.

“I don’t know. Maybe I should talk to him once more. Force him to go see Yoongi.” Jimin stated.

“That’d be great. But I think he needs to figure his out on his own. If you help him now, he might want your help every single time and that can’t be healthy.” Jungkook reasoned, Jimin nodding at his words.

“Anyway, what time do you finish today?” Jimin asked.

“At four. Why?”

“Same as me. I’d like to bring you somewhere if you’re free.”

“I am. Can I know where you’ll be taking me?”

“Nope. But I think you’ll like it.” Jimin stated, looking right in front of him. Jungkook was getting kind of excited at the thought of spending some alone time with Jimin only.

They arrived at school and went their own ways. They ate together at lunch until Hoseok came and Jungkook decided to take his leave. Jimin explained that Jungkook was Yoongi’s friend and Hoseok cursed before quickly finishing his meal and going out of the cafeteria, along with Jimin.

At 4, Jimin was waiting for Jungkook to come out, ignoring all the girls that were waving at him or sending him kisses. After fifteen minutes of waiting, Jimin grew worried and decided to go fetch him in front of his class. As he was making his way to the classroom, he saw Jungkook’s backpack on the floor, ripped open. He went to take it and saw Jungkook lying on the floor, passed out.

“, what happened?” he muttered, coming closer to Jungkook, kneeling down next to him. “Jungkook. Jungkook wake up.” Jimin said, trying to wake Jungkook up. He leaned it, checking if Jungkook was breathing. “Okay, he's breathing. But he isn't waking up.” He said, searching for a way to lift him up. Jimin then heard footsteps coming towards him and turned around to be met with Kim Taehyung.

“Hey, Jiminie! What happened? Do you maybe need some help?” he asked, smirking.

“ off before I rip your smile off your face.” Jimin said through gritted teeth.

“No need to be so rude. I just want to help you, bud.” Taehyung replied. Jimin immediately got up and grabbed him by his collar.

“You sick bastard. This is all your doing, right? Why are you doing this? Do you have a death wish?” Jimin asked, his voice rough.

“My death will make you too happy so, no, I don’t wanna die.” Taehyung answered, short on breath. “And yes, I’m behind this.” Jimin tightened his grip on Taehyung’s collar.

Then, Jimin heard a hiss of pain coming from behind him. Jungkook was beginning to wake up so, he let go of Taehyung to take care of the younger.

“Jungkook… Jungkook do you hear me?” He grabbed his hand. “Squeeze my hand if you hear me.” Jungkook squeezed his hand. “Get up, we’re going home.” He said but Jungkook shook his head.

“Hyung…” he said, his voice weak and his eyes slowly opening. “You said you’d take me somewhere.”

“But you’re injured…” Jimin replied.

“Please. I wanna go.” Jungkook insisted and Jimin sighed.

“Get up, let’s see if you can walk.” He said, helping Jungkook to get up. Jungkook didn’t have any difficulties to walk but his head was spinning so he was holding tight onto Jimin.

They somehow reached the school’s gate and got in Jimin’s car.

“You can turn off some music if you want.” Jimin stated as he started the engine.

“Nah, it’s okay. I need calm for the moment.” Jungkook replied, turning to look outside.

Jimin was anxious. He didn’t know what had happened, why it had happened and if it was the first time. He knew Taehyung was behind this but he didn’t know why and that worried him a lot. Just as he was going into deep thoughts, he heard the first notes of ‘Paper Hearts’ by Tori Kelly. He smiled to himself, beginning to hum the melody.

“That’s my favourite song.” He said.

“I know.” Jungkook replied.

“You know a lot of things about me.” Jimin stated.

“I do.” Jungkook simply answered.

The remaining of the ride was spent in silence besides the soft music playing from Jungkook’s phone. (Jimin noticed that only sad songs were playing but he brushed it off.)

“We’re here.” Jimin said, turning the engine off.

“Where are we?” Jungkook asked as Jimin helped him out of the car. They were in front of a forest. The colour of the setting sun was reflected on the small lake but Jimin could swear that, when he looked in Jungkook’s eyes, they were shining brighter than anything. He brushed this thought away as well and took Jungkook closer to the lake.

“This is sort of my safe place. I used to come here very often when I was younger when I needed calm or just time to think. No one knows about it. Not even Hoseok.” Jimin stated. Jungkook looked surprisingly at him. “I just thought that… you should know. You told me a lot about yourself and I’ve been an so I wanted to… show you a part of myself that no one knows about.”

“Thank you so much, hyung. It really means a lot to me.” Jungkook said, sitting down on the grass, followed by Jimin.

“Can I ask you something?”

“You’re already asking me a question.” Jungkook answered, smiling. Jimin rolled his eyes. “I know what you’re going to ask. I can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“Because they made me swear to not tell you.”

“They?” Jimin asked. “Wasn’t it Taehyung?”

“I can’t tell you, hyung.” Jungkook insisted.

“But I need to know!” Jimin complained.

“Why?” Jungkook, who was looking at the lake until now, turned to Jimin, tears threatening to spill. Jimin felt his lungs become empty of any oxygen at the sight.

“D-Don’t cry.” He stuttered. “Don’t you dare cry.”

“I’m going to cry if I want to. I’m not going to tell you anything so you can give up.” Jungkook said, tears rapidly falling.

“I just let in on something very personal but you can’t tell me who’s hurting you?” Jimin asked, angry.

“Yes.” Jungkook said, choking. “I wanna go home.” He added, getting up. “Please, take me home.”

Jimin huffed, getting up as well, walking quickly towards his car. Both boys got in and Jimin drove away. The atmosphere was very tensed during the whole ride and even though it was unbearable, they couldn’t do anything about it. Jimin left Jungkook in front of his house, not bothering to get out or even say something to him.

“See you tomorrow hyung.” Jungkook tried but when no answer came, he closed the door and Jimin immediately drove away.

When Jungkook entered his home, he found Yoongi asleep on the couch and a little post-it from his mother telling him that she was out grocery shopping. Jungkook deeply sighed and went to wake Yoongi up.

“Hyung… Wake up. I need you.” He said, shaking the older. Yoongi’s eyes fluttered open and when he saw Jungkook quietly crying, he immediately sat up, pulling the younger on his lap, hugging him tight.

“Kook, what’s up? Stop crying, please.” Yoongi asked, worried for the younger. Before he was able to talk, it took Jungkook a couple of minutes.

“Yoon, I have serious problems. I need your help.”

“What? What are you talking about? What problems?”

“I shouldn’t tell you about it but… I need your help.” Jungkook said and took a deep breath. “I’m being harassed at school because I’ve been hanging out with Jimin lately. Taehyung sent girls on me and they’re really… mean.” Jungkook explained.

“What the ? You should tell Jimin, he will put him back in his place.” Yoongi said, furious.

“I can’t. Taehyung told me to not tell him. We’ve just argued about this. He doesn’t even talk to me anymore.”

“Are you seriously going to listen to him?”

“What can I do? Who knows what could happen to him if Taehyung knows that I told him? I don’t want him to get hurt.”

“But you’re the one getting hurt! If you don’t tell him, I will!” Yoongi said and Jungkook got up, angry.

“Don’t you dare! I told you this because I trust you to help me and not betray me. If you ever tell him, I won’t ever trust you again.” Jungkook said, glaring hardly at Yoongi.

“I’m sorry, Jungkook. Come back here.” Yoongi said, opening his arms. Jungkook went back into his embrace.

“Please, don’t do it.”

“I promise I won’t. But be careful.”

“I will. How has it been going with Hoseok?”

“I’ve been avoiding him. I think he wants to explain himself but I really don’t want to hear him. Seeing his face hurts enough.”

“I really think you should talk though. You’re both hurting because you lost your friendship as well. If you can’t become lovers you can at least stay friends.” Jungkook stated.

“I don’t want to be friends with him, you know I can’t. If I could, I wouldn’t have gotten hurt.”

Jungkook deeply sighed, ruffling Yoongi’s hair. Then, the door opened, revealing Jungkook’s mom, carrying about 4 bags full of groceries.

“Guys, I’m not trying to ruin the moment but could you help me?”

Both boys got up, bringing the bags to the kitchen.

“Thanks. Can I ask what happened? To the both of you I mean.” She said, sitting down on the couch and gesturing the boys to do the same.

“It’s a long story.” Yoongi stated.

“That’s great because I have all the time in the world.”

“Who do you want to go first?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t know… I think Yoongi should go first. He’s the one I know the least about.”

“Okay. So, I’ve had this friend, Hoseok. We’ve been friends with benefits for some months but I quickly caught feelings for him and some days ago, I confessed. He rejected me, telling me that I was just a hook up for him and that he didn’t even know why he slept with me since I wasn’t attractive. This broke my heart because I was literally so in love with him; I knew it would happen but I wasn’t prepared for such harsh words.” Yoongi explained.

“Okay. Why did you use past tense though?”

“It’s over now. I ruined everything between us, even our friendship.”

“But you still love him, right?” Yoongi nodded “So, you can’t just let him go like that! Talk to him, see if he was telling you the truth or not. I don’t think he meant one word of what he said. You’re handsome Yoongi, and even though you shouldn’t rely on whatever other people could be saying about you, trust me. Anyone would be lucky to be your partner.” Mrs Jeon said, making Yoongi smile. “Now, what about you, Jungkook-ah?”

“As you may know, it’s about Jimin. I’ve been hanging out with him a lot lately since we’re trying to figure out whatever is going on between us. But some girls at school don’t like it and they began to harass me on Kim Taehyung’s order, the school’s troublemaker. I don’t know what to do because I can’t tell Jimin; I shouldn’t even be telling you all of this in fact. But I’m lost and I’m wondering if it is all worth it. We actually argued about this.”

“I see. But you love him so you should tell him.”

“But I can’t! What if Taehyung hurts him? I don’t want-”

“You shouldn’t think of that! You should think about yourself first! Jungkook, I’m sick of you sacrificing yourself for others! There should be a freaking reason that Jimin agreed to go out with you, he must have some kind of feelings towards you and you need to find out what kind they are and if they are genuine!” Mrs Jeon snapped, surprising both boys. “You’re both so stupid, I wonder if I’m really the person who raised you up.” She deeply sighed. “Get up now, take a shower and come back down, we’re going to have a movie night.”

“Thanks mom.” Jungkook said, hugging his mother.

“Thank you.” Yoongi said, hugging Mrs Jeon.

“You’re both welcome. Now, listen to me.” She replied and both boys did as they were told.

The night was spent on Netflix for the small family, watching sappy movies such as ‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before’ or ‘Kissing Booth’.

The next morning, Jungkook and Yoongi were walking to school, chatting about what Yoongi was going to do about Hoseok.

“If he comes to me, I think I’ll just listen to him this one time. If he tells me bull, I’ll definitely stop talking to him, forever.” Yoongi said.

“That’s a good choice, Yoon. You should listen to him. Ask him all the questions you want and if there’s even one that he can’t answer, leave.” Jungkook said, cheering his best friend up.

“Thanks Kook.”

“No need to thank me, Yoon.”

When they arrived to school, Jungkook noticed Jimin walking to the building a couple of steps ahead. He wanted to go up to him but saw Seulgi approaching him from the corner of his eye so he just looked down and went on chatting with Yoongi until they had to go their separate ways.

At lunch, the best friends decided to eat on the rooftop to be away from everyone and everything. Hoseok had talked to Yoongi so they could meet after school at Mango Six, to which Yoongi agreed.

“Have you talked with Jimin yet?” Yoongi asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

“No. He doesn’t even look at me when we cross paths in the hallways. I’m so frustrated because I want to tell him but I can’t!” Jungkook complained, huffing.

“I really think that you should at least send him a text. What if he hears about it from someone else? He’ll feel even more betrayed.” Yoongi reasoned.

“You’re right but I’m lost. I’ll try texting him though. Thanks, Yoon.” Jungkook said, hugging Yoongi.

When they were done eating, they went back down, not suspecting that someone had heard they little conversation.

 

“Hey, Jimin!” Taehyung shouted, jogging up to Jimin’s level. He pulled him in a quiet hallway, pinning him to the wall.

“What the ? Let go of me!” Jimin exclaimed.

“I heard that you and Jungkookie argued. Such a sad event, really.”

“Shut up. How do you know that?”

“I heard Jungkookie talk about it with Yoongi. I’m sure he told his friend what’s going on with him. They seem really close too.” Taehyung said, showing the pic he had taken when the boys hugged each other during lunch. Jimin felt his blood boil at the pic but brushed the feeling away, as always.

“What is it that you want for God’s sake?”

“I want nothing. But I know what you want. You wanna know what’s up with Jungkook. I can tell you.”

“What is it?”

“It can’t be that easy, Jiminie. Come to mine after school and I’ll tell you everything you want.” Taehyung said, taking a step back. “See you later, Chim!” he said, going his way.

Jimin straightened up and went to the bathroom, thinking about Taehyung’s words.

 

Later on, Yoongi and Jungkook were parting ways as the older was going to meet Hoseok at the café. Jungkook had texted Jimin but the later hadn’t replied. So, there he was, waiting for him to come out so they could finally talk. A couple of minutes later, Jimin was walking out of the building. He noticed Jungkook waiting for him and walked past him leaving the younger confused for a few seconds until he ran up to him.

“Hyung, we need to talk.” Jungkook said, stopping him.

“I don’t want to talk with you Jungkook. Leave me alone.” Jimin replied, resuming on walking.

“Listen to me, then. I can’t tell you about what’s going on but I need you to trust me. I’m trying to protect you!” Jungkook exclaimed and Jimin stopped, turning back to him, furious.

“Are you really, Jungkook? Aren’t you supposed to protect Yoongi too, then? What is so different between me and him that you trust him enough and not me? Aren’t you supposed to be in love with me, to trust me?” Jimin shouted, resulting in a few people looking his way. He was boiling with rage and something that he couldn’t decipher. He was so confused and lost, he didn’t know what he was feeling anymore. He also felt betrayed because he thought that he could be the person Jungkook could always rely on. He understood that he apparently wasn’t and that hurt him more than it should have.

“Don’t you understand that it’s the exact reason why I’m not telling you? I trust you but I’m afraid something will happen to you! I prefer taking it all on me instead of you getting hurt because of me! I would do anything for you hyung, anything!” Jungkook explained, tears threatening to spill from how frustrated he felt.

“Whatever. I’m going, don’t follow me.” Jimin said, turning around and leaving Jungkook on the spot, flabbergasted.

Jungkook groaned in annoyance at how stubborn Jimin was being and decided to follow him anyway. He left enough distance between them so that Jimin wouldn’t notice him but still kept track of him as he walked. A lot of people were on the sidewalks since it was around 6PM and people were getting out of work.

Jimin was crossing the road without really looking out for cars. He was too preoccupied about what he must do about Jungkook and what was Taehyung going to tell him. As he heard a horn blast, he turned his head and froze in his spot, seeing a car coming towards him. He waited to be hit but was pushed out of the way by someone behind him. He fell on the ground, not yet understanding what had happened. People came running towards him and the person that had been hit on his behalf. Jimin briefly told the people that he was alright before standing up and walking to his saviour. He had a bad feeling about who was lying on the ground. He came closer and when he saw brown Timberlands, tears gathered in his eyes. He pushed the people away and kneeled down in front of Jungkook, thick tears running down his cheeks.

“J-Jungkook… Jung-gkook…” he sobbed. “H-Hurry! Call 911! A-Anyone!” he screamed to the people around and a woman took her phone out, immediately calling 911. Jimin inspected Jungkook and removed his jacket to put it under his head, trying to reduce the bleeding. He hugged Jungkook’s body, sobbing in the middle of the road until an ambulance arrived.

Half an hour later, Mrs Jeon arrived followed by Yoongi and, surprisingly, Hoseok.

“What happened? Where is Jungkook?” Mrs Jeon asked Jimin as she sat beside him.

“He’s in surgery as we talk. He was hit by a car and he lost a lot of blood. They’re trying to do something but that’s all they could tell me since I’m not from his family.” Jimin explained, his voice wavering and his cheeks still wet from tears.

“What do you mean ‘hit by a car’? And how come you were there? Do you have something to do with this?” Yoongi asked, coming threateningly closer to Jimin.

“In fact… I was supposed to be hit by the car but he pushed me out of the way instead.” Jimin admitted and both Hoseok and Mrs Jeon gasped.

“What? You stupid-” Yoongi began but Hoseok held him back.

“Yoongi-ah, don’t you see that Jimin is as affected as everyone here? It wasn’t his fault.” He reasoned and sat down with Yoongi right beside Jimin.

After one long hour of waiting, the surgeon came to tell Mrs Jeon what had happened. Jungkook had lost too much blood and had succumbed to his injuries without them being able to do anything. Mrs Jeon burst out in tears, as well as Yoongi. Jimin was too shocked to have any kind of reaction. He just hugged Hoseok and tried to tell himself that it wasn’t real, that all of this was just a horrible nightmare. But when he realised that it wasn’t a dream, he let some tears fall freely, coming closer to Mrs Jeon.

“I’m sorry Mrs Jeon. If I hadn’t argued with Jungkook, he wouldn’t be…” Jimin choked.

“You’re right. I lost my best friend because you were too stupid to trust him! You should have listened to him instead of acting like a child! Jungkook was harassed by some that Taehyung sent his way! It’s all your fault you ing !” Yoongi screamed.

“Yoongi, calm down. It isn’t Jimin’s fault.” Mrs Jeon stated.

“No, it is my fault. But I know someone who could save us all. Mrs Jeon, you need to convince the doctors to not bring Jungkook to the morgue, please. Trust me.” Jimin said and Mrs Jeon nodded.

Jimin ran out of the hospital and took the first cab he saw.

 

Back in present time

Jimin knocked on the big wooden door in front of him. Some seconds later, the door opened, revealing a lady in her thirties with short hair and a long dress. She also wore some bracelets and heavy-looking gold earrings.

“Jimin, I was waiting for you.” The woman said.

“Hello, aunt Ah Ri.” Jimin said, bowing to her.

“Come in, you have a request, I suppose.”

“Yes. You already know what it is I guess.”

“I do. But you know you have to give me something in return, right?”

“I know. I have it in my bag.” Jimin said, sitting down on the floor in front of Ah Ri. “Please, fulfil my wish.” He pleaded.

“Take it out of your bag.” Ah Ri said and Jimin nodded, rummaging through his backpack.

“This is a wallet my mother gave me before she passed away. It’s like a charm that I carry around for good luck.” Jimin stated, handing the little hand mirror to the woman. “Please, could you make Jungkook come back to life?”

“I can. This mirror is just enough to be honest. I doubted that you would be able to have something enough for your wish to be granted.” Ah Ri said, kneeling down next to Jimin and tilting his head up so she could look at him. “I know how hard it’s been for you but I can assure you that your dad is doing his best.”

“I know. But we can talk about it later. Please, grant my wish, auntie.”

“Okay. Close your eyes.” Jimin closed his eyes and heard Ah Ri move around for some time until she finally stopped. “You can open your eyes.”

“Is it done?” Jimin asked.

“It is. Jungkook is in the hospital right now. No one but you and his family are aware that he died and came back to life.” She explained. Jimin went to hug her aunt.

“Thank you so much, auntie.” He said as she caressed his head.

“You won’t need any charm Jiminie. Jungkook is here for you now. You’ll have to explain everything to him and his family, okay?” Jimin nodded. “Come see me more often too. I know how boring my brother can be.”

“I will, I promise. Thank you so so much.” Jimin said and kissed her aunt on the cheek before going out of the house and taking the first cab to the hospital.

He entered, asked for Jungkook’s room’s number and took the elevator to the seventh floor. When he got off the elevator, he was met with Mrs Jeon, tears trailing down her face and Yoongi and Hoseok hugging tight.

“J-Jimin? What ha-happened? How c-come he is alive?” Mrs Jeon asked.

“I’ll explain it all to you later. Is he awake? Can I talk to him?” Jimin asked and Mrs Jeon immediately nodded, hugging Jimin briefly for a second and letting him enter Jungkook’s room.

The room was completely white, even the chair beside the bed was white. Jungkook was sitting on the bed, a bandage around his head and scratches on his face. Jimin’s eyes welled up with tears at the sight and he went to sit down on the chair right beside the bed.

“H-Hi.” He stuttered.

“Hey Jimin hyung. How are you?” Jungkook asked.

“Shouldn’t I be the one to ask you that?” Jimin replied, giggling softly.

“You know, I had a weird dream. It was all dark around me and suddenly, I saw a light. I understood I was dead when I saw my grandma. But then, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and a beautiful woman wearing a long dress was standing behind me. I asked her how she knew my name and she told me that ‘Jiminie’ had told her. She kinda looked like you. She told me her name was Ah Ri and that my time hasn’t come yet. She handed her hand out and when I took it, I woke up in this bed. I now have a question: what happened?”

When Jungkook was done telling everything to Jimin, the latter looked at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

“Well, I don’t really know where to begin. Simply put, you saved my life put lost yours. My aunt is a kind of witch so I asked her to make you come back to life. The woman you saw was my aunt Ah Ri. I couldn’t let you die.” Jimin explained, some tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Hyung-” Jungkook began but Jimin shook his head.

“No, I have to tell you something else. I lost my mother when I was young and I have been living with my dad since then. He never really paid attention to me so it was hard for me. It was hard for me to acknowledge your feelings for me and even harder to acknowledge the ones I had -and still have- for you since all the sh*t that happened with Taemin. I’m thankful that you listened to me and I’m so sorry that you wasted two weeks of your life with me and even got bullied because of me. I could never forgive myself for this. I’m not asking you to forgive me but to understand me, maybe?” Jimin said and, as he stood up to go, Jungkook grabbed his arm.

“Jimin hyung. I understand. I never hated you for anything because I knew how you felt just by looking in your eyes even if you didn’t say anything. I can’t forgive you because you haven’t done anything bad to me. Everything’s alright between us.” Jungkook stated and locked lips with Jimin in a soft kiss. Seconds after, they detached to admire the other’s smile, as happy as they could be.

“By the way, how did you know where I was?” Jimin asked, Jungkook’s big hand in his little one.

“I followed you even though you told me not to. It was good decision though, look what could have happened to you!” Jungkook exclaimed, punching Jimin’s arm lightly.

“Look what happened to you, imbecile!” Yoongi shouted, entering the room all of a sudden. He went to hug Jungkook, crying on his shoulder. “I thought you left me forever…” he sobbed and Jungkook giggled.

“But I’m alright now, Yoon. I’m not going anywhere without telling you, okay? I pinky promise.” Jungkook said, patting Yoongi’s head.

Mrs Jeon entered, followed by Hoseok.

“Jungkookie, what happened?” she asked.

“Jimin hyung could probably explain it all to you better than me.” Jungkook stated and everyone –even Yoongi – turned to Jimin.

“Well, my dad’s sister is kind of a witch?” he began, unsure. “She can fulfil one wish per person but you have to pay her with something that is very precious to you. I gave her a wallet my mom gifted me when I was younger before she passed away so she could bring Jungkook back to life. She made sure that only we would know of what she’d done.” He finished, curious of what the reactions would be.

“You never told me you had an aunt!” Hoseok exclaimed and just then did Jungkook notice that he was there.

“Hoseok sunbae?” he asked, looking at Yoongi right after. “What happened?”

“We talked and we decided to see where will this go. We’re taking things slowly.” Yoongi explained and Jungkook smiled.

“I’m glad.” He then turned to Hoseok. “If you hurt him one more time, you’ll have to face the consequences.” Jungkook threatened and Hoseok nodded, intimidated. “Mom, do you know when I’m going back home? I don’t like staying here.” Jungkook asked, pouting.

“The doctor told me you’ll have to stay at least one week here to be sure that your injury won’t have any repercussion on your brain. But they’re not worried so it’s alright.” Mrs Jeon answered.

“Okay… Can Jimin stay with me?”

“Of course. If he’s okay with it, I mean.”

“I’m totally fine with it. I’d love to spend all the time in this bland hospital room if it’s with you, Jungkookie.” Jimin answered, nuzzling Jungkook’s hand, making him giggle.

Jungkook spent the week in the hospital, mostly making out with Jimin when no one was around but also catching up on all the school work Yoongi was kind enough to bring him. Hoseok had told him that Yoongi almost passed out during the week because of how focused he was in class.

After this, everything went back to normal. When Jungkook went back to school, it was hand in hand with Jimin, making Seulgi go mad but also half of the school. Taehyung went back to hating Jimin whereas the latter went back to ignore him. Everything was fine, everyone was happy.

Jungkook was lying in Jimin’s arms in the older’s room (he’s dad is never home anyway), drawing patterns on his torso.

“I’d do anything for you, Jiminie. Anything.” He said in a raspy voice.

“I’d do the same for you Jungkookie. I love you so much.” The older answered, softly kissing Jungkook on the lips.


Author's Note :

Please, don't judge me too much because it's the first time I write a fantasy au and it's one of my favourite genres~ I really love this story is one my favourites so I beg you to be kind and to leave comments telling me how to improve^^

I love you all ! ♥