Part. 1

I Tease You Because I Love You

“STOP CALLING ME SHORT. I AM YOUR HYUNG AND YOU NEED TO RESPECT ME!”

 

The five boys sitting in the living room pop their heads almost in perfect unison when they heard the voice. “I knew Jimin was bothered, but I didn’t think it was this bad,” Tae mumbles.

After the initial scream, the screaming seems to continue. Jimin yelling at the top of his lungs, with no Jungkook to be heard. They as a whole assume that he is responding, just not as loudly as the older. They sit there in silence a little longer, just listening, they aren’t used to Jimin sounding so angry, he’s always been lenient about teasing, especially with Jungkook. A few more moments passes and they hear a door slam, followed by some angry footsteps, then another door slamming.

“Should we go check on uh, either of them?” Hobi asks carefully. The boys look around the room before anyone answers, “Tae you should go talk to Jimin, try to calm him down, I will go talk to Jungkook. Jin, could you maybe start dinner?” Namjoon speaks calmly as he gets up to exit the room and head towards the youngest’s room. Jin shakes his head and heads to the kitchen.

Namjoon knocks lightly on the maknaes door, “Kookie, its Joon, can I come in?” There is no answer from the other side, but he can hear the maknaes cries. Being the leader, he decides to let himself in, opening the door slowly, “Kook?”

The youngest is sitting on his bed with his face buried in his own hands. Namjoon can tell he is shaking a bit, but his cries are soft. The older sits on the bed next to him and brings a hand to his back for comfort. The younger begins to cry a little harder. “Kook, what happened?”

Jungkook looks up, his face is red, and his eyes are beginning to look puffy. He sniffles and wipes a few tears away, “Jiminnie is r-really mad at me. I only be-because I like him, but he thinks I’m trying to be mean, but I’m not Joon. I think Jimin is.. he's beautiful. I think he’s perfect. I think his voice is so pretty, I think his dance is pretty, I think he is pretty. I just love him, I love Park Jimin. I, Jeon Jungkook love Park Jimin. I,” Jungkook has stopped crying and he takes a long pause, “I am,” he pauses again, a long sigh leaves his lips as he closes his eyes. Namjoon hasn’t said a word. There is a silence in the air now, and the leader is waiting for the younger to finish, though he is pretty sure he knows where this is going. “I,” Jungkook finally breaks the silence, “am in love with him.” This time the maknae brings his eyes to meet the leader’s. He knows he looks scared and his heart is racing so fast. He hasn’t even talked to the other members, other than Jimin and Tae, about his uality, which he never even actually confirmed with either of them. He begins to panic, worried of the rejection that may come, the look of disgust, of judgment. None of that happens though, instead Namjoon pulls him into a hug, he hugs him so tightly and Jungkook doesn’t know what to think. They sit like that for what may have been 5 minutes, neither of them speaking.

“Kookie,” It’s Namjoon who breaks the silence this time, “do you mean it?” His voice is soft, but it doesn’t give the answers that the maknae needs, but he shakes his head yes, answering the olders question, despite none of his being answered yet. Namjoon just hums and nods back at him. A few more moments pass before he says anything else. “Does this mean you are coming out to me?” A small smile tugs at the corner of the leader’s lips and Jungkook feels like he could cry again, but the leader is right, he is technically coming out to him. Namjoon chuckles a little.

“Kookie, we all know. The group already knows that you aren’t very interested in women, and I don’t think anyone will be surprised to know that you are interested in Jimin. We can see the way that you look at him and we know that the way you is not the same way that you do with the rest of us. You need to talk to him.” Namjoon finishes with a soft and understanding smile on his face. Jungkook doesn’t know how to talk to Jimin but he doesn’t bother arguing with the leader, because he’s always right. “So, you should come talk to everyone and be honest with them, they are going to question me as soon as I come back, and I think this is your truth to tell, and after that, you are going to talk to Jimin.” The younger nods in agreement, “Thank you Joon Hyung.” They exit the room a few moments later, heading to the living room.

The remaining boys of the group look up in unison when they hear footsteps into the living room. They are faced with the sight of their leader and their maknae, the younger not even trying to hide that he just cried. “I’m going to get Jin, take a deep breath Kook.” The younger just nods his head again in response. No one says anything or even moves and a few moments later, the leader and the eldest walk back into the room. “Go ahead Kook, tell them.” Joon gives him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. The youngest sighs again before speaking.

“So,” he takes a deep breath, “I uh, I like Jiminnie Hyung.” No one moves or shows any response other than a raised eyebrow or two. The maknae sighs again, “Like, I REALLY like Jiminnie Hyung.” Again, no response. The maknae becomes slightly frustrated at the lack of understanding. “I’M GAY,” the youngest suddenly yells and a few of s jump at the loud sound of his voice. “I’m gay, and I am in love with Jimin, like really in love.” He’s so nervous saying it that he doesn’t hear Jimin coming down the hall behind him, but the others do, but why stop him now?

“Like how in love?” Yoongi asks, speaking for the first time since they’ve gotten home. Jungkook looks at Yoongi and let’s another sigh out, but his one sounds much different from the others, this one has something happier in it.

“Like, I want to hold his hand, and call him my boyfriend, and call him my Jiminie. I want to squish and kiss his cheeks. I want to cuddle him and tell him he did a good job at the end of a long day. I want to wear my sweaters every time he's cold, not just sometimes, because his sweater paws are just so cute. I want him to tell him I love him every opportunity I have. More than anything, I just want him to love me back. You know, I wrote euphoria while thinking about him. The intimate moments we do have don’t even feel real sometimes. Moments when I look into his eyes, or he’s asking me for help with his singing because he feels insecure, I feel like reality is gone and he is all that matters. I am just so in love with him.” Jungkook finally stops rambling and he feels better letting it off his chest. The feeling only lasts for a few moments, because he suddenly hears a voice that belongs to the one person who shouldn’t be in the room, “You’re in love with me?”

Jungkook turns slowly and makes eye contact with the person who he was just speaking of. There are tears forming in Jimin’s eyes and his mouth is parted slightly. Jungkook suddenly panics and takes off towards his room, tears already falling, Jimin wasn’t supposed to hear that, he wasn’t supposed to know. He hears Jimin call his name before slamming and locking his door, choosing to hide rather than face his best friend with the truth.

He hears knocking at his door, Jimin calling his name, but he plugs his headphones in and puts on his favorite playlist titled, For the boy I love. He hides under his blankets and cries for what feels like hours, his playlist on a loop, until he falls asleep.