Puppy Love

Longing Nightfall

A/N:Formating got a bit ed when transfering, but enjoy. More at end


Water dripped from the tip of Seulgi’s nose as she stared at herself in the mirror. She smacked herself and dragged her hands down her face. “God, I can’t believe I’m such a idiot!” She groaned.

    “Yeah, you’re an idiot.”

    Seulgi jumped forward, hitting her hips into the counter. “! Yerim?”

    “But a cute idiot. What’s wrong with our puppy?”

    “Ugh, why do you treat me like this? I’m older… Anyway, why are you here?” She turned around to face the young nymph.

    Yerim crossed her arms and cocked her head to the side. “It’s the restrooommm?”

    “You and I both know that you’re in here for different reasons.”

    “So you MIGHT be right, but you’re also in here for a reason.” Yerim put her hands on the sides of Seulgi’s face and lightly slaps her cheeks. “Tell. Me. What. Is. Wrong.”

    “Stop that.” She sighed and pulled Yerim’s hands away. “I hate myself…”

    “Already know that, but go on.”

    Seulgi went on to explain her eventful, short time in class. The heat returns to her face when she starts to describe the reason why she’s standing here. Yerim gagged when she heard about Seulgi’s hands being covered in snot.

    “Oh god, Seulgi! That’s gross!”

    Seulgi raised her hands in the air and glared. “Are you gonna be helpful or no?”

    “Okay, okay, but seriously, Seulgi, not saying you might be exaggerating, but you’re exaggerating.” Yerim walked towards the mirrors and inspected herself. “Don’t let this be the moment that defines you. Now, please leave.”

    “Why—” Just before Seulgi finish, Sooyoung rushed through the door.

    “Hey, I know it took a while, but I got- Oh? Hi, Seulgi!”

    Looking at the mysterious bag Sooyoung was holding, Seulgi sighed. “I’m just gonna leave...” As she was leaving, she heard Yerim yell something about it being for ‘the greater good!’, whatever that means.

    The slow walk wasn’t enough for her. She felt a little light-headed just standing in front of the class door. Taking a deep breathe, her hand slowly turned the knob. When the door was fully opened, she scanned the room to see everyone chatting happily away. All except Joohyun, who looked like she was working on a previous project she had yet to turn in. Seulgi let go of the door and headed towards Joohyun.

    She cleared . “Excuse me, Joohyun?” The vampire goddess jumped in her seat at the sound of her voice and in the process, painting over her pre-existing progress. Horrified, Seulgi looked back and forth between Joohyun and her work. keeps moving to speak, but nothing came out. Until Joohyun looked at her with wide eyes. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t… I didn’t mean to!”

    Joohyun looked back at the now ruined art project with disappointment. She put down her brush and sighed. “It’s… fine, Seulgi.”

    “You- uhh, you probably don’t want to be partners anymore, huh?”

    “Ngh? Why would you say that?”

    “Well, I ruined your project. Aren’t you upset?”

    “Yes, Iit is upsetting because I’ve been struggling with using acrylic, but we have until the end of the semester to turn in all projects and it’s only the beginning, so…”

    Joohyun’s attention was back on Seulgi. Her heart raced and hair started to grow behind her ears. “God, please not now!” she thought. She took her index and thumb and rubbed one of her ears.

    “I mean, that’s true, but I still feel bad… I-I could help, if, uh, if you don’t mind, but it’s fine if you don’t want to...⁤‪”

    “I’d appreciate it, really, but then I’d feel like I’m using you,” Joohyun spoke softly, “and if other monsters saw, they’d probably think the same. I just so happen to get Kang Seulgi as my art partner and she’d be helping with a previous project? It doesn’t look right.”

    Seulgi could honestly say that her heart has definitely stopped and her brain is malfunctioning. Joohyun had implied that Seulgi is a great artist! Wait! That means she had to have observed her a few times then, right? She felt like she was gonna burst with so many emotions.

    “Ah! Your ears Seulgi.”

    At Joohyun’s statement, Seulgi’s other hand shot up to cover her other ear. Sure enough, fully developed wolf ears were there. “So-sorry, uuuhmmm… If...if you really don’t mind being partners, I’d be more than happy. Also, I really wouldn’t mind helping you out with your other project.”

    She bit her lip. “Are you sure?”

    Seulgi could feel her tail start to grow. “Yeah! It’s perfectly fine.” she spoke frantically. “I’m gonna go grab some supplies for you in the supply room. I’ll be back!”

    When Seulgi stepped into the other room, she took deep breaths and started to gently rub her ears. This went on for a bit before she finally calmed down. With one more deep breath, she started to look for a new canvas for Joohyun. Grabbing one quickly, she made her way back to Joohyun.

    “Here.” Seulgi cleared .

    “Oh! Thank you. Should we start working on it right now as we plan our project or do you just want to discuss the project?”

    “We can do both.”

    They went on to first discuss Joohyun’s previous project. Talking about art really helped Seulgi forget about her nervousness talking to her. It made her feel good to know that the one she’s helping actually wanted to get better. That she actually took Seulgi’s advice instead of making her do it.

    As the class neared its end, Joohyun asked if Seulgi had any places in mind for their next project. Of course, she had a few like: Lunar Lake, Centaur’s Garden, and Skeletal Forest. However, judging by her partner’s reaction, Skeletal Forest was out, but that was fine since Seulgi has been leaning towards Lunar Lake.

    “I think Lunar Lake would be nice to go to.” Joohyun said smiling. “I haven’t been there yet. Have you?”

    “Yes, once, but I didn’t have my camera with me, so I would like to go back.”

    “Then it’s settled! We have till Friday to have a picture to present to Mrs. Massic. When do you want to meet up?”

    Heat rose to Seulgi’s face. “Me-meet up? What do you mean?”

    A look of confusion crossed Joohyun’s face. “Shouldn’t we take the pictures together?”

    “Oh, well, I, uhhh… I was just going to take them myself and then show you…” Seulgi’s voice grew soft.

    “That’s silly. Now, when do you want to meet up?”

    “I’m free Thursday.”

    Before anything else could be said the bell rang. Joohyun packed her stuff up as Seulgi put the art supplies away. When she returned back, she saw a purple sticky note on her stuff. It read: ‘Thursday is fine with me. We can talk more later :) Here’s my number XXX-XXX-XXXX’

    Seulgi could feel her ears shift again, but she didn’t care. Nothing could ruin this for her at the moment. It was like be able to run freely in a meadow. She couldn’t wait to talk to Seungwan after school.

    When the last class of the day finished, Seulgi rushed over to her usual meeting spot with her best friend.

    “Seungwan! You’ll never guess what happened!” she called to her.

    “Is it about what had happened to the Human Studies teacher?”

    “Wha—No, why, what happened?”

    “Apparently, someone put liquid paralysis in his coffee after lunch. He’ll be fine after a weeks rest, but still, why would someone do that?” Seungwan crossed her arms and looked at the sky in thought.

    “Didn’t Sooyoung say they had a test in that class Thursday?” Seulgi could recall both Sooyoung and Yerim complaining about the amount of tests they have in that class.

    “Oh my god… It probably was them.” she sighed. “Anyway, you said you had something to say?”

    “Oh! Yeah, that’s right!” Seulgi dug into her pants pocket and pulled out the purple sticky note for Seungwan to see.

    “You’re going on a date?”

    “W-well, no, I’d probably wouldn’t be standing if that were the case.” Seulgi scratched the back of her head. “I-it’s actually J-Joohyun’s number.”

“WHAT?” Seungwan grabbed her friend’s wrist and pulled the note closer. “WHAT? HOW?”

“She wanted to partner up with me for our next art project.”

Letting go of her friend’s wrist, Seungwan her lips and checked the time. “We have SO much to talk about, but you need to get to practice and I need to get home. I leave you alone for TWO class periods… Anyway, bye, have fun!”

Seulgi waved to her departing friend. “You know I won’t!”

When her friend was completely gone, she looked at the note one last time. She felt bubbly on the inside. If only Thursday could come faster.


A/N: Ay, so like, I honest to god wasn't expecting people to subscribe to this. I'm actually a bit stunned? I hope you guys are following me because it's actually good and not because ya'll deprived like me. Watch me disappoint you all lmaoooo Anyway, I hope you all really do enjoy this story and I'll try to update regularly. Also, any of you reading this actually play Monster Prom? If not, go play it. Like now. It's good stuff. Shout out to my three friends for reviewing this and calling me a 'hick' because I can't spell!