The Hole Inside

Heartbroken

"I am sorry for messing around a lil bit.Truthfully I don't want us to start on the wrong side" Seulgi said sincerely as she extends her hand again for the bartender to shake which the latter willfully oblige.The moment their skin touch Irene felt how warm her hand is so was her smile.One thing she noticed though is the cold metallic lump that bumped into her skin the minute she shook her hand.She carefully observe her retreated hand and she took notice of the golden ring on Seulgi's ring finger. 
Her heart sank.She is crushing over a married woman.

Lucky guy, she guess. 
Seulgi noticed Yooa eyeing her ring so she just let out a playful chuckle. 
"In case you're wondering I am married but not exactly" she said which confused Yooa more. 

"What?" 
"I was married once upon a time ago.15 years of marriage to be exact" 
Yooa's jaw fell.15 years so this meant this woman is somewhat 35 to 40 years old??She is making a mental calculation on her head which Seulgi noticed. 
"I am 37" she said as Seulgi drank her unattended scotch and smile afterwards. 
I renes eyes stretched wide open.Jesus she's 37 and doesn't look like one.She imagine 37 year olds to be old ugly hags, not some flawless skinned blonde girl infront of her.She might have drank from the fountain of youth.From the looks of it it looked like like they were just the same age.She is itching to ask what her beauty regimen is but she save the thought later. 
"What do you mean when you said you were married but not exactly?" she said itching to ask her Seulgi focused her vision in some blank space before speaking. 
"We got divorced after 15 years of staying together.We got married in Florida when we were both naive 21 years old and flew back to Boston to find a job.We got two kids one 16 year old handsome fellow the other one a 5 year old sweet spoiled princess.We got divorced last year just before thanksgiving.I visit my kids during weekends as court mandatec after our divorce.My ex-wife has the full custody over our kids " she saic as she drank the scotch to the last drop. 
Yooa caught the last sentence on her mind 'My ex-wife has the full custody of our kids:Does that mean that she is... 
"Yeah I am gay.I hope you're not homophobic or something" Seulgi said almost guessing what run on Yooa's mind.Seulgi shyly scratching the back of her neck like she just spilled a tinie tiny little secret to Yooa.Yooa could see small tints of red hue on Seulgi's cheek. Yooa swore to god that she heard hallelujah and chorus of angels on her ear: by that revelation. 
"No no, I am not.What I mean is I am totally fine with it" Yooa said in return copying Seulgi's action. At the back of her mind she would like to ask it's ok if she would apply a second wife to this cute brunette and have cute kids.Seulgi continue telling her sad story on how she got divorce.Maybe telling a stranger her sad sappy marriage life will not hurt a bit. 
"It was all a misunderatanding and an honest mistake.She caught me making out with my then secretary SinB but it was all a set-up.I didn't realize she was plotting it all along she was delusional that we were lovers. SinB drugged my coffe that time with some kind of psychidelic drug.My wife visited me on my office that time and shockingly she caught us two doing some nasty stuff.After that things got messy she failed to believe that I was telling her the truth and suspected me cheating her all along.Things got so complicated and I was trying to untangle the mess and tried hard to repair our severed relationship.One day I was so shocked to hear the news that she wants to divorce me under the grounds of infidelity.I was deeply hurt but not to make the situation worse for our kids I just agreed on the petition demands and not rile her up with fear that my kids will be moved away from me.All the accusations were not true and were all lies fueled by her divorce counsel attorney to milk her away with the money and attorneys fees.Despite everything that had happened I still love her and I will patiently wait until she opens her heart up again to me that's why still wore this stupid wedding ring no matter how much it pains me by just looking at it" she said as Seulgi looked at her wedding ring with the vows inscribed 

'To love and cherish you forever' 


Yooa almost teared up hearing her.It almost breaks her heart that this kind woman who did nothing wrong suffered so much.She only got to visit her Kids during weekends and ner ex-wire stilt is cold to nersne only look at her with sympathy. 


"You know what the ed up thing was I was really hallucinating hard that time that I thought my wife and I were making love inside my office.What complicates worse with my situation right now is that my ex-wife got herself a boyfriend.My biggest fear is that one day my kids will be alienated and grew up without me watching and caring for them,that somebody else will replace my role in their lives.That's every parent's worst fear believe me." Seulgi said. 
Out of the blue Yooa grabbed Seulgi's warm hands and held them which Seulgi caught offguard. 


"It is so brave of you that afterall that happened you still love her but I also think that you deserve someone better to show you how you should be love.I think your wife never loved you enough to repair your relationship and think of the consequences of the divorce especially the damage it cause the kids.If I were her I will not believe those lies because if she truly knows and loves you she should see for herself what is inside your heart.Maybe she never loved you the way you love her all along. Don't be too hard on yourself you deserve better" Yooa smiled hoping that her words could have awaken something in Seulgi because she is so blinded by her love to her wife and is the reason why she is suffering.

Seulgi felt something deep inside her as if what Yooa said opened her eyes to something that she was blinded all along.lt had been a year and things were still messy between them, Irene got herself a boyfriend maybe she is clearly and deliberately passing the message that she was not needed in her life anymore.Seulgi was emotionless and she would like to ranaway from the truth.She retreated her hand and told Yooa that she needs to go home, to her empty home. Yooa just nod at her and looked at Seulgis retreating figure.She is hoping that she will comeback again and sat on the counter but this time she was like her normal self the funny cheeky smiling fellow that she met awhile ago.Something hurt inside of her looking at her hurt. 


She is hoping that she will comeback again and sat on the counter but this time she was like her normal self the funny cheeky smiling fellow that she met awhile ago. 
Meanwhile Seulgi drove herself to Frankfurt street to where Irene and the kids were staying.She wants to talk to Irene about everything and put an end to it.How he wished she was drunk enough to do it.If Yooa's words were true then she want to hear it loud and clear straight from Irene's. She parked her car a couple of blocks away from Irene's house.With all the courage that she could muster she bravely walk righ infront of the house only to retreat after when she saw the unfamilliar view infront of her. Irene and Bogum were currently outside the front porch kissing each other.They stopped kissing and looked at each others eyes tenderly with Bogum caressing Irene's face gently. Bogum kissed her again this time swiftly before he said his goodbye and enter his black chevy pick up. Before Bogum spedaway Irene knocked on the car's window hunched over and murmured something to Bogum.Out of the blue Bogum stepped out of the car and started making out with Irene again until they reach inside the house.They were like teenagers giggling and making sloppy kisses preventing the risk of getting caught. From the windowsill Seulgi could clearly see how Irene hastily removes Bogum's v-neck shirt and the latter stripping her night clothes with huried steps upstairs to make love.Seulgi froze at that moment and she swear her heart died. She tasted something bitter in and a dull thudding feeling at the pit of her stomach.It felt like she tasted the bitter taste of her own bile.

 
'What was going on?' 
'Why are they doing this?' 
The only questions she could think as of the moment.She retreated back to her car and decided to go home.She numbed herself enough to prevent herself from exploding.She can't even name and describe the pain that she felt.There is one clear fact though that she got the answer that she needed right infront of her.

The reason why Seulgi stayed at random bars at late nights because she thought she might go insane if she will go straight to a very empty house with no one to greet her but the sound of the front door hinge creaking and the dead cold air inside.Her home change to nothing but an empty and hollowed house.It had been a year ever since Irene and the kids move out from their home but to Seulgi it felt like an eternity.Seulgi walked straight to her and Irene's bedroom how each night it was a torture for her to sleep on an empty bed as she relish every happy memory she has with her wife.How they made and build their dreams together and raise a family throughout the years had been the best days of her life. Now,her life was empty and have no meaning.The scene from earlier flashed on her mind and it dug a grave inside Seulgis heart.She felt the painful burnt inside her heart with nothing but anguish and the feeling of being broken. Irene her world and her sunshine had become someone else she couldn't recognize, Irene had become a stranger to her, Irene had become somebody else's and not hers.Yooa's words reverberated loud and clear inside her dull and numb head from thinking


' Maybe she never loved you the way you love her all along"

 
maybe Yooa was right. After the long haul something snapped inside of her and she decided to remove that stupid ring from her finger and place it inside her drawer putting it back inside the red velvetty box where it used to be.She looked at her right hand and it felt so different without the ring in it .After wearing that ring for 16 years her identity was stripped down to nothing and she felt a deep gushing wound inside that could take a longer time to heal .The reality of being a divorcee hits her hard.How come it hurts like this,had she been deluding herself all along to salvage their marriage? Irene doesn't love her anymore and that hurts like hell that she felt her heart being grinded to pieces bits by bits.She had been a fool to believe all along.Late that night she open her journal and wrote an entry. 


There was a big aching hole inside my chest where my heart was and a hole in the sky where God used to be. 


That night she sobbed herself to sleep numbing the hurt inside and put a rest to a fight that she had lost.