Him

Him (This Time I've Got it Right)

They said, the one that you love, is the one who'll hurt you in the end. But I said, if you'll never get hurt, then you've never love. And it doesn't mean, you've been hurt once, you'll never love again.

 

 

Bang Sung Joon, he was my first– my love, my everything and we promised that we'll fight against all odds together, but I guess, I was wrong.

 

I loved him but he ruined me. He plays with the thought that he wouldn't hurt me. You know what's even worse? I let him do his game, knowing it'll hurt me in return. I was hurt, cheated and lived with the lies. I was once strong, but all of my defenses had face its fall down.

 

I was too blind to see what's true from lies, deaf to hear what people been saying about, too dumb to believed it'll always be me who will he love, but I was too wrong.

I've cried my self alone at night, it really hurts deep inside.

 

 

I was walking under the hard of a falling rain. Too numb too feel everything. I just saw the man I loved kissing another man in a hallway... moment ago. I guess, that's too much to handled the pain. I walked away– away from him, from them and not even noticing me. Maybe, its time for me to let go and end my stupidness. But how? I just loved him so much. My world revolves around him.

 

 

Then, he came and saved me from my misery.

He grab me by my hand, saved me from a raging car. He looks at me with his worrying eye as he settled me in a corner of the aisle.

I sobbed, I cried hard. A hand on my back caressing me, it feels surreal– someone who's still stranger for me and yet comforting me.

 

The next thing I knew...

I fluttered my eyes to open, a groan escaped from my lips as I was wide awake. I stared at the white ceiling, feeling the not soften of the bed. I know, I wasn't home– this isn't even my room.

I looked around the place and tried to remember everything. Not too long when its door open and revealed the man I thought I'd only seen him in my dreams.

"Hi! There. Good morning." he said while smiling, that made me blush.

I wondered if I was in heaven– already. Is he an angel? And, his voice is smooth that it swift off of my feet.

"H–hi! Go–good morning." I whisper as I swallowing down my nerves.

"Are you okay now?" he asked in worried.

My heart melts on how he was too sweet and worrying about me.

I could feel the senserity in him. No one ever made me feel like these– too safe, too calm that it takes my worries away.

I nodded.

He told me, I've fainted last night with too much hurt I hide inside. He takes me home with him since he doesn't know where I live.

 

He walked me back home later that day, but Sung Joon had waiting me outside my place. He looks at him from head to toe. He shoo him away, and "Choose... distance or your life?" he threathen.

I was mad, really. He's just my boyfriend, and he doesn't even have the right to threaten anyone around me or who should I be with, cause neither I– I don't even do things like that with those guys he flirts around.

 

 

He wasn't threaten with what Sung Joon told him, he still always come around. We strolled the city together every three days on a week after school if our schedules met, and every week end we always have this little picnic at the Han River– reading books, sharing stories, even sharing our dreams, or sometimes, we rent a bike as we went around the Han River.

 

I have feared that Sung Joon might see him with me and he'll beat him up and end up crushing his face or even worst from that. But I've always set that aside, because I know, we didn't do anything wrong. He just wanted me to be happy and feels the love I deserved I have to be.

 

Then my fear comes– my boyfriend saw us. He punched him right away without letting me explain everything.

I get mad at Sung Joon, I defended him "Stop!" I shout, as I came to his side and helped him to stan, checking the bruise he got.

"So, now you're defending him." he sarcastic said. Eyes flaring with anger. I threw him a looked.

He just beat an innocent man– whose intention is to make me feel love. So, I've made a decision that I know it'll break my heart in the end, but I've already had enough. I broke up with him.

I have let him go, not because I was fallen out of love, but because its more painful to stay and continue hurting myself. Maybe, I've come to realize that– I've already given everything and have received nothing but pain and tears in return.

 

 

We became more good friends as I broke up with Sung Joon two months ago. He cries with me in the past two months, as I told him everything. He's with me every time I needed someone. He's my shoulder to cry on. He's too good in everything– giving me advices, cheering me up, and helping me see the brighter side.

He made me realize that one of the best feeling in the world is... I'm perfectly happy without the person I thought I needed the most.

I fall for him– for how he makes me feel secured and love. But I was too afraid– afraid that I've might lose him if he knows that I love him. And I am too afraid to love again.

So, I push him away. I distant myself at him–avoiding and running away from him. I guess, it is better off this way, than him who'll push me away.

But he caught me off guard when he cornered me in a block, he asks "Why are you pushing me away?" his voice is broke, his eyes shows sadness.

I couldn't answer him back, I just stayed silent.

And to my surprised, he hugged me. I felt the warmth of his body as he embrace me once more. I sniffed as I burried my nose on his chest, so I could smelled his cologne. Oh! How I've missed him so much.

A tear escape from my eyes as he told me "I've missed you so much."

I hugged him tightly and I don't ever wanna let him go.

 

 

Its been four years since I've met him, but I have love him even more.

He told me once "When your heart gets hurt, you don't need someone to heal the scar and take away the pain. What you need is someone who will make you realize that nothing is really broken."

And, everytime I remembered everything about us in the past four years it'll always made me smile. I never thought that the man grab me by my hand on a one rainy evening will be my one true love.

As we face the altar together for the coming days, all I can say is "Nam Woohyun, my love, my life, thank you for coming into my life. And, the reason why it didn't work with anyone else, is... YOU. I, Kim Myungsoo, swears that I'll love with all my heart. And, I will love you even more in each days of our lives."

 

Answered prayer when he came at the right time with the right love at the right moment of my life.

Yeah, I was hurt, cheated and broken with my first but it doesn't mean no one will come and save me and put the missing piece back.

To my ex, who've hurt me... thank you for the broken heart, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here with the love of my life.

And, who would've thought I found love under a pouring rain? And who knows, you'll find yours too. *Wink*