1/2

What a Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Say: what will happen if suddenly Chanwoo disappears one day?

 

 

It’s late at night, the sky is at its darkest when Chanwoo suddenly wakes up from his sleep. He can’t return to sleep and he knows that sleep itself won’t come to him any sooner or later anymore even if he tries. So he only lays down on his bed, faces the wall and just stares nowhere in the dark.

 

It’s dead quiet in the dorm. Though if he tries to hear carefully he could hear the blaring battle of snores between Bobby, Hanbin and Junhoe from the other rooms. It such a wonder that none of the members; except for him, not to wake up because of them snoring out loud. Chanwoo swears that those 3 make their dorm almost alike to a battlefield in the middle of a war.

 

The dark is too blinding and the deafness of sound is killing him. He can’t stand it anymore, not when he knows he will be facing the dark alone until morning. The more seconds passing by, Chanwoo found himself in another battle; aside from the snoring one, inside of him as his demon is fighting his conscience. He is left with no choices and given no redemption for any salvation to his inner struggles. This is why Chanwoo hates it whenever he can’t sleep. When he is the only one who is awake while his other members are sleeping. He has no one to talk to thus nobody to seek help caging the demon in him for making any damage to his mind and soul, to his heart especially from giving him those unwanted and dark feelings that are much darker than the night.

 

In the end, he wakes up, admitting defeat to his demon. He walks down the bed very slowly not to wake up the sleeping Yunhyeong, his twin monster hyung who is so tired from all the dancing practices and jet-lag of their flights. He silently packs his small backpack with few clothes, some snacks and of course, his game console; can’t leave that behind although he doesn’t play much with it all thanks to their packed schedules. He slings the bag onto his broad back after changing into a much decent and comfortable clothes to protect himself from the cold outside. After taking his wallet and phone from the bedside table, he walks out from the room with a careful steps and after that out from the dorm. No turning back between all the tiptoed he did.

 

The silent tug of the door closed doesn’t manage to stir anyone awake at all; not even their manager hyung. And the dorm becomes quiet once again.

 

 

 

 

The next morning …...

 

It’s Donghyuk who wakes up first. He wakes up to the sound of Bobby and Hanbin’s high power snores along with a tingling feel of something down him. It’s his bladder issue and with a groan; much addressed to the two rappers, he forcefully wakes up and goes to the bathroom.

 

Donghyuk doesn’t feel like returning to his sleep after answering his nature call in the damn early of the morning. Although he is so tired, he decides not to go to sleep again and instead walks to the kitchen. Being an angel he is, he cooks breakfast for s and manager. It’s usually Yunhyeong’s job to cook for them but for today, Donghyuk wants to make an exception. After all, he knows how dead tired the other is from all their hectic schedules; although he is doing the exact schedules like the older too.

 

He is halfway done with the rice when Yunhyeong wakes up next and they end up with having 2 chefs for the morning. Then it’s Bobby who is awake though he doesn’t help anything other than sitting on the table with his eyes almost not open asking for them what are they having for breakfast.

 

Then the rest of them are finally awake and getting ready for the day with a hot shower in the morning before taking their breakfast. Hanbin is the last one to wake up but then he is the one sitting on the dining table before Yunhyeong. The 2nd oldest of the group is known to be the one member who takes his shower the longest ever and now it becomes somewhat a norm for them already. He is in his shared room with the youngest after his shower when Yunhyeong realized that the room is empty. No suspicion on his mind as he thought that Chanwoo is already in the kitchen; though he does feel weird waking up in the morning with the younger’s bed tidied up and no presence of him either in the kitchen when he enters that morning to cook. Yunhyeong is thick with sleep that time thinks that maybe the maknae is showering.

 

Still not thinking of it much, he gets ready with a simple white t-shirt and black short pants before making his way to the kitchen. The smell of fried kimchi rice and other delicious foods make his stomach rumbles in delight. But then when he arrives, he becomes confused and hurried steps earlier slow down as his eyes slit in wonder and the gear in his head spinning fast. The others noticed his odd expression. Donghyuk is the first to ask, “What’s the matter, hyung? Why you look so surprised?”

 

“Nothing. it’s just that …...” He finds himself unable to say a word next but then after forcing the grip on himself he says, “Has anyone see Chanwoo today? I didn’t see him at all since this morning.”

 

Hearing his words everyone stuns, except for Hanbin and Bobby who are too busy munching the food and fighting for the chicken wings. “What do you mean? I thought he is in the shower.” Jinhwan said, much confusion on his face.

 

“He’s not. I’m the last one.” Yunhyeong says adding much anxiety to his heart. Now he finds out his heart is beating fast although he is sure there is no necessity for it to beat that anxiously. They still don’t know anything and the condition is not that severe.

 

Jinhwan is clearly taken aback at that but he controls his emotion well, looks like his variety skills in controlling facial expression and all is working out well. Donghyuk is gaping a bit, still not being clear about the situation while June is eating his food silently with eyes watching Yunhyeong entirely. His typical ‘I don’t care’ look is shown but no one knows that there is more to that. Meanwhile, Bobby and Hanbin have stopped arguing and now finally could detect the tension building in the air.

 

Putting his chopsticks down the other youngest June asks, “What do you mean he’s not in the shower, hyung? We all thought he just woke up.”

 

“So does that mean you also didn’t see him at all since this morning?”

 

June shakes his head at Yunhyeong’s question, the younger’s eyes growing an inch bigger when he could pick up the tension already. Yunhyeong’s frown on the other side becoming deeper and so does Jinhwan’s. There is an uneasiness crawling inside them but being man they don’t show it much. Being calm is what they should be after all. But although that is being said, the worries etched on their faces is not easy to be dispelled. “He didn’t enter the kitchen this morning with you?” Jinhwan asks Yunhyeong.

 

“No, he didn’t. It was only Donghyukkie and me and after that Jiwon came to us. There was no Chanwoo in the kitchen this morning.” Strange Jinhwan thought. As that means Chanwoo is not doing his daily work helping in the kitchen this morning too. And Yunhyeong didn’t see him when he woke up either, when he was showering and in the room earlier either when he was changing clothes. So where the hell is the maknae then?

 

“Aish, you guys are being too serious about it. Maybe he’s at the practice room already.” It’s Hanbin who said that with his mouth full with rice. All of them have their eyes on him watching the leader eating like no care in the world. Jinhwan who hears that has no choice but to agree with Hanbin for now to ease his worried heart.

 

“Hanbin might be right. Maybe Chanwoo is already at the practice room. He might have woken up earlier than any of us and go straight there. There’s nothing to worry about Yunhyeong.” Jinhwan assures the younger with a smile though the end of his lips quiver a bit. There is no way he could lie to himself that he is not worried at all; maybe small but it is still considered as worries.

 

“But that’s weird.” Yunhyeong is still speaking as he takes his seat beside June. “He would never leave without telling any of us.” His words grab everyone’s attention at the table. Now he has all eyes on him, staring and watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter