Bonus Chapter

Shape My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Warning: Extremely emotional. Get your tissues ready!

~*~*~*~

It was amazing, how much had passed within ten years, a decade of time. By this time, his son was fully capable of doing things around the house, like helping his mother with dishes, or whisking the eggs. By this time, he was talking like an adult, nine years old that knew so much about the world. By this time, they already learned how to cope without another person in their life, leaving him useless in the equation of their loving home.

“Thanks for letting me stay” he never could look at her properly, he tried once and broke down like the pathetic man that he was, worse was that she was the one to comfort him, when it should have been the opposite reaction.

“You’re welcome” she hummed, her voice the melody of his life and the music he had missed for so many years. He would never get over her, he just realized it when it was much to late to do anything about it.

“Can I come over tomorrow?” He was hopeful, until her silence rang through the night air and she took a step outside of the house, closing the door behind her.

“You can see your son whenever you want too” she answered, but the way her arms crossed before her chest, he could tell there was a catch to the happiness. “I was actually hoping you could babysit for me…” not what he was expecting, but he’d take that over being rejected completely.

“Of course, he’s my son too” he answered, glancing into the dinning room window to see the said boy drying to last of the plates “but can I ask why?”

“I have a date actually” she hummed, and a goofy smile pulled across her lips, her arms holding herself in pure admiration, and Jin’s heart could be heard shattering within his chest.

He truly thought that time would win her over, that if he worked hard enough and stayed patient, that she would one day forgive him and accept him back into her life. He honestly believed, he could make up their lost time to become the man she could depend on, the man who loved her more than anything, the man who fathered her son. Never did he think he would hear those words, or stopped to guess another man would enter her life.

“With who?” He tried not to be disappointed, but he honestly couldn’t contain the sound from his voice, he felt as though he was suffocating honestly.

“I’d rather not say” her defenses were up again, the small smile that held her lips had just as quickly dropped them. He had seen the change several times, and learned that it was where he drew the line.

“Right” he beamed a smile so fake, but it was all he could offer. “What time should I be here?” What else can he do? He fought with everything he had already, and was losing every day.

~*~*~*~

“It’s going to break his heart Taehyung; we shouldn’t tell him yet.” He didn’t mean to eavesdrop onto her conversation with her date, he just happened to walk past the window at the exact same time he had arrived, and heard the name.

“We can’t hide it forever, you know this” that deep voice, so familiar yet gradually forgotten. Kim Taehyung? His former bandmate? Please say that it isn’t him. Bracing himself, he glanced out of the window to indeed be met with the familiar figure, slightly older but still significantly the same.

“Are you serious!?” Seokjin was beyond enraged, his anger soaring through his veins and causing two unsuspected people to whirl around, their eyes wide and guilty as they stared. Making his way from the house towards the outside, he went to swing but was stunned when an arm pulled him away with brutal force.

“DON’T YOU DARE GET ANGRY AT HIM!” She yelled, so frantically loud that it caused both boys to freeze in their tracks, Seokjin quickly turning his attention towards the one holding his wrist, a wild anger set across her features.

“Out of all the men in the world, you have to go on a date with him!?” He couldn’t contain his anger; it was spiraling out of all control.

“He was there for me!” She fired back in an instant, and Jin lost all motivation to fight instantly, his eyes growing wide as he listened to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter