One Shot - Lost Piece

Lost Piece

"Chorong unnie I know that it was hard living with me. Seriously, it was really hard." I nodded while trying my best to hold my tears.

"Thank you for living with me." then she laughed. I don't know but I'm just overjoyed with the fact that Bbom-ah is living with me.

"In the future too..." I can't hold it anymore. "Wait, why are you crying unnie?" As expected, the maknaes immediately checked me out.

"You're crying over that words unnie?" The maknae said. Heol. I know they will tease me.

"Does she gives you a hard time unnie? It seems you're having a hard time living with Bomi unnie" Namjoo added. I see Bomi's worried face and I give her an assurance smile that I'm okay.

"I just want them to know that I'm really thankful to you being the apink's leader. Seriously I'm really really thankful for that." Bbom-ah is not that kind of person who will say something like this to me when we're alone. Rather than words, she would just make me feel that she's thankful.

It's just that day, I can see her sincere eyes. It is because she's really grateful.

"And it's just that I know unnie's heart the most." she paused when she saw my tears continuously falling and when I looked at her again, she's already crying. Yahh this is our concert. You look funny!!

As expected, when Bbom-ah cries, everyone will laugh including the members.

"Unnie, please take care of me in the future too. I love you Unnie."

-----

I chuckled when I remember that day. She's really special. Honestly, I didn't expect that I will cry over that words.

It's just that I realized that time that we are living together and one day. It will end.

One day, we will have our own family and I don't know if we are still promoting as a group that time. So I promised myself that I will cherish every moment I have with my members and pandas.

I suddenly saw the gift's that pandas gave us during the concert only to notice the two fanmade dolls that they said was me. It's really cute. It was personalized that it really looks like a chibi version of me. I wonder why they gave me two.

It's okay if I'll give the other one to Bbom right? I get one of the dolls and went to Bbom's room.

"Bbom-ah" she's lying in bed watching her youtube content. Maybe she's so tired. We have a nonstop schedule beginning im so sick era up to this concert. She looks at me and asked.

"Why unnie? Any problem?" I sit beside her to see that she's watching her prank with Hayoung on her youtube channel.

"Bbom-ah put it there to accompany you to sleep. It was me. A fan gave it to me." I passed her the doll. I explained that the fan gave me two that's why I gave her the other one.

She smiled and hugged the doll "Wahh it's cute. Is it really you? It looks like me?" then she laughed as I hit her shoulder.

"Bbom-ah you look so tired. Maybe you should get some rest. Don't sleep too late." I reminded her as I stand up to go back to my room.

"You too unnie. Please don't stress yourself a lot. Everything will be fine. Will you answer me?" she sang her part in our comeback song and I laughed.

"Eung Eung." while I dance that part.

When Bbomi said that she knows my heart the most. She's not lying.

-----

Members planned to gather for a dinner and drink after. Just to chill.

Eunji said that she wants to gather without any worries and talking with each other like normal people do.

We all agreed to do it in Eunji's apartment so I went there earlier than the other members to cook something delicious for them.

Bbom-ah accompanied Naeun-ah to buy some snacks and drinks. While the two maknaes have an individual schedule today but they will be here. Just a little bit late I think.

Eunji-ah is helping me in the kitchen. It looks like she wanted to ask me something but she hesitates.

"Go on Eunji-ah spill it." I said.
"What?" she asked.

"Looks like you have something to say, but you just keep looking at me then look down. So what it is?." I answered.

"Unnie have you experience losing a bestfriend?" Eunji asked randomly. Seriously, what is wrong with this kid?

"Why? Any plans of leaving?" I glared at her.

"Do you remember the time when Bomi filmed we got married, she looks very happy." she said and I can't help but to look down. Why is she talking so randomly?

"Out of the blue? Why did you say so?" I am curious of what is running on her mind now.

"I checked my instagram, some fans were asking why Naeun-ah and I become tragic. Kekeke." the younger said again, so random.

"Remember when she starts filming we got married? A realization hits me. That one day we have to part ways. And that's normal." she added. I remember when Bbom-ah started to film the same show.

Maybe it's too early for Eunji to realized that but it leads to the latter to be closer to Naeun and cherish every moment that she's with her and with apink.

"I don't know but its just the fact that one day, we will have our own family saddens me. Sometimes I wish that time would stop and let us just enjoy happy moments together." she sighed. I got teary eyed with the same thought.

I don't really like the idea of Bomi's joining we got married but I can't just say it to her and told her not to do it. I may be the leader but I'm always proud of the member's individual activities.

It's just that Bomi always sticks with me since our debut days. Some called us Tom and Jerry or Yin and Yang because we have the opposite personality but manage to get along well.

Bomi had been by my side through ups and downs. She really takes care of me well. Listen to my stories very well. I can't imagine losing her when she find that right guy.

I stopped imagining things when I heard Eunji's cough beside me. Ommo. What to do?

"Ehem. Unnie. Where does your imagination took you." She jokingly said.

"I understand you. It's hard losing a bestfriend just because we find the right one." I said.

"Unnie it's not losing but rather set apart because of taking the next part of our lives." she's now serious.

"I know you're thinking about Bomi, Unnie you were the closest to each other. She makes you clingy to her without cringing. She's the member you are most comfortable with. I just share my worries to you because honestly I'm worried about you too." she continued. I just gave her a confused look.

"You lived together for a long time for apink. Until now, you two are living together on your own. As time passed by you are getting closer. I'm afraid that you both hurt when time comes that you will be dating or getting married." she laughed to hide the awkwardness of the topic.

"It's the time that you will be separated to each other. Unnie. I'm just concern that you two end up hurting each other when that time comes." she looked at me with serious eyes. then she left me dumbfounded.

-----

As the members gathered for dinner. Eunji act like we didn't talk about anything. We got the normal aura which are full of laughs then mocking and dissing each other in all the possible way.

But she always gave me a meaningful look when she caught me clingy to Bbom. I just used to. She's my human shield since day 1.

After that we drink beer and just enjoy the moments. All of us knows our limits and we know that this is not the right time to get wasted so we don't drink much. That's why we end up early.

Bbom and I were on our way home when she said.

"Unnie it is still early, can we go to Han river?... but if you're already tired I can drive you home first." I looked at her confuse. Bomi goes to Han river when she has worries or when she needs time to think. I wonder why she wants to go there now.

"It's okay I want some fresh air too." I smiled assuring her that it's okay.

As we get there we sit on a bench facing the river.

"Is everything fine Bbom ah?" I asked because I'm really worried.

"Of course Unnie. I just want some fresh air and watch people doing things that they normally do." she watched the people when we both glance to a family having a picnic together and someone is taking a picture to them.

We sit in silence while still staring to the family. They looked happy having those bonds.

"Bomi, what do you think will happen if one of the members get married?" I asked her randomly.

"Honestly, I really don't know. But I should be expecting that some things will change." she said still staring to the family.

"If it's you. Then I should find a new apartment." she chuckled but she fix her cap to hide her eyes from me.

"Why? You don't want to stay there when I moved out?" I feel sad to hear her plan.

"That home will be too big for me Unnie. I should find a smaller apartment." she answered.

"I don't want that time to come. Bbomi-ah. The time where we need to take a path which we have a different one to walk into." I mumbled. But I can see that she heard it clearly because she looked down.

"Me too." she whispered. " by the way Unnie what is your favorite performance of me after all that we been through?" she asked randomly. I know that she's just trying to avoid that topic because it makes us sensitive and emotional.

"Hmmmm. You did great to every performance. My favorite is your "Annyeong Goodbye" performance in pink party. You surprised everyone with that song you composed." I said proudly. "what about mine? What's your favorite?" I added.

"Everything." she just said.

"Yahhh choose one."

"Hahaha. You always do y dance on your performance unnie. My favorite is when we suddenly form a sub unit with "I didn't go to school." on pink space I really had fun rehearsing that performance" she recalled.

"For solo. You did well with your recent performance. "Done for me" you succeed in being y and you improve in english unnie" she said proudly.

"But I like it when you compose songs. You are really good. Seriously. Whenever I heard "Lost Piece" I end up teary eyed. You and Namjoo-ah did a great job there." she just keeps on looking at me so I continued.

"But Namjoo-ah once said that she focused on the melody of the song while you focused on writing the lyrics." I'm really curious about this. BnN wrote and composed that song for pandas who left us. Well, that is how they describe the song.

It is their way of thanking them for being part of our family. Even if some left. We value the moments that is cherished together. At least they become part of us. There is no permanent thing in this world. No one sticks on top. We should all understand that.

"Yea Unnie, I wrote it because I thought things will end soon. Honestly, I wrote it when I was very sad and helpless. But want to know a secret unnie?" she uttered. And I looked at her and nodded.

"That song has a secret message. The lyrics may be for our fans who left but the message of the song is directly to someone." she explained.

"And that someone is?". I asked.

"You." and then she looked away.

"Lost piece is about losing your bestfriend because both of you already found someone to be in the future with." she explained. I froze and I was surprised that we had the same thought about the idea of finding the right one.

"The day I filmed we got married. I already overthink the future. I was afraid that time unnie. I'm afraid that one of the members will choose another path. I want us to stay apink forever but that would be impossible. Especially with you Unnie, you're the oldest..." I glared at her. But she just laughed.

"I will be the first person to be happy when you tend to find the right one Unnie. But it also means our bonds and moments will be reduced. It is a matter of priorities. That is why as much as I can I want to cherish every moment I have with you, with apink." she said. My tears are ready to fall and this time I let it.

Now, I know why I always get emotional whenever Bomi mentions something about the future. Because we can't say how big my role into her life plays there. It looks like I'm a main character who becomes a supporting character onwards.

"Unnie." she wiped my tears. "Apink may end in the future but not Apink's friendship. Apink may not exist several years from now but there is still Chorong, Bomi, Eunji , Naeun , Namjoo and Hayoung as friends. Unnie, I sincerely thank you for raising us well. Thank you for owning the pain and stress when it was supposed to be ours. Thank you for taking care of us." she sobbed and both of us are already crying.

"I won't be able to do that without my members. I'm always thankful that you are my members. My members who becomes my family." I am overwhelmed by the fact that my members are thankful that I am their leader.

A delivery man suddenly approach us and gave a cake to Bbom, she thanked the man and payed for the cake. The man left while I am still clueless.

She handed me the cake and when I open the cover.

*Happy Chobom day Unnie! I love you*

"Hahahaha. Our pandas celebrate Chobom's every 3 of the month. I just feel like celebrating it today." she explained.

"Just promise me one thing unnie. We will be best...." she grinned.

"We will be bestfriends forever Bbom-ah we don't need to do a promise." she smiled and she hugged me.

and this time. I feel relieve.

And I'm looking forward to that future with members where we gather together with our husband and children.

"I want to request for one thing Bbom-ah."

"What is it." she looked at me confusely.

"Can you sing lost piece for me? I might listen to it a little different now since there is another meaning." I teased.

She get her earphones and put one on my right ear then she put the other on her left ear. Then the instrumental melody of lost piece starts to play.

Woo, yeah

Heaven, heaven,
You’re my heaven
Again today, I close my eyes
I’m still in the times
When we dreamed together

(I still) live in that breath
I miss you as I fall asleep


Her voice fits well on ballad. It has the ability to make the listener hurt just by listening to her.

How are you
My love, my lost piece
When I cry and get exhausted because I miss you
I wait for you
In your empty spot oh, no
Yeah


It feels like it is directly for the one who listens. I get teary eyed again.

In the frozen time
I feel empty, my heart for you
We were so happy we could fly
Your smile that embraced me

(Are you still) smiling just like back then?
Even without me?


No, I'm sure I won't be able to smile if I lost you. Besides I won't lose you. I'll make sure of it.

How are you
My love, my lost piece
When I cry and get exhausted because I miss you
I wait for you
In your empty spot oh, no

As I see my tears that still fall
I still regret that moment
You are fading away
I’m afraid I won’t remember anymore


We will not forget each other no matter what happen. We are not allowed to.


Hello my love, how have you been?
Will we ever meet again?
In the place we used to walk hand in hand
If I coincidentally see you oh, oh

I’m missing you, you know
I will run to you
To find the lost pieces
The dream-like love that we will start again
Will you hold it again?

Again tonight, my pray for you
I miss you, my love


Bomi's high note. I'm always be proud of that. She improved so much. The lyrics, now I understand. Don't worry we won't end up being strangers but bestfriends for life.

I silently clapped when she finished her song. It was beautifully sang.

"Thank you." I said

"Don't mention it unnie, It's just a song."

"No, thank you for everything. Let's do well in the future and stay together for a long time." I smiled

"Yah Unnie don't make me cry again. I promised to work harder in the future"

"Shall we go home then?" it's getting late so I asked her.

"Yes Unnie. I'm relieve now. I am already looking forward to eat this cake at home kekeke" she chuckled.

And that moment. I want to cherish every moment I have not only with Bomi but each of the Apink members.

Who are we?!!!
Apink!!!
Where are we?!!
The place we always dreamed of!!!

-End-