Final

Bestfriend? Nope, Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo stood in front of the school's notice board right after arriving the school. There were a huge crowd standing and checking which class they were on. Myungsoo was barely able to get inside of the crowd to take a peek at the notice board.

He started scanning the board, trying to find his name. As he was scanning his name, other students noticed him. He was already quite popular in the school, because of his good looks. Many students wanted to be friends with him. But for Myungsoo, he tried to stay away from as much people as possible. He had only a few friends and among them, he had one best friend who studied with him since middle school.

"Ohayo!!" Myungsoo's loud best friend finally arrived, he turned around to see Sungyeol looking at him from his behind.

Myungsoo smiled and waved at him. Sungyeol also got through the crowd and stood beside Myungsoo before saying, "Did you find your class yet?"

Myungsoo shook his head, "I just started to check."

They both started to check the list together. The crowded place started to get empty as the students started to walk according to their classes.

"Here's your name," Sungyeol pointed out seeing 'Kim Myungsoo' written on the board.

Myungsoo nodded but he still didn't stop scanning the names. He was looking for Sungyeol's name, he found it around where his name was then he realized something, "Oh this means...."

Sungyeol also found his name by then, "This means we're in the same class this year!"

Sungyeol and Myungsoo jumped together excitedly, high-fiving each other. "We're finally in the same class this year!" Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo was happy to have Sungyeol in his class. They were in the same class in middle school, they became bestfriends then. But after coming to high school, they were separated for the first year. So, seeing their names together in the same class made them beyond happy.

"Let's go to the class now," Myungsoo said realizing their class will start any minute soon.

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol entered the class with a bit curiosity about who'd be together with them for this year. They saw the class almost filled up with students. Between all the students, Myunsoo easily spotted his one close friend who noticed him too and kept waving his both hands from left to right.

Myungsoo laughed, what is he doing? But looked beside him and saw Sungyeol also imitating him.

"I saw your names on the board," he came forward while talking, "Come here fast, I reserved two seats for you."

They nodded and started to go at the back of the class. "It's good that I'm with Woohyun this year too," Myungsoo said.

"What about me? I'm here too this year!" Sungyeol complained making Myungsoo laugh.

When they finally reached where Woohyun indicated them to seat, they saw two really small plushies sitting on two chairs. Myungsoo looked at those, "Are these yours? Why did you put it here?"

"To reserve seats for you!" Woohyun said cheerfully, "They wanted to seat here but I shooed them away," Woohyun said catching two girls attention.

The two girls scoffed and looked away immediately, Myungsoo guessed that those two girls were probably the one who were chased away by Woohyun.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol took the two stuff toys, they handed it to Woohyun but Woohyun shook his head, "It's for you!"

"Thanks..." Myungsoo looked at the stuff toy, it was a giraffe. He looked at the one Sungyeol was holding and it was something he'd like to keep, "It's a kitty! Give me that one!!" Myungsoo said trying to reach over the plushie Sungyeol was holding. 

Sungyeol moved his hand immediately, he moved it in a distance so that Myungsoo won't be able to catch it. Myungsoo pretended to be angry making a grumpy face, "You'd give that to me later anyway."

"I will, let me see it first."

"See this one," Myungsoo handed Sungyeol the giraffe plushie. While Sungyeol was looking at it, Myungsoo took the chance to snatch away the soft toy from Sungyeol.

"Did you guys start to play with it already?" Woohyun asked seeing the two holding the stuff toys.

Myungsoo smiled holding the plushie he wanted, "We're not playing but this is so cute. Thank you, Woohyun-ah."

Woohyun was happy to hear Myungsoo.

While the three were talking with each other, the other students eyed Myungsoo who was actually laughing loudly. They never get to see this side of him if he's alone without his close friends.

--

"But it's sad how I'm not with Sunggyu this year!" Woohyun sulked.

Sunggyu chewed the orange he had brought from home, "Why are Myungsoo and Sungyeol together but not me and you?" Sunggyu said looking at Woohyun.

"We weren't together last year!" Sungyeol complained as Myungsoo nodded at him.

"Besides, I was always your thirdwheel in the class...." Myungsoo said slowly sipping his drink.

"Myungsoo," a voice suddenly called the boy who was busy drinking Sungyeol's coffee, "Would you mind to give me some minutes to talk?" he pleaded.

Myungsoo couldn't refuse, he stood up to hear what he had to say, "I'll be back," he said looking at his friends sitting there.

With that, Myungsoo went somewhere with the boy. Sungyeol just watched him going away without saying anything.

"He's here to steal Myungsoo from you," Woohyun said smirking, looking at Sungyeol.

"Steal?" Sungyeol didn't understand what Woohyun at first.

"What else then? You need to hurry before anyone takes him away," Sunggyu joined teasing Sungyeol with Woohyun, but he maintained to keep a straight face without laughing or smiling. 

Sungyeol got a hint of what his friends tried to meant, he still decided to act clueless because it rather was embarrassing for him to talk about, "What are you saying...."

"You know what we're talking about," Woohyun said making Sungyeol surprised with his serious tone, "You don't really like each other? You can just start dating him."

Sungyeol laughed, "There's nothing like that between us! We're just bestfriends who know each other really well-" Sungyeol was cut off when his phone rang.

He immediately answered the phone seeing the caller ID, "Hello? Yeah, Myungsoo," he paused before continuing again, "Okay, I'm coming."

Sungyeol stood up, "I'll be back soon." He left without giving anyone a chance to ask where he was going.

"I thought they really like each other," Sunggyu said as he saw Sungyeol leaving.

"Literally everyone thought that," Woohyun replied, "No one would be even surprised if they suddenly start to date each other."

"Guess that's not happening anymore."

"Wait, it can still happen. They're just still in their 'friendship' stage, wait until they develop feelings for each other."

"Sungyeol didn't look like to do something like that anyway," Sunggyu shrugged.

"That means Myungsoo will take the first step!" Woohyun said suddenly. He really shipped those two close friends of him.

Sunggyu shrugged, "Who knows?"

"Hey, wanna bet if they're gonna be a couple a not?" Woohyun said getting near Sunggyu.

"No."

"But why~" Woohyun whined just to be left alone by the latter. He sulked seeing Sunggyu walking away from the place, "So mean~~" he sulked before following him.

--

Sungyeol rolled his eyes seeing the boy talking with Myungsoo nonstop. Though it was true that they're talking about something important, about the upcoming soccer match, if he wanted to participate in it, Myungsoo earlier called Sungyeol because of this too. Myungsoo wanted to know if his bestfriend wanted take part in it but Sungyeol refused it anyway.

"Finally done?" Sungyeol eyed Myungsoo standing beside him who just finished talking, "I thought you won't take part in it."

"I won't. I was asking for more information because of Woohyun. 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes without saying anything.

Myungsoo laughed, "Are you jealous? What are you? My boyfriend?"

Sungyeol laughed inside his mind, boyfriend huh? Doesn't seem bad.

Wait-

LEE SUNGYEOL WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! SNAP OUT OF IT!!

Myungsoo noticed the troubled expression of Sungyeol after he said that. He wasn't sure if joking about something like that was right, "Hey, what are you thinking? I was just-"

"Nothing!" Sungyeol laughed, "Let's go," Sungyeol marched off to no one knew where. Myungsoo smiled in relief that Sungyeol didn't mind about it. 

Although he wished it wasn't just a joke.

--

Sungyeol rolled over his bed, not being able to sleep. Thoughts of Myungsoo surrounded him. He took his phone to do something as he got bored staring at the ceiling in the dark.

He didn't have anything special to do in his phone too. He scrolled around randomly in his sns account. His eyes suddenly found something interesting, This is the manga Myungsoo wanted to buy. He sat up straight on his bed. Observing a bit more he found out that the manga was still available for online purchase.

Without thinking much anymore, he placed an order for it, to gift it to the boy who looked depressed over the sold out edition. He's going to be so happy, he tried to sleep again after laying down and thinking about random stuffs.

His room's door creaked open suddenly, making him startled. "Are you awake, son?"

Sungyeol sat up again hearing his father's voice, "Yeah, anything wrong?" Sungyeol was concerned seeing his father at this late hour in his room.

"I forgot to tell you something," Sungyeol's father said sitting on the edge of the bed, "Do you have anything important in school tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" Sungyeol tried to remember, "Not really, why?"

"We decided to go to your grandma's place. She wanted to see us. But we'll be back before evening."

Sungyeol nodded. It was sudden but he agreed anyway. He didn't get to visit to his grandma's place for a quite while. "Let's go tomorrow then."

Sungyeol's father smiled and left the room. Sungyeol again rolled over his bed.

I won't be able to see Myungsoo tomorrow, better let him know about it too. 

Sungyeol smiled by himself realizing whenever something happened, he thought of Myungsoo immediately. He suddenly remembered the conversation he had with Woohyun and Sunggyu in school.

It's not a bad idea, he thought before drifting off to sleep without even informing Myungsoo. 

--

"Why are you sulking at the early morning?" Woohyun asked noticing his friend's expression.

"When did I sulk?" Myungsoo sulked more.

"You're doing it right now. Let me guess," Woohyun looked around the class, "Lee Sungyeol didn’t come yet, right?"

Myungsoo was caught off guard at how Woohyun guessed it right, "What do you mean? It's nothing like that...." he looked away.

Weird. Myungsoo thought. Sungyeol would come early usually. He was wondering what made him late today. The class was about to start too. 

As he was thinking, the teacher entered too. Myungsoo sighed and decided to focus on the class for now.

--

Woohyun laughed silently seeing a soulless Myungsoo wandering around, trying to get something to eat, "Look at him, being an idiot."

Sunggyu looked up to see Myungsoo staring at the food counter, "Why didn't Sungyeol come today?"

"He texted me saying that he was going to his grandma's place, sudden plan it was. He told Myungsoo about it after two hours of classes."

"They're frustrating," Sunggyu said taking the chopsticks again to continue eating. 

Woohyun nodded. It indeed was true. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were close enough to start to date already. But the 'Bestfriend barrier' didn't make anything happen.

The wandering Myungsoo finally stopped in front of Woohyun and Sunggyu's table.

"Did you get any food?" Woohyun asked looking at Myungsoo.

"Yeah," Myungsoo showed a bread he was holding. He sat down beside them and started to eat. 

"Cheer up, friend. Sungyeol will come to school again tomorrow y'know," Woohyun said nonchalantly. 

Myungsoo scoffed, but decided not to fight back with that. He decided to focus on his food.

--

Myungsoo entered the school with excitement. He walked to the school building where Sungyeol was waiting for him. Sungyeol reached the school faster than Myungsoo that day, he decided to wait for Myungsoo to go to the class together and left a message. 

Myungsoo found his bestfriend leaning over a wall, busy on his phone. He was about to call him to get his attention but he suddenly felt a grip on his hand. He looked at the person to see who i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter