In the Heat of the Moment- Unreleased Chapter: The Best Gifts

VentuStella

For the previews I will be using the members real names. But in the actual book, they will be changed.

 

———————————

 

 

Baekhyun stopped working for a moment to yawn, covering his mouth with his hand. He shook his head to wake himself up a little before continuing to make the children’s beds, tucking in the blankets carefully.

“Mommy.” He suddenly heard Sirius’s voice behind him, a sad pout in his voice, “Selene won’t share, she’s hogging all the baby kittens.”

Baekhyun turned to look at Sirius, continuing to smooth out the sheets with his hands. This wasn’t the first time Selene had done this, and Baekhyun wasn’t looking forward to dealing with it again. 

For Christmas, Sehun and Baekhyun had gotten their children a large dollhouse, at least the ones who enjoyed playing house. They were getting a little old to keep playing with their baby dolls, and a dollhouse was something they had expressed very much interest in. Instead of human figures, Sehun and Baekhyun had purchased little animal toys to go inside the house, a collection of cats and wolves (which of course got mixed together.) However, Selene had the habit of robbing all the kittens for herself, since she felt like she was the most cat like and deserved to have them.

“Ok, I’ll come talk to her. Just let me finish this.” Baekhyun answered with a sigh.

Sirius nodded, the upset look on his face already disappearing. He ran out of the room, going back to the the playroom across the hall. Now that Sete was old enough to wander around the house, it was difficult for Sehun and Baekhyun to keep him from destroying any toys laying around. So they made a playroom, the only room Sete wasn’t allowed to go in.

Once he was finished making the beds, Baekhyun went to go talk to Selene. It didn’t take long to persuade her to share, the threat that she wouldn’t be allowed to play unless she shared was more than enough to change her mind. After fixing their little dilemma, Baekhyun went to go find Sehun, knowing that he was feeding Sete at the moment.

Sehun looked up with a smile when he noticed Baekhyun approaching him. Sete was wrapped up in a blanket on Sehun’s lap, a bottle in the baby’s mouth, gulping sounds escaping his lips as he drank quickly. It was almost time to transition him to solid food, his ability to drink the milk so well showed that he was getting capable of eating on his own.

Baekhyun sat down next to them, staring adoringly at their baby for a moment before sinking back to relax on the couch and letting out a quiet sigh.

“Tired?” Sehun asked, his hands too full to reach over and hold Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded, closing his eyes. It had been a long day, and he couldn’t wait to go to bed. Sehun stared at him with affectionate concern on his face, realizing it had been a long time since either of them had a break.

 

———————————

 

“Mommy look!” Baekhyun heard the children giggling at the table in the other room as he wiped off the counter in the kitchen.

Baekhyun popped his head out, a little concerned why his children were laughing. Although he figured it was something they found humorous about the food they were eating.

“He’s begging!” The children kept giggling as they stared down at their baby brother in his play pen.

Sete’s eyebrows were raised a little, adding to the already pathetic look in his eyes. He let out a few small whines, trying his best to get his siblings attention. Baekhyun smiled, finding the behavior to be quite adorable. Cats never begged like that, it was most definitely a trait from his father. He had already had his bottle that morning too, but the smell of pancakes was just too tempting.

Sehun came out just in time to witness the spectacle as well, and laughed lightly at their tiny baby. Picking him up in his arms, Sehun reached for a small bite of pancake off Fenrir’s plate, feeding it to Sete. Sete eagerly snapped it out of Sehun’s hand, finishing it in one bite.

Baekhyun looked over at the clock, noticing it was only a few more minutes before he needed to take the kids to school. Urging his children to finish their breakfast, he began to gather their backpacks. Sehun helped him, making sure to grab their lunch bags as well.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, and Baekhyun went over to it curiously, wondering who it might be. After opening the door, he was greeted with Yixing and Junmyeon smiling at him.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” Baekhyun smiled. 

“Sehun didn’t tell you yet?” They asked with a laugh.

Baekhyun turned to look at Sehun for an answer, who was already coming towards him with a smirk. Wrapping his arms around Baekhyun from behind, Sehun sunk his head down to speak quietly in Baekhyun’s ear.

“They’re going to bring the kids to school and take care of them this weekend. Sete too.”

“What? Really?!” Baekhyun replied, looking at Yixing and Junmyeon with gratitude.

They both nodded, still smiling at him. The children quickly came running up, excited to see Yixing and Junmyeon. They already knew about the arrangement, and had been looking forward to sleeping over at Yixing and Junmyeon’s house.

After a quick greeting, the children embraced their parents, saying goodbye to them. They were so excited for their weekend that parting wasn’t too hard for them, and a few kisses was all they needed before they joined Yixing and Junmyeon outside. Sehun quickly went to grab the bags he had prepared, full of changes of clothes and bottles of milk for Sete.

Baekhyun kissed and snuggled their baby before handing him to Junmyeon, a little reluctant to let him go so suddenly. Junmyeon assured they would take good care of them all, just like they always did. With a wave goodbye, the children ran off to the car, quickly getting situated inside. Baekhyun watched them all with a smile, continuing to wave until they had driven off.

Once they were gone, Baekhyun turned to look at Sehun with a smirk, “When did you prepare all this?”

Sehun came close to Baekhyun to hug him from behind again, rocking him slightly in his arms back and forth as he spoke, “A while ago. You’ve been so tired lately, my little kitty needs a break. You’re such an amazing mommy, you deserve it.”

Baekhyun smiled as he closed his eyes, relaxing against Sehun’s body. He raised his hands to hold onto Sehun’s, rocking with Sehun as he enjoyed their embrace. Sehun began to place gentle kisses on his neck, trailing up until he got close to whisper in Baekhyun’s ear.

“Come on, I made a bath for us when you were making breakfast.”

Baekhyun made a relaxing moan, caressing Sehun’s hands, “That sounds amazing.”

Sehun leaned over to grab Baekhyun’s legs, picking him up bridal style in his arms. Baekhyun giggled, loving being carried around by his strong husband. Sehun gave him an affectionate kiss before he started to make his way to the bathroom.

The moment they entered the room Baekhyun was greeted with the wonderful aroma of a bath bomb. He stared at the tub filled with bubbles, excited to sink into the warm water.

Gently placing Baekhyun down again, Sehun gave Baekhyun another tender kiss. Baekhyun bit down on his lip with a giddy expression, Sehun’s lips continuing to place gentle kisses on his skin as his hands wandered to start removing Baekhyun’s clothes. Baekhyun raised his arms, allowing Sehun to pull off his shirt, Sehun’s lips moving down to kiss Baekhyun’s body as he slowly revealed his skin. Baekhyun closed his eyes, breathing heavily as he enjoyed the feeling of being lathered with Sehun’s affection. Sehun’s hands wandered down to take off his pants and underwear with one movement, simultaneously dropping them to the floor. Kissing Baekhyun’s body for a moment more, Sehun caressed his lover’s skin, reaching down to grab onto his and pick him up. Baekhyun wrapped his arms and legs around him, loosely latching onto Sehun as he carried him over to the tub. Sehun carefully lowered Baekhyun into the bath, the hot water shocking Baekhyun’s skin for a moment before he adjusted to the temperature.

Baekhyun smiled up at his husband, staying sitting up as he waited for Sehun to join him. Sehun begin stripping as well, not spending long ripping off his clothes. He stepped into the water behind Baekhyun, sitting down as Baekhyun already began to scoot back and rest against him. Sehun wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, adjusting Baekhyun’s head on his chest to the most comfortable position. They both closed their eyes, fully relaxing their bodies in the comfort of the warm water.

“Just for the weekend?” Baekhyun eventually asked, taking a long relaxing breath.

Sehun laughed, moving his hands to start massaging Baekhyun’s arms lightly, “If I asked for longer I knew we’d just worry about our babies the whole time.”

Baekhyun nodded, smiling softly, “That’s very true, we would. A weekend is enough.”

Sehun kissed Baekhyun’s cheek, continuing to gently massage Baekhyun, moving to his shoulders. Baekhyun sighed slowly, relaxing more and more from Sehun’s touch. He really loved being a parent, but it had been too long since he enjoyed some alone time at home with Sehun like this. It was different than traveling together, more relaxing. Sometimes, being at home was the best vacation, and Baekhyun was extremely excited for it.

He had been saving a little treat for Sehun himself, and decided not to wait until his next heat to share it. After all, he was worried Sehun might find it in the closet and spoil his surprise.