Final

The Truth Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Truth Untold

[2 days ago]

Dark clouds were covering the once blue sky bringing an unsettling, gut wrenching feeling of sadness, along with every droplet of water that was brutally falling on the ground. Staring aimlessly out of her window with the music blasting loudly in her ears, Nara let the tears roll down her cheeks. Her breathing was uneven and shaky, her body trembling as she hugged her legs and let her emotions get the best of her – she had to let it all out.

It was never easy to hear the truth. Yet it was harder to face the reality that the truth held within itself.

It was too late…


***
 

Nara’s story goes back to that faithful first day of pre-school when one, slightly taller than her, bully pulled on her pig-tails as she was playing with some of her newfound girl-friends and their dolls. Unlike a typical cliché story about a little boy who pulled on a girl’s pigtails and then she went to her teacher as she cried, this story at the end turned out to be about a small girl that defended herself and got back at the boy by hiding his favorite car a couple of days later, then the cliché happened and within a week the two were inseparable, yet since very young age with a tendency to bicker over the smallest thing. Their friendship was real and raw from its very beginning and it grew into what we would all call “friendship goals” – if we have to use modern ways of expression. They pushed each other’s limits, drove the other one crazy and yet the love they felt was so unconditional and pure. Many would ask them if they were dating and when they’d answer with “NO” people would look at them in disbelief and laugh saying that sooner or later one would fall for the other – that it was inevitable. Neither of them believed and always had a good laugh over the topic. It seemed ridiculous and again – too cliché. A boy and a girl, two best friends since childhood, falling in love, like it happened in those cheesy romantic movies. That was so predictable. So cliché. And so not going to happen. Right?

Years passed by and Nara and Jung Kook remained as close and crazy as when they were kids. Though the support they had for one another, the bond they shared was so unbreakable, it was one that you could easily be jealous of. They went through many ups and downs together and high school wasn’t easy on either of them. Each of them experienced their first big heartbreak and the other one was always there, ready to wipe of the tears and do everything in their power to brighten up the mood. It was so simple and easy. Life was great. It was so carefree and it felt like nothing could ruin it, like everything was just getting better, but of course, like in every book and like in every movie there was more of the story to be unveiled. And now the story of Nara and Jung Kook was about to unfold.


***
 

[+2 years ago]

It was a very gloomy and rainy day in late-summer, which ironically enough was fitting the mood perfectly. Nara and Jung Kook were sitting on those uncomfortable metal stools at the airport, her head laying on his shoulder, his hand falling freely behind her, hugging her slightly, and both holding back the tears.

Today was the day that Nara was leaving for college abroad, she still had about a month before her lectures actually started, but she had decided to go there before hand to get to know the place a little better. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but now that the day was here she wished she could stay at home, where she knew everything, where her friends and family were, where Jung Kook was. She couldn’t even imagine a day without seeing him and now she was most probably not going to see him for months, or maybe even a year or two. The tickets were very expensive and she had to work all summer to save up, but it was worth it. She was going to come back as an educated young woman, someone her parents could be proud of. A best friend he could be proud of.

“Don’t forget about me when you get there okay?” Jung Kook said as they were standing by the gate, she was supposed to part in 30 minutes. “The role of a best friend is taken by me only-“ he put her hair behind her ear and continued “I would haunt you down if you dare give that title to anyone else, you get me?” he chuckled as he bit down the tears that were threating to fall.

“I promise.” Nara nodded and hugged him tightly, burying her face in his chest and inhaling his cologne.

“By the way, I’m working on a little present for you, but you will get that when you come back. Let’s say it’s a promise that you will come back, shall we?!” she nodded and he heaved a sign.

“I love you.” He whispered as he kissed her on the forehead before she slipped out of his grip and headed towards the exit, not before whispering “I love you too.” back to him.

This was the last time she saw him.


***
 

[A few days earlier]

It’s been two years now since the last time she saw Jung Kook, for about a year and a half they were talking on the phone pretty much on daily basis, with either of them telling new stories or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter