The Stubble Guy & The Panic Girl

Jenkai Drabbles

Every month at 26th is scheduled as Jennie’s Monthly Grocery Shopping. Since she lives alone, the things she buys is not that much. The store at 1pm is pretty much quiet with only few customers and some staffs walking here and there, that’s why when someone  enter the store it’s a mandatory for Jennie to look at the entrance. She saw a guy. He’s tall, has a lean body, probably hasn’t shave in a week judging by the stubble, and he looks kinda messy and dead inside. She observed the guy so much that the guy turned his head to her and gave her a tight awkward smiles. Jennie returns the smile just as awkward and walk away with her cart to another isle. she hopes she didn’t look like an awkward penguin while walking away though.

 

15 minutes passed and she has done with her groceries shopping. She walked out from the store to the parking lot with a handful of her groceries bag. After awhile, she looks back since she felt someone also walking behind her and she realized it’s the stubble guy she saw earlier. She paid no attention and keep walking but... The guy keep following her. She felt a little panic (okay, it’s not a little actually) and walk faster. Since she was  in her panic mode, she felt the guy also walk faster! She took out her car key harshly from her jeans pocket, and try to install her key to the car but it’s not working. ‘Holy . Really now?!’ She keeps (frantically) trying as the guy keep walking closer to her. It’s still not working, at this point she knew it’s hopeless and the news about her going missing gonna be on the news tomorrow. 

 

“What’s your problem?! Why did you keep following me?!” She dropped her groceries bag with her back pressed to the car. Eyes looking scared and her body trembling.

The guy step back immediately and raised his hands up following with small plastic dangling on his finger, 

“I.... I’m sorry for making you uncomfortable, but that’s my car you’re trying to hook...” He said apologetically, his voice shaking. The guy probably felt panic even though it’s not as bad as Jennie’s.

Mouth agape upon hearing that, she immediately turns her body, checking out if the things inside the said car is the same with her actual car by peeking from the car window. And.... Crap. It is really not her car. She has cute dog figure hanging on her rearview mirror meanwhile this car looking neat and bare.

She turns back her body slowly, 

“So this is why my key didn’t work.....” She mumbles, voice almost can’t be heard. 

“Yes.... I assume your car is parked there.” He pointed out the opposite way with his chin, and handed Jennie her shopping bag. He probably picked it up while she was checking the car.

 

“I-i’m so sorry.” Embarrassed with the event, she apologized and took her groceries bag from him. “Thank you....” She said with cheeks especially as red as tomato and eyes looking down. When  she heard no reply from the latter she slowly looking up at him and their eyes met. It’s definitely an awkward and embarrassing encounter. After  15 seconds passed the guy laughed wholeheartedly, head thrown to the back a little and one hand pressed to his stomach. It’s such pain in the that the guy were laughing over her misery but she can’t help but laugh along with him. How  can she not laugh? This  guy’s laugh is contagious. “I’m sorry for laughing. It’s  just... So awkward and funny at the same time.” He said after his laughed died down but a friendly smile attached on his lips as he looked at her. Jennie copied his smile and shrugs, 

“It’s really embarrassing, but it’s funny indeed.”

“Jongin.” the stubble guy offered his hand, 

“Jennie.” and the girl took his hand and shake it gently.