Legilimency

Legilimency

 

Changmin was waiting impatiently in front of his classroom as older students were flowing out, chatting and laughing. The Battle of Hogwarts and the devastation were long forgotten. The students didn’t know the terror the Dark Lord brought into the Wizarding Worlds. For them, it was only another chapter in ‘Hogwarts: A History’.

Changmin couldn’t wait for this specific class to begin. The famous Auror Harry Potter was invited by the Headmistress McGonagall to give a small lecture about Legilimency and Occlumency. The subject was not generally taught at Hogwarts, considering that it was an invasion of privacy. But from time to time, they would have a short session about it.

As he was about to step into the classroom, someone walked up to him. Surprised to see Yunho in his Gryffindor robes, he asked. “What are you doing here?”

“Potion class is cancelled. They told us to come here instead.” Yunho explained, looking around, eyes searching for a raven-haired student. “Where are the Slytherins? I thought they are sharing the classroom with Ravenclaws for Defence against the Dark Arts.”

Changmin groaned in annoyance and walked away. Just then, a group of snickering students arrived, pushing other students out of their way. Clasped in their green and silver colours, they imposed their presence down the hall and inside the classroom.

Yunho and Changmin made their way inside, keeping their distance from the Slytherins. They sat down at the wooden desks, parchemins and quills out.

The first part of the lecture was so boring. Yunho almost dozed off, but things got interesting when the students were paired together to practice the new spells in the safe environment of their classroom. Feeling a little giddy, Yunho turned toward the group of Slytherins.

“Say Kim, wanna be my partner?” He shouted above the general excitement of the students.

“Oh off, Jung!” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and slumped back into his chair. “I already have a partner.”

At that, the group of Slytherins around Jaejoong laughed and threw dirty glances toward Yunho. A girl leaned toward Jaejoong and whispered some words in his ears. He smirked, but said nothing in return.

Changmin grabbed the back of Yunho’s robe and tugged him back into his chair. “Can you not be desperate? It’s lame.”

“And you’re too much of a nerd to know.” Yunho smiled. He saw the rosy colour tinting Jaejoong’s pale cheeks. It was too subtle for other people to notice, but he knew better than to miss such subtil reactions. “Whatever, just think about something interesting, I’ll go first.”

Changmin closed his eyes and started to think about something happy, about the lunch buffet he couldn’t wait to eat. The long tables in the Great Hall filled with all kind of delicacies. The images in his mind was so vivd that he his lips, nearly drooling all over himself.

Legilimens,” Yunho murmured, pointing his wand toward Changmin’s face.

Yunho felt like he was zooming toward Changmin’s mind. Everything turned back before clearing again. The Great Hall spread through the darkness and formed around him. The smell of food tickled his nostrils as if the scent was actually floating in the air. When Changmin shook his thoughts away, Yunho zoomed back out of the image created.

“What did you see?” Changmin asked with eagerly. Excitement pumping through his veins.

“Typical you. You only care about food...” Yunho chuckled and put his wand back inside his robe. Unconsciously, his eyes drifted toward the raven-haired student before snapping back to Changmin. “Ok, your turn.”

Yunho poundered for a long time about what kind of thought he wished to summon. His eyes once again wandered toward Jaejoong. Only this time, their eyes met briefly and a mischievous smile lighted up his face.

Jaejoong did not like that smile at all. It irked him the wrong way and made him felt self-conscious. Absently, he rubbed the junction between his neck and shoulder. A shudder creeped up his spin. He sat up straighter in his chair and reached for his wand.

“Are you ready?” he asked his partner without looking away from Yunho.

“Yes,” BoA answered back, but she knew she lost his focus long time ago. “You know, if you wanted to partner up with him, you should have agreed when he asked. Staring at him like a vicious snake will not help.”

Jaejoong clicked his tongue, ignoring the comment. He raised his wand and casted the spell. Only his wand wasn’t pointed at BoA. His spell was casted toward Yunho as he got into the other student’s mind. He found himself in a ill-lighted room that he immediately recognized. It was the girls’ bathroom on the second floor, better known as Myrtle’s bathroom.

A banging sound from the end of the stalls nearly scared Jaejoong jump out of his skin. Slowly and silently, he stalked toward the source of the noise. Something didn’t seemed right. He peeked inside the last stall and his jaw dropped to the ground.

He saw himself, pinned to the wooden board by strong hands. Bow-shaped lips devouring his mouth with such intensity that he could feel the kiss resonating in his own body. A moan left his mouth or was it from the illusion of himself, he wasn’t sure.

He blinked, wanting to erase the image unfolding in front of his eyes. This couldn’t be what Yunho was thinking, right? Then, it meant Shim also saw it! Flustered, Jaejoong jumped out of his seat, sending his chair to the floor. All the students turned toward him. Heat raised from his neck up to the point of his ears. His mouth was suddenly dry, unable to form proper words.

Under the heavy eyes of the students, the professor and the Auror master, he mumbled an excuse about needing to use the bathroom.

“Mister Kim, you don’t look so well. Are you feverish?” Headmistress McGonagall said in concern. She scanned the room and her gaze landed on the first Gryffindor student she saw. “Mister Jung, please Mister Kim to the Hospital wing. And have Madam Pomfrey fix him a potion.”

“Yes, Professor. Immediately” Yunho stood up like a civil student and follow Jaejoong out of the classroom.

Contrary to Jaejoong, Changmin’s face had long lost all its colours. He swallowed hard and carefully settled his wand on the desk with trembling fingers. He took mental note to search for that Forgetfulness Charm in the library. He crossed his fingers in hope that he wouldn’t need to break into the Restricted Section to find the much needed spell.

*

Jaejoong held his burning cheeks between his palms, trying to remain calm. Out of all the things he expected to see in Yunho’s mind, this kiss was the last of them all. He pushed open the door leading to the bathroom. He rushed to the sinks and started splashing cold water on his face.

When he looked up at his reflections, he realised that he wasn’t where he should be. Somehow, his feet had carried him to Myrtle’s bathroom. He spun around when he heard someone coming in behind him. His fingers grasped hard on the edge of the sink, his knuckles turning white.

“You know, it’s very ill-mannered to peek into someone else’s mind without their consent.” Yunho leaned against the door frame. A knowing smirk lingered on his lips. His eyes fixed so intensely on Jaejoong’s face that the raven-haired boy feel the redness returning to his cheeks.

“ off. Jung.” Jaejoong said in exasperation.

“Drop the act already, Kim. There’s only the two of us here.” Yunho pushed himself off the wall. He approached the other student with determined steps.

Jaejoong took a step back, but he had nowhere to go. The hard edge of the sink dug into his hips as he tilted his head back a little to meet Yunho’s eyes. He could feel the warm breath brushing against his lips. He unconsciously bit down on them to stop them from quivering in need.

Having spending months after months leaning about Jaejoong’s body language, Yunho chuckled. He cupped Jaejoong’s chin and leaned down, giving the other boy what he had been silently asking. Just as their lips were about to meet, the Slytherin student jerked his head sideway.

Yunho stood there, frozen in surprise by the refusal for long seconds. He held Jaejoong by the waist and pulled him closer. He smoothed a hand through the black hair. “What’s wrong?” he asked, voice laced with concern.

“I thought we agreed to keep our relationship secret.”

“And I didn’t tell anyone-” Yunho frowned and realized what the other student was referring to. “Oh…”

“Oh? That’s all you have to say?” Jaejoong pushed Yunho hard on the chest, making the tall boy stumble back. “We were kissing. I saw it and pretty sure Shim saw the same thing.”

“Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing? The whole school know that I have a gigantic crush on you since the Sorting Ceremony.”

“He saw us kissing!” Jaejoong stomped down the bathroom stalls.

“In my head. Like a fantasy.” Yunho shouted back in frustration and followed Jaejoong. “Beside, you’re the one who wanted to keep this secret. Do you know how torturous is it to see you, but not being able to approach you?”

Jaejoong turned to his boyfriend. His expression softened a little. He was about to answer when Yunho asked his next question. Jaejoong couldn’t stop himself from flinching as if Yunho just physically hit him instead.

“Are you ashamed of me?” The Gryffindor student asked. His eyes fixed on Jaejoong, scrutinizing his expression for any insincerity. “You can tell me. I totally understand. A mudblood will never be a good match for a pure-blood wizard like you.”

Jaejoong’s anger scrambled to dust. He wished to keep their relationship secret because he was trying to avoid the constant teasing and taunting for his friends. It had never been his intention to belittle Yunho’s worth as a wizard and a human-being.

He took a tentative step toward Yunho, extending a hand for him to accept. When Yunho did not accept it, Jaejoong dropped the hand to his side, sadness and disappointment shone in his eyes. “You’re one of the most brilliant wizards I know. Smart and quick learner, even though you’re a bit lazy at time,” he chuckled soft. “And I couldn’t care any lesser that you’re Muggle-born because I like you.”

Yunho’s shoulders dropped. Jaejoong’s words brought a wave of reassurance to sooth his unsecurity. He hate to admit it, but only Jaejoong could make feel so unworthy and little in this world.

“I’m sorry for overreacting.” Jaejoong apologized between a tender peck on the cheek and a loving kiss on the lips.

“And I’m sorry for doubting you.”

“Got any plans for Christmas?” Jaejoong pulled away from Yunho, very eager to change the subject and forget their little fight. “My parents had been running my ears about having you over for the holidays.”

Yunho’s jaw dropped open. His brain highwired as he processed the question in loop. He could hardly believe his ears. “Hmm. N- none that I know off,” he stammered.

“Great! It’s settled then,” Jaejoong said gleefully. “Let me send mom an owl before she pesters me again or worst, sends me a howler.”

He turned to walk away but Yunho tugged him back by the wrist, stumbling against the Gryffindor student. “Not so fast,” Yunho whispered and captured the rosy lips in another kiss.

Somewhere close by, they heard water splashing on the floor. A high-pitched laughter echoed against the walls of the empty bathroom. The creepy giggles made them both shudder.

“Myrtle, some privacy please?” Jaejoong groaned, never parting from his boyfriend. He waved a hand, gesturing her to go away. Instead, she rested her elbows against the lid of the toilet and leaned her head on her hands with no intention to disappear so soon. It was rare for her to have guests after all.

“I’m just here, minding my own business.” Myrtle said shrilly. “Please carry on!”

 

end.