Chapter I: It all started with a snowfall

THE YEAR OF WINTER

As they had been told to, the snowflakes threw themselves from the clouds falling on Earth one by one. After touching the ground, they left a snow mark and without anyone else being able to see, they took human form.

With the new form, they started walking around the city spreading snow everywhere. To humans, it seemed like any other snowy day. Time was passing by and snowflakes were diligently doing their job.

For one of the snowflakes, Nam Ji Hyun, it was the first time on Earth. Instead of spreading snow like all the others, she was guided by her curiosity. She was paying attention to every human, to every object that she was unaware of until then. Ji Hyun was happily following people with bouncy walk generated by her excitement.

Mrs. Kim, the supervisor, came to her to bring her back to "reality".

"I understand this is your first time here, but let's do our job, shall we, Ji Hyun?"

Like being woken up from a dream, she got rid of her happy expression and tried to respond in a serious manner:

"Yes, madam, I am sorry."

She then rolled her eyes without being seen by Mrs. Kim and walked further from her. Ji Hyun walked further and further from the place where they were supposed to meet up after finishing. She was still mesmerized by the human world, especially by the little thing they were talking to while keeping it near their ears.

Suddenly, a sweet voice started invading Ji Hyun's sensitive hearing. She followed it but before reaching the source the voice stopped singing. The disappointed snowflake sighed, and it was that moment she realized she didn't know where she was. There was snow falling everywhere so it was an area where other snowflakes had been. But there was no one there in that moment. "Of course..." she thought "time has passed by without me realizing...it's time to return but return to where? Where was that meeting point?".

Many snowflakes were gathered at the meeting point. Mrs. Kim looked at her watch, seeing that it was already late. They couldn't stay there longer because the time in which they were invisible to humans was limited. Thinking they all were there, Mrs. Kim spread some glitter in the air, and all the snowflakes were lifted up, back to the clouds they had come from. Those clouds took them back to the Winter Realm.

Only one of them was still wandering around. She couldn't do anything but watch how the glitter that was surrounding her was fading away. And she knew: when her glitter is gone, humans will be able to see her. "Well...it isn't that much of a problem...I look exactly like a human, I just have to stop using my power until I find a way to return" she thought, trying to be optimistic. However, she had no idea how to do that. She could have waited for the snowflakes to return but again, she had no idea when it would happen because the snow left by them from one visit wasn't disappearing that fast.

She was scared and confused, it was her first time there and she knew nobody. She was walking down a street with her head down; her bubbly personality was taking a rest at that moment. She suddenly lifted her head with a strange sparkling in her eyes: an idea came to her.

"If there is someone from Winter Realm whom I can find in this world, at least as far as I know, then it is him"