We Find Love

We Find Love

All his life Youngjae’s eyes followed only one person.

 

Youngjae had his eyes set on Mark since he was in sixth grade. Now four years later and his best friend Jinyoung ended up with Mark. He didn’t blame Jinyoung though, because he not once mentioned even liking Mark the slightest.

 

It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Jinyoung just that he knew Mark was always going to be out of reach so when Jinyoung and Mark started going out Youngjae was surprisingly fine with it. Although, it ache at first he eventually got over it and was genuinely happy for the both of them.

 

They would always include Youngjae in their plans, never really doing anything without him. Youngjae never felt like a third wheel when they hung out though because Jaebeom, Mark’s best friend kept him company. Youngjae wondered if he annoyed the older male with his loud laughter and weird sense of humor. The other simply said he really enjoyed Youngjae’s company, that he never had a bad time or was bored when they were together.

 

Comments like that made Youngjae flush. He never questioned Jaebeom’s intentions though because he knew he only liked him as a friend and he was sure Jaebeom had his eyes set on another male. Someone much more suitable for him than Youngjae, someone in the same grade as him, someone name Jackson Wang.

 

It was not like Youngjae hated Jackson, he just hated how the older guy overflowed with confidence, that he was charming and very good looking. Everything Youngjae wasn’t. Jackson was in the varsity soccer team with Jinyoung, Mark and Jaebum. The only thing he hated about Jackson was how clingy he was towards Jaebeom, although he was that way towards all his teammates.

 

Youngjae never skipped out on their games. He was always the loudest guy in the stands cheering them on. He made friends with two other guys that never missed a game, Yugyeom and Double B as the other like to call himself. The boys one time questioned Youngjae about his crush on Jaebeom, noticing how much louder he would cheer when Jaebeom had the ball. He simply blushed and didn’t deny their speculation. They commented on how him and Jaebeom would make an extremely cute couple, that made Youngjae blush even more.


It was now autumn and it was time for the boy’s annual school dance. Many of the guys found it silly, since their school was an all boys school. No girls were allowed so a room filled of sweaty guys, how appealing. Youngjae was debating on skipping out but knowing Jinyoung he knew he would be dragged along.

 

Monday morning when Youngjae got to class, a white envelope with a red heart on it was left on his desk. Youngjae picked it up and hesitantly opened it, he expected some type of joke but instead the words ‘Dear Youngjae, I know you might not have a clue of who I am but I want you to be my date to the dance. If you agree to this please meet me by the stairs of the auditorium the day of the dance. To me you are the cutest guy I have ever set my eyes on and although I am terrified of your response I hope you’d at least give me an answer that day.’

 

The letter was signed with the name Best Soul. This must definitely be some type of joke. The following game night Youngjae showed Yugyeom and Double B the letter.

 

“How is this going to be a joke? Who in their right mind would plan something nuts like this? Besides, everyone knows you are friends with the most popular guys in the soccer team. They’d have a death wish if that were the case.” Double B mentioned.

 

“Or maybe that’s why they want to do it? They are mad that a loser like me gets to walk around with the popular guys in the soccer team.”

 

“I also agree with, Double B. I have a huge feeling that this person is serious about this. They’re even hesitant.”

 

Maybe they were right. Perhaps for some miraculous reason someone actually had their eyes set on Youngjae so he decided to take the chance and show up at the auditorium once the dance came around.

 

He had been staring at his reflection for the past 20 minutes, trying to perfect his hair and suit. Youngjae would be lying if he said he was not the slightest bit nervous. He was petrified.

 

Finally he arrived with Mark and Jinyoung and asked them to head in first. Jinyoung wished him luck and asked him to call if he needed anything.

 

Youngjae was hiding behind a tree when he catched a glimpse of Jackson by the stairs of the auditorium. He felt so confused. His first thought was ‘Jaebeom’s going to be really hurt.’

 

When Youngjae finally decided to engage the situation another guy from the soccer team, Jooheon walked up to Jackson and took him by the hand. They walked away together. A huge burden left Youngjae’s chest but then another began to crawl in, Jaebeom would still be hurt.

 

Youngjae was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he did not hear when a pair of footsteps walked closer to him.

 

“Hey, are you waiting for someone?” It was Jaebeom. Youngjae’s heart began to pound against his chest. Why did Jaebeom have to look this good in a suit?

 

“Kind of.. But who knows if they’ll even show up.”

 

“Best Soul?” Youngjae’s eyes widen when he heard Jaebeom ask that. No way. There is just no way.

 

“Youngjae, I know it’s quite sudden but I’ve liked you since the first day we met. You really are the cutest guy I have ever set my eyes on. I hope you’re not disappointed.”

 

Youngjae always heard movies described how people heard fireworks go off when they finally kissed the person they’ve been in love. To him that was an underestimation because it was much more explosive than that when his lips met Jaebeom’s.