Magical Locker

Magical Locker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was one of Japan’s rainy months and endless raindrops fell from the heavens. Daiki felt a sudden gust of chilly wind which consequently made him give off a big sneeze. He rubbed the surface of his arm and shivered in the process to shake off some of his wet garments dry. 

 

“Dai-chan! You’re gonna get sick in that state. You need to change into dry clothes” Yuto, Ryosuke and Chinen gathered around him and offered clean P.E. clothes and a hand towel. Being as stubborn as he is, he just shuddered and rejected the offer. He then beamed a smile and shook water off his cardigan. 

 

“Maa, little water won’t kill me…” he grinned before arranging his hair. Amu, his trusted childhood friend looked at him in awe as his damp fringe dangled beautifully on his forehead. For some reason, her heart skipped a beat when Daiki’s eyes met hers… “Is there something on my face, Amu-chan?”

 

“Eh? Ah… No! Here” Her thoughts were disturbed by the sudden question coming from Daiki. She then offered her handkerchief to the slightly older boy and watched him accept it. Daiki then patted his face and neck dry with the piece of cloth Amu offered.

 

“Why did you refuse our clean and dry clothes and you accepted Amu-chan’s? I sense I little bit of favouritism here!” Ryosuke, seeing Amu’s gesture to Daiki, suddenly teased. This comment made a tint of blush touch Amu’s cheeks. You see, everyone in their little group knows about Amu’s massive crush on Daiki since they were little. Everyone but Daiki himself.

 

-

 

After a long run of lectures the whole day, Daiki, Ryosuke, Chinen, Yuto and Amu walked towards the locker rooms and had a glimpse of the saddened skies outside. It was then they realised it’s still raining cats and dogs. 

 

“Damn! I forgot I didn’t bring my umbrella. I guess I’m gonna get wet again” Daiki uttered in despair as if it was his unluckiest day today. He then forced himself towards his locker to get the rest of his stuff, however, something caught his eye. It was a red umbrella. As if God heard his prayers and an umbrella magically popped inside his locker. 

 

“Someone gave you theirs?” Chinen asked. 

 

“Does your locker grant wishes or something?” Yuto spoke next, believing that the locker is indeed magic. He then clapped his hand once and literally prayed in front of it… “Dear Locker-sama. I want a girlfriend, please!” he whispered but enough for his friends to hear. 

 

“Amu-chan… Did you do this?” Daiki faced the only girl in the group. Out of all the people in the whole campus, Amu is the only person he knows that can pull this off. However, the girl slowly shook her head.

 

“No… I have mine right here” she lied. The truth is, she was indeed the one who placed the item there. After years of knowing Daiki, she knows that he’s not very good at remembering things. Especially things that are actually essential. She therefore intentionally brought an extra umbrella and stealthily put it inside his locker using her ‘unlocking’ skills that no one knows about. Yes! She has that talent. 

 

“Souka… It must be my guardian angel then!” he chuckled and innocently took the umbrella. 

 

Amu smiled, relieved that she wasn’t discovered. She’s just glad that she was of help to Daiki. She might not have the courage to confess yet, but at least, she can care for him in the sideline. 

 

-

 

The next day, after having experienced a cold and windy day outside, Daiki forced himself towards their campus and went straight to his locker like usual. He pulled his coat up and just wished he brought a thicker one. He then opened his ‘magical’ locker and there it was, staring back at him was a pair of winter gloves and hand-knitted scarf. 

 

“What the…?” he whispered to himself. 

 

And starting then, every single day, the ‘magical’ locker pops out some random (but useful) stuffs for Daiki to use which definitely made him curious on who his ‘guardian angel’ was.

 

 

A week had passed and like any other days, Daiki slowly opened his locker and saw a medium sized obento box sitting peacefully inside. He noticed the cute designs on the surface and continued to wonder who it was from. Ryosuke, Chinen and Amu who were standing next to him curiously leaned forward to see inside his locker.

 

“Ohh… Your secret admirer left you something again?” Yuto also took a peek from Daiki’s locker and eyed the box. He then wiggled his eyebrows and felt the urge to tease his best friend.

 

Ryosuke and Chinen also joined in and nudged the boy with constant teasing. Amu smiled at them and was just amused on how childish her friends are acting. However, at the back of her mind, she silently wished that Daiki will not find out she’s behind all this. You never know, he might find it ‘creepy’ that she’s opening his locker without his permission.

 

“Have you found out who your ‘guardian angel’ yet?” Ryosuke asked curiously. Hearing this, Daiki felt his own brows meeting at the centre of his forehead, dying to know who his ‘secret admirer’ is. It seems like this “mysterious” person knows Daiki very well. 

 

“Not yet! But I swear I’m gonna catch her… or him? Uhg! I don’t know anymore” he scratched the back of his head in annoyance. He then took the obento box from his locker and led his way to their lecture theatre. 

 

“Who do you think it is, Amu-chan? Maybe one of the girls in our class?” Chinen silently asked the girl standing next to him who is definitely daydreaming about something. Hearing Chinen’s question, Amu restlessly fidgeted with her hair and took a big step forward,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter