Searching for Acceptance

Searching for Something [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera falls sick for the next two days and it includes the three boys taking turns giving her company and easing the tense feeling.

 

Seokjin never stopped spamming Jungkook’s phone with whatever he’s got, Taehyung and Jimin not failing to notice the device as he always leaves it on the living room table. They don’t dare say anything about it scared he might experience the same dream Haera had.

 

Speaking about that it never happened again, now she’s back to sleeping in her own room and she looks at Jungkook standing in the doorway.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?”

 

She smiles at him. It’s been a full week of him asking that, whether it’s before they sleep in the living room and when she’s with the others he stalls for a bit to chat and asks the question by the end. Jimin once about it saying he’s worse than any caring person.

 

That struck something to the both of them but they let it slide.

 

“I think I’ll be fine. It was ten days ago, no worries!” She sets the pillows on their original places.

 

“If you need anyth—“

 

“I’ll call you when I do.” She nods. “That’s what I’ve been doing these days.”

 

“It’s because you were sick and you couldn’t stand and you have to order us around.” Jungkook rolls his eyes. He steps in the room and shows his phone.

 

“Speaking of call—even though we’re not going away for now or something—can I get your number?”

 

Her eyes widen at him. “If we’re in school right now people will kill me for that.”

 

Jungkook laughs. He passes his phone to her and Haera does the same, afterwards they both bid their good nights and ends the day peacefully.

 

A month passes by very quick without them noticing.

 

They’re in the living room sprawled on the floor with nothing to do, Jimin deciding that humming to old songs he knows might be the best solution to kill his boredom. Haera isn’t familiar with what he’s singing but all she focuses on is his delicate voice.

 

Taehyung joins in after then followed by Jungkook.

 

“You know these songs?” She directs the question to her senior. Jungkook nods as he lifts his legs to cross them on the sofa.

 

“Yeah. My brother always listened to them.”

 

The front door opens and grandma Kim smiles at them, the other hand holding a huge box an she sets it on the counter. Jimin sits up while Taehyung walks toward her.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Oh my, don’t tell me you forgot!” She gives him a light slap on the shoulder. “It’s Jimin’s birthday today!”

 

Suddenly they hear birds chirping as everyone gave glances at the cake, not really knowing how to react with the information.

 

Haera slowly puts her hands together and sings a happy birthday song, Jungkook following after but only clapping his hands. Jimin’s eyes widen and he jumps up to his feet.

 

“It’s today?”

 

“You’re very busy with your lives that you forget you’re 17 today.”

 

He grins sheepishly. “Happy birthday to me!”

 

Taehyung prepares the table while grandma Kim cuts the cake into equal parts. The other three are talking about forgetting his birthday—Jimin himself—and not being informed what day it is—Jungkook and Haera—that they feel bad for not preparing something for him.

 

“It’s okay,” Jimin gives them a thumbs ups as they settle on their seats. “A cake is too much for me already.”

 

Taehyung makes a face at him. “Yeah? If I don’t know any better we wouldn’t have conversations at night about you dreaming to have a camera someday.”

 

“H-Hey don’t—“

 

“Why would you want a camera?”

 

Jimin shakes his head at grandma Kim.

 

“I don’t know, just want to take pictures and stuff.”

 

They finish the conversation with that and grandma Kim leaves after the meal.

 

“Wow. That was the best cake I’ve ever had.”

 

“And you say it’s too much?” They go back to their original positions. “How about you guys? When do you celebrate your birthdays?”

 

“Taehyung’s on the thirtieth of December.”

 

“Thirthieth of July.” Haera raises a hand.

 

“Belated happy birthday, Haera!”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“How about you, Jungkook?” Jimin’s eyes at wide at him.

 

“September one.”

 

“Oh—Wait, isn’t that the day you first came here?”

 

Now that Taehyung mentioned it, Haera remembers his friends back in school telling a story about his seventeenth birthday that almost fell into distaster. She heard it during a lunch break, Jungkook trying to make thim shut up since it consisted of him being a mess when they tried to enter a club. It didn’t really turn out well.

 

Jungkook catches her smiling and he nudges her with his foot.

 

“What are you smiling about?”

 

It falls. “Huh? Nothing. I just remembered something.”

 

“So you’re older than us, then? We should be calling you hyung!”

 

Jungkook shakes his head. “No need. Let’s just all call each other by our names. I don’t mind.”

 

“But I do.” Jimin looks at Haera. “Since you’re younger you should call us oppa.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Aren’t we supposed to do something? Like celebrate Jimin’s birthday.” Jungkook points out. “We’re not doing anything anyway.”

 

But they decided not to do anything but just watch TV, just like how Jimin always celebrated it ever since he was young. They all sit on sofa with Haera on the extreme side in case she feels uncomfortable being sandwiched by them,Jungkook to her left, Jimin, and Taehyung.

 

As they spend the night like that and falling asleep with their heads leaning on the back rest, Haera fails to notice her phone lighting up with Hoseok’s name on the screen.

 

 

 

Where the hell are you? I’m worried sick.

 

It’s been three days where are you?

 

Hey I hope you’re fine wherever you are. Call me if you see this.

 

Your mom went to our house today and was looking for you.

 

Your dad almost threw a punch at my dad. He thought we’re hiding you.

 

What is going on?

 

Please answer the phone.

 

Please tell me you’re not dead.

 

Everyone is looking for you. Even Jungkook sunbae is missing.

 

Are you guys together?

 

“Haera!” Jimin stands behind the couch looking over her shoulder.

 

Please answer the ing phone!

 

The police think I ing murdered you or something!

 

Haera

 

Please

 

Come back

 

Haera sighs and leans her head back, then jumps away when she feels something else hit her instead. She looks back and sees Jimin staring back at her, nodding his chin to the phone.

 

“Jungkook’s phone has also been d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter