Confusing

Missing

A kid with a high spirit jumping around while holding his mother’s hand in a big mall to find some toys for his birthday.

“Careful jaehyun..’’ Said Lucy with a motherly smile on her face looking at her 2 years old son. The only boy that can make her happy like all this world is belong to her.

Jaehyun just wobbling around with his short legs, like a penguin. It is so cute that Lucy can’t stop smiling, until she noticed this one familiar figure. A man with a broad shoulder, his height around 180cm.

Lucy stop her steps, she thoroughly looking at the man from far. Her heart now is beating like mad.

“Is it him..??’’ She wondering thousand times in her mind. Then, there is a woman approaching that guy, a pregnant woman. That woman showing baby’s clothes to the guy. Like, “which one is better??, this is totally cute right??” The guy replies with a lovely smile and give her a hug.

“Yes it is them” Lucy is sure for it, she lift up her son and turns around. She want to run away from them.

“ Lucy, Kyle is a good looking right??’’

“ Well, everyone keep saying that Moon’’ Said lucy while lying in her bed.

“ Do you want to know something Lucy???’’ Moon asked while adjusting her position beside Lucy.

“ What now..???’’

“ In other days, when I was late at school..you know if we enter the school at the main entrance, we will be punished right??’’

“ I’m listening Moon..just keep on going’’

“ Alright…so I decided to use other ways. I climbed the wall at the back entrance.But, you know I’m such a girly and diva. I’m the Asia’s next top model. I can’t get through the wall..it is just too high. Then…Kyle is there, he was late too.’’ Moon is smiling all the time when she tell this story to lucy.

Lucy starts to be alert when she heard Kyle’s name.

“ Ehem..so what happened? He helped you out?’’

_flashback_

“ Late for school huh??” a man with rough voice approaching Moon. Moon turn away and Kyle, she just see the most hottest person in school named Kyle. Moon back off from the wall.

“ Well yep, but I don’t think I can climb this wall..it’s too high for me.’’

“ Do you really want to go to school?’’ Kyle asked curiously.

“ Yeah??” Moon make a really weird face

“ Look..do you want to follow me? We can skip the school..only for today.’’

“ Skip the school? And..then what we gonna do??”

“ Come on.. don’t be too nerdy you nerd!!.’’ Kyle grabs Moon’s hand and they walking side by side .

“ huh..where we going???’’ Moon sighed. Kyle look at Moon and give her a big smile.

“ Will see…” short answered for Moon. Moon just give up and follows Kyle.

Around ten minutes, they arrived at Haku River. It is a beautiful recreation park, usually there will be a lot of people but it is kinda empty and quiet during the weekdays.

“ So..we will be here until school finish?” Moon said with a disappointed tone. Like Kyle is damn rich, Moon thought that Kyle will bring her to some places that fancy.

“ Yeap..exactly, well this place kinda calm right. Usually it will full of people but this time..it only us.”

“ Yes, but really..what can we do here?” . Kyle just smiling, he reaches out his bag and brings out his clothes from the bag.

“ This.. change to this..we gonna be wet”

“ But I can’t swim!!!”

“ Yes..you can..if you have me..trust me..now go to the toilet and prepared yourself okay cutie?” . even though it annoyed Moon a bit, but Moon still do as Kyle said. Moon go to the toilet and change herself while Kyle, he just take off his school uniform and that makes him alone with his short. After a while, Moon comeback from the toilet with a over-size clothe on her.

“ Wow you really look beautiful in anything” Kyle said. That words have calm down burning heart of Moon. She blushing right now.

“ I can’t swim okay..save me if I’m drowning”

“ You have my words cutie”

And they spends hours in that place giggling and joking around.

Moon come up to the land and Kyle follows her.

“ I’m already tired Kyle..let us go get something to eat”

“ Okay cutie anything you want”

They both go to the toilet and change the clothes. Then, the go to the most famous tteokbokki stall. They order some tteokbokki.

“ Kyle why you ask me to skip school and bring me to the river?”

Kyle stops eating at that moment, he looks at Moon. He smiles.

“ Moon, I have to go now.. thanks for today and….” He looking for something

“huh..????” Moon wonder.

“ Moon.. we will meet again later, at school okay? I’m sorry, I got other things to do,really” he pinch Moon’s cheek and just leave her alone like that.

_end of flashback_

“ You know what Lucy, that was just too random. He came and left just like that. Oh my goodness, man really are trash’’

“ Erm so you never meet him again after that??”

“ No Lucy, I really hope to meet him. I think I’m in love with him after all that miracle, or should I come late for school again tomorrow??’’

“ Don’t be silly Moon” Lucy giggled but she hurt inside. Her first love Kyle.

“ Wait Lucy!!! Your parents and his are knowing each other right??”

“ Yeah..so?”

“ So maybe you have his number?”

“ stop it Moon, we are girls, we have pride. Let them look for us okay?”

“ alright nerdy…”

At the school

‘kringgg krinnggg’

“ Finally it is a recess!!!” said Moon while breaking free her arm.

“ Yeah let's go to the café moron!!” said Lucy and she straight away running to the café.

“ erhhhh this kid!!!” Moon joining Lucy running to the café but on her way she bumped to a well built figure and fall.

“ Hey are you okay?” Moon hear a familiar voice. A familiar voice that ask her to join him to skip the school. A voice that bring her to the river. Moon look up.

“ Kyle..?” her heart like suddenly stop. Kyle helps Moon to get up. Everyone looking at them. Start gossiping Kyle with Moon.

“ Thanks..and I’m sorry”

“ it’s okay..you want to go to café don’t you?”

Moon only nods.

“ shall we go together? I want to eat with you”

“but  I-..” Kyle cuts her words and grab her hand. They both heading to café. While Lucy who have arrived at the café, waiting for Moon”

“ Yeah..she really suitable to be a model, so slow”

But there is some shocking moment for Lucy as she see Kyle and Moon holding hands to the café. They heading to Lucy now.

“ Kyle will eat with me” Moon whispering to Lucy.Lucy nods, and she run away from the scene. She goes to the toilet, and trying to hold her tears.

“ Kyle and I will be nothing, you have that since primary school okay. You gotta be strong Lucy!!”

Meanwhile at the café

“ Kyle..what are we??” Moon gather all her courage to ask Kyle about their status.

“ What do you mean?”

“ I’m gonna be honest if you like using me just stop it. I hate it.”

“ I’m not using you Moon” Kyle stop eating and staring into Moon’s eyes

“so…??’’

“ Moon, do you believe love at the first sight?” Kyle asked seriously.

“ No, because love is all about knowing each other”

“exactly Moon.. but when I found you, I started to believe on that”

“huh..?wh-what are you going to say??” Kyle now holding both of Moon’s hands

“ I don’t know, but the moment I see you. I believe I have fallen for you. Like it just out of the blue, when I see you..I want to know about you. And for me knowing each other just only strengthen the relationship and reasons for why I falling for you”

Moon have lost of words. Kyle getting close to her, reaching out her lips. And give her a sweet kiss. Everyone that watching the scene applause and wow-ing.

“ I love you Moon”

That is when they start dating and that is when one heart start to hurting

_5 years later_

Lucy and Kyle have to get married because of their family.

“ Moon, I’m so sorry.. I can’t ignore our parents decision’’ Lucy trying to persuade Moon.

“ Enough Lucy..enough…’’

“ Moon!!!!!” a rough voice approaching. It is Kyle. He rushingly towards Moon and hug her but Moon push him away.

“stop it Kyle..You are Lucy’s husband now”

“ Look sweetie I and Lucy have discuss about us”

“ Yes Moon, we made a deal”

“What deal?” Moon asked

“ I and Kyle will never be together and you will stay at our house.. be his wife like you guys dream for”

“are you guys serious??you know what, it is a bull if a wife not being jealous.”

“ I don’t love him Moon, I stand for our friendship. I want you to be happy and I promise I won’t be jealous cause I really don’t have any feeling for him” Lucy said with a really calm tone but no one know inside her heart. It is such heartbreaking to say you don’t love someone even though you madly in love with him/her. Lucy stand with Kahlil Gibran quotes that making her strong which is ‘ If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don’t , they never were.’

_After 5 months_

Moon is cooking fluffy pancake in the kitchen. Kyle tiptoeing toward Moon and hugs her from the back.

“ Morning my princess” he wishes while kissing Moon’s neck.

“what are you cooking princess?”. Moon only smile and give a peck to Kyle’s lips

“ Your apple pancakes honey..”

“morning Moo- eoh..sorry haha should not disturb you guys” Lucy just get out from her room and now entering back when she saw Kyle and Moon being sweet to each other. Not because she does not really want to disturb them but it is too hard to handle. She sits on her bed. Her hands are trembling when she try to holding back her tears.

“ it’s okay..it has been 5 months okay! You have to learn..you have to adapt..” she convince herself. But first love is not easy to forget, like if you have one thing that you want and you get it but after a while you lost it then You got a new one, but the feeling does not feel the same as the first. Being last means you got all the time to love while being the first means you have to keep the memories forever. Memories can be painful and cheerful and it’s like a punishment. You cry when you have painful memories and yet you also cry when you have cheerful memories. That is what being the first meant to be.

‘tuukk tukkk tukkk’

Moon knocking the door.

“Lucy..come out, breakfast is ready. Come eat with us.”

“ okay..wait..have something to do, give me 5 minutes’’

“alright, don’t be so late.. you know Kyles such a big eater”

“ Honey !!” Kyle shouting to Moon

Lucy laugh a bit, she looking in the mirror and taking a deep breath.

“ you can do this Lucy..you can.” Lucy reach for the door and walk to the dining room. She sits beside Moon.

“ Guys, I have good news to tell” Moon said as she gives the pancakes to Lucy

“ What is it honey?”

“ I got the job!! I will be a part of Storm Model”

“ oh my god.. are you serious babe?” Lucy asked excitedly

“what????!!!” Kyle get up from his chair and hugs Moon. He keep on kissing Moon’s cheek

“stop it Kyle, Lucy is here” Moon giggling

“well don’t stop Kyle, she deserves that” Lucy continues while eating her pancakes

“ Moon you know, loving someone means you want to see them happy in whatever ways I will make sure of that and will do anything for you”

“ Awww Kyle so sweet of you” Moon cares Kyle’s cheek

Meanwhile Lucy keep her head down to the apple pancakes struggling to finish them as soon as possible.

_2 months later_

Kyle is alone watching another marvel movies. Lucy decide to sit beside him.

“ Marvel again huh?”

“yeap..well got nothing better to do tho”

“ missing Moon huh?”

“ of course I miss her..after joining the model agency she rarely at home. I crave for her touch.” When Lucy hear that, it like a reflex. She pats Kyle’s head.

“ it is okay little boy, she will come home soon. This is her home, and there is you, her lover”

Kyle starts to smile, he suddenly throw a pillow to Lucy

“ Wow what is this for little boy??” Lucy asked

“ That because you calling me little boy, you grumpy”

“heyyyy!!! I’m not grumpy anymore!” this time Lucy throw the pillow back to Kyle

“heyy is this a pillow fight??”

“hahaha you wish Kyle” Lucy keep on throwing all the pillow there to Kyle. At the same time Lucy takes her time to enjoy this kind of moment with Kyle. Even though she only can touch him in a casual way but she still can look at him in her kind of loving way. That is enough for her.

“ okay okay! I give up..you won okay this time but remember only this time” Kyle panting. He still y when he panting, that makes Lucy a bit turn on.

“ fuuhh wise decision little boy, I’m off to bed.Bye!” Lucy rushing to her bedroom, she lock her door. She smile widely remember that pillow moment but then she suddenly tear up.

“No! this is wrong Lucy.. You kept your promise  to Moon didn’t you?” she now made at herself, she goes to bed in crying heart.

‘kring kring’

“ hello?” Kyle answered the phone

“ Kyle honey?”

“princess??!! Hey when will you get back home? I miss you darl. Do you forget that my arms is your pillow? Have a good sleep there princess?”

“ haha silly, of course not honey. I want my pillow back”

“ so come home okay! Get your pillow, squeeze all you want.”

“eeeeyy herm honey, actually I have something to tell you’’

“ what?you can’t make it? “

“yes, I can’t make it to your birthday, I’m sorry and I can only return to home next month. We have fashion tours. Sorry again honey. I promise I will buy you anything”

“ it’s okay princess , it’s work right.”

“you are not mad at me right?”

“why should I mad at you princess, you are my princess.”

“relieved to hear that, sorry I gotta go there are some rehearsal! Love you honey!!”

“love you too” Kyle feel really down that time. He sits on the sofa. Suddenly Lucy is home from work.

“hello Kyle the little b-“ she can’t continue her sentence when she noticed Kyle a little bit down. She sits beside him.

“ayy man?got problems?” she gives a light punch at Kyle’s arm.

“ Moon.. she can’t make it to my birthday”

“ I guess she is too busy with her work, and wait you have me. We can celebrate together!” suddenly Kyle laying his head to Lucy’s shoulder. Lucy stunned.she try to control herself

“I miss her, Lucy” Lucy didn’t move at all.

“ she will be here with you.. just wait okay!’’

“Lucy don’t you ever love anyone?” again Lucy stunned. She keep herself in silent

“lucy.. I’m talking to you.”

Lucy is wondering should she tell Kyle the truth. If she lie she got nothing and what if she telling the truth? 

“you” short from Lucy. Kyle lift up her head, and look at Lucy

“me..?”

Now Lucy realized she should not tell the truth.

“ yeah when we was in school, remember you called me grumpy haha” she trying to cover up but her hands are shaking. Kyle notice that.

“ I know you since we are young Lucy, hands shaking means you are lying.”

“Yes I STILL love you” Lucy get up and goes straight to her room.

This time Kyle is stunned.

This morning Kyle prepared the breakfast. A simple breakfast, cereal,milk and toasts. Lucy come out from her room.Kyle hear the door squeaking

“ are you out Lucy?come here, have a breakfast with me.”

Lucy goes to Kyle

“Kyle, about yesterday can we just act like nothing happened?”

“yeah sure if that you want, now sit and have a breakfast with me. This evening you are free right? cause we will buying some cakes okay?”

“what for?”

“for my birthday celebration!”

“really Kyle???”

“yeah, why not the grumpy girl?”

“ silly” Instead of replying Kyle, Lucy just mumbling to herself

After spending hours choosing the right birthday cake for Kyle, they returned to home. It’s 9 p.m .

“okayyy!! Let’s celebrate my birthdaayyy!!” Kyle happily jumping around. He bring out two plates for the cake . Kyle turn off the fan and the lamp in dining room. He takes out the cake from the box and fire up the candle.

 ‘You never changed Kyle’ that is what Lucy think when she looks at Kyle.

“Lucy..the cake is ready” Kyle stops the smiling face of Lucy.

“ ouh..happy birthday Kyle..blow the candle” Lucy back to herself

“ that’s it? How about wishes?” Kyle wiggles his eyebrows

“ Happy birthday Kyle.. May this birthday be as special as you are. Blow the candle..hurry”

“special?” Kyle smirked, then he blow the candle, clapping his hands. Lucy pull out the candles, but Kyle stop her. Kyle lean towards Lucy and give a peck on her lips. Lucy shocked. She push Kyle away

“ what are you doing???!!!” Lucy shouts.

“Lucy.. I think it is a mistake choosing Moon. I should realize earlier, that we, us, are meant to be.”

“Kyle..are you saying knowing Moon is a mistake??!!”

Kyle come closer to Lucy and grab her waist. He cares her cheek.

“ May my birthday be as special as me? It will , if you are here with me. That would be enough.”

“ Ky-Kyle..” Lucy stuttering as she can feel the warmth of Kyle. Kyle gives Lucy a passionate kiss.

“St-stop it Kyle” Lucy try to resist but she failed.

Kyle lifts Lucy up and brings her to his room.

Something did happen between them

On the next morning, Lucy wakes up early. She realized what just happened between them. Kyle still asleep, Lucy hurriedly grabs her clothes and back to her own room. She can’t believe what just happened. It was a great night but she didn’t like this feeling. Feeling when you betrayed your best friend. So she decided to leave. She left. But leaving behind a divorce paper with her sign and a letter to Kyle.

 

Kyle.. I’m sorry, I have to go. About last night, just forget about it, it’s not supposed to happened at all. Please sign the divorce paper. You are belong to Moon not me. You just confuse with yourself because Moon is not always there for you as she used to be. I’m leaving, because I feel bad for my best friend and for you. Let just me alone bear with all this drama and this pains. Cause it’s no longer hurtful because I know you guys will be happy without me.

Kyle is awake now, he rubs his eyes and looking for Lucy. But he cant find it. He tries to call her name.

“Lucy..?where are you grumpy girl?” he looking around his room,and found a letter.

Dear Kyle.

“fu-ck Lucy” he tear up. He grab everything that near to him and throw it to the ground.

“ I’m ing love you Lucy.” He mumbles while punching his own chest.

Since then for two days he never leaves his room until Moon finally comeback. He wants to stick at the Lucy place on his bed, where on that night they cuddle and make out together.

“honey this one is cute right?should we buy pink or blue one?” Moon asked to Kyle while showing him baby’s clothes.

“anything is good princess..our baby will be looking cute in everything cause his/her mom is a top model okay?” Kyle said while pinching her wife’s nose. Suddenly he see someone he really familiar with.

“Princess.. I think I see someone, wait okay” he tell Moon to wait and rushing to that someone

“excuse me?” Kyle tap her shoulder. That woman want to run but Kyle stops her and yes she turn around to Kyle.

“ Lu-Lucy???’’ Kyle blinking his eyes. Moon is on the way toward them.

Lucy just gives a grin to Kyle.

“yes?”

“oh my god, Lucy is that you??!!!” with a light step, Moon comes to Lucy.

“Lu-Lucy..who this kid?” Moon asked while looking at Kyle.

“ Mo-moon..he is my son.”

“wait.. it has been 2 years right after you left us and…is it possible to say..Kyle and you…?” Moon back off.

“ honey..I can explain..” Kyle trying to calm down his wife

“ Lucy explain to me..”

Lucy and Moon go to café nearer to discuss them meanwhile Kyle takes over to look out of his son Jaehyun.

“ Lucy.. why you leave us?” Moon ask with full of curiosity

“ Kyle said you don’t want to be a third wheel but..looking at the situation right now, I believe you have something to say.” She continues

“Moon, I’m sorry, yes I admit it. Me and Kyle….” Before Lucy even finish her sentence

“ stop Lucy.. okay now you tell me do you love Kyle?”

“ to be honest with you Moon,yes. But I appreciate our friendship more. And I believe happiness is when we make our beloved one happy. I’m happy for both of you.’’

“ and yet…. You and him..??I can’t believe your words Lucy.’’

“ Look, up to you if you don’t believe in me, but I really don’t want all this to happen. I love you Lucy,you re my best friend’’

“ and you betrayed me Lucy”

“ okay.. I know, that is why I’m running away from both of you. I carry all this guilty feeling every seconds and it hurts me.”

“do you still love him?’’

“No, not anymore.”

“okay enough, by the way Kyle did not sign the divorce paper yet. I’ll make sure he do it.’’

Silence between them until

“ma..ma..ma’’ Jaehyun running to Lucy

“hello baby’’ Lucy pick Jaehyun up and place him on her lap.

“ are you guys finish?” Kyle pull the chair besides Moon and sit on it.

“ Kyle, sign the divorce paper” moon asked

“ No!”

“WHY???!!” both Lucy and Moon asked

“ I love Lucy”

“oh no you don’t” said Lucy

“ you love Lucy? So who am I to you right now?”

Kyle holds Moon’s hands

“ you are my wife.. I love you, but Lucy..” his eyes on Lucy

“ Since you are away with me Moon, Lucy the one that comfort me. Celebrating my birthday when you are not there with me. Yes, I know you only miss one year in celebrating my birthday. But for me, that missing year of you was completed by a friend that now I find her as a longing. I miss you Lucy” Moon pull her hands away from Kyle

“ Thank you Kyle” she pick up her bag and out of the cafe

“ Kyle go to Moon.. she needs you”

“ I can meet her at home later Lucy, now I want to see you and our child” Kyle smiled.

“ Kyle, we are not meant to be. Sign the divorce paper, make a new life with Moon.”

“but…”

“Kyle you can’t have both. Choose her not me.”

“but this feeling….’’

“ you just confuse Kyle, you said you love me because I’m complete the missing year of Moon. So I’m just your saver not lover. Your hearts belong to Moon. The ‘longing’? you just lonely Kyle. Don’t worry, you or Moon can meet Jaehyun anytime.

“Lucy?how can be strong like this?”

“ I’m not strong, I just endure it’’

“yeah, but you can’t hold it if you re not strong”

“enduring is not about how strong you are that you can hold into something. Enduring is our desire, either to stand to see the happiness or pain. If you choose to the pain, you will give up. But if you choose to see the happiness, you will endure it for the rest of your life. That is what I’m doing, to see the happiness between you guys.”

“Lucy..”

“ Kyle, go back to Moon. I believe she still in this mall, like pregnant woman walks like a snail. Go find her.’’ Lucy smiled

“ thanks Lucy.” Kyle quickly out from the café and looking for Moon. He runs to the parking hoping Moon is still there.Yes, she still there.

“Moon???!!!” Kyle shouts while running towards her.

Moon look at her back and she sees Kyle, she hurriedly finds the car key in her bag.

“looking for a car key princess?” Kyle said while showing the key to Moon

“go away Kyle, go to your Lucy”

“Moon..”

“she completed you right?go to her, why you here?” Moon teared up.

Kyle wipes Moon’s tears

“ Moon,what I said earlier.. Lucy just completed a missing year of you . she not complete the missing pieces of me. But you, you complete me.”

“So..?”

“you are my first love Moon and I’m sure now you will be the last one for me. Someone said being first it’s a punishment. But it’s not if the first one become the last one. I will cheer our memories and I will love you with all times I have. I love you which is also means I want to be with you forever.”

“ I love you too silly”

Moon hugs Kyle tightly and so do Kyle