Oneshot

Save Me

 

"Hey!" Mino tapped his shoulder.

The guy turned around. His sparkling eyes were confused. "Huh?"

Mino's eyes widened. "Oh, sorry. I thought you're my friend. I'm sorry," he said nervously. Why was he nervous tho? 

Mino's heart literally skipped a bit when the guy smiled.

And then he was gone. Mino had to blink several times. Was he too stunned that he didn't notice the guy leaving?

"Aw," he whined when someone bumped him.

"Guess you met my cousin, Jinwoo." Yoon said.

"Huh?"

Yoon laughed. "I told you. You'll be a goner once you met him."

Mino was still confused.

"The guy you just talked to, you babo. That's the cousin I've been telling you about."

"Oh." Mino finally remembered Yoon telling him he'd set him up with his beautiful cousin. "Wait."

Yoon smiled. "You're welcome. Now, sit down. Jinwoo just went to the restroom. My hoody suits him, no?"

Mino now realized why he was nervous. And as he did, he became more nervous, especially when he saw Yoon walking to the door of the restaurant. "Where are you going?"

"Why? Do you expect me to your third wheel? Hoon's waiting for me outside."

"Yah. I don't know what to do."

Yoon chuckled. He sure expected this. "Just talk to him. Just be you. Jinwoo's kind, you don't have to be afraid." Yoon waved Mino good bye and left.

 

"Hey, Mino right?"

Mino nodded. He found a deep, beautiful voice and lost his.

Jinwoo smiled at him. "I saw Yoon so you probably knew who I am now."

Mino can only nod again.

"Should we order?"

And order they did. Jinwoo tried to engage them in a stimulating conversation but Mino wasn't helping. Well, Mino cannot really help it. He was nervous. He was tonguetied.

Jinwoo ended up doing the most speaking. Since they both have cats, the talk centered to that.

"Should we get the bill?"

Mino panicked. If he don't do anything, Jinwoo will never want to see him again.

"I think you're really gorgeous and your eyes are beautiful. They were sparkling especially whenever you mention Rey and Bei. I think you're cool too and so are Rey and Bei. I'm sorry I couldn't talk much. I'm just really so mesmerized by you."

"Breathe." Jinwoo chuckled.

Mino can feel the hotness of his face. He didn't know what to do next. Should he leave and locked himself inside his room forever or should he keep on doing silly things to hear Jinwoo's melodious chuckle over and over again? One thing's for sure, he was so whipped.

"I like you."

All of Mino's blood seemed to go up his face after Jinwoo said that.

"You aren't trying to impress me. I think you're cute and adorable." He smiled at him.

"I... I like you too."

Jinwoo smiled at him again. "Good."

Jinwoo had no idea what his smiles do to Mino, to his heart. 

They left the cafe. The moment Jinwoo waved Mino goodbye, Mino felt a rush in his heart, a rush telling him to do more or else he’ll regret. 

“Can I drive you home, Jinwoo?”

"I thought you won't ask."

Mino drove to Yoon's house. Apparently, Jinwoo's staying there for a while. The drive was quiet but both of them have soft smiles in their faces.

"Thank you," Jinwoo said. They both went out of the car.

"No. Thank you."

"Let's meet again."

Mino nodded. He stayed till in the car until the small and pretty figure of Jinwoo disappeared behind the red wood door. 

The road home was familiar like every other day. But there was something that kept burning in his chest. He couldn’t help himself but smirking and smiling and blushing all the way home. All he could think about that night was somebody’s silly jokes, somebody’s carelessly laugh, somebody’s eyes sparkling up whenever they smile. Obviously, Mino is not the desperated boy who cannot forget about their first love or the boy who nervously asks for his friends’s advice on how to start a conversation with his crush. Mino is so far from those images. So why is he feeling something that those boys would defintely feel? Just. Right. After. The. First. Date.

Screw it. 

“Mino, this is it.”

He chuckled whispering to himself. Maybe, just once, just this time, he will let it be. 

 

"Hey!"

Everything in Mino jumped with that - his body, heart, and soul. But the scare, he realized was worth it, when he heard Jinwoo's laughs.

"I'm sorry." Jinwoo wiped his tears. He sure laughed too much. "Were you waiting too long?"

"If it's for you, there's no such thing."

“Mino-ya, stop saying such cheesy things...” 

Jinwoo’s cheeks turned rosy red and his eyes kind of looked away from Mino’s.

“Jinu hyung, I will never stop saying such things. It would be my fault not confessing my love to you every single minute.”

Mino smiled sweetly then kissed Jinwoo’s forehead.

“This is for showing up so beautifully tonight.”

His lips moved to the cheek.

“This is for the cute shyness on your face that I could never get enough of.”

And their lips meet.

“This. This is for our 1 year anniversary, babe.”

Jinwoo kissed him too. It was not too long, not too deep, just enough to light up the fireworks inside his heart.

"Happy anniversary, babe! I love you."

Mino smiled. He will never get enough of his babe's I love you's. Then, still smiling, he knelt on one knee staring at Jinwoo.

“Oh my god...”

Jinwoo looking straight into Mino with opened mouth. He couldn’t be calm anymore since he knew what was going to happen. 

“Baby, do you love me?”

“Why are you asking such a stupid question at this moment?”

Mino laughed out loud because of his love’s sarcasm.

"I just told you, didn't I?"

"Must you really be sassy right now? You're ruining it, babe."

Jinwoo grinned. "Fine. Of course, I love you."

Mino took out the ring from his chest pocket. "Then take my heart and keep it forever. Will you?" He showed the silver band to Jinwoo.

“Always. And forever.”

Jinwoo leaned forward to give his love a kiss on the head.

“I’m all yours until the day the sun rises twice.” 

 

Jinwoo’s slim fingers had always been beautiful. But that night, it looked even more divine with a shiny glorious band.

 

The couple sighed together as they looked at their wedding pictures. It was too good to be true, so much better than what they had dreamt of.

"Do you ever wonder what may have happened if Yoon didn't find the rings?" Jinwoo asked as he laid his head on his husband's shoulder.

"We'll use anything, my love. I'd take a piece of thread from my tuxedo if I had to," Mino answered. "I won't let anything stop me from marrying you."

"You never changed. You're as cheesy as ever."

Mino yawned. Then without warning Jinwoo, he suddenly carried and put him in bed.

“Yah! The drama hasn’t even started yet!? I’m not gonna sleep early!”

Yelled Jinwoo.

“Who said we’re gonna sleep early?” 

There came a dangerous smirk from Mino’s lips. The room’s temperature is rising and Jinwoo’s mind completely gave up. As always, Mino got him weak. 

Mino's movements became lazy - no, not lazy. They became sensual as he inched closer and closer to Jinwoo, took away the bangs covering his partner's face and slid his fingers to Jinwoo's flawless cheeks. He did all that while staring at the pair of deer eyes that he allured him.

Jinwoo was breathless with all the touch, the stare. Then a kiss rain showered down to anywhere his skin was shown. Soft and sweet. But it  was enough to make his heart beat like a drum. There’re always some gentle moments like that before everything turned to a hot mess.

Their room was filled with love sounds, music in their ears. Their hands intertwined as they became one. No more holding back like the few first times. Reaching euphoria together, their eyes were closed and each other's name was heard from their lips with more promises of love.

 

Just one of those nights. 

Nights when two souls conncet through fierce movements.

Nights when their bodies and minds are no longer theirs.

Nights when nothing else matters.

 

“Did I save the world in my past life?”

“No. But you saved me in this present life.”

 

 

 

 

 

@kkjww & @ngocle86