prom night

prom night

 

a quick a/n; hello! i’m SORRY for deleting this chapter without realising sjdsbdbdbd

yeah just read this because i did some editing..... again, i’m sorryyy :((((

there’s a slight mature content :D

Enjoy!

 

You can read the prequel here

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Five high school seniors are spending their Friday night for a sleepover in the oldest house. Her parents are working at the outer region of their state, making the house kind of empty. Her little brother is staying at his friend’s house for the night, leaving Seulgi all alone in the house. Thankfully, her friends always hangs out in their house for few hours, making her feel not alone.

 

The five friends are hanging out in the living room, choosing a movie to watch for the night. Wendy and Seulgi are taking out the many movies to pick in the shelf beside the TV, clearly in a dilemma.

 

“Tangled is the best!” Irene who is sitting comfortably on the sofa, glaring at her girlfriend.

 

“No! The Good Dinosaur is the best!” Seulgi whines, showing the former the Blu-ray DVD.

 

“I can’t believe you guys are fighting over Disney movies...” Joy rolls her eyes, eating the popcorn placed in a big glass bowl on the coffee table. The couple turns their head to the taller before saying in unison, “It’s important!”

 

“Fine, fine. Gosh you guys are so loud.... yah,what do you choose, Wendy?” Joy held her hands up showing that she surrendered, calling the brainiac who is still looking for a good movie.

 

“Wait..... I’m still looking.... Hah! I found it!” Wendy scratches her nape, the other hand still finding a suitable movie before pulling out a DVD, holding it highly.

 

“Grave of the Fireflies? I never recalled the movie was there.” Seulgi faces the shorter, taking the DVD from her. “Alright. We’re gonna watch this movie tonight!” the bear excitedly inserts the DVD into the player. “Yeri, come here quickly! The movie is starting!” Joy hollers to the younger standing at the opened door, talking to someone. “Uh... guys? Saeron is going to take me somewhere..... I have to leave you guys.” Seulgi smiles thinly, shrugging. “What to do? It’s fine, you can join us later.” Saeron peeks her head into the house, waving to the girls in the living room. “Thanks, guys! I promise I’ll treat you guys for a dinner next time!” the two closes the door, leaving the girls in the living room. Seulgi claps her hands, gaining attention to everyone in the room.

 

 

“So! Let’s watch! I’ll dim the lights,” with that, the other girls readies themselves, sitting together at the comfy sofa. Wendy and Joy sits at the beige sofa at the right while Seulgi and Irene cuddles together at the bigger sofa, wrapping themselves with Irene’s heavily scented blanket. “You comfy?” Seulgi brings her hand to wrap ther shorter’s waist. Irene just nods, watching the movie.

 

 

 

This is the other way to tell that their lives is usual, doing whatever it is like a typical high school teens. But the only thing that is different from the other student? Senior year. These seniors are likely thinking about the biggest night for them; Prom night. Prom night is still the most important dance of high school senior year. And like always, the night still revolves around having a date. When Seulgi’s still an outcast, she would rather avoid the prom altogether than arrive without a date.

 

 

To Irene, prom is where she could spend her money to the fullest and buy the most expensive dress and the stylish one, with the most charming boy she can choose (because yeah, she’s the hottest and of course many boys will flaunt of her prettiness and ask her to be their date) but after she met Seulgi, Irene feels like she’s such a spoiled girl (which she is, she finally realized it) because she respects how humble is her girlfriend with her background; she didn’t know that her girlfriend is a granddaughter of the Prime Minister; she never told her until she followed Seulgi to visit the PM at his residence. Seulgi was kind of a secret one; she sheepishly told Irene when the PM is right in front of her.

 

 

 

Other than that, Seulgi is a brilliant student. Sometimes, when they hang out at each other’s house after school, she will teach Irene the subjects that the shorter didn’t understand; and she’s a born natural on teaching people. Which is why Irene felt a little too jealous on the girl when she tutored the failing students at the library, and what’s worse, there’s a girl that too close to Seulgi, trying to be all touchy-touchy to her.

 

 

 

Irene watches the girl from afar, but the girl didn’t give up, until Irene saw the girl trying to let her hands touch Seulgi’s thighs, caressing it. Irene saw it; she’s barking mad as she stands up from her seat, walking to the table to kick her but stopped halfway when Seulgi quickly stands up, collecting her things only to put it back on her backpack. “That’s it for today, I’ll tell Mr. Ra that you had enough tutoring. You scored all your papers, right? You don’t need my help.” Seulgi wears the backpack, facing the flustered girl. “Wait!” The said girl stands up, locking gazes to the taller. “Can you be my girlfriend?” The girl hands out a small box of chocolate to Seulgi, making the taller lifts her eyebrows.

 

 

Irene clenches her fists, totally feeling her body temperature rose. Is she mad?! Everyone in this school knows that I’m her girlfriend! Or is she one of those y ones who only cares about fame? Irene was ready to launch herself to the girl, but her anger was vanished when Seulgi says,

 

 

 

“Sorry, I’m taken. She’ll be my first and last, I think you know who is she, right?”

 

Irene quickly walks to her girlfriend, wrapping her hands to her waist. “Hey baby, let’s go.” Seulgi was kind of shocked, but follows Irene anyway.

 

Walking outside the library, Irene quickly unlatched herself from the taller. Glaring, she folds her hands to her midriff. “What was that?”

 

“I was going to ask you that.” Seulgi shrieks.

 

“I asked you first, so answer me.” the death glare from the cheerleader captain earns goosebumps from Seulgi.

 

“I-- uh, rejecting her?”

 

“No! Before that,”

 

“You saw us?” Seulgi gasps.

 

“Uh, obviously?” Irene puts her hand to her hips, lifting her left eyebrow.

 

“I knew, Irene.”

 

“Knew what?”

 

“I knew that she’s tutoring with me because she wants to get close to me. But I didn’t flatter. Because I have you...” Seulgi lets out a cheeky laugh when Irene tries to hide her blushing face by keeping her head down. “You had no reason to get jealous about.” Seulgi takes Irene’s hands, walking to the parking lot. Irene only clings to Seulgi’s arm, leaning her head to the taller’s shoulder. “I only had my eyes on you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The prom is only two weeks away, but Seulgi didn’t ask her or something like that. She knows that they will go together anyway, but she still wants Seulgi to ask her. And that is the sole reason why Irene is giving Seulgi a cold shoulder. Everyone notice this, but Seulgi remains normal, doing her usual thing. But one thing Seulgi realizes that Irene is nearing at the period of the month, so her mood swings explains it.

 

As the movie ends, Wendy stands up, stretches her body. “Ugh.....I almost cried watching this movie. It’s a good one, really. Now, let’s sleep, Joy. Let’s leave the couple dating here,” Joy cackles as she walks into the guest room beside the kitchen with Wendy back hugging her. As soon as the guest room door closes, Seulgi back hugs the cheerleader tightly. “Let’s sleep, babe.” Irene didn’t move, and Seulgi is still hugging her. Seulgi stopped her hugging when she hears Irene sobbing. “Why are you crying? Are you okay?” Irene shakes her head as she closes her face with her hands, crying softly. “Let’s go to bed, okay?” Seulgi lifts her girlfriend bridal style, carefully taking Irene to her bedroom upstairs. Seulgi is quite the strong one, Irene is too light for her.

 

The nerd scratches her head while walking downstairs.

 

Why did she gets so emotional like that? I know that her period is getting closer but... this is something else. Right? Was the movie too sad? I know that the story is not a happy ending but.... nah. I’ll ask her later.

 

 

Seulgi takes the empty bowl which was filled by popcorn to the kitchen, cleaning it and the living room. Seulgi is a neat freak; she can’t stand looking at messy environment. After drinking a cold water, Seulgi takes Irene’s blanket, taking it to her room.

 

Seulgi closes the door quietly, switching off the lamps while doing it. She goes to her bed, laying before covering herself and Irene with her blanket. Seulgi hugs her girlfriend from behind, nuzzling her nose to the latter’s neck. “Wanna go to the theme park with my friends?” “No.”

“Join me for a morning jog?” “No.”

“Would you mind if I take you to--” “No, Seulgi.”

“Feel free to tell me why?” “Because I want to be alone.”

 

The response hurts the taller a little, making her looses her arms on Irene’s waist. “Well, I’m sorry, then,” Seulgi sighs softly, closes her eyes. “Goodnight Irene.”

 

 

She didn’t even wish a goodnight to Seulgi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Friday, pep rally

 

 

“Hey, did you see my girlfriend?”

“No, she just went out minutes ago.”

 

Seulgi almost loses her mind when Irene is nowhere in her sight. Nicole waves to her before leaving her alone at the bleachers. The people are still at the field, some were still sitting at the seats, players and cheerleaders are celebrating their win and..... it was pretty hectic there. Seulgi averted her eyes to the field, wondering where did her girlfriend went. Irene was with her-- no, she was with Irene. The shorter didn’t pay much attention to Seulgi as she talks to Seolhyun who ignored Seulgi’s existence too.

 

 

Wait.

I better search for Seolhyun first.

 

 

Seulgi quickly found Seolhyun with Zico, who is a running athlete, talking, not far from the crowd. She quickly goes to the two. “Zico, do you mind if I take Seolhyun for a quick talk?” Zico faces the bear, before looking back at the girl beside her. “Hey, Seul. Oh, no I don’t mind. Call me if you’re done, Seolhyun.” with that, Zico leaves the two. Seolhyun looks a bit irritated when the girl messed up her time to talk with her boyfriend. “Can this wait?” “No. Actually, I wanna ask you where’s my girlfriend?” Seolhyun rolls her eyes, flipping her hair. “Do you even care about her, Seulgi?” “I-- Of course I care! What’s wrong with you?” Seulgi lifts her eyebrows, totally freaked out with the other girl’s attitude. “She’s right there. Please, fix whatever you did to her before she trashes you.” Seolhyun says before leaving the bear alone, and it makes her flustering.

 

 

She turns her head to find Irene standing not far from her, is staring her. Seulgi almost run to her, but she walks quickly to her. “I looked everywhere for you... where were you? Why you didn’t return my calls? You could tell me, ya kn--” “It’s none of your business, Seulgi.” Comes a snappy response from Irene. Now Seulgi is getting more confused. Is it wrong to care about your own girlfriend?

 

 

As Seulgi wants to reply the shorter’s weird response, a loud voice coming from the speaker captured everyone’s attention. The attention is now averted to the center of the field, revealing Amber with Krystal standing face to face. Amber who is holding the mic, waving her hands to all directions. “Can I have your attention please? Thank you,” the player then gets down on her knees, while holding Krystal’s hand. “Will you be my prom date?” the action makes everyone awing to the duo. Krystal was shocked; she needs to close her gaping mouth. Amber than holds out the mic to Krystal, waiting for an answer. The younger shakes her head continuously, grinning. “Yes!” it earns hollers and cheers from the people for the two. Seulgi smiles a little for the two, but Irene didn’t look at the couple. She bore holes to Seulgi instead. Scoffing loudly,

 

 

 

“We aren’t done with our talk and you averted your attention towards them. I can’t believe you.” Irene walks away from the taller, not minding the calling from her. Seulgi follows Irene until she arrives at the parking lot, where the shorter’s car was parked. Actually, the couple didn’t come together that day, because Irene didn’t wait for Seulgi. Poor Seulgi that she needs to carpool with Jisoo and Jihoon to the school. Seulgi was being silent and only obeys for a long time, and this is getting out of hand.

 

 

 

“Irene, stop it right there!” Seulgi grabs the latter’s hand, making the said girl turns her body around. “What the hell, Seulgi!” “I’ve had enough! You need to tell me what’s going on now!” Seulgi holds Irene’s shoulder, looking straight to her eyes. “Is it wrong for me to care about my girlfriend? What did I do to you? I tried to catch your attention, but you’re giving me cold shoulder! You pretend like I didn’t exist! T-tell me what am I lacking... and I’ll try my best to be better than this.” Seulgi croaks weakly, looking down to her feet. “I don’t wanna see your face for now, Seulgi.” the taller swears that she hear her heart breaking. What’s more heart breaking is when Irene left her hanging, driving her car out of the school.

 

 

Seulgi’s broken that she cries silently, wondering. Is this the so-called ‘it’s complicated’ feels like?

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy returns to her bed, only to carry a box of tissue, giving it to the crying mess sitting at the corner of her bed. “Let it out, Seul. Let it all out.” Wendy pats her friend’s back, hoping that it will comfort the poor girl. “Why did she do this to me?? It’s have been three days..” Seulgi’s voice is muffled by the tissue and her hands covering her face, crying harder. Irene avoided her at school, like she’s an outcast to her.

 

Talk about Seulgi’s past, huh.

 

 

“Did you went to the third base?” Seulgi uncovers her face, looking at her best friend. “...what base?” “Uh.... the so called ‘it’s complicated’ stage?” “..I guess?” Wendy dramatically gasps, making the crying girl shot a weird look to her. “What?” “I thought you had known but.. she was seen with Bogum yesterday. I hate to be straightforward, but I think she’s leaving you---” “Leave me? What are you--” Seulgi pauses her words, staring at the floor. “No. Not until she says so.”

 

 

 

 

 

Irene is still drying her hair on the bathroom, until she hears someone opens her bedroom door. “Who is it? Jessica?” Irene switches off the hair dryer, putting it away before going out to her bedroom. Irene hitched her breath the moment she sees Seulgi stands in front of her, red eyes, cheeks wet of crying. “Sorry for disturbing you.” Seulgi bit her lip, afraid to look up to Irene. “I just wanna ask you one thing.. and I’ll go.”

 

“Do you love me, Irene?”

 

The question makes Irene widens her eyes to the taller. “What are you--”

 

“You treated me like how you used to, Irene. Like I’m a nobody and you even met Bogum yesterday? Seriously?”

 

“Listen, Seulgi, I--”

 

“No! You listen to me first! Do you love me, Irene?”

 

“I l-love you but--”

 

“But what, Irene? Am I nothing to you? What happened to those promises? What happened to those ‘i love you’s?”

 

“I love you so much, Seulgi!”

 

“But why do I feel like you don’t love me anymore?”

 

Irene froze.

 

 

“Why did you met him like you guys are still a couple?”

 

That’s when Irene thinks that sulking about the most pettiest and stupidest thing in the world is useless. She knows that she’d gone too far. Meeting Bogum yesterday was only to clear up things and be friends again, and how did Seulgi know?

 

 

“I.... I’m upset, Seulgi.”

 

“For what, may I ask?”

 

“About you’re not proposing me for prom.”

 

Seulgi looks at Irene like she had three head toppled on her head.

 

 

“What the hell? I’m sorry, but what the hell?

 

“I know I’m such an but--”

 

Irene’s words stopped when Seulgi crashes herself to her, hugging her tightly.

 

 

“It’s a relief. I’m glad that you still love me, Irene. Thank you.” Seulgi nuzzles her nose to Irene’s neck, smelling her scent. “I missed you so much...” Seulgi whispers to Irene, kissing her cheek. Irene stopped the taller’s action, making her leans away from Seulgi. “Wait...... you’re not mad?”

 

Seulgi shrugs, frowning. “Why would I get mad? As long as you love me, I won’t get mad at you.”

 

“Now..... since your mom is not at home,

 

 

Let’s fool around.”

 

“You’re a ert. Go away.”

 

Seulgi widens her eyes. “Wha-- I don’t mean by that! You’re the ert! Or you wanna do it?”

 

Irene pinches the former’s arm. “Shut up.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene feels that she don’t deserve Seulgi in her world. Seulgi is too perfect for her; just look at her when she laugh, that eye smile, those innocent look on her face and her slow response but fast learner, Irene just loves Seulgi too much. Even after the three days without touching and kissing her, Irene feels guilty that Seulgi didn’t mind her treating the taller like this.

 

 

 

“Why did you keep blanking, Irene?”

 

 

The couple are cuddling together in the cheerleader’s bed, making up for the three days they had suffered without each other’s warmth.

 

Irene snapped out from her thoughts, looking up at the concerned Seulgi. “I feel so guilty, babe...” The taller sighs happily, palming the former’s cheek. “Don’t think about it for a minute. Okay? Now, I’m going to get home because we have school tomorrow, right?” Irene pouts cutely, clinging to her girlfriend. “No.... I’ll miss you,” Seulgi takes her clothes scattered on the floor, wearing it quickly. She then walks to her girlfriend, placing a deep kiss before pulling out, making Irene totally locked her legs to the taller ones, not wanting to let her go. “Now you’re making things hard to leave you,” Seulgi whines but successfully lets go from Irene. “See you tomorrow, Irene!” The taller walks out from the room. “Hit me up when you’re home!” Irene hollered to the taller, hoping that she’ll hear her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

At the school’s library

 

 

 

 

Wendy joins Seulgi at her table, putting her books before sitting opposite from the latter. She expected Seulgi to be gloomy and had her eyes puffy, but here’s Seulgi...... grinning ear to ear? What’s worse, the taller even humming to a song. Wendy cleared slowly, not wanting to catch the old fart librarian’s attention.

 

“Do you patch things up with Bae?” Wendy whispers, wrinkling her forehead.

 

“W-we did make up...” Seulgi stutters, blushing wildly that Wendy freak out a bit, before knowing what Seulgi really meant.

 

“Ugh, I don’t wanna hear those things, Seul.”

 

“You act like you never do it with Joy, huh?” the taller wiggles her eyebrows, smirking when the shorter blushing too. “Shut the up, Seulgi.”

 

The said girl stifles a laugh, resuming her revision with Wendy.

 

The two does their own revision quietly, like how they usually do. This is how the few of those smart students in Garak High School studies together, helping each other with questions, and the two (especially Wendy) always gets hold back from the other students who needs a help for their difficult homework. Especially after the cafeteria incident happened, people are starting to appreciate Wendy’s presence in their school, and it’s making the brilliant girl feel more appreciated, she can’t be more thankful to her best friend; Seulgi. Now with Joy’s presence into her world; her first love in her 18 years of boring life. It’s true, what her mother said.

 

 

 

“True love is when you’re with an unexpected person in the unexpected time.”

 

 

 

Wendy remembers what her mom said but she decides to push away that thought, thinking that she’ll never find love because she thinks she’s not an attractive person, she likes wasting times on studying and gaming, she’s hopeless!

 

 

 

Wendy vividly remembered the time she fell in love with Joy, after Seulgi saved her from getting beaten up by Amber because she’s helping Joy solving her Math questions. Joy leaves the cafeteria, with Wendy following her from back, until she saw the taller enters to the school’s toilet. Thankfully, there were empty and Wendy’s frowning face softens as she hear a soft sobbing in one of the toilet cubicles. Wendy slowly pushes the cubicles’ doors one by one until she arrives at the second last cubicle. “Joy? Don’t cry.... it’s useless.” Wendy awkwardly reaches her hands out to the sobbing girl sitting on the toilet bowl, patting the latter’s head. To be honest, Wendy wasn’t that type of human that has ‘miracle words’ when someone is crying, it’s not her specialty and she wasn’t good with words too; it makes the situation a whole lot worse.

 

 

 

But what Joy did the next was really flabbergasting Wendy.

 

 

Joy immediately hugs her waist tightly, her voice muffled inside Wendy’s shirt but the shorter heard it with clarity.

 

 

 

 

 

“I was so scared...... I’m afraid you’ll get hurt if that big airhead knocks you up....”

 

 

Huh?

 

 

 

Wendy was a stuttering mess at that time. There’s this thing that makes her heart beats loudly and quickly, like she just finished a run. It’s the first feeling she had since birth, she never experience such feeling. Being a ignorant as she is, she put aside the feeling, only thinking how to calm the taller clinging to her that time.

 

“Uh..... now I’m here, right? I’m fine, so don’t worry...” Wendy pulls Joy away from her body as she wipes Joy’s wet face with her fingers, smiling brightly. “Now, let’s wash your face, okay? We wouldn’t want for everyone to see that I made you be a crybaby,” Wendy giggles when Joy rolls her eyes, washing her face before going to the cafeteria together.

 

 

 

 

It’s like a cliche love story for Joy, but it’s a new feeling for Wendy; they became close to each other, talking more and more after school, calling and messaging each other in the morning and before sleeping, until Wendy realizes those feeling is love. With Seulgi and Irene’s help (mostly Irene) they give some tips on how to get Joy; take her to the theme park, start to talk longer after school, lunch/dinner for only the two of them, and gave Joy a chocolate on Valentine’s Day!

 

Like a magic, it works and Wendy finally confessed to Joy, and they have been together since then. Wendy is so thankful to Seulgi, because if Seulgi didn’t fought with her, Joy will never notice her. Joy will never say hi to her and wanted her to become Joy’s tutor on Math. And if Seulgi didn’t save her from Amber and runs to Joy....

 

She’ll never felt what is love.

 

What does it feels to have someone that she could cherish not from her family.

 

Wendy is and always thankful for Seulgi’s existence in her life.

 

 

 

Seulgi is scratching her head with her pen before scooting closer to Wendy. “Uh, can I see your answer for this theorem? I don’t feel confident with my answer.....” Seulgi whispers to Wendy while handing the said question to her. Wendy stops her revision, now paying attention to her friend. “Let me see......” The shorter scans the questions, before mumbles calculations, and finally showing the steps to Seulgi.

 

“Your answer is incorrect because you miscounted this number, Seul.” Wendy points the said number to Seulgi, who is caressing her nape. “Oh, I did a careless mistake.... Thanks, Wen.” The shorter shrugs carelessly, “It’s fine. Now, let’s go to the senior hall to meet our girlfriends, shall we?” with that, the best friends put their belongings on their bag, leaving the library. “Did you ask Irene to be your prom date yet?”

 

“I... didn’t ask her yet, but I will. Soon. What about you?”

 

“I did. But Joy only laughed at my face, because she said ‘I just asked her a rhetorical question’.” Wendy snorts thinking back how Joy cutely laughed in her face and kisses her. Seulgi suddenly stop her feet, making Wendy did too. “Why? Do you forget something?” “No, actually, I had a great idea! Uh, can you go without me? I need to go to the rooftop. Bye!” Seulgi quickly leaves Wendy hanging, hollering at her. “What business do you have at the rooftop? It’s full of plants!” but Seulgi didn’t look back as she sprints to the stairs.

 

 

 

 

Wendy lifts her eyebrows. “What was that all about? Uh, nevermind...” The shorter proceeds to the hall anyway, before greeting the cheerleaders leaning at the students locker. “Hey, Wendy! He-- Oh? Where’s Seulgi?” Wendy shrugs her shoulder, standing next to her girlfriend. “I don’t know. She went to the rooftop.” Irene pouts at the answer, now fishing out her phone.

 

 

where have you been? i miss you already

bunnyhyunie><

 

 

sorry babe. i need to do something. let’s just meet at lunch, okay? i’ll text you in class later. love you <3

seulgommie·~·

 

 

 

Irene only pouts the entire class even though Seulgi did text her in between classes, but she missed her girlfriend. Irene curses at herself for not being in the same class at all with Seulgi. So she just waits for the lesson to finish, before the ring bells, telling that it’s lunchtime. Irene quickly exits the classroom, proceeds to the cafeteria while holding a cute medium-sized bento box with her. (bento is a single portion home-packed/take out meal, and it’s common in Japanese cuisine.) Irene makes this special for Seulgi, because lately, she notices how the taller skips her lunch and how thin Seulgi is and she wants to make food for her girlfriend, so that she can feed her with her own cooking. Irene is willing to learn how to cook with her mother, and now she can cook a few dishes (mostly Seulgi’s favourite) thanks to Inha.

 

Irene sits and wait for Seulgi to come, and wondering where the hell is her girlfriend.

 

 

Meanwhile at five tables away from Irene’s table......

 

“Don’t let her wait, Seulgi!”

 

“I--I know but--”

 

“Ugh, don’t be a now. Come, let me take you,”

 

 

Seulgi is sweating when Jisoo holds her arms, taking her to stand behind Irene. Seulgi is pale now, and Jisoo is shouting. “Can I have your attention please?” it makes Irene looks at her back, noticing her pale girlfriend and a shouting Jisoo, but her shouts didn’t caught many attention. “Hey!!!”Jisoo’s shouting finally makes everyone looks at the center of the cafeteria, giving their fullest attention. “My friend here wants to say something.” Jisoo says before patting Seulgi’s shoulder, nodding to her before sitting at another table. Seulgi understands the nod, taking a deep breath as she holds out a bouquet of purple daisies she was hiding on her back, receiving a gasp from Irene. “Irene Bae Joohyun, will you be my prom date?” the propose makes everyone in the cafeteria ‘aww’ing at the couple, cheering for them.

 

Irene slowly stands up while cupping , a bit touched at Seulgi’s action. “Yes, you silly!” Irene giggles cutely, hugging the taller. Everyone coos again at the couple, before slowly doing back their own business.

 

The couple are now sitting at their table, when Wendy, Joy, Yeri and Saeron are joining them. “I didn’t know you have a romantic girlfriend, Irene.” Joy teases the said girl. “Hopeless. She’s a hopeless romantic,” Yeri cackles and giving Joy a high-five. “Sappy Seulgi now, huh?” Wendy joins the teasing, making Irene shields her girlfriend from her friends. “Stop! You’re making my baby embarrassed!” The two couples laugh at the blushing bear, looking away from them but to Irene. “You made this?” Seulgi beams excitedly, making the shorter pinches her cheek. “Uh-huh. Share with me,” The cheerleader says, opening the bento lid. Seulgi gasps excitedly as she sees the cutely decorated food inside the bento box. “Wow~ this is too cute, I can’t eat this Irene,” the said girl refuses as she scoops a bit of food using a spoon. “Open up, babe,” Seulgi did what she was told, letting the food shove inside , munching cutely. Irene squeals cutely as she pecks her girlfriend’s cheek.

 

 

Joy, Wendy and Yeri are watching the couple with disgust, fakes a barfing in front of the two. “Get a room, Seulgi...” Wendy rolls her eyes, sipping her cola. “You act like you never did.. Oh, by the way, Joy, Yeri, can you guys follow me to shopping after practice? I need to get the perfect dress for prom!” Irene exclaims, eating the baby carrot on her bento box.

Seulgi frowns, looking at Irene. “You don’t want to go with me?”

 

Irene shakes her head. “I’m sorry, because I want to surprise you~”

 

“Fine, fine. Let’s eat,” with that, they spend the lunch with a few jokes, and a great laugh from all of them.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

It is three days before the prom night, and the girls are going wild about their dresses and most of the girls in Irene’s school had a date to go, and it makes everyone excited to go.

 

Like this trio...

 

 

“I look like I’m dressing for the Golden Nugget.”

 

“I look like a balloon!”

 

“Gosh, this is so revealing....I don’t wanna look like a ,”

 

The cheerleaders are picking their dresses for the prom night, and it’s have been an hour since they entered the costume shop. The girls are going to a high end shop, because they’re afraid that they’ll pick the same dress like anyone else at the prom. The vividly remembers Ryujin’s dress was same like Kei’s one. Thankfully those sleeveless dress made Ryujin wore her expensive fur coat, even inside the ballroom so not so many people noticed it.

 

 

 

“Joy, did Wendy brought my Seulgi together with her?” Irene is busy searching for a dress, and taking out one that interests her. “Yeah, she did. I wonder what they’ll wear for the night...”

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile at Kai’s house...

 

 

“I don’t wanna wear a dress for prom, I guess I’ll be wearing a woman suit--- Ooh! Let’s choose together!” Seulgi suggests brightly, making the girl beside her jolts a bit, shocked because her friend’s sudden outburst.

 

“Okay then..... um, can I ask you something?”

 

“What is it?” Seulgi is busy playing her Call of Duty, pausing the game.

 

 

“If I win this round, can you treat me a suit? Not that I’m broke, but I wanna make this game more interesting....”

 

Seulgi smirks mischievously, lifting her eyebrows to the shorter. “And if I win, you’ll treat me? Fair enough, I’ll make sure I win then.”

 

The two give themselves their best shot, playing with energy boosting out of their body. After 40 minutes (or more, they didn’t notice how long) the winner is finally revealed.

 

 

“Whooooo!!!! Now who’s the winner huh, me~~” the winner is jumping excitedly, laughing as she wins the round

 

“Oh my god, I can’t believe I’ll lost to this brainiac....” the loser is bawling a fist with her hands, grabbing her hair.

 

Wendy laughs at Seulgi’s act, now patting her friends’ head. “Aw, there, there. Don’t worry, I won’t pick a suit that is too expensive~” Seulgi should feel relieved with what her friend said but.... she feel worse.

 

 

“Let’s go, then!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The day has finally come. Wendy brought her suit to Seulgi’s house and prepare for the prom.

 

“I’m really curious with their dress. Joy won’t tell me a clue!” Wendy pouts, tying her necktie. Seulgi then comes beside Wendy, looking at herself on the big mirror. “Irene too.... I’m getting more curious, though. She said that I will bawl my eyes out if I see her wearing the dress. Hard to say that I’m curious... she wanted for me to wear a dark red suit.”

Seulgi shrugs her shoulders as she buttons her coat. “How do I look?” Seulgi spreads her arms wide, showing her appearance. “You look good,” Wendy nods, taking her clutch bag lying on Seulgi’s bed. “Joy is at Irene’s house, right?” “Uh-huh. Let’s go then.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment when Seulgi rings the doorbell, she takes a deep breath first before waiting anxiously, holding Wendy’s hands beside her.

 

 

 

Mrs. Bae opens the door, flashing her warm smile to the duo. “Come inside, the girls had been waiting for you,” The older opens the door widely, giving the duo to enter the house. As soon as they laid their eyes on the center of the spacious living room, they jaws hung low as they look at their girlfriends.

 

 

 

“Don’t stare for too long, girls.” Irene teases the two, walking to her girlfriend. She then smooths the wrinkles on Seulgi’s white shirt. “You look so handsome yet so pretty, babe.” Irene is wearing a cap sleeve lace mermaid maroon dress, revealing her back. Irene whispers to herself ‘thank god’ that her girlfriend’s suit matching with her dress. For Wendy, she only wears a simple horizontal lines grey shirt with black jacket and black dress pants, with Joy who wears classic burgundy red long dress. Quite simple, but pretty.

 

 

The couples are staring at each other, until the oldest in the house breaks the silence. “Alright! Can you guys stand over there? I need to snap some pictures of you girls,” The said girls just do what they were told, looking at the older. “Smile everyone! Say kimchi!” The older says before taking few pictures using her phone.

 

 

 

 

After saying goodbye to Irene’s parents, the couple walks out from the house. Wendy and Joy are going with Wendy’s car, while Seulgi and Irene are going with Irene’s car.

 

 

“Why are you so speechless? Say something babe~” Irene hugs her girlfriends arm who is driving her car. “You just...... look pretty tonight. I don’t know what to say.” Seulgi chuckles shyly, smiling.

 

 

 

Honestly, Irene is too beautiful, too fragile to her. Seulgi is starting to feel insecure being with Irene.

 

 

 

Damn you negative thoughts.

 

 

No, no.

 

You deserve her, Seulgi.

 

You’re gonna love this woman forever, and nothing is stopping you.

 

 

 

“Seulgi, baby? Are you okay?” Irene seems a bit worried when the taller’s frowning, looking at the road. She then brings her hand to Seulgi’s arm, giving a calming massage. “Is everything alright? Talk to me...” The car stopped at the traffic light, and Seulgi is looking at the shorter. “Nothing it’s just... I felt insecure seeing you so pretty.” The taller sighs as she takes her girlfriend’s hand, kissing it lovingly. “Aw, don’t be. You know that I love you, right?” the shorter then hugs her girlfriend, before pulling away. “Don’t frown. I don’t like seeing you unhappy like this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Later, at the ballroom.

 

 

 

The parking lot is crowded with cars and teenagers talking to each other, you can hear them gasp dramatically when their friends finally reached them, and those happy comments like ‘you’re so pretty!!’ ‘oh my god he’s drop dead handsome... save me ㅠㅠ her dress is beautiful, i wonder where shed bought that! and everything you could imagine it would be. The cliques are now on the front side of the parking lot, where the hot cheerleaders, school star players and rich students are hanging out.

 

 

 

“Wendy! Where’s Seulgi?” Amber greets the said girl, bumping fists with her. Wendy turns her head everywhere, finding her best friend. “I don’t know... I thought she’s already here?” “Oh, speak of the devil. There they are,” Jisoo points at the roofless car entering the parking lot.

 

 

 

The car finally arrives and everyone watches the car pull into the space beside Wendy’s car. Seulgi gets out first from the car, only to open the passenger’s door, revealing Irene who is getting out from the car. The clique hollers and cheering at the couple. “Wow....... you look so beautiful, Irene!!” Jisoo gasps, totally amazed with the former’s look that night. Who didn’t fangirl at Irene Bae? She’s the most beautiful girl in high school’s history, no one can fight about this.

 

The cliques then enters the big ballroom. The interior makes you feel like you’re in a Disney story, with all the big and beautiful chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. The food buffet are delicious too, their school is really treating the seniors good this year, or maybe because they’ll lose a great bunch of their precious athletes and..... Irene? No one knows.

 

 

 

The girls are having fun now, feeding themselves with some good food and Seulgi has become a punchaholic (again) until it is time to dance. “Let’s go, Seulgi!” Irene stands up from her chair excitedly, holding Seulgi’s hand tightly. Seulgi just standing for a few seconds until Irene gripping tightly, running to the center of the dance floor. “Be patient, god....” The couple laughs amusingly, moving to the group of people dancing with their dates.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi wraps her hands to the shorter’s waist, and she wraps her hands to the taller’s neck. As the song starts to play, “They’re playing a good song, don’t you think?” Irene lets out a giggle, while swaying her body left and right, following the rhythm. Seulgi smiles cheekily, nodding. “Yeah. It’s better than your playlist you gave me yesterday.” The taller laughs when Irene smacks her shoulder, frowning. “You just said this morning you love that playlist.” “Oh, really? I lied.” Irene struggles to escape from Seulgi’s arms but the latter holds her waist tighter. “I’m just joking, babe....” Seulgi grins brightly when she sees her girlfriend sulking. Irene’s pouting mouth is like a duck, someone can put a hanger to already. The pout is vanished when the taller place a short kiss to her. “You’re lucky that I adore you.” They snuggles their foreheads together, gazing each other lovingly. “Don’t look at me like that, I look a mess.” Irene shyly looking at her girlfriend who is staring her with extra spilling love on her. “You look beautiful, baby.” Seulgi caresses her girlfriend’s cheek, and the latter hums in satisfaction because of the warm gesture. “You too. You’re beautiful but you look dashing I can’t choose,”

 

 

“I love you.” Seulgi can’t keep the words to herself, feeling that she’s the luckiest person on earth to fell in love with someone like Irene.

 

The shorter caressing her nose on Seulgi’s one, sighing happily. “I love you more.”

 

 

 

The couple decided to escape from the ballroom and went to their car instead, opening the car roof, looking at the night sky. The couple are sitting at the backseat, their faces off like no one’s looking. Irene’s hand caressing Seulgi’s arm make the heated session come to an end.

 

“Why’d you stop?” Irene says breathlessly, holding the taller close.

 

“Rene, have you ever think of what’s gonna happen in the future?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“You know.... Sometimes I feel like, scared of the future. My parents are getting old, and my brother’s gonna attend high school next year, while me.... nothing’s happened.”

 

Irene faces her lover, caressing her delicate hands on Seulgi’s cheek. “Nothing’s happened, my . You saw me at the mall freaking out about my mom’s suede dress, which was stupid when I think back. We made an agreement, we fake dated and I eventually fall in love with you, Seulgi.” Irene lets a pout, obviously sulking. Seulgi kisses away the pout on the shorter’s face.

 

“Of course I know that. You know, if you ignore me that day, none of this will happen. I won’t have the courage to be with you, even though we’re still fake dating back then. And then, happens. I’m so drunk with the attention I got from those cliques. Thank you for bringing me back to reality, Irene.” Seulgi smiles sincerely to the almost crying Irene, giving a peck to the latter.

 

“And thank you too.”

 

“For....for what?”

 

“For loving me.” The answer makes the couple smiles.

 

 

No one would’ve thought that Irene will love someone that truly cares about her, sometimes mischievous but always telling her that she’s beautiful. It was one of her wildest dreams; to get someone who is going to be there whenever you’re having mood swing, someone who have the same taste of movies and songs, someone who she wanted to reveal her sacred poems and never judge her, someone who will always makes her heart thumping loudly every time they send her a message and unexpected calls, someone who is never tired of her.

 

 

And that someone is the most unexpected person that never crossed her mind before when it comes to think about an ideal partner for her; Kang Seulgi. Months ago, she only knew Seulgi because she’s the one that mow the residence’s lawns and a total nerd. Honestly, Seulgi was always tried to say hi to her whenever she’s alone when the nerd mowing her lawn and the cheerleader was back from practicing, but she ignores her. She never thought that Seulgi is the one.

 

 

They vow to themselves in their heart, that they will love each other unconditionally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

another a/n; gonna go back hiding now,,,, lol bye for now