Ch. 01

My Warm Sunny Winter Vacation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Connecting flight with more than an hour layover is invented by someone from hell, I am very sure of it. I thought as I stir the chicken noodles that I’ve bought in the dodgy looking food store in the airport. I am very hungry and this is the only store that’s open when I’ve arrived in this airport, all other ones are annoyingly plastered with a big “CLOSED” sign on their counter, I can’t blame them though, it’s already 1:30 and my hungry pet residing in my stomach couldn’t care less about how dodgy looking the food store is.

 

“Hey, come eat with us pretty lady!” said one of the two airport security personnels with a very heavy accent, they are currently having their meal at the table in front of mine.

 

As if travelling for 5 hours isn’t enough, I just really have to encounter ty men like these while trying to enjoy this dodgy bowl of ramen, I sighed to myself as I slowly massaged my glabella using my middle finger. This effectively shut up the ty men next table.

 

“So, let’s see SuAh, your next flight is at 8:00 so you still have 4 hours to rest, wash at 6:00, see flight update and get to your gate at 6:30 so you won’t have to rush later on.” I murmured to myself as I  scribbled the said self plan to my mini notebook. I am always like this, I seem to be so lost without any plans in life, it always have to be organized. I always have to be ready no matter what happens, this explains why I also love making scenarios in my head so that if all else fails, I still have something planned as my safety exit to every situations, every thing has to be calculated.

 

I headed to the facility where premium ticket holders are welcome to stay, sleep, buffet, charge their gadgets and shower. I opened my phone and saw a number of messages but neither of them are from my parents in Seoul nor my siblings in Perth. I thought they’re probably fast asleep now but I sent all of them an update regarding my whereabouts anyway, I wouldn’t want to wake up to my mom bombarding my phone the moment she wakes up just because I didn’t sent them a message.

 

It’s been 5 years since the last time I came back home, I would be lying if I say that I didn’t miss home one bit. My older sister always tells my parents about how I never cried nor showed any signs of homesickness even in the first few months in Perth, my parents nonchalantly answered about how I’ve always been the strong and reliable one, nothing can faze me. It was the image that I programmed in their minds and there is no other person to blame but me whenever I want them to baby me but can’t show it, because then they will get scared that their perfect strong daughter is not so perfect and strong at all, she’s actually weak and will end up just like him.

 

 

 

I successfully got my baggage from the baggage carousel and chuck them in the trolley, I felt my phone vibrating in the pocket of my coat and so I tried to pick it up with my right hand while trying to push the heavy trolley using my other hand.

 

The call was from my mom and she told me that they’re gonna be late because my father is having trouble in breathing, he got very excited and was very hyperactive as usual, he was the one who cleaned my old room instead of our house cleaner which lead to his trouble in breathing, his mitral valve is not working anymore and so his doctor always tells him to tone down his movements, always rest and never do strenuous activities.

 

 

I decided to just wait at Coffee Works, I ordered a sandwich and a glass of water, I’m not really hungry yet but I decided to order something anyway because then they won’t have a reason to kick me out or something.

 

I was scrolling through my twitter when I saw someone’s hand waving just inches away from my face trying to catch my attention so I lifted my head, removed my earphones and gave my full attention to the young man in front of me.

 

 

“I…I was just wondering…if I could sit here? I’m just waiting for my friends so…” I was eyeing every detail of the young man in front of me, it was every girl my age would do if they would come in contact with someone as beautiful as him, okay? his eyebrows, broad shoulders and tall stature makes him appear as someone stern but it isn’t difficult to tell that he’s a whole baby, he even kept on trailing while attempting to ask me about the seat in this two seated table I’m currently in.

 

I stared at him straight in the eye and answered “Go ahead.” I was probably lost in his beauty that I forgot that he talked to me in Korean and so I should have answered in Korean and not English.

 

Basic human etiquette, Suah! I mentally slapped myself but then I decided to just brush off that small mistake, we won’t be seeing each other after this anyway.

 

“Are you from Australia as well?” I heard the young man say in English this time but with the distinct accent same to mine.

 

“Perth” I answered as I lift my head again to face the young man now seated in front of me.

 

“I’m from Melbourne! Sehun, by the way. Oh Sehun.” the Sehun guy raised his right hand and gave me his cutest eye smile.

 

“Suah. Moon Suah.”  I eyed his hand and it must’ve been too long for anyone’s comfort that Sehun scratched his head using his left hand while saying “D-Don’t worry, my hands are clean, I just washed them minutes ago.”

 

I just muttered an Oh that was probably only heard by me before holding his slightly trembling right hand using my left hand, it was probably trembling because it’s been waiting for a handshake for quite a while now.

 

“So, are you here for a holiday or?…” I decided to start the conversation this time in an attempt to make up for my prior actions, he probably thinks I’m rude. You can’t blame me though,

 

 I’m borderline germophobic.

 

“Just for a holiday, will head back to straya when summer holiday is over. It’s winter right now in here though.” Sehun grimaced as he emphasized his dislike to Seoul’s winter season by hugging himself.

 

“Yeah, I prefer warm sunny days too.” I said before giving him a small smile. Sehun caught sight of the first smile I’ve ever given off for today, he probably knows it because he let out a contented sigh before giving me one of his cute eyesmile again.

 

“My parents are already here, it was nice talking to you. See you around.” I said as I stood up from the chair I’ve been sitting on for the past hour. Sehun in return smiled back and did a small wave using his big hand. “See you around.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter