Chapter 2

Irene The Vampire Slayer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Joohyun, or whom she preferred to be called as Irene, has a dark history with vampires. At only 9 years old, the girl had to watch her whole family getting their blood out in front of her. Irene and her family were just going back home from their weekly dine out when they were attacked by a group of vampires just as they were on their way to the parking lot. Unfortunately, the vampire hunters were a little bit too late as 9-year-old Irene was the only survivor of the horrible attack.

 

Because of the incident, the black-haired girl swore to herself that she would be a vampire hunter once she reached her legal age.

 

However, her relationship with werewolves are neutral. Due to the fact that she had never encountered one before and they never really caused disturbance around the small town.

 

Being a vampire hunter is never easy, especially when dozens of vampires roam freely on the town. Plus, they have superpowers which can easily kill mortals. But, it’s not a hindrance for Irene as she always finds her way to kill those supernatural creatures. Don’t get her wrong. Irene only kill vampires who other human’s blood or those who causes ruckus on the human world. Those nice vampires? She doesn’t mend in their business.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Irene lived with her grandmother after the death of her whole family. The elderly woman was too old to take care of her granddaughter. So Irene basically lived alone, taking care of herself and at the same time self-teach herself martial arts and the act of killing those blood vampires. She doesn’t want to cause worry and hardship to her grandmother so she saved a little bit of money her parents left for her, plus from her aunts and uncles. Once she reached legal age, she bought a small apartment few hours away from her grandmother’s house and bought some basic weapons to kill vampires.

 

She started taking requests at just 19 years old, earned a lot of money and moved into a bigger, more comfortable apartment. Bought more advanced weapons and continued her journey of being a vampire hunter.

 

Irene was so used to live alone till she made a barrier around herself of whom to interact with, are they safe or not, can they be trusted or not. And now that she was basically forced to work with a witty, computer genius lady who looked like she barely reached legal age, Irene doesn’t know what to belief in anymore.

 

Both of the women; whom are now partners, was at one of the well-suited man’s empty room in his building – who introduced himself as Mino after the vampire hunter accepted the deal – were looking for any information about the vampire lord’s identity.

 

The room was well equipped with a big oval table full of chairs, with big computer monitors on the wall, possibly for Wendy and some weapons to kill vampires, possibly for Irene. The room was a bit too spacious for latter’s liking, however.

 

They were keeping quiet as Wendy was busy typing into her computer, looking at some surveillance cameras and some random human-like vampires. Irene, on the other hand was looking at the files Mino gave her earlier today.

 

“So, what made you a vampire hunter?” The hacker decided to break the silence.

 

Irene, however doesn’t like where the conversation is going.

 

“I’m sure we’re not on that phase yet, Wendy.” She shrugged Wendy’s question off dispassionately. Flipping through the files a little bit aggressively. The latter however wasn’t intimidated with Irene’s actions.

 

“Might as well get used to my nosiness. You’re stuck with me for weeks, maybe months.” The brown-haired woman said as she rotated her chair away from the computer and glided her way to the table, across the vampire hunter.

 

“Moving on.” Irene changed the topic easily. “What information have you collected so far?”

 

“We have two weeks to identify him before the next blue moon and a month before the blood moon appears. Once the blue moon ends, we have little to no chance of successfully killing him.” Wendy muttered, playing with the papers scattered all over the big table. She kept picking and throwing some random printed pictures. Her childish actions made Irene held her breath and silently prayed that she would live to the end of day, ignoring every annoying actions of the latter.

 

“We can ask for help from werewolves.” The vampire hunter shared her idea to the other woman. “I’m sure they’ll agree.”

 

Wendy choked on air, immediately stopped herself from trashing the papers and looked at Irene with a ‘are-you-serious’ stare. “Werewolves are dangerous.”

 

“I’m not afraid of them.”

 

“Well, you should be.” The shorter of the two muttered under her breath, hoping that Irene didn’t catch her words. Unfortunately, the latter did.

 

“What are you implying, Wendy?”

 

“Nothing.” Wendy said, trying to change the topic. Irene has no chance to reply the brown-haired woman as the latter immediately opened to say something. “Anyway, this is the only information we have about his followers.”

 

The hacker than gave Irene a printed picture of a man under the stacks of papers scattered by the latter. She immediately looked at the image. The man inside the captured photo looks human but he doesn’t wear any holy stuffs, the first sign of a vampire

 

“He always goes to the night bar across town, almost everyday.” Wendy said out of nowhere as she kept on staring at Irene who was looking intently at the photograph.

 

“How do you know that he’s a follower of the vampire lord? He might be some other normal vampire.”

 

“I’ve been researching about this for months, Irene. And I noticed some of the vampires have this symbol on their forearm. It looks something like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter