【❀】

at dawn's light

 

 knocks were heard from your bedroom door, and you rose from your sleep. you noticed that the sky is still a pale peach, meaning it was far too early to be up. "come in." you mumbled, sleep still heavy on your voice. you were expecting it to be a maid, perhaps waking you for an early breakfast so it would be an understatement to say you were shocked to see your fiancé in the doorway instead. you turned your head and rubbed your eyes. "min? what are you doin' up so early?" you didn't care about sounding elegant at the moment;  you were still sleepy and had known jaemin long enough that you knew talking formally wasn't a concern of his. 

 "waking you up, angel!" he replies with a grin. "now, get ready, we're going to have an adventure!" he declares, a certain sense of finality in his tone. 

 you raised an eyebrow. "now minnie, you know that isn't very smart. we may not have plans today, but we'll both be in meeting for the rest of tommrow, so we should be preparin -" you're cut off by jaemin sunddenly shushing you. 

 "let's forget about our crowns, just for today." jaemin held out his hand, a smile dancing on his features. you sighed, knowing that you can't say no to him. you took his extended arm and let him pull you out of bed and into a warm hug. "thank you, love! we'll have lots of fun, i promise~" you nodded before gentlely nudging out of your room so you could get dressed. 

-

 as soon as you stepped out the door, jaemin began showering you in compliments: "you look beautiful today. but, i shouldn't be surprised, you always do!" he laughed, noticing your pink dusted cheeks. those cheesey lines of his always managed to make you blush, and he loved that. he looked nice himself, despite his rather simple attire. he was dressed in a dark pink turtleneck, a plain grey hoodie and a short, brown trenchcoat with black jeans. 

 "you look nice yourself, nana." you replied with a small smile, happily taking the offer of holding his hand. you and him walked to the limo, talking animatedly between yourselves.

 you arrive at your car, and jaemin whispers the location to the driver. "hm, where are we going?" you asked, curious peaked by the secrecy. 

 he hummed lightly before he shook his head. "sorry, i can't tell you, it supposed to be a secret!" he opened the car door for you and waited until you entered before stepping in himself. you pouted, in attempts to convince him to tell you. he chuckled. "i'm sorry princess, but no matter how cute you pout, i can't tell you." he placed a quick kiss on your forehead before begining to excitededly point out all the scenery passing through the tinted windows. 

-

 quickly enough, the car came to a stop, right in front of a picturesque forest. as your eyes sparkled in quiet amazement, jaemin had grabbbed something from the trunk of the car. "c'mon, the sun is about to rise!" once you left the car, you noticed jaemin was setting up a picnic. after setting down the blanket, he patted the spot beside him. as soon as you sat down beside him, he entertwined your hands and you rested your head on his shoulder. you two sat there, watching the sunrise, pleased by just being there with each other. 

 "i love you so much," jaemin murmurs, leaning down to place a kiss on your lips. it starts out feather light, a gentle touch of his lips onto yours; but he soon deepened it, though it still remained blissfully sweet. he pulled away, a warm blush covering his cheeks, which you were sure mirrored your own. "so, so much."