Ways of Cuddling

Art of Cuddling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all, and happy Seulrene day. This month’s oneshot is about Seulrene and various cuddling positions, as there’s just no way those two haven’t been cuddled up somewhere, Plus it’s a cute idea. Enjoy


 

Bae Joohyun is a simple woman. She doesn’t ask for a whole lot from her longtime love and partner Kang Seulgi, as the monolid love of her life already treats her very much like a Queen in all the ways that count. Seulgi is warm, kind, thoughtful, and Joohyun knows how very lucky she is to have found a partner that completes her in all ways. If there’s anything Joohyun really and truly craves it is affection in the physical sense. She craves the touch of her significant other and it causes her some sort of distress if she doesn’t get it, of course she plays it cool and wouldn’t let Seulgi really know that. Joohyun has always known from the beginning how less touchy Seulgi is compared to herself. Where she would display her love in affections through seeking out physical touch. Whether it was through simple hand holding or back hugging. Seulgi was opposite in which she could easily express her affection through her words or other actions.

 

However, over the years spent together Joohyun could see how Seulgi would try and be more physically affectionate with her. It was so cute in the early stages with her girlfriend trying to reach for her hand, but pulling away in the end. Or the times where Seulgi would get randomly bold moments and wrap her arms around Joohyun in tight hugs that showed off her nerves. It’s been awhile since those days and it is a lot better. There is something that Joohyun wants right now in this moment as they prepare for bed. She can see her slightly taller partner on her side of the bed getting into pajamas and preparing for bed. Joohyun folds her arms across her chest and waits to see if Seulgi will notice.

 

“She should notice after all these years.” The dark-haired woman thinks to herself. Seulgi turns around to see the way her girlfriend is staring at her. She doesn’t look angry or anything which is a good sign.

 

“Um…” The monolid woman starts.

 

“I hope you’re not going to bed just like that, sweetie.”

 

In truth Seulgi was indeed ready for bed. She has her pajamas on and is certainly ready to sleep. Joohyun is looking at her with expectation, so something’s up.

 

“Yeah, I was. I…”

 

“You’re not going to sleep without cuddling me!”

 

“W-What?” Seulgi stutters out and nearly chokes on her spit. Is that why her girlfriend is looking at her with question, because of cuddling. Now Seulgi knows how much Joohyun loves touch. She is without a doubt one of the most extremely touchy-feely people the monolid woman has ever met. Her girlfriend isn’t like this with just anyone, however. She’s only really like this with people she’s comfortable with and Seulgi recognized early on that Joohyun and her need for touch with her was not to be taken for granted. Seulgi felt wanted and needed by Bae Joohyun because of how she sought out her touch. Few people could say that.

 

“But, Hyun…”

 

“No, I want to cuddle.” She says with a too cute pout that instantly warms Seulgi’s heart. This woman is three years older than her but can still be such a baby. It’s an endearing quality that Seulgi has come to adore.

 

“We didn’t cuddle last night. I want to cuddle tonight, honey.”

 

“Oh, boy…” The taller woman knows she’s a goner. Anytime Joohyun uses those affectionate pet names she is always helpless. It doesn’t help matters that the way Joohyun’s voice sounds to her ears is just so pleasing. Before meeting the raven Seulgi was positive hearing her name said from someone’s lips hadn’t ever sounded so good.

 

“Hyun?”

 

“Cuddles, baby. I want cuddles.” Joohyun takes a hold of her arm and into bed they go. Seulgi will do as Joohyun wants of course. She always does for the most part. Seulgi knows her partner very well. They know each other and there’s often times no words need to be spoken for them to understand one another. Seulgi usually knows how Joohyun wants to be cuddled. It’s why she lays flat on her back and brings her girlfriend to her for a half spoon position. Joohyun immediately settles down and places her head onto the monolid woman’s chest. She runs her fingers through blonde locks and whispers what sounds like. “Was that so hard?”

 

Seulgi smiles softly and kisses the top of her head. Joohyun is a simple woman with basic needs. All you need to do is give her the right amount of closeness, touch, warmth, and affection.

 

“Hey, Hyun.” Seulgi speaks into the darkness a while into their cuddling.

 

“Hm?” Joohyun yawns in acknowledgement. She can easily drift off to sleep when her girl is holding her, so tonight she’s feeling content and ready for bed.

 

“I love you.”

 

Seulgi can feel her smiling against her chest before the shorter woman does say she loves her too. In the morning they both wake up refreshed and happy to be in one another’s arms. The half-spoon position is only one such cuddling position the couple have. One of Joohyun’s absolute favorite cuddling positions is and always will be spooning. She remembers fondly how awkward Seulgi was the first time she tried to engage them in that type of cuddling.

 

(Flashback)

 

They’ve only been dating for 6 months now. But they’ve been a wonderful 6 months spending time getting to know one another. Their fun date nights out to movies, arcades, and late nights getting ice cream. As well as date nights in just the two of them watching movies usually on the couch. Joohyun is hopeful that tonight Seulgi will stay the night with her, even if it’s just for some cuddling. She is hopeful and when Seulgi agreed to staying the night the older woman felt sure they would be able to at least cuddle. She’s noticed that Seulgi is a lot more reserved than she is as far as touching. Joohyun accepts that about her girlfriend, but does hope with time that can change.

 

“Seul, babe. We’ve been together awhile now, right?”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi nods. “6 months, why?”

 

“Well, it’s just we’ve been together for some time, and I would really like if my girlfriend would cuddle me.”

 

“Cuddle?”

 

“Yes, I know you’re not as openly touchy as I am, babe. I don’t want to pressure you either. But maybe we can try?”

 

The monolid woman agrees mostly as Joohyun looks so hopeful and adorable smiling at her. She’s never cuddled anyone in her life, though. But it can’t he hard, right? All she has to do is hug her girlfriend.

 

“Babe?” Joohyun nudges her. “Here, like this.” The shorter woman eventually tells her and guides her arms around her waist.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyun.” Seulgi admits when they lay down and Joohyun adjusts their position so the taller woman is holding her securely around the waist. “I’ve never really had someone to cuddle with. But this feels nice.”

 

Joohyun turns to her and smiles. She knows how different this is for Seulgi, and she does appreciate the effort in trying. Joohyun has a good feeling they will be just fine.

 

“I know, Seul. I know you’re trying and I don’t want you to be anything other than yourself. I won’t lie that your arms feel so good around me.” She sighs out in content in suc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter