One

Scarlet Memories (CHANBAEK)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s nearly three in the morning and Chanyeol is still sat at his desk, programming his new game ‘Scarlet.’ The game is set early in South Korea and you have to help the Prince progress through his life while you fight all his sworn enemies and keep him safe. Every time you kill an enemy, you earn kill points which help you level up.

This game is a lot more complex in respect to the ones he makes for his ten year old sister Yura. He makes her simple dress up ones and fashion games, which is one thing she loves.

“Channie?” He hears a voice as his bedroom door creeks open. A young girl with sleepy eyes and long brown hair stares at him.

He peers up from above his three computer screens and stands up. “Yura? You should be asleep. What are you doing in here?” He asks quietly, trying not to wake up their parents.

She yawns. “I went to the bathroom and saw your light was still on.”

“So you came to check on me, hmm?” He says, trying to hold back a smile at how caring and sweet his younger sister was. She nods. “I’m fine so go back to bed, okay? I’ll sleep shortly so you don’t have to worry.”

His voice soothes his sisters worry and she smiles. “You’re not running away soon, are you?” She asks.

Chanyeol had a thing for running off and disappearing for weeks without any contact. He didn’t run off on purpose, it was just to get research for Scarlet, which he’s been working on since he was only seventeen years old. Some of the places he visits don’t have any signal so he can’t contact family or friends.

“I’m not going anywhere any time soon. I’ve got all the information I need and at the minute, the internet is my best friend for research.” He chuckles a little. “If I go anywhere, you’ll be the first to know okay? I promise.” He stands up and walks over to the door where his sister is now struggling to keep her eyes open. “Let’s get you back to bed.” He picks her up and she rests her head in his shoulder.

Chanyeol opens her bedroom door and tucks her tightly into bed. “Sleep well Yura.” He whispers.

Once back in his room, he drops back onto his chair and carries on making the last touches to his game. He makes sure that everything is perfect before syncing all the information into the eye piece he created in his university. It’s takes him years to create and design the eyepiece alone and now is finally the time to test it out.

“Hallelujah!” He sighs, leaning back onto his chair as the screen reads:

Synchronization Successful 100%

He opens a small brown box that’s positioned on his desk and takes out the contact lens. Chanyeol places one lens into his eye and the other in the opposite eye. “Let’s do this.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter