Chapter 2

A Burst Of Colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

--- Angst Alternative -----

Hyukjae took out his wallet to pay the cashier for some snacks he bought -- milk, chocolates, chips. He was going to bring some of their favs to meet up with Donghae later in the same place they would watch sunset together. Due to their busy schedules, they haven't seen each other a lot recently and probably won't get much time in later days too, so they decided to spend some quiet time in their favourite place again. It was healing and it always filled them both with enough energy to keep going.

He stepped out of the convenience store and took out his phone. A missed call from Donghae. Huh, he must have called while he was busy paying. Hyukjae pressed the button to call back as he looked up at the sky out of habit.

Looking at the sky had been one of his favourite things to do since it reminded him of Donghae. Before meeting his soulmate, Hyukjae hated the sky. It was dull and somewhat sad to him. He never bothered with it despite how everyone told him the sky was beautiful. Now he understands why.

The phone call went on and on but Donghae didn't pick up.

Hyukjae couldn't help but start worrying. There shouldn’t be any reason to worry, but his gut feeling was telling him that something was definitely wrong. Hyukjae was about to call back again, but his fingers froze in place. He couldn't believe his eyes.

The sky was losing its colours.

The blue was slowly fading away into the familiar dull black and white Hyukjae had been seeing for the first 17 years of his life before meeting Donghae. It was the first time this happened, but Hyukjae knew what that meant.

His heart started racing and his hands were colder than ice. He couldn't breathe right. He was trying his best to block out the thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter