Final

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was never the outgoing type. I’m awkward, weird, an outcast. I was a good of nothing. But she never view me that way. Even if I’m weird and awkward, she would still smile brightly at my ty jokes. She treat me like everyone else. She’s an angel. She the exact opposite of me. She’s popular. Beautiful. Kind. Outgoing. I still remember vividly when I first met her.

It was a mandatory event where every student needed to attend. We were assigned into teams and as I was awkward and weird, no one talked to me. At the first day, I could feel her staring at me from afar. My mind immediately tell me she was judging me, but my thoughts was quickly washed away. It was lunch time and like always I sat in the corner eating my meal. I never paid attention towards my surroundings so I didn’t realize when she had sat beside me. “Hi there” her voice ring beside me, but I stayed silent as I didn’t thought she was talking to me. Then a hand came into my view “Hello?” I turned towards the voice to see her big eyes and bright smile “Finally you turn my way” she chuckles lightly as I stared at her, she nudged me lightly “Why are you always alone?” I didn’t answer. I was afraid of people. Their piercing gaze always scare me, but somehow her stare seemed warm and soft. “Hmm… you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to” with sudden movements she grabbed my phone and played with it for a moment. A second later, she passed it back to me with the brightest smile “There! We are friends in Kakao now. If I message you, you better answer alright” I looked at her and back to my phone, but before I could reply she was called by her group of friends. Unlike her, their stares scared me. With a soft goodbye, she left me alone once more.

That night I received the first text message aside from my parents ‘Hi! I’m the girl from before J Nice to meet you!~’ my fingers hovered on the keypad, but I couldn’t make myself to write back to her. I didn’t sleep much that night as my mind kept on drifted to the text message. The next day, she came to my table with a pout on her face “Why didn’t you answer my message if you had saw it” I stared at her blankly and shook my head lightly. She chuckled and crouched down putting her hand on her arms that was rested on my table “Hey kyungsoo… talk to me. I won’t bite. Isn’t boring to be alone…?” I didn’t dare to look at her face and kept on looking at my thighs. I could hear her sigh slightly, she must hate me now, but her words had caught me by surprised. “Talk to me if you have any problems or just need some company alright?”

Day by day passed and each day I would receive a message from her, but none of them I replied. As yesterday was the last day of the event, we would never meet again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter