One

Nothing More I Could Ask For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanu-ya, Where have you been?" Donghyuk asked when Chanwoo came in looking like he's got a life or death situation. "Have you just seen the devil or something?" He teased seeing how stressed the latter was. Chanwoo didn't bother to reply, instead he just placed his bag and gave himself a seat to his side of his office as he turns on his computer.

"The weirdest thing just happened, Donghyuk-ah" Chanwoo finally blurted out. Donghyuk blinked at the information he just received. "What is it? What happened?" He asked pushing himself backwards to the chair to have a better look on Chanwoo. Chanwoo faced the other as he sighed. "I was having lunch at the cafeteria and this guy- I have no idea who he was, I think he was an important person in this company. He offered me- well no, he kinda forced me to be the CEO's... Secretary?" Chanwoo explained.

Donghyuk gasped at the younger's story. "Really? Is the person you speak to- possibly have these big front teeth?" Donghyuk asked. Chanwoo stayed silent to remember. "Ah, yes actually, a bit. He also has this unique eye smile" Chanwoo added. Donghyuk facepalmed at the younger. How could he not know him.

"Ya, that's Kim Jiwon-ssi, idiot! He's Koo Junhoe Sajangnim's secretary at the moment." Donghyuk complained. Chanwoo blinked at his colleague's explanation. "But if he's the secretary then why did he ask me?" Chanwoo asked clueless, why does it looks like it was very obvious to Donghyuk?

"Rumor has it that he's quiting because sajangnim had enough of him" Donghyuk whispered to him obviously because he doesn't want anyone to hear. "How do you even know all of this.." Chanwoo asked curious.

"Unlike you, I make friends with everyone. To think you don't know Kim Jiwon-ssi and it's been what? Two years?" Chanwoo rolled his eyes at his comments. "You know I am only here to get paid, Donghyuk. I make friends with whoever that wants to. Being social is not exactly my forté" Donghyuk scoffed at him.

"Which is why you need to accept the offer," Donghyuk replied. "Being The CEO's secretary pays much more than being the company's technician." He continued. Chanwoo sighed at him. "Here's the thing, that guy didn't really ask me to give him an answer. He just told me that I work first thing tomorrow, no questions asked." The younger explained.

"That's weird.. but I guess it's a good opportunity for you." Donghyuk said cheerfully, he was happy for his office mate. "But.. I can't do any secretary duties, Donghyuk. I'm a man" Donghyuk furrowed his eyebrows. "You're being ist. Jiwon-ssi is also a man." Donghyuk protested. Chanwoo shook his head in disagreement.

"No, it's just- everything about this is weird! Why me? I'm a happy and content technician, why did he chose me as the new secretary??" Chanwoo whined at his friend. Donghyuk laughed at his sulking colleague. "If anything goes wrong just remember, you'll get paid more." Chanwoo sighed at his advice.

"I'm worried on how the CEO will treat me too" Chanwoo muttered. Donghyuk raised his eyebrow, curious. "Why? He seems like a nice rich guy" Donghyuk said truthfully. "I don't know.. I went to his office a few weeks ago to fix the internet connection there and he has this.. scary aura" Donghyuk rolled his eyes at his explanation.

"Yah, that's like every CEO's aura. Just go back to work for now, you're gonna miss it" Donghyuk ssid as he went back to his side of the office. Chanwoo did as told, looking through his computer waiting for any kind of complains regarding computer work or internet connection the company needs.

"Oh, and this means you're obligated to buy me and the rest of the sunbaenims here a free dinner since we're not gonna see each other often anymore~" Donghyuk reminded him. Chanwoo could only give him a fake laugh because he can't really get out from that situation.
 

 

 

Since he was told to come early to the company, Chanwoo found himself getting ready at 6.30 in the morning. He can't believe that now he had to wear formal clothes now. He took a look at himself in the mirror and he felt weird. Nothing that he could do about it though, so he sighed and quickly went off with his motor cycle.
 

"Ahh Jung Chanwoo-ssi!" The person who offered (forced) him to be Koo Junhoe's secretary greeted him. Chanwoo gave him a bow and wished him good morning. "Good morning. I know I asked you to come very early but I feel like I need to teach you about Koo Junhoe Sajangnim's habit and his office too. There are some things you need to learn. Since Mr. Koo won't be here until 2PM, we can explore his office now" The older explained.

Chanwoo gave him another bow. "Thank you for taking care of me well" The senior laughed at the younger. "No need to be so formal. We're going to be partners after all" he insisted. Chanwoo just gave him a smile. He then leads Chanwoo to the CEO's office which never seemed to make him gasp in amazement.

His office was really big and elegant, nothing like his technician office he shared with Donghyuk and the others. There were lots of book shelves, but there was a specific book, contained in a glass. It was as if the book was sacred. Chanwoo kept looking at the book in amazement.

"Now, you can read any book you like here, except for that one. Don't even touch it." Jiwon warned. Chanwoo blinked at his warning, curious. "What's inside that book, sunbaenim?" Chanwoo asked to the point. Jiwon shrugged at the question. "I have no idea but it seems like Mr. Koo really cherish that book." Chanwoo nodded at his explanation. 

"Now if you see over there, that's the place where you can brew him tea. He doesn't like coffee so keep that in mind." Chanwoo nodded again. He spent the rest of the tour only nodding, but he makes sure he remembers everything by the time the CEO came back to his office.
"Any questions, Chanwoo?" Jiwon asked when he thinks he had explained everything. Chanwoo hummed, wondering if the question he is thinking will cause trouble or not. But he went for it anyways.

"Actually, I have a question. Why.. me? I was a technician before this, it just doesn't make sense to me." Chanwoo asked hopeful that the latter won't get mad or something. "It was by Mr. Koo's request. I'm not even quitting despite the rumors," he laughed. "I guess maybe he just feel like this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter