Fin

Soulmate

Rosè was on her way home from work but suddenly decided to buy coffee when she passed by her favorite coffee shop. She entered the coffee shop and the familiar aroma and warmth of the shop welcomed her along with a dose of nostalgia. This coffee shop helped her survive throughout college and until now actually. She loved the owners and got to know them when she was a freshman in college because of how much she became a regular customer in the shop. She was greeted by Lisa, the owner's daughter and the shop's part-time barista who became her  close friend. 

 

Lisa went to the same university as her in college and would often offer company when she was pulling out all-nighters. 

 

"Hey Lisa" she greeted as she approached the counter. "It's been awhile since you dropped by, I guess you've been busy." Lisa said with a small pout. 

 

Rosè giggled at how cute Lisa was acting. "Yeah, work's been really toxic lately. I'll have my regular order."

 

Lisa smiled and said "Sure. But can you please sit here by the counter? I really missed you. We haven't hung out in the longest time." 

 

Rosè just smiled and nodded. Lisa jumped excitedly and proceeded to preparing her order. She hasn't changed, Rosè thought. As she was waiting, Rosè decided to glance at her 'soulmate watch' as everyone calls it. The watch counts down to the days and hours and even minutes when you'll meet your soulmate. Something was odd about her watch though, it stopped counting down a few days ago. Maybe she should have it checked. As she was pondering about what she'll do about the watch, Lisa came with her order. 

 

"Sorry if it took awhile, we have a new barista and I've been teaching him how to use the machines." Lisa smiled sheepishly.

 

"It's fine really." Rosè smiled and grabbed her cup of coffee to take a sip. "I really missed this. I'm really glad I decided to visit today." 

 

"You should really visit more often." Lisa encouraged. "Even if you're busy, you can easily take a breather here." 

 

"I know. I feel bad that I haven't visited in a few months but I'm here now." Rosè gave Lisa a bright smile. 

 

"So, how is your watch?" Lisa suddenly asked. Rosè was startled with her question. "What?" Lisa asked her with a mischievous grin. Lisa knew that she would meet her soulmate first before Lisa did. Lisa will meet hers a few months after she meets hers. 

 

"I don't know. It suddenly stopped working a few days ago but I've been too busy to have it checked." Rosè explained. 

 

Lisa was taken aback with her answer. She never heard of a watch stopping before. "You should really have it checked Rosie. I never heard of a watch stopping before." 

 

Rosè sighed. "I really should. I'll do it over the weekend." Lisa nodded and sat down beside Rosè. She took Rosè's arm with the watch on it and stared at it. 

 

"This is really odd." Lisa said while holding Rosè's arm with fascination. Rosè just chuckled at Lisa's expression. Lisa suddenly looked at her like a lightbulb flashed over her head. "I know someone who can look at this for you. He's also a regular here and told me that he fixes gadgets as a sideline. Want me to give you his number?" Lisa offered. 

 

Rosè thought about it and nodded. Lisa smiled and became a bit excited. Rosè noticed this and asked her "Why are you so excited about this?" Lisa just giggled and told her "I really want both of you to meet each other. Both of you seem like you would get along." 

 

Rosè was just about to respond when Lisa suddenly let out a small squeal. She looked at her friend with a puzzled look on her face. Lisa just wiggled her eyebrows and said, "Well I guess the universe is on my side right now." She didn't notice that a customer entered and went straight to the counter. Lisa stood up and went to the counter. 

 

Lisa was really excited. It has also been awhile since Jaehyun visited. Jaehyun was the guy she told Rosè about. "Hey Lisa, I'll have my regular but to go." Her smile dropped when she heard 'to go'. "You aren't staying? But why?" She whined like a kid. Jaehyun chuckled at her tone and said "Yeah, I have a really important meeting in an hour so I have to prepare for it." Lisa pouted and said "I have a friend who needs your help, she's right over there sitting by the counter. The pretty girl with long black hair." She pointed out. 

 

Jaehyun looked at the direction Lisa was pointing to and saw a girl eating a piece of cake with her eyes closed. He chuckled and looked back ay Lisa. "Why would she need my help?" He asked. "Her watch stopped counting down, I figured you can help her because you fix gadgets for a sideline." He thought about it, if it stopped counting down, maybe she already met her soulmate. 

 

"Maybe she already met her soulmate." Jaehyun pointed out which made Lisa think. But she quickly shook her head and continued making Jaehyun's drink. "It stopped counting down, really. It's stuck on 5 days and 15 hours." She told Jaehyun then handed him the cup. 

 

Jaehyun nodded in understanding and told Lisa "Give her my number, maybe I can fix it for her." Lisa nodded excitedly which weirded Jaehyun out. "I have to go Lisa, bye." He waved to Lisa before exiting the shop.

 

Lisa went back to where Rose was sitting. Lisa let out a puff and sighed. "What's your problem?" Rose asked her. "Nothing." Rose just nodded and continued eating her cake. 

 

"What's up with you?" Rosè asked Lisa. "Nothing much, the coffee shop's the only escape I have from this cruel world." Lisa answered cheekily. 

 

Rosè let out a small laugh. Lisa was a fashion designer. She was already pretty well-known despite being only 25 years old. "Why? Are the clients stressing you out?" She asked Lisa. Lisa let out a puff and pouted. "Yeah. I have this client who made me redo my designs more than four times already. I'm really hoping that the one I'm working on now will be the final one." 

 

"Let's hope for the best Lisa. You know you can just work full-time here in the coffee shop. You'll still survive and the coffee shop's really doing well right now." Rosè told Lisa. Lisa laughed at the comment. As much as she wanted to work full-time here in the coffee shop, designing was her passion. 

 

"Thanks but you know I love my work even if it can get tiring, the coffee shop's the greatest breather there is for me." Lisa told Rosè. Rosè nodded in understanding. She understood Lisa because she felt the same. She looked down at her watch and it was still stuck. 

 

Lisa noticed Rosè looking down at her watch and remembered to give Jaehyun's number to her. "Rosè give me your phone." She told Rose. Rosè just nodded and handed her phone. She typed in Jaehyun's number and smiled triumphantly. "You're smiling weirdly again Lisa." Rosè pointed out. She just let out a giggle and handed the phone back to Rosè.

 

Rosè saw that Lisa saved a number which has the name "Jaehyun Tech Guy" on her phone. "So Jaehyun's the name of the the guy?" She asked Lisa. Lisa nodded excitedly and grinned. "I'll give him a call later." She told Lisa and Lisa just hummed in response.

 

She and Lisa talked for more than 2 hours before she decided it was time to go home. She waved goodbye to Lisa and walked to the bus stop. While waiting for the bus to arrive, she opened her phone and scrolled through it. She suddenly remembered about that guy that might help her fix her watch. She searched for 'Tech guy' on her phone and pressed call. 

 

It took about three rings before the person could answer. A deep voice from the other line welcomed her that made her feel a bit tingly inside for some reason. "Hello who is this?" The person on the other line said. She cleared and said "Hi, I'm Rosè, a friend of Lisa's. She gave me your number so I could ask about my watch?" 

 

Jaehyun suddenly hummed in recognition. She has a cute voice he thought. "Ah, you're the girl from awhile ago. I'm Jaehyun, when are you free? Maybe we could meet up somewhere so I can take a look at your watch."

 

Rosè stopped for awhile to think. It was the weekend tomorrow, and it had been days since her watch stopped working and if she remembers correctly she might meet her soulmate this weekend. She cleared before asking with an unsure voice, "Are you free tomorrow?" 

 

Jaehyun was laughing internally because her voice shifted to a super tiny voice and all he could think of was how cute she sounded. He had to stop himself from cooing at her over the phone. "I am actually. Do you want to meet at Lisa's coffee shop?" 

 

Rosè was relieved. She really hoped that he would fix her watch. "Thank you! What time are you available tomorrow?" 

 

"I'm free from 11 onwards so it's up to you really." Jaehyun said. Rosè was really excited for some reason. His voice really made her all tingly on the inside. "Uhm we can meet at 11 if you'd like." She suggested 

 

"Sure. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." Jaehyun said and with that Rosè also said her goodbye and hung up the phone. Jaehyun felt a bit excited and he had to admit she was beautiful and looked extremely cute in the coffee shop awhile ago. He looked down at his own watch and saw that he was gonna meet his soulmate tomorrow. D-day is about to come he thought. He just shrugged it off and started to research on the things he might need tomorrow so that he could fix Rosè's watch. 

 

It was 10:50 AM and Rosè was already in the coffee shop. She expected Lisa to be there but the barista on duty said that Lisa won't be coming until later that afternoon. She just ordered her usual and went to her favorite spot in the cafe. She didn't know what Jaehyun looked like so she was waiting nervously with a bit of anticipation for some reason. His voice really sounded like it was laced with velvety honey if that even made sense. 

 

She decided to read the book that she brought while waiting for Jaehyun. She didn't really mind waiting and plus she had to catch up with this novel. She was so engrossed in reading that she didn't feel a presence in front of her. It was not until the presence cleared his throat and that was the only time she became aware of his presence. Rosè looked up from her book to see a handsome man smiling at her. 

 

"Hi are you Rosè?" He asked with this wide smile on his face.

 

She couldn't help but give a bjg smile back.

"Yes I am. Are you Jaehyun?" 

 

"Yes. But I think I don't need to fix your watch anymore." Jaehyun said with a chuckle. Rosè gave him a confused look. Jaehyun just raised his wrist that had a glowing watch. Rosè's eyes widened because of this and had a look of pure shock written all over her face. 

 

"I'm gonna formally introduce myself now. Hi Rosè, my name is Jung Jaehyun and I think you're my soulmate."