Story Of Our Life

A Thousand Words

I know that you're hiding things

Using gentle words to shelter me

Your words were life a dream

But dreams could never fool me

Not that easily

 

"You know that I love you, right?" You pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll forever be yours.. Don't be afraid of losing me, okay? I will always be here for you, remember that" you continued to say.

"When this ends, we'll be together and we'll have a happy life" you whispered in my ear.

Why are you bringing this up now? What do you plan to do? What are you hiding? Jonghyun, please don't leave me.. We can make it through this, just don't leave. I held you tighter.. like you were the most precious thing in this world. I tried not to let my tears roll dow, I didn't want you to see me sad.

 

I acted so distant then

Didn't say good-bye before you left

But I was listening

You fight your battles far from me

Far too easily

 

I Didn't want any of this! Why are you doing this to us? I thought.. we will always be together.

"Luna.. Can you come out, please? Even just to say good-bye?" You said with a sad tone on the other side my bedroom door.

I sat on the floor with my back facing the door. I didn't respond.. I didn't want you to hear me cry.

Why are you joining this war? What happened to living happily together?

I heard you go down the stairs.. I took that as my cue to go out.

Jonghyun, why are you fighting?

 

"Save you tears 'cause I'll come back"

I could hear that whispered as you walked through that door

But still I swore

To hide the pain, when I turn back the pages

Shouting might have been the answer

What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart

But know I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart

 

I sat by the stairs and watched you go. You took one final glance and saw me crying.

"Luna, don't cry.. not now. I'm going to come back and I'll fulfill my promises to you" I know you wanted to come to me and have our last moment with each other... But instead, I kept it all in and went back up the stairs. I stopped for a moment, only to see you walk out the door. All I wanted was to shout and let it all out. I was left thinking, what if.. what if I made an effort on making you stay? What if I poured my heart out? Would you still have gone? I'm not going to stay here and wait for you.. only to find out that you'll never return.

 

Though a thousand words

Have never been spoken

They'll fly to you

Crossing over the time

And distance holding you

Suspended on silver wings

 

So many things left unspoken. I'll find a way to get them to you.

No matter how much distance separates us, no matter how long it takes, I promise it'll reach you.

 

And a thousand words

One thousand confessions

Will cradle you

Making all of the pain you feel seem far away

They'll hold you forever

 

There are still so many things I have to admit, and I won't rest until we meet. I have to tell you how I really feel, what I'm about to say to you is real.

All the pain I've caused, I'll take them away.. and take them to a far away place.

These words I've been meaning to tell in the past, I know it will forever last.

 

The dream isn't over yet

Though I often say I can't forget

I still relive the day

You've been there with me all the way

I still here you say

 

I know everything isn't lost.. but I'm already thinking of the times we have spent together, and how it will all end someday. I am almost certain that those memories are close enough to touch.. as if I'm living them again. When I couldn't see the future, I was afraid.. When the future was clear and it hurts to see.. I lose myself in happier days.

 

"Wait for me I'll write you letters"

I could see how you stammered with your eyes to the floor

But still I swore

To hide the doubt, when I turn back the pages

Anger might have been the answer

What if I'd hung my head and said that I couldn't wait

But now I'm strong enough to know it's not too late

 

"You would always wait for me, right?" You looked down. Why are you avoiding my eyes?

"When I'm gone, I promise that I'll always write to you.. So it would seem we're not that too apart" you said.

You know I'll always wait.. but I can never stop doubting everything you say. Why do you keep saying such things? What do you have in mind that you keep bringing up that you will leave? I'd make you feel better by hiding.. I promise I'll hide all the doubts and worries when we look back. You wouldn't have to worry.

 

I Just wanted to get mad then, and blame everyone.. including me. I knew that wasn't the answer, but it seemed like a good way to go.

"The only way we could have a happy life together is if the war will end" You told me that.

"What are you planning to do, Jonghyun?" I asked you. You looked at me with those sad eyes of yours.

"You joined the force? How could you? This is not how we planned it!" I yelled.

"We have no choice, Luna. For me, it's the only way to go" you placed both your hands on top of my shoulders.

"I promise you I'll come back" You said with your most gentle voice, but all I did was look away.

You let go and went towards the door.

'If you love me, you'd wait" You said as you continued to walk out.

"We have no choice" I whispered. 

We have no choice.. we repeat them to ourselves over and over again.. But we know it's just an excuse. There's always a choice, but we choose not to take them or we never acknowledge them. This phrase never works.. it just leaves us with so much regret.

 

Why are you leaving? What if I say that I couldn't wait? What happens there? What if I kill myself.. waiting.

This isn't how it's supposed to be. Jonghyun, I'll find a way... I believe I'm strong enough to overcome this.. Nothing is ever lost, there's no such thing as too late. I will stand my ground and be strong.

 

'Cause a thousand words

Call out through the ages

They'll fly to you

Even though I can't see

I know they're reaching you

Suspended on silver wings

 

Jonghyun, we're connected in some way.. I know that you know how I feel about you.

Without words that are said, you still looked through me and saw how I felt.

Even if I can't see what connects us, I know that everything I want you to know is reaching you

Calling for you when needed.

 

Oh a thousand words

One thousand embraces

Will cradle you

Making all of the weary days seem far away

They'll hold you forever

 

I promised I'd find you. I set out to look for you.. I see people suffering along the way, and wonder if everything with you is okay.

Maybe, you were right. This isn't just about me or us.. This is about the people affected by the war. Though, I can't help feeling doubt.

Why did this have to happen? If only I could stop it all from happening. I could've saved you and the others, we could've had the life we always wanted.

I don't want this anymore, I don't want people to die. Do you know how much it felt to watch them lose hope and give up? Just the thought, that they won't be able to see their families again makes me sick.. do you feel the same? I wish I could do something to save them from the pain..

So much sorrow surrounded me and how I wish I can replace them.. This sorrow can't take over our lives! I will live my own life and defeat sorrow in its place! I will do my best to conquer it. Jonghyun, I have to find you.

 

Oh, a thousand words

Have never been spoken

They'll fly to you

They'll carry you home and back into my arms

Suspended on silver wings

 

So much things left to be said, but we chose not to speak. I'm not going to wait for you to get killed. Either way, things are going to end. I'm not waiting for all of this to come crashing down. I have to find you and say what I have to, no matter how much it takes, I will.. without false hope.

 

This is where you've been this whole time? What do you think you're doing? How can you let them capture you, and let them use you.. You . Will you have come back if I wasn't there? Now, I see you pointing your gun at your own allies. Why, Jonghyun? Why did you give in? It's unnacceptable..

"Jonghyun, Stop!" I yelled at you as I blocked your path from the others.

"Luna? What are you doing here?" You seemed so shocked to see me.. but I should be the one to be like that.

"I should be the one asking you that.. What are you doing?" I said to you,  tears already forming in my eyes.

"I have to do this, Luna. This is for us.. This is the only way I can save myself so that I could return to you.." You put your gun down.

'I'd rather you broke your promise than do this cruelty. Jonghyun, you know that they are more important than me.. This country is more important. You shouldn't have gone far for me" I let the tears roll down.

"Luna.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. They pushed me to do this" You looked down with shame.

"I only came here for one thing, Jonghyun" I got closer to you.

"I came here to find you" I touched your cheek and made you look at me. I smiled at you...

"I have to tell you something.." I started.

 

Suddenly, guards came running towards us.

"Jonghyun, didn't we tell you to kill these people if you want to get out of here alive?" They pointed their guns at us.

"I can't do it!" You yelled at them.

"Kill them... or we kill your girl" they threatened.

"You have to go through me" you stepped forward.

"Jonghyun.." I grabbed your arm and shook my head. I pulled you towards me and I wrapped my arms around you. I looked at you with tears already falling..

"I'm sorry I got you into this" You whispered to me as we touched foreheads.

"Jonghyun... I-" we were closing in for a kiss.. but then they shot us, pulling us apart. We fell to our backs, side by side.

You were the last thing I saw, and I'm sure I was also the last thing you saw. We looked at each other with tears still running down. I managed to mouth the words "I love you" to you. I hope yo got the message before we became just a memory..

 

And a thousand words

Call out through the ages

They'll cradle you

Turning all of the lonely years to only days

They'll hold you forever

 

I want to tell you that I didn't regret one thing that I did. Coming out to the dangerous world to find you? It was worth it to tell you what I felt. It's not a question of can or can't.. there are just some things in life that you just do..

In another life, I hope we meet again.. I hope I was able to wash away all your loneliness. I hope that everything I said and meant to say reached you.. with so much glory. I hope you were able to understand me saying "I love you". I already knew how this is going to end, so you shouldn't feel sad.. These feelings? They will last for eternity.. even if we have already gone... I love you, Jonghyun..

 

Oh, a thousand words

 


End Of Story

 

This is my first songfic so sorry if it ...

I DON"T OWN THIS SONG!

Also, to tell you something...

*1000 Words By Koda Kumi (Japanese ver.) / Jade From Sweetbox (English ver.)

Final Fantasy Games are the best.. the game served as my inspiration to make this..

Some quotes also came from the game so... theyre great! XD

thanks for reading!