Final

It Is All Real

Jungkook was born this way. When he came to talk, his parents discovered that whatever he said became real. Thus, they had to teach him very early to think before speaking.

At age 4, Jungkook met Taehyung. He is the only one to know about Jungkook's secret. It was an accident actually. Some years later, as they were riding their bikes, Taehyung fell and scratched his knee. Jungkook told his friend that he wished for his knee to heal and it immediately did. Taehyung was amazed and unlike other 6 years old, he didn't think of using Jungkook to get whatever he wanted. On the contrary, he wanted Jungkook to use his gift to help other people. Of course, this skill had its limits, Jungkook couldn't stop the wars or the famine in the world, it was on a too large scale. He couldn't either make people become richer or change their looks. But the two friends still tried to make people around them happy. They swore to never use it to hurt people either.

 

Jungkook was a very mature teenager, he knew the weight of words and was careful every time he talked. As he entered high school, he became even more careful. As every teen, he had some down times in which he hoped he was never born, that his parents could disappear, that he could be more handsome, etc. As long as he didn't say them out loud, it was alright, he could still think them. That's how Jungkook's teenage years were spent. Him telling himself to not have those type of thoughts and telling Taehyung to stop crying, to stop being sad. Of course, those words didn't last but they worked for some days.

 

When they finally entered college, Jungkook did his best so that they would major in something they love. Surprisingly enough, they both chose to major in photography (though Jungkook chose a song writing minor).

That's when everything changed. Jungkook met Yoongi who was majoring in song writing and had a photography minor. They quickly became friends and began to hang out often (along with Taehyung, of course). After some time, Yoongi decided to introduce his boyfriend Hoseok to the youngers. Hoseok was majoring in dancing but was also a wonderful rapper from what Yoongi had told them.

 

"You'll love him and I'm sure he'll love you too." Yoongi said, quite excited.

"I hope so." Taehyung said and Yoongi nodded, opening the door to the practice room quietly.

"He's the one in red hair." Yoongi whispered.

Jungkook nodded and searched for red hair. However, blonde hair and gracious movements caught his attention.

That guy was not dancing, Jungkook could swear. He was flying. It was obvious in the way he was moving that he really loved dancing, that it was his passion. Jungkook had never felt that, he could feel every emotion that this guy was conveying through his moves.

When the music stopped, Jungkook could see his features clearly. The blonde boy had rosy cheeks, his torso going up and down rapidly. Some strands of hair were in his eyes but he quickly brushed them away with his small fingers. Jungkook almost cooed at his fingers before seeing his eyes. He had small deep eyes, he resembled a cat, even more with his lenses. His nose looked like booping material and, wow, Jungkook had never seen such plump lips before. Jungkook's eyes travelled a bit lower. The guy's shirt was a bit too open so that his collarbones could show. He had a light tanned skin and it seemed really soft. Jungkook let his eyes travel even lower and, damn those thighs. He suddenly felt the need to drink something cold, his body becoming hot.

"Kook? What do you think of him?" Yoongi asked him, expecting his answer.

"Um… He's very handsome. He dances well too." Jungkook said, finally looking towards Hoseok.

"Yoon!" Hoseok exclaimed, running towards them. He jumped at Yoongi, hugging him before leaving a sweet kiss on his lips.

"How are you baby?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm tired but okay. Hi, you must be Yoon's friends. I'm Jung Hoseok." Hoseok said, smiling to his ears as he extended his hand for Jungkook and Taehyung to take it.

"Hyung! What are you doing? You should drink some water!" A soft voice exclaimed making the four boys turn to it. Jungkook saw blonde hair and a cute face approaching with a water bottle in hand.

"Thanks, Jiminie!" Hoseok said, taking the bottle and drinking half of it in one go.

"How are you Yoongi hyung?" The blonde haired asked.

"I'm fine Jimin. Here are my friends Jungkook and Taehyung." Yoongi said, gesturing towards each one.

Jimin smiled at them.

"Hi, I'm Park Jimin, dance major, second year." He said before turning to Hoseok once more.

"Hyung, are we still going out for lunch?"

"Of course, Jiminie. Let's just gather our things." Hoseok said. "Would you like to join us?" He asked the two youngers.

"Why not? We could learn about each other." Taehyung replied.

Some moments later, the five boys were seated in a ddeokbokki place, waiting for their meals.

"So, how did you and Taehyung meet, Jungkook?" Hoseok asked.

"Well, we met when we were 4 years old. I was mostly alone at school but Tae came to me first in the schoolyard and since then we've been inseparable." Jungkook explained, a wide smile painting his lips.

"Wow you've been friends since forever then!" Jimin exclaimed, quite admirative.

"What about you and Hoseok hyung?" Taehyung asked.

"We met in high school. He was a redoubling student so we kinda found ourselves in the same class. Since we both have a passion for dance, we quickly became close friends." Jimin explained.

"I see. And what would you like to do after you graduate?" Taehyung asked.

"I'd like to become a dance teacher whereas hyung would like to open a dance studio." Jimin replies. "What about you?"

"I want to become a photographer." Taehyung answered.

"And you Jungkook?"

"Well... I major in photography and I have a song writing minor as well but I don't know which one I prefer yet. I think I'll decide later." Jungkook carefully answered.

"I hope you'll be able to do the thing you like the most." Jimin stated and Jungkook nodded, offering him a little smile.

The whole lunch went on like that, the boys talking about this and that, learning about each other.

 

When Taehyung and Jungkook went back to their room in the evening, Taehyung felt like Jungkook was a bit perplexed.

"Kook? Is there something wrong?" He asked his friend.

"Everything's fine. Why?" Jungkook replied as he sat on the little couch.

"You seem a bit confused. Did you not like Hoseok hyung?" Taehyung sat beside him.

"No, no. I liked him a lot, he's very sweet to Yoongi hyung. I don't know, I feel a bit strange about Jimin."

"Jimin? Why?"

"He makes me feel weird."

"I saw you looking at him when we entered the dancing room earlier. You couldn't take your eyes off him." Taehyung said, smiling teasingly.

"You're right. Even if I had wanted to, I wouldn't have been able to."

"Oh, I didn't know that you liked staring at him like a creep." Taehyung joked, Jungkook punching him on the arm.

"I wasn't being a creep! He was just so... mesmerizing." Jungkook admitted, slightly blushing.

"I think my little Jungkookie has a crush~" Taehyung singsong. Jungkook sighed.

"Shut up. It's not the time. The year just began." He stated.

"It's always the time to like someone! Maybe you'll fall in love, like in the dramas!"

"Anyway. We'll see."

 

Just as Jungkook said, they did see how it all evolved between him and Jimin. Weeks passed with them becoming closer, helping each other out, teaming up against Hoseok and Yoongi to make fun of how cheesy they were being.

They were now in mid-April and Jungkook entered his room, searching for Taehyung, in vain. He was hardly breathing but he still dialled Tae's number.

"Jungkook? I'm at the library now." He said, whispering.

"T-Tae... I-I need you..." Jungkook managed to say.

"Did something happen?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook sobbed. "Kook, try to calm down, I'm coming." He added and hung up.

Soon enough, Taehyung came, barging in Jungkook's room and taking him in his arms.

"Calm down Kook. I'm here bun. Focus on breathing for me. Everything's fine." Taehyung softly told him, patting his head.

Jungkook focused, some tears escaping, holding Taehyung like his life depended on him. Half an hour later, Jungkook was finally able to breathe evenly as he was lying down in Taehyung's arms, facing him.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked.

"I was with Jimin in the practice room. He asked me to help him, as always. So, I was recording him when he suddenly stopped. He walked towards me and crouched down. I thought he was going to look at the video but when I turned to him, he was crying. So, I asked him what happened and he told me that his dad was involved in a car accident some days ago and that he heard today that he had gave in to his injuries this morning." Jungkook explained, his voice breaking at the end.

"You didn't..." Taehyung began.

"I almost said it. At the mere thought of telling him to stop crying I panicked and ran out of the practice room." Jungkook said, tears welling up in his eyes once more.

"Bun, it's okay. It didn't happen. It's alright. Don't cry, please." Taehyung begged, hugging his friend tight.

"I think I fell in love with him, Tae. I hate seeing him cry, I want him to only be happy. I want to do the same thing I did when we were younger but I can't."

"Can't you wish to do it without him knowing?"

"I could but I don't know if it will work. And it wouldn't be fair from me. If we are meant to be together, it will happen and I want to be honest with him."

"You're so pure, Jungkookie. Too good for this ed up world." Taehyung said, kissing Jungkook's top of head.

"How am I going to explain to him why I ran off? He must hate me. I left him crying alone on the practice room's floor."

"I don't know. We'll see how he'll react tomorrow."

"Can we sleep together tonight?" Jungkook shyly asked.

"Of course, bun." Taehyung replied, a soft smile on his lips.

 

The next day, when Jungkook arrived to his song writing class, Yoongi immediately came to him, apparently furious.

"Seriously? You left him? Without saying anything?"

"Yoongi..." Jungkook began.

"I'm not the one you should talk to. It's Jimin. Wait for him at the end of the day and talk. Hoseok will leave you alone." Yoongi cut and went to sit away from Jungkook.

Jungkook sighed, frustrated because he really had no idea of what to tell Jimin.

At lunch, he decided to not meet up with the others and went to eat around the pitch. He took the sandwich he had bought in the cafeteria out of his bag and began eating. When he was done, he listened to music until the next period began and made his way to class. He had a class with Taehyung who immediately ran to him as he saw him.

"Kook, where were you at lunch?"

"I was by the pitch. I didn't want to eat with everyone."

"More like you didn't want to see Jimin." Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded. "You did well though. When Hoseok saw that you weren't here, he texted Jimin so he could come sit with us. It angered me so much, I asked him what the was wrong with him and we argued until Jimin came and I went away."

"You didn't have to argue with him Tae." Jungkook said, feeling guilty.

"Wrong. I had to. You have your reasons, even though you can't tell them."

"Thanks Tae."

"I told you I'd always be there for you." Taehyung stated as he ruffled Jungkook's hair.

 

At the end of the day Jungkook remembered what Yoongi told him and asked for Taehyung's opinion.

"Do you know what you'll tell him?"

"No. But I should still try to explain something, anything." Jungkook replied.

"You're right. Anyway, good luck. See you later." Taehyung said and walked away.

Jungkook made his way to the dance department and waited for Jimin's class to end. When it did, he saw all the people get out of the room but Jimin. He peeked inside and saw him talking with Hoseok. The latter looked his way and after hugging Jimin he got out of the room without minding Jungkook. The younger entered the room, approaching Jimin.

"Hyung. How are you?" He asked.

"I don't wanna talk with you Jungkook." He said, gathering his things.

"I don't need you to talk. I just want you to listen to me."

"But I don't wanna listen to you either."

"I still need to explain." Jungkook said, getting slightly annoyed by the treatment he was receiving.

Jimin stopped to look at him before walking past him and making his way to the door. Jungkook sighed.

"Wait. Listen to me." He said and Jimin stopped and turned around.

"Okay. Let's hear what you have to say." He said and sat down on the little couch next to the door.

Jungkook didn't want everything to go like this but he had no choice.

"First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I know I shouldn't have acted like I did and I'm deeply sorry. I'm just... I'm not used to express how I feel or to comfort others. It doesn't excuse anything but I'd like for you to try to understand that it's just how I am." Jungkook said and waited for Jimin to react.

"Okay. I'm sorry I acted so coldly towards you earlier but Hoseok told me to give you a hard time because you shouldn't have gone away like you did. But we've known each other long enough so I should have predicted your reaction. I know you're kinda introverted but I like forgot about it because I feel comfortable around you." Jimin explained, lightly blushing.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"Really?"

"Of course. I'll do anything." Jungkook immediately replied.

"Anything... Okay then treat me to dinner tonight!"

"Tonight?"

"Yes. You walk me home and wait for me while I get prepared." Jimin said, getting up and putting the sassiest face Jungkook ever saw.

"Okay." Jungkook stated, giggling.

So, the two boys walked to Jimin's house, talking about their day. Jungkook was surprised to see that no one was home so he asked Jimin about it.

"My mom went to the city hall to prepare my dad's funeral. It was so sudden, she's very busy. I'm supposed to be there but she wanted me to go to class instead." Jimin explained. "Imma take a quick shower and come back. You can drink or eat whatever you want." He added and went up the stairs.

Jungkook looked around and went to the living room. There were a lot of pictures. He looked at each and he could see Jimin's dad in some of them. He looked very similar to Jimin. The same round face, full cheeks and when he was smiling his eyes melted into crescents as well. Jimin's mother looked kind and Jungkook found her very beautiful. He went to the kitchen and decided to make some tea before sitting on the couch in the living. He drank some tea as he scrolled through the bull on Twitter. People were apparently arguing about which group deserved the Daesang for Artist of The Year.

Some moments later, Jimin finally came down, his cheeks still pink from the shower, dressed up in blue ripped jeans and a white shirt. When he looked at how Jungkook was dressed, blue ripped jeans and a black shirt, he giggled, Jungkook turning to him.

"Oh, you're here. Let's go." Jungkook said, getting up.

"Yeah, let's go." Jimin said, beaming.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook asked as Jimin couldn't stop smiling.

"We match. I'm wearing a white shirt and you a black one and we're both wearing blue jeans."

"You're right. So, where do you wanna go?" Jungkook asked him as they went out of the house.

"There's this place I like going to. I think you'll like it too. They sell lamb skewers." Jimin said, winking at Jungkook.

"Yay, lamb skewers! But that's more a treat for me than for you." Jungkook said, pouting.

"They sell other things too. And you're the one paying, you need to make it up to me." Jimin said, brightly smiling at Jungkook.

They finally reach the restaurant and sit down, a waiter coming to them and handing them the menu.

As expected, Jungkook chooses lamb skewers and Jimin chooses ddeokbokki and kimbaps.

"Hyung, you should take something else." Jungkook says.

"I'm on a diet, Kook." Jimin replies before calling the waiter.

"Have you chosen?" He asks.

"Yes, I'll take lamb skewers and my friend here will take ddeokbokki and kimbaps. Could you bring us some tofu stew to share too?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course. Will it be all?"

"Water would be great." Jungkook added and the waiter took his leave after nodding briefly.

"Jungkook, I told you I was on a diet! I won't touch the stew at all." Jimin said, pouting.

"Hyung, some tofu stew won't make you gain weight. And we'll have the walk back home anyway. So stop worrying." Jungkook stated, making Jimin pout even more.

A couple of minutes later, they were served and both eating like they hadn't in days. Jimin was eating everything deliciously, even taking a bite of Jungkook's lamb skewers.

Jungkook was happy to see Jimin eating deliciously, it was as if everything was normal. He stopped eating to admire Jimin a bit more. His full cheeks as he took a kimbap in his mouth, chewing it hard, his eyes closing at the taste.

"Enjoying the view?" Jimin asked, his eyes closed. Jungkook blushed as he was caught.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied, taking a piece of meat from his skew. Jimin opened his eyes and looked at the younger.

"Your face is all red. You're so cute." He said, making Jungkook blush even more.

"I'm not cute..." Jungkook mumbled.

"You are. And there's no problem with that. I'm pretty cute myself." Jimin said. Jungkook would have said that he's pretty but he just sighed.

They finished their meal without much words exchanged before Jimin said that he needed to use the toilet. Jungkook took this opportunity to pay so that they could go quickly when Jimin would come out. So, he waited patiently a couple of minutes. But when after ten minutes Jimin still wasn't coming back, Jungkook made his way to the restroom, worried. When he entered, no one was inside but he could hear sniffles coming from a stall.

"Hyung? Where are you?" He asked, trying to find which stall Jimin was in.

He heard knocks coming from the very last stall so he went to it, knocking lightly.

"Hyung. What's wrong?" Jungkook softly said.

"N-no..." Jimin replied.

"Jimin, I need you to open the door."

Just then, the door opened, revealing a red eyed Jimin.

"J-Jungkook..." Jimin said and Jungkook pulled him out of the stall and into a hug.

"Shh... Everything is going to be okay hyung." He said, caressing the older's hair in a soothing manner.

Jimin was hugging him tight, sobbing on his shoulder, soaking his shirt.

"Come on. Let's go home." Jungkook said, taking tissues out of his pocket and handing them to Jimin. They quickly got out and Jungkook decided that walking home wasn't a good idea so he called Yoongi to pick them up.

When Yoongi arrived, Jimin was calmer but it was obvious that he had been crying a lot, which worried the older.

"What happened?" He asked, looking furiously at Jungkook.

"I didn't do anything. If anything, I apologized and helped him." Jungkook answered. "Can you take us home? I'll talk with you later." Jungkook added and Yoongi nodded, making Jimin sit on the passenger seat while Jungkook sat at the back.

When they arrived at Jimin's, Jungkook didn't know what would happen. He wondered if his mom was at home or not. Jimin had fallen asleep during the ride so Jungkook woke him up.

"Hyung. Jimin hyung. We're home you gotta wake up." He softly said, brushing his hair.

Jimin slowly opened his eyes.

"Hyung, is your mom home now?"

"I don't know. I don't think so." He replied.

"Well, let's see." Yoongi said, getting off the car, followed by Jimin and Jungkook.

They walked to the door and rang the bell. They waited for some time but no one opened the door. Jimin took his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door.

"I knew she wouldn't be home." He said, entering. "Do you want to stay a bit?" He asked.

"I'm sorry Jiminie but I can't." Yoongi said.

"I can stay with you for some time if you want." Jungkook said.

"Really? You already did so much Jungkook." Jimin said but he was relieved that the younger could stay with him even for a short moment.

"Well. Jungkook explain it all to me later, okay? I gotta go. See you tomorrow guys." Yoongi stated and closed the door.

"Do you want something to drink Jungkookie?" Jimin asked.

"Let me make us some tea, will you? You need to rest." Jungkook said, taking his jacket off.

Jimin was about to complain but when Jungkook made his way to the kitchen with a determined expression on his face, he held back.

Soon enough, two cups of tea were fuming in front of Jimin on his coffee table and Jungkook was sitting beside him.

"I'm sorry for breaking down like that." Jimin apologized.

"Don't be stupid, hyung. I'm not mad or anything and I know it's hard. I wouldn't ever be mad at you for crying over your dad." Jungkook said before taking a sip of his tea.

"Thank you. For being there for me." Jimin said, sipping on his tea as well.

"I'm not the only one. Hoseok and Yoongi are here too, aren’t they?"

"They are. But you're different. Hoseok has been telling me that everything was going to be okay and he's been badmouthing you over what happened yesterday." Jimin nervously giggled. "But that's all. Same with Yoongi. I don't know why but when you talk, I feel like what you say does become real." Jimin explains, making Jungkook nervous.

"That's quite unbelievable." He says and Jimin laughs.

"I know. That's just how I feel." Jimin said, sipping on his tea again.

Jungkook stared at him, hoping that he'll soon be happy in his head.

"Why do you keep on staring at me?" The older asked.

"I-I don't." Jungkook stuttered.

"You do. A lot. I just don't tell you so that you won't be uncomfortable. But I'm curious."

"I'm wondering what you're always thinking about. And you're pretty to look at." Jungkook replied, his face heating up.

"What?" Jimin said, looking at Jungkook with wide eyes.

"You're pretty." Jungkook repeated. Jimin blushed furiously.

"You're not bad to look at too." He said, a small smile on his lips.

"Thanks, I guess." Jungkook said, giggling.

They kept on drinking their tea in a quite awkward atmosphere until Jungkook announced that he had to go.

"Can't you stay the night? I don't think my mom will come home any time soon and..." Jimin shyly asked.

"Well... If you want me to. Let me text Tae." He said.

'Tae, I'm staying the night at Jimin's see you tomorrow.' The reply immediately came.

'You gotta explain it all to me! And get that !'

Jungkook rolled his eyes and smiled at Jimin.

"So, do you wanna sleep right away or do something else?" He asked.

"I don't know. Wanna watch a movie?"

“Okay.” Jungkook answered and Jimin turned the TV on, entering Netflix.

He scrolled through the movies until he found something he liked.

“Seriously? The Notebook?”

“Why not? I like it. And it has Ryan Gosling in it.” Jimin said, sitting next to Jungkook, waiting for the movie to begin.

“Okay.” Jungkook said, shrugging.

They watched the movie in silence, pausing it from time to time so that they could get something to eat or go to the toilet (Jimin has a small bladder).

After two long hours of romantic cliché scenes, the film was finally over and when Jungkook wanted to get up, he noticed that Jimin had fallen asleep. He smiled softly at the sight and crouched down next to him.

“I wish that you could always be happy even if life is hard. I wish that you could love me.” He whispered and went to the bathroom. When he came back, Jimin wasn’t lying on the sofa anymore so Jungkook went to look in his room.

“Hyung? When did you wake up?” he asked as he entered the room.

“Just now.” he said, quite awkwardly.

“I wanted to ask for some blankets. Since I’m going to sleep in the living room.” Jungkook said, getting closer to Jimin.

“Yes, let me go get them.” Jimin said, quickly going out of the room.

Jungkook was kinda surprised by the older’s reaction but brushed the weird feeling off and went back to the living room.

“Here you go. There are some pyjamas too, they shouldn’t be too small. I’m going to take a shower and go to sleep right away. You can take one too if you want. I’ll put a towel there for you. Or you can take one in the morning, it doesn’t matter.” Jimin explained, not meeting Jungkook’s eyes.

“Okay. Good night.” Jungkook said and Jimin hummed before flying to the bathroom.

When Jungkook heard the bathroom’s door close, he decided to change into the pyjamas and lie down on the couch. He was looking at the ceiling, wondering why was Jimin being so distant all of a sudden but still willing for him to stay. Okay, it was past 10P.M but he could have kicked Jungkook out of his house if he had a problem with him. Not able to find a good reason for his hyung’s behaviour, Jungkook drifted to sleep.

 

The next morning, Jungkook woke up as there were a lot of noises in the kitchen.  He slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them, looking towards the kitchen. He yawned and saw someone coming closer to him.

“You’re awake I see. Did you sleep well?” A woman asked. Jungkook could finally see clear and recognized Mrs Park.

“Yes, thank you. My condolences Mrs Park.” Jungkook stated as he sat up, bowing to the woman.

“Thank you, Jungkook. I’m glad someone stayed with Jimin. It’s been really hard on him and I couldn’t be there for him because of all the preparations for the funeral.”

“It was nothing. I’m thankful he came to me. I hope you’re not too tired.” Jungkook said, sitting up and trying to arrange his mess of hair.

“Actually, a friend of mine came to help me and she offered me to sleep at hers. I just came  back, I wanted to see how was Jimin doing but when I saw you sleeping here, I decided to tidy up a little.” Mrs Park answered, giggling. “Could you wake Jimin up so we could have breakfast all together?”

Jungkook nodded and got up. He took the blankets, properly folded them up and put them in the laundry basket in the bathroom as he went to Jimin’s room. He knocked in case the older was already awake and entered some seconds later as he heard no sound. The lights were off but a ray of sunshine was passing through the curtains. Jimin was sleeping peacefully on his back, letting little puffs of air out. Jungkook smiled fondly at the sight and went to open the curtains. He then sat beside Jimin, covering his face with his shadow so he wouldn’t be dazzled by the sunshine. He then put a hand on Jimin’s shoulder, shaking him lightly.

“Jimin hyung. Wake up. Your mom came back.” Jungkook softly stated. Jimin purred but didn’t move at all. Jungkook almost cooed at that but held back. “Jiminie hyung~” he said, shaking Jimin with more force. Jimin whined and his eyes fluttered open.

“Jungkookie?” he sleepily mumbled.

“Hyung, your mom came back. She wants us to have breakfast together.” Jungkook stated, straightening up.

“I’m coming. You can go back.” Jimin said, turning away from Jungkook.

“Okay…” Jungkook trailed off before going out of the room and closing the door behind him.

Five minutes later, Jimin was sitting down next to his mother instead of Jungkook, eating his cereals.

“Are you okay Jimin?” his mom asked him.

“I am. How about you?” he said after he had swallowed.

“I’m trying to cope. I was with Minyoung yesterday. She helped me.” Mrs Park answered.

Jungkook felt like something was off with Jimin. Seriously. He didn’t look as sad as he was yesterday, not as sad as his mother. Jimin suddenly looked at him.

“I wish you could always be happy mom.” He said, looking Jungkook right in the eye.

The younger’s eyes widened and he began to sweat. Jimin looked confused but also kind of angry. Jungkook looked at Mrs Park.

“I-I’m sorry but I gotta g-go. Stay strong, Mrs Park.” Jungkook said and got up, almost running to the entryway.

“Wait Jungkook! You haven’t finished your breakfast!” Mrs Park said.

“It’s okay. I-I wasn’t very hungry anyway. I’m sorry.” Jungkook replied and got out of the house after he had grabbed his coat.

He began to ran towards his home with all his might. When he arrived, he burst into the living room, shocking his parents who were having breakfast.

“Jungkook? What happened?” His mother asked, immediately getting up as she felt her son’s distress.

“J-Jimin… He knows.” Jungkook stuttered. “H-He knows, that I-I-” he went on, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Hey, Jungkook, breathe. Come here.” His mom said, leading him to the couch, hugging her son tight as his dad rubbed his back.

“How do you know?” Mr Jeon asked.

“Yesterday, I-I went to his hou-house. I stayed the night and I wished for his hap-piness, thinking that he was sleeping... B-but he heard me. I don't know how he understood but I-I know he knows. What should I do?” Jungkook asked his parents.

“Jungkook, I think you should be honest with Jimin. If you really care about him, you’ll have to tell him. We know how you feel about him. You must tell him if you want to be able to build something with him.” Jungkook’s mom told her son.

“But what if he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore? What if he thinks I’m a monster? What if he uses me? I don’t want to lose him.” Jungkook said, defeated.

“Sometimes, you need to be brave. And I honestly don’t think he could ever think of you as a monster or use you. He cares for you, that’s for sure.” Jungkook’s dad said.

“I was wondering on the way home… Do you think I can wish to not have this power anymore? It became a burden and I don’t really use it nowadays. I want to be honest.” Jungkook said, nervous.

“I don’t know if it will work. You’re the only person we know that has this kind of power. But are you sure that you want to lose it? Isn’t it of great help?” His mom asked, concerned.

“It is. I used it a lot to do good things around me. I even used it to get into college with Tae and be able to do what we love. But I feel like it became a burden since I met Jimin and I don’t like this. I want to be totally free when I’m with him and having to always be careful about what I say isn’t going to help in anyway.” Jungkook explained.

“You do whatever you want, dear. But before doing anything, tell the truth to Jimin and then decide what you’ll do, along with him if it’s possible.” Mr Jeon said and Jungkook smiled to him, going for a hug.

When Jungkook went to his room later this night, he called Taehyung before going to sleep and told him everything. His best friend agreed about telling the truth to Jimin but didn’t really know what to say about the fact that Jungkook wanted to lose his power. They decided to talk about it the next day and told each other goodnight before hanging up.

The next morning was a Saturday so Taehyung went to Jungkook’s home early so that they could talk everything out but also to reassure Jungkook who was stressed to no end about meeting up with Jimin.

“I don’t even know if he’ll agree to see me.” Jungkook said for umpteenth time.

“He will. We both know he’ll want to listen to you. He cares so much about you you’re the only oblivious one.” Taehyung replied.

“Stop saying that. You’re giving false hope. He does care for me but not in the same way as I do about him.” Taehyung was about to say a thing when Jungkook went on. “Even if he does, when I tell him about my feature he’ll probably freak out and leave me forever.”

“That’s the worst scenario. The only good thing would be that you’d be stuck with me forever and ever.” Taehyung said, flashing a creepy smile at Jungkook who shivered. “But it won’t happen. Trust me.” He said and Jungkook hugged him.

“I love you, Tae.”

“I love you too, bun.”

After having lunch with the Jeon family, Taehyung left and Jungkook sent a text to Jimin, asking him to meet up in the park at 4. Jimin agreed and Jungkook got dressed up, practiced what he would say and did some breathing exercise to release the anxiousness before it was time to head to the park. When he arrived, he sat down under the tree that Jimin loved the most: the cherry blossom one. It was surprisingly the only one in the park and Jimin always liked flowers and every time they would meet up in the park, they would find each other here; it was like an unspoken rule of their friendship. Jungkook arrived fifteen minutes early so he waited for some bit, fidgeting and imagining the worst scenarios in his head. At one point, he rose his head and saw Jimin approaching. He stood up, his nervousness showing.

“Hey.” He awkwardly greeted Jimin.

“Hey. You wanted to tell me something?” Jimin said, sitting down.

“I did.” Jungkook replied, sitting down himself. “I don’t know how you’ll take that but please, listen to me till the end.” He said and Jimin nodded.

Jungkook had Jimin’s full attention this time and even though it was nerve-wracking, he was glad for it. He took a big breath before beginning to talk.

“I don’t really know where to begin. We’ve been friends for quite some time now and I really like spending time with you. What I’m going to tell you will most surely shock you and I apologize in advance that I hid it from you but I had my reasons. It also explains why I left you the other day.” Jungkook looked into Jimin’s eyes, searching for something, anything. But he still had his full attention so he went on. “Since the day I could talk until now, I’ve been careful of my every word. I know how powerful a word can be, it can change everything. It was one of the main reasons why Taehyung became my best friend. Every time I made a wish, it would become real. If I wanted to have a chocolate cake for my birthday, I had to wish for it and if it didn’t harm someone in the process, I would have a chocolate cake. This feature has some rules and limits I have to follow though. For example, I can’t hope for someone to become richer or for the wars to stop. But I can make you happy for a moment.” Jungkook paused when he saw Jimin nod and advert his gaze.

“I understood that. You did it for me. I wasn’t sleeping when you wished for it. I felt all the sadness in my heart vanish to be replaced by a good feeling. It was so vivid, it was really strange. But when you said the other part, I didn’t feel anything. That’s when I understood.” Jimin said, looking back into Jungkook’s eyes.

“What?”

“I understood that I always loved you.”

“I-I don’t…” Jungkook said, confused. How could Jimin know if he hadn’t messed with his feelings?

“I already knew that you could make some things come true. I saw you with Tae some weeks ago. You were in the bathroom in front of the cafeteria and he was crying because of his grandmother. You wished for him to stop crying but it didn’t work. You ordered for him to stop and apologized as you took him into your arms. I kinda freaked out at the time but as time went by, I observed you more and more and I was surprised by how nice you were. You never used your power for yourself but always to help others. That made me fall harder for you.” Jimin got closer to Jungkook. “I kind of understood that you couldn’t make people change how they feel about someone. Taehyung couldn’t stop crying when you wished for him to because his grandmother was the most important person in the world for him. You knew you couldn’t wish for him to stop being sad but you ordered him to stop crying at least. So, when you wished for me to love you, it didn’t work.” Jimin smiled. “It didn’t have to anyway, I already loved you, I just couldn’t realise it.” Jimin finished, grabbing Jungkook’s hand.

“Wow. Jimin… I don’t know what to say. Thank you. I love you.” Jungkook breathed, his eyes welling up with tears.

Jimin giggled and felt Jungkook’s tears against his skin when they locked lips. Jungkook’s first thing to do was to internally wish for this moment to never end which made him smile. Jimin detached himself from Jungkook, looking curiously at him.

“Sorry. It’s just, the first thing I did was wish for this moment to never end.” He said, giggling.

“You’re cute.” Jimin said and kissed the younger once again.

It was sweet kiss, full of emotions. They were both so happy, they felt freed from something after they had confessed to each other. Tongues began to entangle as they were having a hard time breathing but they also had a hard time to part. They eventually did, looking at each other’s flushed face and abused lips, beaming.

“Do you wanna come to mine? I have something else to tell you.” Jungkook proposed.

“Only if you answer my question.” Jimin said and Jungkook nodded. “Will you be my boyfriend?” Jimin asked.

“Of course.” Jungkook answered, taking Jimin’s hand and kissing him on the cheek.

When they finally arrived home, Jimin greeted Jungkook’s parents before going to his room. They sat on the bed and Jungkook became serious.

“There’s something I want to do and I’d like to have your opinion.” He began and Jimin looked at him intently. “This power I have has become a burden for me. The fact that I need to be careful of every single word that comes out of my mouth has become too stressful and it stops me from being absolutely free. If it works, I’d like to wish to lose my power. What do you think I should do?” Jungkook asked. Jimin seemed to ponder over it for some time before finally coming to a conclusion.

“I think you should do it. It’s such a shame though but if it’s made your life harder, then you should get rid of it. Being able to express ourselves is already hard enough in our society, having another thing to stop you from doing so isn’t healthy. I’ll support you, no matter what you do.” Jimin answered, caressing Jungkook’s back in a reassuring manner.

“Okay. I really want to get rid of it.” Jungkook said, releasing a shaky breath.

He looked in Jimin’s eyes and took his hand, squeezing it.

“I wish to lose my power.” He said and he immediately felt like some weigh was being lifted from his shoulders. He shivered and lied down on his bed.

“So?” Jimin asked, lying down next to his boyfriend.

“I think it worked. I felt like something left my body.”

“Is there a way to make sure of it?” Jimin asked and Jungkook looked at him.

“Jimin-ah. I wish that you told what you love the most about me.” He said and when Jimin didn’t answer but laughed, he knew that it had worked.

“Seriously? Is that really what you’re curious about?”

“Well, yeah.” Jungkook said and Jimin straddled him.

“Yeah? Then what do you like about me the most?” Jimin asked in a flirty tone.

“Your shameless ways.” Jungkook answered, pecking Jimin’s lips.

“Am I shameless Jungkook-ah?” Jungkook nodded and Jimin got closer to his face. “The thing I love the most about you are your big wide eyes.” Jimin said, kissing Jungkook deeply.

Then, someone knocked on Jungkook’s room’s door. The couple quickly detached themselves from each other, sitting up.

“Yes?”

“I wanted to ask if Jimin wanted to eat with us tonight? You can call your mom too if you want.” Jungkook’s mom said.

“Thank you. I’ll ask my mom about it.” Jimin answered and Mrs Jeon smiled sweetly at the boys before going out of the room.

When the door closed, the couple erupted in laughter.

“I wish no one interrupts us ever again while we kiss.” Jimin said, pinning Jungkook down to the bed once more, resuming on kissing the hell out of him.