For the Love of Dogs

For the Love of Dogs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a nice January morning with the sun shining brightly and the cold wind gently blowing against the trees.

 

Sana was on her way to school when she saw a cute little puppy at the side of the street quietly playing by itself.

 

"Hey, little puppy. Why are you alone? Where's your mama? Are you lost?" Sana said as she was carefully approaching the puppy letting it sniff her hand first before touching it slowly in its head.

 

As soon as the puppy familiarized itself with the girl's smell, it immediately snuggled it's way into Sana's hand like it knows it's safe to be with her.

 

Sana was looking around looking for a mama dog in case the puppy just got its way lost, or maybe its owner who could be frantically looking for it.

 

"Hmmm, what should I do with you little puppy?" Sana said as she was caressing its head gently. "I can't just leave you here, can I? Do you want to come with me to my house? I live alone and I can give you some food and water."

 

Sana thought for a second whether it would be bad to miss her classes for the day. But then came to a conclusion that she can always ask Nayeon for notes of today's lessons.

 

After some time, Sana decided to carry the dog back to her home and give it some water and a little food. If the puppy was lost, maybe the owner would only live around the street where she found it, the street where she also lived.

 

She looked at the puppy who was now sleeping peacefully on the floor. She giggled to the cute sight. "I remember wanting a puppy before. Only Mom didn't let me have one because you guys poop everywhere."

 

She chuckled to herself and remembered one of her friends who owns dogs, Jeongyeon, who she knows lived near where she found the puppy.

 

*

 

Sana saw Jeongyeon one night feeding some stray dogs near their school when she was planning on throwing away some leftovers from a classroom party they had.

 

"Oh hey! Sana, right? Are those leftovers?"

 

"Uh.. yeah. What are you doing there?"

 

"Oh we also had a Christmas party in our class and we had a lot of leftovers so I fed it to these dogs. Can I have yours too? It can be their Christmas party too." Jeongyeon chuckled.

 

Sana felt a sudden warmth in her heart because of how Jeongyeon cared so much for these stray dogs. Looking at them happily munching on the leftovers Jeongyeon gave them, Sana decided to give hers too.

 

"Yeah of course! I guess it's a Merry Christmas to you, doggos!" Sana smiled feeling great about the thought of feeding stray dogs for Christmas. "And that makes you their Santa Claus~"

 

Jeongyeon chuckled. "I always feed them here whenever we have some leftovers at home. Our dogs only eat dog food so we give the leftovers to the strays. My family love dogs and I sometimes volunteer to a dog shelter." Jeongyeon said as she stood beside Sana, both looking contentedly at the dogs having their own Christmas dinner.

 

"Oh? I remember wanting a puppy before but my Mom said it's a hassle to own one so I never got one."

 

Jeongyeon laughed at the thought. "It really is a hassle but it's really worth it! Coming home and having them greet you like you left for a whole year is fun. Plus, these ones already know me so well so whenever they see me, they greet me happily too. It actually feels good."

 

A small smile was seen on Sana's lips when she imagined herself being greeted by dogs. "I'd love to have a dog someday. I live alone in my apartment ever since my parents moved back to Japan and I chose to stay here in my Aunt's building. Maybe having one can make me less lonely."

 

Jeongyeon suddenly had an idea and turned to face Sana. "Oh! One of our dogs just had her newborns! I can give you one! It's a lot having too many dogs at home, so we wanted to let some of the puppies get adopted by trusted people."

 

Jeongyeon suddenly extended her arms towards Sana which the latter just stared at in confusion.

 

"Let's be friends and then I can judge if you'd be a good dog mom or not. I can be your co-dog parent if you'd like! I'm Jeongyeon, by the way!" Jeongyeon flashed a wide smile that made Sana giggle.

 

Sana proceeded to shake Jeongyeon's hand. "And I'm Sana. I'd be glad to adopt a pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter