I Like You

I Like You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Y'know, you can't hide in the library forever, right?"

A voice spoke from beside Yeon who was too absorbed in the book she was reading. Alert, Yeon glanced to her left to see her friend, Jisung, before relaxing her posture upon realizing it wasn't the person she was trying to hide from. Still though, Yeon reached out to punch him in the arm.

"Ouch. What was that for?"

Jisung frowned as he caressed the sore spot.

"It's yours and Changbin's fault that I'm hiding here in the first place."

"What did we do?"

"Don't play dumb."

Yeon rolled her eyes as she returned back to her reading as Jisung chuckled beside her while taking a seat next to his friend. Yeon elbowed him away from her, but he barely budged and stayed in his spot.

"Oh, c'mon. You can't blame us for having a big mouth."

"That's why everyone calls you a squirrel."

"Wow. Rude."

"Just stating the facts."

"Hmm, you sound just like Nayoung."

"Yeah and because like me, she's in hiding, too, because of your guys' big mouths causing awkwardness for all parties."

"Oh, c'mon. Seriously? You can't blame us for letting it slip on who you guys like. You're both so obvious about it."

"No we're not, . The both of you just like the drama that unfolds along with Minho."

Yeon punched him again.

"Ow! Stop hitting me!" Jisung whined as he cradled the sore spot on his right arm.

"Then get the away from me then." Yeon stated in a firm, but soft tone while shooting the male a stern look. "Some of us are trying to read in peace."

"Like I said earlier, you can't hide in the library forever."

"Yes, I can."

"The school closes at night."

"And your point is?"

"You can't stay in the library forever, Yeon, especially within school's grounds once it's closed for the night and other days. Why don't you get that?" Jisung stated in an exasperated tone before shaking his head. "I swear, you're so dumb despite your academic standing."

Yeon smacked Jisung with her book as the male shifted away after being hit for the third time.

"You're so violent. I really don't get how Chan likes a girl like you even though you like a guy like him."

"It's because he doesn't actually like me like that, Jisung. I know it." Yeon reasoned while standing up with her backpack in one hand the other with her book that she lightly smacked Jisung in the back of the head with as well. "So shut up and leave me alone. I have other things to do besides worrying about Chan finding me even if I like a guy like him."

"Is that so?"

Another voice spoke as the duo turned to the source and realized that Chan found the duo.

"Fckn ." Yeon muttered as she took a few steps back before turning around and running off in the other direction away from Chan.

Jisung rubbed his face in annoyance with a shake of his head.

"Gosh she's so dumb."

A moment later Jisung felt a sting to his left cheek where Chan had playfully smacked him and he glared up at his friend.

"What was that for?"

"For not telling me that she would be at the library earlier." Chan stated with a laugh. "Thanks though."

"Don't thank me. Just go after her and get this done and over with." Jisung said with a wave of his hand. "I'm tired of getting picked on by the both of you."

Chan patted him on the cheek again with a grin.

"Thanks, buddy."

Chan shot him a mock salute before running off in the direction of where Yeon had taken off to. Jisung let out a sigh as he rubbed his cheek.

"The dumb things I do for dumb friends. I hope Changbin was just as successful."

Nayoung found herself hiding out in her school's DECA classroom where she helped her teacher, Ms. Ahn, run it as an on-campus store called GLOW with a few other upperclassmen after running away from the awkward situation that her friends had caused earlier. She usually wouldn't have cared about something like this, but since it actually involved her and the person she did liked she didn't like to be around in the awkward an embarrassed atmosphere. Nayoung disliked being teased about her crush, but she disliked the actuality of being teased while her crush was also present.

"Thanks for the help today, Nayoung." Ms. Ahn thanked her. "I think this should be enough for the rest of the week."

"Oh, we're already done?" Nayoung asked after helping put everything away after going to the store to stock up their own little store.

"Mmhmm."

"There's nothing else you need help with?"

"Nope. I'll have Sangyeon, Jacob, Saerom, or Hayoung take care of it tomorrow in the morning. You've done more than enough today."

"I mean, I can take care of it since I have nothing else to do."

"Oh? Your friend has been waiting for you outside for a good few minutes."

"Really?"

"Yes. He didn't want to disturb you until you were done."

"It's okay. He can wait."

Nayoung had a feeling of who it could be, but she wasn't in any hurry to find out who it was.

"Nayoung, don't make people wait. You're done here. Thank you."

"But-"

"I said you're done. Thank you for today."

Ms. Ahn gave her student a pointed look with a small smile and Nayoung nodded her head in understanding while biting her lip from finding a way to continued with doing something for GLOW. She gathered her things, bid her teacher goodbye, and reluctantly left the classroom. Nayoung ignored the male that stood waiting outside and walked on like she hadn't just looked in his direction to see who he was. Of course on the inside she was totally freaking out wondering why Hyunjin, the guy she liked, was even here waiting for her.

"Jisung and Changbin are totally dead when I get my hands on them." Nayoung muttered as she picked up her pace and walked a little faster.

Hyunjin scoffed as he kicked himself off from the wall he was leaning against and followed after Nayoung.

"Hey." He called out to her, but Nayoung ignored him.

"Nayoung."

Hyunjin tried again, but still received the same results.

"Lee Nayoung."

Nayoung stopped walking and turned around a little annoyed as she glared at Hyunjin.

"What?"

Hyunjin's steps faltered as he awkwardly halted where he stood not expecting Nayoung to respond to him indifferently.

"Well?"

Nayoung looked at Hyunjin expectantly since he was the one trying to get her attention in the first place although she knew she was misdirecting her behavior due to the two that had caused it at Hyunjin instead. Hyunjin was at a loss for words and so Nayoung dismissed the situation quietly while turning back around and walked off again in hopes that he wouldn't try to follow and talk to her again. She was having mixed emotions and so didn't want to deal with them at the moment.

"Hey! Don't just walk away like that!" Hyunjin finally yelled out towards Nayoung. "You know how long it took me to find out where you were?! I had to forced Changbin to tell me where you'll be."

"Not my problem! Changbin's dead to me and I can do whatever I want! You're not my dad, Hwang Hyunjin!" Nayoung retorted while glancing over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at him with a silly face.

Hyunjin's jaw dropped at Nayoung's teasing. Nayoung smirked at him before realizing what she was doing. She suddenly faced forward and ran off with Hyunjin giving chase and yelling out for her to stop and talk to him instead.

Yeon tried to quiet her heavy breathing to slow down her rapid heart-beating after running away from Chan and hiding within the secluded area of the library that was hardly visited unless needed. She figured that Chan would assumed she had left the library and would be running around all over campus looking for her. Once her breathing and heartbeat was normal again did she relax herself and sat on the floor with her back against the bookshelf. Before she could actually just chill the ringing of her phone erupted the silence and she hurried to mute her phone inside her backpack.

"I knew taking it off silent mode once school was over was a reallly bad idea." Yeon muttered to herself as she pressed the button to mute the call. "And why did he have to call me? Doesn't he know that I'm trying to avoid him for a reason?"

"Well, it's a really dumb reason." Chan spoke from behind her in a crouching position.

Yeon let out an inaudible squeal as she shifted her attention towards the male while crawling away from him. Yeon was about to yell at him, but Chan wiggled a finger at her with a teasing look while making a 'shh' sign with his other.

"Don't forget, Yeon. We're in a library." Chan said in a matter-of-fact tone despite his mischievous expression. "You don't wanna be too loud now. Unless..." He trailed off as he wriggled his eyebrows in a suggestive manner while standing back up and advancing towards her.

"You're so dumb, Chan. Shut the up."

Yeon threw her phone at him due to being flustered by his words and expressions and hoping that it would stop him from moving closer to her. The two then stared at the object as it fell to the ground after hitting Chan. He glanced up at her amusingly while Yeon braced for whatever was about to happen.

"Did you really throw your phone at me?"

"Yes. Now leave."

"It's the school's library, Yeon. I can stay if I want to."

"Fine. You can stay and I'll leave."

Yeon stood up as Chan watched her, but then blocked her path when she tried to move pass him as he was blocking her only exist.

"Move." Yeon commanded, but Chan didn't.

He pointed at her mobile device that was still on the floor.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Oh that? I was just gonna get a new one with a new number so no one can bother me when I transfer school and all that junk."

Yeon inwardly facepalmed at her words and wondered what made her say such things. Chan frowned.

"You wanna transfer school just when I found out that you like me, too?"

"Too? The ? Why would you like me?"

"The same reason you like me."

Please log in to read the full chapter