Once Upon a Bus Ride

[ONESHOT] Once Upon a Bus Ride

 

Once Upon A Bus Ride
 
 
 
 
“Omma! Omma!” Three cute little angels were shouting, wanting for their omma to notice them.
 
Their omma walk towards them, smiling. She already knows what they want.
 
“What is it my cute little babies? Isn’t it time to sleep already?” The mother said as she kissed the foreheads of her children.
 
“Omma. Please tell us our favorite story.” The eldest of the three said. While the other two chimed in giddily.
 
Their omma have no other choice. She can’t say no to these three anyway. She heaved out a sigh first before telling the story. The three waited patiently.
 
“One fateful day of August, a girl was coming back to her hometown. Her boss gave her a day off since she has been a hardworking girl.”
 
The three children enthusiastically seated and listened to the story. Their mother smiled sweetly at the three.
 
“She was oblivious that someone was following her. Finally, she comfortably sat on her seat inside the bus that will take her to her hometown. She was listening to her iPod that she didn’t notice the guy who seated on the vacant seat next to her. The guy just smiled at the girl, amused at how the girl could be so dense that someone was already beside her.”
 
“After some minute of waiting, the bus finally departed. It’s going to be a long hour of ride. The lad was starting to get irritated and amused at the same time.  The girl was still not paying attention to him. So he pulled one ear plug of the girl.”
 
 
 
G:Ya! What the hell?
 
 
 
 
“The girl said pissed off. Her eyes widened realizing who was sitting beside her.”
 
The three girls chuckled.
 
 
 
 
B:Finally, I got your attention. So, what’s so good to look outside than to see my beautiful face huh?
 
 
 
 
“The boy said sarcastically. The boy was having fun teasing her which the girl really didn’t like. So instead of paying attention to him, she erased that someone was there besideher.”
 
“Kekeke~ poor boy. If I were him I’ll just kiss the girl right away.”
 
The two girls including their mother just look incredulously at the second to the eldest child. The mother almost laughed hard with her son’s crazy idea.
 
“Ya! You’re still young to say that. Tsk. Omma please continue.” The eldest suggested glaring at her cute little bro.
 
“Ok.”
 
 
 
 
B: Ya! If you don’t pay attention to me, I’ll tickle you.
 
 
 
 
“The boy said trying to win the attention of the girl yet again. He was bugging her to wits end that the girl got so annoyed, she pinched his cheeks.”
 
 
 
 
B: Ya! Ya! What the hell is that for?
G: You were annoying me in case you didn’t know.
 
 
 
 
“The girl said sarcastically while she was getting ready to land some punches to his dumb head. The boy noticed what she will do so he backed off and said his sorry.”
 
 
 
 
B: Omo! I’m sorry. I didn’t intend to piss you off. I’m just trying to have a talk with you but you’re so busy watching whatever is there outside.
 
 
 
 
“The girl, who isn’t use of getting angry for a long time, calmed herself and looked at the boy quizzically.”
 
 
 
 
G: What are you doing here anyway? Don’t you have any better things to do?
B: Isn’t it obvious? Do I really have to spell it out?
 
 
 
 
“Her brow rise questionably. Wondering what is the guy doing there. Then it finally hit her.”
 
 
 
 
G: Omo! Are you…are you following me?
B: Wow! I didn’t know that you are that slow. But sorry to tell you, No. I’m not following you. I’m going to visit someone in your hometown.
 
 
 
“The girl didn’t bite what the boy said but she let it off. She rolled her eyes and stray her attention back to the vast land outside that she didn’t notice the victorious smile of the young lad.”
 
“Kyaaaa. Our favorite part. Our favorite part!” said by the two girls smitten while their brother was eyeing them lazily. He really can’t understand her sisters.
 
“Ok girls calm down.” The mother commanded, though inside her she was like the same as her two daughters.
 
“The guy, who couldn’t stand her snobbish acts, thinks of an idea.”
 
 
 
 
B: Hey! Do you have something we can play while waiting to get there? I’m kinda’ bored here.
 
 
 
 
“She just glanced to him and then sighed. She couldn’t ignore his presence at all, so she gave up her pretense of ignoring him.”
 
 
 
 
G: Hmmm. I have Tap Tap Revenge here. Wanna play?
B: Of course, I told you I’m bored.
 
 
 
 
“But unknown to the girl’s knowledge, the guy was cooking up something.”
 
 
 
 
B: Before we start our game, let’s put some rewards so it’ll be a lot more fun. What do you say?
 
 
 
 
“The girl thinks for a while. She knows the game like the back of her hand so she wasn’t afraid to lose. Her face plastered by a devilish smile.”
 
 
 
 
G: Deal. The winner can do whatever to the loser.
B: Huh! Ready to lose?
 
 
 
 
“And so the two started playing. For the first 4 rounds of the game, the girl was winning.”
 
 
 
 
G: My fourth win! You lose.
B: You’re just lucky. So what do you want?
G: I’m still thinking
 
 
 
 
“The boy was already losing hope. However, on their fifth game, something happened. The ride became quite bumpy due to the rocky road, making the girl lose her concentration.”
 
 
 
 
G: aigooo. You’re so damn lucky. Aisht. So what do-
 
 
 
 
“Before the girl could even continue what she wanted to say, the boy’s lips silenced her. It was just 5 seconds but everything turned into slow mo. The girl’s eye widened in shock. The boy smugly looked at the girl. He flashed his boyish smile. The girl was still not recovering from what happened.”
 
The two girls squealed in chorus while the mother was smiling sweetly at the two. 
 
 
 
 
B: I claimed my prize. Next game?
 
 
 
 
“He said proudly of what he did. The poor girl was still in a state of shock. Her brain couldn’t comprehend what he just said.”
 
 
 
 
G: Play all you want. I’m out. I’ll just tell you what you will do when we get back to Seoul.
 
 
 
 
“She said finally recovering from his kiss.”
 
 
 
 
B: oh come on. Don’t get mad.
 
 
 
 
“The boy said appeasing her. But the girl just gave him a silence treatment for what he did. What the guy didn’t know, that kiss affected the girl so much. Her cheeks turned into crimson red. She let her hair to hide her face from him, making a curtain between them.”
 
 
 
 
G: What was that kiss for?
 
 
 
 
“The girl broke the awkward silence that engulfed them. She wanted to take the risk of knowing what the kiss was for. Her hazel brown eyes stared intently and seriously to his black orbs.”
 
 
 
 
B: Why do you want to know?
 
 
 
 
“The girl got hurt a little, feeling that the kiss was just nothing to him while it meant more to her. She looked back outside.”
 
 
 
 
G: N-nothing. I just want to know. Because if you just kissed me without telling me the reason, then let’s forget that we ever knew each other.
 
 
 
 
“The boy hesitated and felt guilty. He didn’t know how to explain his hidden feelings. What if she doesn’t feel the same? But he wouldn’t be able to stand more if she will totally ignore him. So he braced his self and bared his feelings.”
 
 
 
 
B: What if I tell you that that kiss meant something.
 
 
 
 
“The girl instantly looked at him with a confused look. Her brow rose to express her unspoken questions. To answer her, his lips swooped down to hers. Not minding the other passenger in the bus, he kissed her carefully. All unspoken words of love were shown and expressed on their first kiss.”
 
The girls “awwww-ed” as if they were seeing the scene happening. Her son just smiled.
 
 
 
 
B: I love you. I love you with all my heart.
 
 
 
 
“The boy finally found his courage to say the three words he has been dying to say to her. The girl was too overwhelmed; she couldn’t utter a single word because of too much happiness. She kissed him back hoping that it sent him her message.”
 
“Kyaaaa. Finally!!!! So sweet.” The two girls jumped on their bed squealing non-stop.
 
“Ya! Ya! Aigoo. So disgusting. Cut it out. The story is not yet finish. Tsk. Girls. Omma. Please continue.” The mother laughed at her son’s cute antics.
 
“Some minutes passed by and the two was just feeling one another.”
 
 
 
 
G: I thought you won’t say that. Tsk. You made me wait that long. Aigooo.
B: You…you mean, you feel the same way?
G: Babo! Do you think I would kiss you like that if I don’t? aisht so thick headed of you. I love you of course.
 
 
 
 
“The two finally revealed their affections towards one another. The passengers who were watching gave them a heartwarming smile, happy how these two love birds finally found their way to one another’s heart. And so they kissed one another again drowned into their happiness.”
 
 
 
 
 
B: Since we’ve finally come to this, I think I need to confess something more.
 
 
 
 
“The girl and the passengers looked puzzled at the boy. The latter just smiled lovingly at her.”
 
 
 
 
G: What is it?
B: Actually, I…I followed you. I was…errr…thinking that I will…I will ask your family’s blessing…so…so I can officially court you.
 
 
 
 
“The passengers expressed their fondness at the two with their awwwsss, while the girl smiled widely. The boy looked down shyly. The girl lifted her head and looked at him full of love.”
 
 
 
 
G: You don’t have to. I’m yours since the very start. I love you.
 
 
 
 
“The whole bus applauded at the love story they witnessed. The two love birds glanced at everyone shocked, noticing them for the first time. They bowed shyly and thankfully to everyone who were expressing their regards that the two would have a happy life. And so they did.”
 
“The End.” All of them said in chorus.
 
They were laughing when a knock interrupted them.
 
“Appa!!!” The three children shouted in rejoice, running to their father.
 
“Hi babies. It’s already time to sleep. You’re mother is already tired. Let her sleep.” The father said as he tucked his children into their beds.
 
“Hi hon, it’s alright. We’re done with the story telling anyway.” The mother said as she kissed his husband’s lips.
 
“Kyaaaa.” The three children hid their faces inside the blanket to not see their parent’s lovey-dovey acts.
 
The two just laughed at the reactions of their children.
 
“Mianhe. Sleep tight now babies. I and omma will sleep now.” They said as they closed the door.
 
They were in their room already. He pulled her wife close to him and gave her a peck on the lips.
 
“So you told them that story again huh.” He said smiling.
 
“Sneaky. You were listening. You know them. That is their favorite story before they sleep. It never gets old to them.”
 
“But don’t you think that it’s not quite fitting for their age. They should hear children’s story.”
 
“What? Those fairytales? Ani! I want them to hear a true story. I want them to hear the ‘once upon a bus ride’ story of my parents. I want it to be pass on.”
 
She snuggled to him closer, feeling his warmth.
 
“Arasso. If that’s what you want. So let’s sleep now my lovely wife.”
 
He pulled the blanket over them and then kissed her.
 
“Good night mom. Good night dad.” The girl said as she kissed the picture of her parents, Dara and Jiyong.
 
She smiled, thinking that her parents’ smiled back to her as they watched them somewhere up there.