Company

Would You Lie With Me (And Just Forget the World?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo used to sleep alone.

She usually sleeps beside Jeongyeon, her best friend.

This night though, it’s different.

Momo sleeps well that night, surrounded by her stuffed toys and wrapped in a fluffy blanket. This is her usual condition when she wakes up after a very long and tiring day. Though she frequently moves in her sleep, she fortunately does not fall off of the bed and in most instances, Jeongyeon would tuck her in before the elder girl goes for a run early in the morning.

She wakes up to the same, usual scene of their room - her shoes by the door, her training bag beside it, a chair occupied by a few used clothes like they’re in their own apparel limbo, typical setting. She rubs her eyes and yawns as she attempts to stretch her limbs. She’s about to move out of her bed when she realizes that Jeongyeon’s pretty much wrapped around her body. She coos are her bestfriend before finally looking down.

This isn’t Jeongyeon .

She knows that Jeongyeon is beautiful in her own way but Momo isn’t attracted to her best friend’s looks. This girl beside her is beautiful in more ways than one and Momo can’t take her eyes off of her. She admires the girl’s beautiful features as she sleeps soundly.

Her closed eyes, her bridged nose, her puffy cheek, her parted lips.

God those lips

The girl is basically on top of Momo, her head on Momo’s chest, her arm lazily wrapped at her side. Momo’s heartbeat thumps loudly against her chest, a blush creeping from her neck up to her cheeks, her face getting warmer at the view before her.

Mina.

As in Jeongyeon’s groupmate Mina

The shy, gamer Mina

That Mina who caught Momo’s eye the first time they met

Momo finally recollects her thoughts of last night. She went home, met Mina and Nayeon, played Overwatch, then talked for a bit-

Wait. Was it only for a bit?

Ohh

In a span of 3 hours or so, she got to know Mina, or at least a part of her, but is the real Mina hidden behind her shy exterior. It resonates so much with Momo because they share the same interest: their love of dance. She gazes down on Mina, wanting to touch her face after she felt her sadness embrace her when she talked about how she had to give up what she loved for her family. Of course Momo felt it before but her parents gave her a compromise that she can continue dancing if she can get good grades which she faithfully does. Her parents are supportive of her endeavors and not once have they attempted to stop her from doing what she loves. Meanwhile this girl before her has been caged her whole life, prevented from achieving what makes her happy. Momo makes a vow within herself that she will do something about Mina’s situation.

Momo must have involuntarily moved since the girl groans and opens her eyes, feeling the sheets around Momo’s side. Mina opens her eyes, rubbing them to brush off the drowsiness in her eyes before finally waking up to the image of Momo staring at her intensely. Realization hits her as she jolts up from her position, eyes wide open in fear, shame, and shock all at the same time.

“M-Momo I..!” Mina wants to explain but Momo cut her to the chase

“N-No, it’s.. it’s fine actua-”

A shriek is heard outside the room. They stare at one another before coming up with a silent agreement that no one will ever know had just happened. They look away from one another, both failing to see the blush on the other’s face. Momo hears Jihyo shouting outside prompting her to get on her feet while Mina stays behind, sitting on the bed as she distracts herself from this morning’s ministrations. She takes the time to text her parents a good morning and let them know that she’ll be home shortly.

Momo opens the door to an unusual scenario. To her left, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are sitting on the floor, looking like deers in a headlight. To her right, Chaeyoung stands in front of their door, her hands cover , definitely in a state of shock. Beside her, Jihyo towers the younger girl while assessing the situation. Each person only giving her a quick glance before facing one another again.

“What the hell are you screaming at this early in the morning?” she asks Chaeyoung. Jihyo’s low voice resonates through the room, a hint that the nurse still hasn’t had enough sleep last night. Chaeyoung is about to spill when Jeongyeon sprints towards her younger cousin, putting an arm over her shoulder and muffling any sound coming out of

“Chaeng! My lil bro! My favorite cousin! Why were YOU screaming?” she emphasizes before she flashes a fake smile. This earns questioning looks from Momo and Jihyo, both equally estranged by the cousins’ antics. A bead of sweat slowly trickles down Jeongyeon’s nape.

The shorter girl struggles from her position, and forces Jeongyeon to take her hand off of to speak. The elder cousin gave her a pleading look but Chaeyoung is too scandalized to even give in.

“I… I was about to get some coffee for the day,” Chaeyoung lowers her head, hiding a blush on her cheeks. “I opened the door slowly and silently so I won’t wake Jihyo-unnie up.. I walk out and what do I see? You two..” she points both of her index and middle finger at Jeongyeon and Nayeon. “I heard giggling and.. And.. and some smooching sounds!!”

It’s now Jihyo and Momo’s turn to look surprised, their eyes wide open as they finally piece together what had happened a few moments ago. While Chaeyoung went on with her story, the girls in question keep on looking away from the three other girls in the vicinity.

“You two were kissing!!” Chaeyoung finally concludes, enough to make Jeongyeon and Nayeon blush, their heads hang low. “And don’t even tell me it wasn’t just a kiss! Look at your clothes!” she points out at the disheveled tops of both girls who promptly smoothen and brush over a few crumples on their shirts.

Momo leans by the door as she continues observing the scenario. She looks at Nayeon who, at the same time, looks at her only to look at somewhere else in a split second, the smaller girl fiddling with her fingers. Momo then averts her attention to her best friend who’s arguing with Chaeyoung in an attempt to make the young artist believe her that what she saw wasn’t that big of a deal.

“Okay, okay. I’ll admit it,” Nayeon finally cuts in. “Yes, what Chaeyoung saw is true. Jeongie and I were kissing,” she confesses with her voice getting softer with each word. “We were just talking and then you get it,” she finally breathes as she blushes even more. Jeongyeon lets go of Chaeyoung, a sign that she’s surrendering to what was accused of her. “It’s not like we’re having , you know?”

“If I haven’t walked in on you two I might have..” Chaeyoung grumbles in a low voice.

Jihyo finally sighs, probably out of relief that whatever is it that woke her up isn’t that serious or probably too because she’s still sleepy and tired and would really like it to go back to sleep instead of dealing with whatever is going on. She moves towards Chaeyoung, pulling her back in their room.

“All right, all right since Jeong and Nayeon here already admitted it, can we call it quits? Please, no more shouting this morning,” Jihyo pleads before taking a hold of Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “Chaeng, get your coffee and then back to the room. Don’t you have an exam later today? I saw your calendar last night,” gently reminds the nurse which made the smaller girl smack her forehead.

“Oh you’re right!!” She bolts back into their room, shuffling through her things to prepare for the day.

While Chaeyoung prepares, Jihyo reverts her attention to both girls still unmoving after getting caught. “And you two..” she pauses as she looks at both of them. Nayeon and Jeongyeon lift their heads up to look back at the nurse, worried about what she will say next. “Jesus Christ. Get a room you two,” she smirks and waves off her hands before walking back in their room to continue her sleep.

“Wait! Ji! Lemme ex-”Jeongyeon almost runs to follow but she only glances Jihyo’s hand giving her a thumbs up as the door finally comes to a thud. She gives a big sigh once the door closed, allowing her to normally breathe for the first time that morning, Nayeon following soon after. She drifts her gaze towards her lab partner who’s looking back at her, cheeky smile ever present for Jeongyeon to see and she can’t help but smile at her too. It warms her up on this cold morning

Jeongyeon hears her best friend snickering by the door, laughing at probably is the worst lie Jeongyeon has ever said.

“Hey Momo! What are you laughing at?” she says with her brows crossed and a smile before walking towards the other girl. Momo gives her a teasing smile and a hand gesture putting both of her hands together, as if imitating two people kissing. Nayeon laughs at this and Jeongyeon chases her best friend out of the room.

Mina comes out soon after, as she witnesses Jeongyeon and Momo wrestling, the latter under the other girl. Jeongyeon began tickling Momo’s sides, earning loud laughs and words asking Jeongyeon to stop until she tears up in laughter with the assault.

They spend a few minutes on the floor to catch their breaths before Momo smacks Jeongyeon in the head that made Jeongyeon scowl.

How cute Mina smiles fondly.

-

That day went out with a blur, with Nayeon and Mina bidding them goodbye to go home, Jeongyeon going out for some snacks, and Momo putting in some more time to practice. The two friends didn’t have much time to talk about what happened not until the next day while they are their lunch.

Momo is all smiles as her best friend goes into detail of how they woke up that day in each other’s arms, facing one another, and a few moments of bickering.

(“Your breath stinks, Yoo” Nayeon casually notes.

Jeongyeon pretends to be shocked while thinking of a good comeback but eventually fails. “Hmm? Is that so? Lemme brush my teeth then”

“No no! Stay. I’m just teasing you,” Nayeon holds Jeongyeon down as she whispers against Jeongyeon’s face. “You have beautiful lips though” The smaller girl’s eyes dart downwards before looking back up to meet Jeongyeon’s gaze. They were wrapped in each other’s arms like this wasn’t the first time they did it. Jeongyeon’s not complaining though.

“O-Oh..” she stutters, heart beating f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter