forbidden love

Hidden Love

"Gosh, why are you so clingy?", Yongsun shouts as she shrugs off a needy Byul nestled in the grooves of her shoulder, arms wrapped around her waist. This wasn't an unusual sight. Rather, it would be questionable not to see Byul attached to Yong in one form or another. Today, however, Yong just wasn't feeling up to weather. The incessant thumping in her head wouldn't subside, and the fact that Byul kept her up all night didn't help either.

A heavy silence engulfed the room and all heads in their make-up shop turned to Yongsun and Moonbyul. Byul quickly let go, mentally binding her arms which seemed to have a mind of its own by her side and jumps back. Creating some space between them, Byul looked into Yongsun's direction, trying to steal glances at her while focusing her attention on that oddly worded question. She wouldn't say oddly. If someone was to be this clingy, anyone would probably ask the same question, especially in this strictly conservative country of Korea. But to Byul, it came as a surprise. Putting up with Byul's over-the-top skinship for 5 years required immense patience. So Yongsun snapping now was unusual.

It wasn't a particularly hot day, but Byul could feel the wet, sticky sensation on her back. It was the disgusting feeling of a sweaty shirt clingy onto her back. Byul felt her face flush red, radiating heat as Yongsun began to mutter words at her. But her brain didn't process the question directed towards her.

"Why is that I can never form coherent words in your presence." Byul whispers to herself. "Why is it only when I'm in front of you that I grow fidgety and that my mind grows blank.

No,

deep down I already know the answer."

 

She tried to push it down like a stopping a burst tap. But it finds its way up, like a balloon underwater. Byul instinctively knew what the answer was. She attempted to stay mum.

But no,

it was too late.
 

The words "Its because I love you" fell under her breath all too quickly.

Byul just hoped Yong didn't hear her.

***

I'm back! I'm so sorry for the long break. School caught up to me and I wasn't able to find the time to write at all. I hope I'll be able to write a bit often and hope you enjoy my short drabbles from now on :)