Hazy Shades of Winter | PART 1 |

The Four Seasons

| Author's Note |

~ As I have said earlier, each season will only focus on one specific pairing but you will also get to know the rest of the characters by reading each season.  So I will be starting the season with winter because...just because lol.. no, it's because my favorite season is autumn and i want daragon to star in it soooooo save the best for last wahehehe..so to those applers be patient with me okay?!!but make sure to read all chapters so you'll have an idea what their characters are like and what story they have :)) okay imma stop rambling now... enjoy the first chapter! feel free to comment (but please be gentle lol) ~thanks for readin!!

 

 

___________________________________

 

 
 
“Yah!  I said, I’m doing fine.  You need to calm down.”  Lee Chaerin yelled at the receiver for the third time.  Her hand is starting to get numb as the snow kept on falling on her hands.  Her nose felt like it was going to fall off any minute from the cold gush of wind every now and then.  It is indeed winter time - time for people to clamor towards the skiing resorts and time for Chaerin to hibernate in her little cave.  But due to a broken heart, well more of a broken ego that is, she decided to make this winter a little bit more exciting than the previous ones. 
 
 
 
"Who are you and what have you done to my CL-roo????" The voice from the other line dramatically sobbed.  There were rustles on the other line, followed by a faint noises.  
 
 
 
"Chaerin-ah, do not listen to this ahjumma!" Another familiar voice came.  Chaerin can already picture the chaos that is Sandara Park and Park Han Byul.  "I repeat do not listen to Dara ahjumma!  Go and explore the world, my love!" Shen then yelled at the background, 'Go tend to your Master Jiyong's wishes.  Fight dragons for him or kiss his feet or something.  Lee Seungri your face is way to close! I can smell the bulgogi you ate last night!'  
 
 
 
 
"Chaerin-ah, the ahjumma is under a spell of PMS right now so- YAH Sandara Park!" She could hear the two bantering yet again and most probably pulling each other's hair out.  Footsteps can be heard and some cry of pain as well.  The usual happenings when the two see each other. A small chuckle escaped from her lips.  
 
 
 
 
“I will see you guys soon.  And no I am not telling you guys, especially Lee Seungri who have his nose sticking at the receiver right now, where I am.  Please do me a favor?  Try not to kill each other until I get back?”  She bid goodbye to her worried friends and immediately turned off her phone before she changes her mind into blurting out her whereabouts.  This is the first time she ‘rebels’ and it is giving her the euphoria of being so ‘badas$’.  
 
 
 
Just as she was embracing the coldness of winter, the snow began pouring again. She quickly ran inside the small cabin she rented that would probably cost her at least half of her current savings.  But she couldn’t care less.  What she needed right now is to get away from the harsh city life and enjoy playing around in the snowy mountains.   As she entered the cabin, she was welcomed with the warmth coming from the fireplace and the smell of freshly brewed hot chocolate.  “Aaah ~ this is life!”  She exclaimed and plopped towards the white fluffy cushion awaiting her.  Everything felt so comfortable that she wished she could just stay there forever – no sound of the bustling city, no noises from her neighbors, and most especially there is no annoying Lee Seungri.  She shot up from her bed as his face flashed before her and his irritating voice entered her head, ‘I told you so, Lee Chaerin.’ 
 
 
 
“What a mood breaker.” She hissed.  “No…There’s no way I will let him get to me.”  She took one deep breath and chanted her daily mantra ‘Life is too short to be unhappy.’  It drowned out all the negativity in her body and so to completely clear off her mind, she began to explore her room instead.
 
 
 
The view from her veranda was too magnificent that she can’t help but marvel at it.  She couldn’t believe how she has always hated winter and the snow it brings.  Her memory of seeing the snow for the first time was very unlikely compared to the reactions of a normal kid.  She remembered running back to their house and tried to stay inside for as much as she can.  ‘Winter is too chilly for my own liking’, she told her father.  But now thinking about it, her late father must have thought she was weird.  “I am indeed a weird kid.” She giggled as she recalls the event a couple of nights ago.  Weird Lee Chaerin was dumped by her equally weird boyfriend of three months.  Apparently according to him she was too weird for him to handle. 
 
 
“That bastard.  How dare he dump me just like that?  Huh, who does he think he is Teddy Park?  At least Teddy Park wanted to get my number.”  She recalled that incident at a bar when Teddy Park, South Korea’s hottest musician, approached her and asked what her number was.  The alcohol concentration in her head at that time probably was way too low that her ‘righteous’ self appeared.   Instead of getting excited, as what was expected for a normal South Korean girl, she walked out on him like a boss.  She never dared tell anyone, not even Dara, for the fear that she’ll get stoned to death.  “That jerk.  Does he want the entire nation to murder me? Ani. I will never become the other woman.  Never.” 
 
 
 
The whole nation is fully aware of the ‘perfect couple’.  The genius musician is dating one of the most beautiful and sought-after actress, Han Eun Mi.  If you will see their pictures and billboards plastered all over the city, you’ll really believe that fairy tales still do exist and that awful truth that only gorgeous people are meant for each other.  Everyone loves them - adores them.  They might even make it a national holiday if they will ever announced they are getting married.  So in Chaerin’s mind, what she did, was one of the best decisions she has ever done in her life.  She saved her life and the lives of those people who will die of heart attack once found out that their beloved perfect couple is not so perfect at all.  She did everyone a favor.    
 
 
 
 
“They should build me a monument and throw banquets in my name.”  Her laughter was short-lived as she felt a lump forming in .  “Aigoo....what happened to you Chaerin-ah?” She sighed.  Maybe she does need to be ‘CL  the baddest female of Seoul City’ she dreams to be.  She chuckled at that silly idea she wrote down one day during sixth grade’s English class.  Perhaps she can wake CL, her alter ego, next time she goes out on a date or meet someone who will tell her ‘you’re weird Lee Chaerin’.
 
 
“Yah weirdo!”
 
 
 
It felt like breath was knocked out off of her hearing it.  Heavens must have been listening to her too well that they wanted to put her to an immediate test.  She looked down where the voice was coming from and saw a man in a blinding red snowboard outfit glaring at her.  He raised a brow at her and pointed, “Yes, you!  The weirdo wearing the teddy bear pajamas.”
 
 
 
Chaerin glanced down and sure enough she was still wearing her Rilakkuma pajamas.  No wonder she’s been shivering.  But hold on one second, she thought, so what if she freezes to death wearing it.  It is just seven in the morning and people should still be in bed wearing their pajamas. And besides, this isn't a teddy bear pajamas, it is a rilakkuma pajamas.  This person should be charged of blasphemy.
 
 
 
The guy shook his head as Chaerin just kept on looking back at him.  “You’re a$s is definitely going to freeze wearing just that.”  He mumbled to himself but her bionic ears were able to hear his every word.  “Anyway, give me your phone number!”
 
 
 
All alarm bells set off in her head as she was reaching her boiling point in a zero-degree weather.  'Who does this prick think he is?' She scowled at him before turning to leave and slammed the door shut leaving an amused man outside the morning snow.
 
 
 
 
“Aaargh.  Can’t I have peace in my life, even just this once?!”  She whined.  “Huh!  The nerve of that guy!  ‘give me your number'!” She said copying the guy’s voice perfectly.   Her hands landed on the unsuspecting curtains and closed it violently.  Unknown to her a bigger smile spread across the stranger’s face.
 
 
 
 
 
*****
 
 
 
 
 
Chaerin stood in front of the mirror giggling like a little kid fastening the Rilakkuma pin to her jacket.  Her full snowboarding attire she just bought a day ago feels too heavy but the thought of trying out something new had her unmindful of it.  This will be the first time that the ‘snow-allergic’ Lee Chaerin is getting herself surrounded by truckloads of snow.  The anticipation is starting to build up on her and so she hurried out of her cabin and smelled the chill in the air.  It made her shiver and almost had her turn back and get under the comforts of her blanket but a voice inside her head kept her going forward.
 
 
 
Fully geared for her snowboarding lessons, she headed for a ride in the lift.  The day is just perfect for learning how to snowboard, the amateur her thought.  She climbed the hill with overflowing enthusiasm.  Five minutes later, she stared hard at the hilltop and then back down where her warm and comfortable cabin awaits.  She is definitely exhausted and breathless.  What, having only been to the gym probably twice in her life, it is no surprise at all.  
 
 
 
“Thinking about going back down, aren’t you?”
 
 
 
Her heart almost jumped out of her chest as she felt the warmth of his breath against her ears.  She swung around and to her dismay found somebody she hoped she will never see again.  “What are you doing here?”  The swift turn of her feet away from the enemy had her balance a bit unstable.  Unfortunately for her, the stranger has quick reflex having her in his arms within seconds.  
 
 
 
“Keep your hands to yourself.”  She said dismissing what the guy was about to say before turning back to her feet.  This time she was determined to just go back to her cabin without having any interrupted rest.
 
 
 
“You’re almost halfway there.  It will be such a waste if you go back down.”  He shouted before her.  His voice echoed so loud that people began giving them curious glances.  Surprisingly enough, he had her frozen to her tracks.  Her mind kept on saying to tell him ‘bugger off’ but a tiny voice was whispering ‘He is right.’  It was a struggle to fight off the latter but as she felt his hands guiding her back towards the hill, all her defenses began to melt down.  For some weird and unknown reason, she let him drag her to the lift until they reach their destination.  Everything went so fast that she didn’t notice him giving a confused look.
 
 
 
“You are weird.” He poked her forehead snapping her out of her thoughtless thought.  “We’re here.  And yeah you’re welcome.”
 
 
 
True enough they were at the top of the hill surrounded by people with snowboards, skis, and cameras at hand.  It was like a big playground where everybody was all giggly and excited.  There were kids throwing snowballs at each other, teenagers gushing over some cute snowboarding instructor, group of friends exchanging laughter as they learn how to ski, and couples holding hands as they take pictures for souvenirs.  She could only sigh looking at each one of them.  Here she was, all alone trying to make herself believe that she can enjoy this runaway vacation.
 
 
 
“Ehem.”
 
 
 
And that is one of the main reasons she will never enjoy this vacation.  She glanced at him and saw him holding two snowboards.  “You know these things can be really heavy.”  Her eyes formed into the tiniest slits while roughly grabbing the boards from his grasp.  Without uttering another word she stormed off.
 
 
 
“Yah, wait!”
 
 
 
Annoyed and frustrated, Chaerin stomped back to where the man was.  “Look, mister.  I am here to get away from annoying people like you so I am begging you, please, let us just go on our own separate ways peacefully and stay away from each other forever because I swear to everything that is holy and mighty if I hear another word from you I might just commit the most heinous crime there ever was.”  The guy just stared back at him, void of any expressions in his face when all of a sudden he broke into fits of laughter.
 
 
 
Clutching his now aching stomach, the guy finally answered.  “You seriously hadn’t changed one bit.”  He pulled his ski mask off and smiled at her.  Chaerin had her brows connected thinking who was this mystery guy standing before her.  She dug up through cobwebs of stored unnecessary informations in her head and found none.  
 
 
 
“Should... I be remembering you?”
 
 
 
The guy, although was obviously surprised by what she said, shook his head.  “Ani.”  He  put his ski mask back on and abruptly grabbed Chaerin’s wrist.  The baffled look on her face made him chuckle even more.  “You’ve been hibernating in your little cabin far too long.  It’s time for you to have some fun.”
 
 
 
With eyes forming into huge Os, she yanked her hand back only to fail at it.  There was something behind that smile that she couldn’t fathom.  It kept on stirring this weird feeling inside of her.  It felt like she was diving into a deep unknown and yet she couldn’t help but feel highly excited about it which is a first knowing that she hates stepping out of her comfort zone.  
 
 
 
“See, this is fun.” The guy exclaimed.  Chaerin laid flat on her back as she flung her hands and feet on the snow making her own version of a snow angel.  After having chased around by snowballs and exchanging their snowboards for a sled ride, she couldn’t believe how much fun she can have in just a matter of few hours.  Her laughter kept on flowing out of her chest as she continued feeling the chill of snow all over her body.  It felt different - wonderfully different, she thought to herself.
 
 
 
“Thank you.”  She blurted out.  Panting and exhausted after running around earlier, she now busied herself playing a snowball in her hand.  The guy just nodded at her and took the snowball from her hands.
 
 
 
“Let me guess.  Your here to get away because your boyfriend dumped you.  For the perfect and obvious reason that you are weird.”  He took off his ski mask and grinned at her teasingly.  “He is right you know.  You are weird in so many ways.”
 
 
 
“No, I’m not!” She scoffed at him and took her snowball back.  “Well...okay, maybe a little.”  She steals a glance at him and found him smirking like a dog.  “What so wrong with being a weird anyways?” 
 
 
 
“People are weird in their own ways.”  He answered.
 
 
 
“I guess my weirdness is the kind that scare people away.”  She bit her lower lip and flashed him a lopsided smile.  That might be it, she thought.  Maybe that’s the reason why nobody ever stayed behind for too long.  They run off as soon as they realized how scary she was.  She then turned to him and was surprised to see him staring intently at her.  She averted her gaze to her frozen hands.  “Actually, I think I am getting used to it.  People coming and going.  So if I were you, I’ll run away as fast as I can.”
 
 
 
She heard him sigh and threw a perfectly rounded snowball towards a nearby tree.  “If you find what you’ve been searching for, I don’t think you’ll have the strength to even move an inch away.”
 
 
 
“Huh?”  With furrowed brows she faced the smirking guy beside her.
 
 
 
He slowly took off his ski mask and beanie.  “You seriously do not remember me?”
 
 
 
She pouted and ransacked her brain for the nth time where she saw him.  Something’s telling her that the guy does look awfully familiar - the disheveled hair, the eyebrows perfectly pointing to each other when he frowns, and that voice -  ‘Give me your number!’.  That’s when it dawned on her.  “You...the guy from the bar..tv..singer..you- your--”  But before she could even finish her sentence a loud shriek from behind was heard.  
 
 
 
“Oh my god! Teddy!  It’s Teddy Park-oppa!” 
 
 
 
Three teenage girls screamed their lungs out as they scampered their way out of their skis towards where the two were.  Chaerin, who still hasn’t recovered from shock, was immediately wrapped into Teddy’s jacket as they dashed off away from the crazed teenage fangirls.  As soon as they reached a deserted place, he took the jacket off from her.
 
 
 
“That was...fun.”  Teddy bent down as he caught his breath.  He looked up to check on her and was surprised to see her glaring.
 
 
 
“YAAAAH!” Chaerin punched him hard in the arms.  She was pretty strong enough to make him cower in pain.  
 
 
 
“This isn’t happening. This cannot be happening.” She paced back and forth, unconsciously being watched in amusement by her audience.  “This is just a dream Lee Chaerin.  This is just a dream right?  Yes!  I need to wake up.  I am dreaming.  Somebody has to wake up me up!  I’ll die in the hands of crazed fangirls.  Oh god.  Lee Chaerin you are going to be history.”
 
 
 
She only stopped when she felt a pair of arms enclosed her from behind.  The warmth it brought her was enough to send her heart into a frenzy.  For a second she thought the world just stopped moving and her breathing seized until she felt his hands go into her jacket pocket and quickly took her phone.
 
 
 
“You see this morning-”  He showed him the phone in his hands, “I was trying to ask you nicely.
 
 
 
“Nicely?!  That's what 'nicely' is to you?  Tsk.  Are you crazy?” 
 
 
 
"Crazy?" He laughed.  "If I have gone crazy that is entirely your fault!"
 
 
 
"My fault?!" She pounded her chest multiple times and pointed a finger at him.  "Do you want to die?  And give me back my phone, you crazy jerk!" She went jumping to get her phone as Teddy victoriously raised it in the air out of her reach.  
 
  
 
“Do you have any idea how I went crazy trying to find out who you were and where I could possibly find you?  I went to that bar every night hoping that you’ll walk through that door again and I will have another chance to ask for your number, ani, even just your name.  But you didn’t return.” 
 
 
 
Chaerin went silent.  She was more than stupefied at what she was hearing.  This couldn’t possibly be real, she thought.  But her heart was soaring so happily betraying all the logical thoughts in her head.  She kept on mentally slapping herself to wake up but she couldn't.  
 
 
 
The space between them are slowly getting smaller as Teddy moved tiny steps towards the baffled her.  Teddy Park, looking as godly as ever, standing right in front of her, speaking words unimaginable to a mere mortal like her.  Slowly, he extended his hand to her and in a voice that could melt every girls' hearts he said, "Ready to take the next slope?"
 
 
 
Everything that is happening is just too crazy for her to comprehend.  She looked at his open hand and back to his eyes.  Tempting and frightening at the same time.  'Life is too short to be unhappy', she whispered to herself.  Her hands then sprang to life and gradually reached out for him.  His palms against hers sent millions of electric currents in her body.  And as she comfortably adjust to this new sudden rush of bliss, her mind subconsciously was battling a voice wanting to be heard - "You never really learn, Lee Chaerin."