dear sakura...

dear sakura

Letter 1: 

Dear Sakura,

I hope you got back to Japan safely and receive this letter. 

I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You’ve been an amazing friend and IZ*ONE wouldn’t have been the same without you. It’s a shame that our time together went by so fast.

Despite our disbandment, I hope we can maintain our friendship as I don’t want to lose you.

I’m missing you already.

All the best to you, fighting!

- Eunbi


Letter 2: 

Dear Sakura,

How are you these days? I feel as if I’ve been slowly hearing less and less from you. You must be busy with HKT48 activities. 

That reminds me, how are Nako and Hitomi going? I hope all three of you are doing well. 

Everyone on this end is okay I guess. It still doesn’t feel right being broken up like this. Especially with the three of you in Japan and so far away. 

I do hope that all 12 of us reunite again.

Best wishes,

- Eunbi


Letter 3: 

Dear Sakura,

I’m sure you’ve already heard but Chaeyeon finally debuted!! She’s the main dancer as well, but we all expected that.

I’m so proud of her and I’m sure you are too. I can’t believe how much she’s already accomplished it’s amazing.

It really seems as if the girls are growing up so quickly. One minute they were energetic and uncontrollable children and now they’re all going on to debut in their own bands.

I feel as if I’m being left behind without you Sakura. 

Until next time,

- Eunbi


Letter 4: 

Dear Sakura,

Firstly, I think congratulations are in order since I heard you came FIRST in this year’s AKB48 general election!! 

Congratulations! I’m so proud of you and things are just going to get better. All the girls here also say congratulations and good job. 

Please also do me a favour and tell Nako and Hitomi congratulations as well. I’m so proud of them for getting top 10 rankings. 

I’m just so proud of you three for doing so well T-T.

Also, one last thing. Hyewon wanted me to ask you when the two of you could play games again. I think she’s starting to miss her favourite gaming buddy.

Can’t wait to hear from you again,

- Eunbi


Letter 5: 

Dear Sakura,

How do I even put this? How can I even explain it?

Sakura, I miss you dearly. Life here is not the same without you. It feels empty. Like there’s a void that only you can fill. 

Everyone else seems to be fine and happy, moving on and looking forward. 

But I just can’t. 

I feel like I’m being left behind and forgotten. Everyone is doing so well and then there’s me. If only you were here with me.

Sakura, I need you.

I want to see you again, in person. Do you think it’s possible? Probably not, I can tell how busy your schedule with HKT48 is these days since your replies have been getting more and more delayed. 

Sometimes I even wonder if you receive my letters at all as I hear nothing from you for weeks and weeks.

Nonetheless, I look forward to your reply. 

From,

- Eunbi


Letter 6: 

Dear Sakura,

To be entirely honest, I think this may be the last letter I send to you. 

It hurts too much for you to be so far away and out of my reach. I dreaded the day you would have to leave, but it came so fast. 

It’s not fair. I had so much more I wanted to say to and do for you. 

But now the pain gets stronger with every letter I write to you. And I can’t take it. 

Before I bid you farewell, there is one thing I need you to know. I should’ve said it earlier because now it’s too late and who knows if you’ll even get this letter. 

I’m sorry for not showing it and giving you more. 

But Sakura, I have and will always, love you.

I adore you, with all my heart.

You are my treasure.

Despite all that happened, you will always be my first love and I don’t think I can ever love anyone as much as I love you. 

I am lucky to have loved someone as amazing as you. 

Best wishes for the future and I hope everything turns out well for you. 

Your dear friend,

- Kwon Eunbi