A new unnie and an oversized hoodie

The You I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

“Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.”

— Dalai Lama

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

First impressions always meant everything; at least to Sakura’s parents they were very important. At a young age she was often told to act prim and proper, like a polite little girl and if there were important guests or even just her parents’ friends or their relatives visiting the house, she would always have to be at her best behaviour.

 

Leaving a good impression to people was often described by her parents as giving them a cheerful greeting, a smile and a bow whenever you meet someone. But all those ethics that she had come to learn and practice a child quickly became irrelevant now.

 

In fact, she doesn’t even know if she could even erase the awful impression she left to the other brunette. After all, it was never the best case scenario to accidentally spill someone else’s coffee on the person themselves.

 

Kwon Eunbi however did not place the blame on Sakura. In fact the other girl let the incident slip off as if it wasn’t important, waving an idle hand and smiling at her as if nothing bad had gone wrong before she went back and focused on soaking her stained white blouse and then cleaning herself up with a wet tissue.

 

The girl herself didn’t seem to mind her lack of top for the matter, even with Sakura’s fidgeting presence around; seemingly content to continue on with her task as she hummed to an unfamiliar tune that Sakura could only guess might be a Korean song she has yet to listen to.

 

While Eunbi had given her signal to leave if she needed to, Sakura opted to stay for a bit, wanting to be certain that the smaller brunette would be perfectly fine. She still has at half an hour before classes start and she could just run if she had to, right now she just did not want to leave the other girl due to the guilt she felt.

 

“You know, if you continue frowning like that, you’ll end up having that one expression all throughout your life. That would actually be a waste, since I think you’d look prettier with a smile on your face.”

 

Sakura whipped her head towards the source of the voice and stared straight at Eunbi’s face, looking quite amused at her. The shorter girl’s eyes seemingly glinted even in low light. And it took everything for Sakura not to yelp, she was surprised at how Eunbi was suddenly this close to her.

 

When did she suddenly come close to her? Was she spacing out for too long?

 

“You really should have your cheek checked and iced though.”  Eunbi said as she reached to touch Sakura’s swelling cheek and she flinches as she feels the coolness and wetness of the shorter brunette’s touch on her sensitive skin.

“Sorry, did that hurt?”

“N-No, I was just surprised how cold your hand is.”

“Well I did touch you after washing my hands, the water was quite cold.”
 

“At least I got you to finally respond. For a second you worried me because of how you seemed out of it.” Eunbi smiled; grabbing hold a few pieces of tissue from a nearby dispenser before she started patting her hands dry.

 

Sakura quickly fumbled to straighten her standing position and meekly did a small bow and a whispered apology, keeping her eyesight from straying below dangerously to the other girl’s impressive bosom.

 

Why hasn’t she worn the hoodie anyways? It was hard to keep herself from staring at her, much more keep a straight face.

 

Sakura wonders if her cheeks are red, she wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. Although she never thought that the restroom could feel this hot, she wonders why. Maybe the adrenaline of their run earlier from Hwang and her cronies was still running through her veins.

 

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to ignore you. I was just in deep thoughts.”

 

“Over what? Is something troubling you?” Eunbi raised a brow, tilting her head cutely to the side. She kept her attention to Sakura, even when she threw the tissue into the trashcan. Sakura felt touched at the other girl’s apparent interest and consideration.

 

Eunbi turned away from Sakura and went back to the sink where her blouse was left soaking in water and took the grey hoodie sitting on her messenger bag.

 

“No, there’s nothing. It’s more of a passing thought. I’m sorry if I worried you.”

 

“Hmm…I see.”

 

“I’ve noticed, you sure like apologizing? Why is that when you have nothing to apologize for? If its formality’s sake, you don’t need to be that formal with me; I’m not going to bite you or anything.” Eunbi pointed out, chuckling when Sakura shuffled her feet and started fidgeting.

 

“I’m sorr—ah, I’m apologizing again, aren’t I? It’s somewhat became my habit.” Sakura scratched her head sheepishly, but the smaller brunette didn’t seem to mind with the explanation and neither did she pry Sakura on how it became a habit for her to apologize.

 

Truthfully enough, Sakura’s habit of apologizing only came when she feels nervous or conscious of her own faults and guilt and this was one of them. Not that she would divulge that much information to Eunbi, considering that this is her first meeting with her and all.

 

Although Eunbi seemed quite friendly and trustworthy at a glance, Sakura wasn’t sure if she was ready to divulge something that personal considering that habit of hers came with having to explain how it came to be and she would rather avoid talking about her parents considering they were the main source for it.

 

“I get you. I also have a habit that I can’t seem to control myself. People have told me that I’m too talkative even with strangers. I think you know how that is considering this…” Eunbi gestured at herself and Sakura, grinning all the while as she unfolded the hoodie to its full length.

 

Only to be surprised by how huge the hoodie was exactly.

 

Sakura could only smile a little in amusement as she watched the other girl look flabbergasted while she inspected the hoodie.

 

“I know you’re taller than me, but your hoodie could actually pass as a dress to me.” Eunbi said; more or so astonished when she pressed the hoodie close to herself, sizing it up to where it would theoretical end. And as what she said, it really could pass as a dress for her considering that the hoodie ended up a few inches above Eunbi’s knees.

 

“I’ve been told. I’m quite thankful that I’ve finally reached the age where I won’t have to grow any taller anymore. It wouldn’t be that hard for me anymore to shop for clothes.”

 

“Oh? How old exactly are you?”

 

“I’m 19.”

 

“19?” Eunbi blinked, tilting her head and Sakura immediately knew that she was telling the other girl her international age.

 

“Oh, um, that’s my international age.”

 

“Ah! That makes me older than you by 3 years. I guess that makes me an unnie to you.” Eunbi cheekily said, seemingly proud of herself at hearing that piece of information and strangely enough, Sakura doesn’t mind. Conversing with her somehow left her at ease; maybe it was just Eunbi’s infectious po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter