Chapter 3

(Who Re)ally Suffers?

Taemin had not moved from his spot on the couch for days, staring at the door in hopes of catching Minho as he walked in.

 

He had everything planned in his head, as soon as Minho came home he would run up to him and beg for forgiveness. Whatever Minho wanted he would do, he just wanted his boyfriend back. He wanted the stabbing pains in his heart to go away, wanted his body to stop feeling like he had been left out in the cold for too long.

 

He wanted the pain of being left alone to leave- he couldn’t take it anymore. Minho had been such an important part of his support system and here Taemin was, showing his gratitude by screaming at the man and claiming that his love was never existent.

 

Oh but it was.

 

Taemin could not describe how much he admired his hyung.

 

Minho made him feel like he was lying on a bed of rose buds- no of calla lilies. Minho’s loyalty to him could not be rivaled by anyone, his desire unmatched, his understanding unparalleled. Minho knew Taemin inside and out, he knew how his emotions drove through his body, how he was torn by piecing words or by how his doubts were sometimes too much for him.

 

Minho was his rock. Simple as that. But Taemin had cracked that rock because he was so angry- angry at the world, angry at his perception of his group’s lack of understanding.

 

It was so difficult for omegas in this industry, but they weren’t the only ones with issues, with stereotypes to deal with, with the media and the gossip.

 

Taemin stared down at his hands. He really wanted his boyfriend back. As if some higher power had sensed his loneliness, the door slowly opened, revealing a haggard version of the member that had left three days ago.

 

“Minho! Where the hell have you been?” Onew, who heard the door open asked. Kibum silently entered the room as well once he heard Jinki’s question.

 

“He was with me,” Junmyeon answered, appearing behind the man in casual clothes.

 

“I came to return him to you, he was making my room too sad.” Junmyeon tried to joke, but it only resulted in a strained smile from Kibum.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry for troubling you these past few days,” Minho bowed his head, but didn’t clarify which of his elders he was apologizing to. Suho just nodded at the rest of the people in the room, placed a gentle hand on Minho’s shoulder and then left the band alone.

Minho turned to Taemin, his gaze piercing through the younger.

 

“We should talk.”