Alt. Ending 2

It Was Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You let the darkness envelope you as you sit in your living room. Your phone lays dead next to you; so many calls from Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Joonmyeon. You refused to answer them. You couldn’t bear to hear about what happened when you left. Jongdae is probably cuddling that witch with a shiny new ring. It hurt to think about it.

All those times in high school when you dreamed of your wedding day and seeing Jongdae waiting for you at the alter meant nothing. He’s a married man. You pull the blanket over your head as you cringe. If you had confessed that day at your locker, things could’ve been different. Thinking of all the what-ifs are just making you angrier.

Suddenly your doorbell rings. Groaning, you pull yourself together and trudge to the door. Expecting Baekhyun, you’re taken aback when you see Jongdae. Your heart drops to the pit of your stomach.

“How did you know I live here?” You ask in confusion.

“I show up after you make a scene at my wedding, and that’s what you’re worried about?” His tone is harsh.

“I-I-I’m sorry. I just-” Before you finish your sentence, he pushes past you into your apartment. “So why did you come here?”

He turns to meet your eyes. The annoyance and rage from a moment ago are replaced with sorrow and hurt. His bottom lip is between his teeth as he peers around the living room. He stops at a picture of you with a high school science project that you were very proud of. He scoffs, “My, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter