Part 1

It Was Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The only perfect score in the class was Y/N.” Your teacher announces with frustration at the rest of the class. You had studied diligently for that test because you knew it was going to be difficult, which clearly paid off. As the class turns to look at you, your cheeks begin to burn with embarrassment. The intention of getting a good grade wasn’t to become public enemy number one. With a perfect score, there would be no curve to help the failing students.

The bell rings, and class is dismissed. Once you gather your things, you head out to go home. Before you leave the room, a cheeky boy smiles at you, “Bye, nerd.” He winks and makes your heart almost stop. Jongdae is his name, you remember it from the introduction game from the first day of school and because of his very defined cheekbones. He seems to be a class clown that can’t stop smiling. You qualified him as attractive after he made a joke about how hard the homework was several weeks ago and you laughed so hard even long after everyone else stopped. You didn’t think he knew you existed until he called you nerd.

That was the day it was all over. Jongdae was going to ruin your life with his laughter and teasing. You have a soft spot for him; no matter how annoying he gets, you still like him. It never once crossed your mind that he might like you back until he called you beautiful and you noticed his lingering gazes and embarrassed grins. It was then that you realized you might love him.

Maybe it’s time to confess? You’re fairly confident it’ll go over easy. If he rejects you, he’ll let you down gently and still be your friend. He’s the type that doesn’t let many things affect his relationships. There is a high chance that he’ll accept it though. This is your time.

His smiling face rounds the corner, and all confidence leaves your body. “Hey, nerd.” He greets you as he strolls past to his locker.

“Hey, pain in my .” You joke watching him pull books and flowers from his locker. “What are those for?”

“I’m going ask out a girl from history class.” He looks happier than normal, and it breaks your heart. But you can’t let him know that, so you wish him good luck and tell him you hope for the best. When he walks away, your fake smile falls hard, and you feel clammy. Has the hallway always been spinning? Is it always this hot in here?

You fan your face, hoping tears don’t fall. A hand on your shoulder jerks you back to the real world. Baekhyun’s sweet face looks concerned when he sees you.

“Are you about to cry?” He questions.

“No?” Your voice wavers in confidence.

“You sure?” He wipes a tear you don’t feel roll down your cheek. “Wanna talk about it?”

“You’ll think it’s stupid of me.”

“You’re the smartest person I know. Anything you’re upset about isn’t stupid.”

“Okay… Um, the guy I like is going to ask out someone.” You reluctantly say.

“Who is it?” The nosy side of his personality comes out.

“Jongdae.”

“Wait, what?” There’s panic in his eyes, “I told him you didn’t like him like that.”

“Why would you do that if you didn’t even know.” You smack his arm.

“I thought you still liked Chanyeol!” He cowers against the lockers.

“You idiot!” You fume for a second, “When does he have history?”

“Uh… Right now.”

“, we need to stop him!” You grab Baekhyun’s arm and pull him behind you to find Jongdae’s class.

Jongdae’s beautiful voice fills the hallway. You follow it in pain of what could be ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter