20

The Two Blocks

 

Jae Hwa gave a sneaky smile to Lyn, “there’s nothing medically wrong with you, your angina or whatever it was called is definitely nothing to worry about.”

“What?” Lyn cocked her head to the side, as they walked onto campus.

“It’s obvious you’ve also fallen for Zico.” She answered, opening her locker. “You’re heart is hurting because of that, you’re too scared and also have some care for Yong Guk. That’s why you heart hurts.”

Lyn rolled her eyes, “I am not in love.”

“And I’m not your best friend.” She bumped shoulders with her.

“Let’s just drop it,” she sighed and saw Zico making his way towards them, “I’ll see you in class Jae, bye!” Lyn waved and hurriedly scuttled to her class.

Zico frowned meeting with Jae Hwa, “what’s with her?”

“You, of course.” Jae Hwa laughed at his density.

“Um, this might be weird,” Zico started, “but can you tell me her class schedule and maybe where she lives?”

Jae Hwa thought for a second and then pulled out a piece of paper from her bag, “just no extreme stalking, alright?” She began to scribble down the information for Zico.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four days later and Lyn had constantly been escorted everywhere by Woo Jiho. She exited her house, Zico was there. She exited math, Zico was there. She exited the bathroom, there was Zico!

Today, she was leaving English and again was bombarded by Zico. He took away her books and helped carry them to her locker. Lyn had stopped fighting back and let him do whatever. Although she never said a word to them and still ignored the words Jae Hwa had told her on Monday. There is no way she was in love.

“So what are you doing this weekend, Lyn?” Zico tried to begin a conversation, like usual.

Lyn sighed, “going to my dad’s.”

Zico’s eyes widened, she had actually responded this time. He frowned though, “will you see Yong Guk?”

“Possibly,” she rolled her eyes, “if I run into him. It’s not your business anyways.” She grabbed her books away from him, placing them into her locker and walking to homeroom. Zico still by her side.

Zico held the door open for her as they made it to their class, “I know it’s not my business, but it is my interest.”

She sighed again, walking inside and to her desk, Zico taking his usual seat in front of her.

“You really can’t see how I feel?” It was his turn to sigh, “I’m not giving up.”

Lyn looked away from him, biting her lip, “why can’t you? You switch girls easily enough, what’s so difficult about leaving me?”

“Because you’re not like other girls, I told you already. I have completely fallen for you.”

She could feel his stare on her, “stop.”

“I won’t.”

Lyn looked back to him, his eyes showed he was hurt. Lyn squeezed her eyes shut, the chest pain once again returning to her. It felt suffocating, she tried to catch her breath.

“Lyn?”

She felt Zico’s hand press against her cheek. Lyn let out a small gasp as the pain subsided; she opened her eyes to Zico’s worried face.

I’m not in love, she repeated in her head, I’m not in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyn had returned to not speaking as Zico walked her home. He himself hadn’t spoken much either, just a few comments on the weather. As they arrived at her house, Zico pulled her back before she could place her key in the lock.

She didn’t struggle or yell, just stared at him as his face came closer. Her heart accelerated, but she kept her face straight. Zico placed a kiss on her nose, smiling as he pulled back.

“Take care.” He waved and walked off.

Lyn watched him leave with wide eyes; her stomach felt ticklish, but she ignored it and unlocked her door. She took another look and then walked in, getting her stuff to stay at her dad’s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awkwardly sitting on the couch, Lyn pouted. Her dad’s girlfriend, Mi Sook was over, Lyn found out that she would also be staying the night here. They didn’t even spare her a thought, no one asked if she was okay with it. She had to except and sit through their skinship show and coos of “honey” and “sweetie.”

Nope, don’t mind me, Lyn frowned.  She grabbed her shoes, stuffing her feet into them. “I forgot my phone charger, I’ll be back soon!” She yelled and stomped out the door, not actually forgetting anything; she just wanted to be out of that environment.

It was a bit past nine, it was quite dark due to the winter. Lyn rubbed her arms a bit, glad she had worn a heavier sweater. She walked aimlessly, passing the park where Yong Guk had found her before.

There was a crash coming out of an ally a few feet away from her. Lyn froze in her place, wondering if someone was mugged. She walked quietly up to the ally, hearing slurred cusses and feet scuffling.

Lyn took a peak into the ally, almost screaming. Jong Up was on the floor, two men standing over him. She ran into the ally, pushing away one of the men and pulling up Jong Up.

“Run!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN~ Well~~~ whatcha think?? Jong Up’s problem shall be revealed next chapter~

Please comment and subscribe ^^