"Jaebum"

Forever With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaebum heard the sound of someone punching in the codes before the door clicked open. He was currently in the kitchen, cooking dinner and he has to keep his focus on the dish he's cooking if he doesn't want them both to suffer from food poisoning. Between them two, Youngjae has always been the man of the kitchen and not him. 

"Hon?" He just called from the kitchen. "Is that you?"

He heard a low grumble before his boyfriend actually responded. "Classes ended late and our professor held us back for half an hour more."

Jaebum could only hiss as he hears how tired Youngjae was just by the sound of his voice. His boyfriend is still in college, after taking up units to master in History. The younger always wanted to become just like his grandfather- Choi Ho-jin who has received local and national awards because of his excellence as a professor. Since he was young, Youngjae has been looking up to his grandfather and Jaebum always loved the younger's perseverance. But college life is never easy, he knows that since he despised it too when he was still in it. Everyday, Youngjae will be studying hard, attending classes from morning up to evening, working on projects, researches and presentations. Jaebum doesn't like seeing his boyfriend all worn out especially now that he's on his last year in college.

Putting the lid on top of the casserole, Jaebum wiped his hands off a clean cloth and peeked to check the living room. He sees Youngjae, sitting on the couch looking not less than exhausted. When Youngjae saw him, a cute pout formed on his lips. "I'm sorry you had to cook dinner."

It was always Youngjae's task to cook for them both. It was decided unanimously since like he said, he isn't made for anything that has to do with kitchen, aside from eating. Everyday, after his 8 to 5 work as a financial consultant, Jaebum goes home to Youngjae's deliciously cooked dinner. It was always like that. But today is different. When he was driving home and received a text from his boyfriend saying he got caught up in school, Jaebum felt the need to take charge in cooking, otherwise, they won't be able to eat anything. 

Shaking his head, Jaebum walked towards the couch and sat on the arm's rest, his hand landing on the younger's hair, and started playing with it. "Is my cooking that bad that you're this sorry?"

"You know it's not what I meant, hon." Youngjae said, moving closer until his head is resting on Jaebum's stomach. The older can only smile at the cuteness of his boyfriend. 

"I know, I'm just trying to make you laugh. You look so tired and I'm this close to beating up whoever it is that gave you a hard time today."

"You won't do that since I still need to graduate." 

Jaebum just rolled his eyes heavenwards. "Alright, dinner is almost done. Why don't you change into some fresh clothes first before we taste the food I cooked and pray that it's at least edible?"

"Okay." Youngjae sat up lazily and Jaebum can't help but ruffle the younger's hair. 

"Off you go, hon. And please keep your eyes open while walking. I don't want you stumbling and hurting yourself, okay?"

 

As what they usually did, the two of them talked about how their day went as they ate the dinner Jaebum cooked. He was anxious as to how Youngjae finds the taste but the younger assured that it's good. Jaebum just said he'll take lessons from Jackson to improve his cooking skills to which Youngjae just laughed at. After eating, Jaebum volunteered on doing the dishes despite Youngjae opposing telling him he's done enough. But of course Jaebum won the argument and just told his boyfriend to wait for him in their room.

He also brushed his teeth and did his night rituals before heading to bed. But when he entered the room, he saw Youngjae, sprawled on the bed, already snoring his way to sleep. 

"Why do you have to be this cute, hon?" He murmured to himself as he walked towards the bed and looked at his adorable boyfriend, his mouth open, letting out all those loud snores. He just tucked in the younger under the sheet and fluffed his pillow before letting his head rest on it. 

And as Youngjae's loud snores filled the room, all Jaebum could think is how he looks forward to spending his everyday with him.

 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

 

"Why did you call me here for?" Mark immediately asked even before sitting down first.

It's both their lunchbreak and he asked his good old friend to meet him in this restaurant to help him out on something. Pulling the older's arm, Jaebum was able to make Mark sit down. "Don't give me that attitude, Tuan. Not because you're having a crisis, you're gonna go ing on me."

"I'm not having a crisis."

"Still denying, I see." That earned him a glare from the dark blue haired man. His mood has really gone worse these past few days and he knows very well what is the reason behind it. Or should he say who? This dumb is just in denial and refuses to deal with his real feelings. If Mark continues this, he really think Jackson might win Jinyoung over and all he'll do is laugh at his friend's stupidity. 

They both ordered first, his treat since he's the one who asked and aside from that, Mark really looks like he is just one second away from leaving him. When the food was served, Mark asked him again.

"So can you now tell me why you called for me?" Jaebum reached for some grilled pork before answering and Mark just watched him until he finished a mouthful. "So?" The older trailed off again.

Swallowing, Jaebum decided to talk about the thing which has been running around his head since last night. "I want to propose to Youngjae." 

And thank god, Mark wasn't drinking something. The older looked surprised, eyes have gotten round and big. "You what?!"

"Want to propose to Youngjae." He repeated but Mark's expression didn't change.

"Are you serious?" 

"I've been with him for six years already. What makes you think I am not serious?" he said in a slightly annoyed tone. He is a bit offended because of Mark doubting his sincerity. But the older just sighed.

"It's not that... it's just..." and yet another sigh. "I know you love Youngjae and I've been a witness to that since we've been friends even before the two of you started dating. Sure, you have a stable job already and can provide for the both of you. But about Youngjae..." Mark stared at him intently. "Youngjae is just twenty two, and still in college. He hasn't graduated yet and haven't done much for himself yet. There's still a lot of things ahead of him. Are you sure you want to tie him in a life with you?"

Jaebum sat back and thought for a moment before heaving a deep sigh. Resting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter