"Yugyeom"

Say Then Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, as you all know, this is only a spin-off story from a completed fic of mine. I suggest you go and read it first, since you'll understand more of this story of you know about the original one. Here is the link: TIME SLIP <3 It'll be best if you check it out first.

As for those who already finished reading it, I am glad to see you here in YugBam's story. Hope you'll enjoy your time reading! :)

 

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

[July, 2016]

 

"I don't even understand what coscomic microwave background duration is! I've been hating science ever since I went to school. What the hell is that?"

Yugyeom might have corrected Bambam and say that it's cosmic not coscomic, and radiation instead of duration. He could also tell him that those are diffused electromagnetic radiation that fills the entire universe, but right now, he just can't.

Not when he seemed to have left his mind back at the bar where him and Bambam decided to go to a couple of hours ago after their midterm examination which blew their minds up.

They are both inside a cab which is driving on their way to the apartment they're sharing with their friend and hyung, Jackson. Yugyeom instructed the driver to make a left turn, while his bestfriend is still drunk rambling about how he hates Science.

 

"Careful." He told Bambam as he walked the drunk Thai across the living room and into the guy's room. The three of them have their own room in the apartment. They've been living together for two years now, but they've all been friends for a longer time.

After knocking down a few things, thank God they didn't wake their hyung up, Yugyeom was able to lay Bambam on the bed and tuck his bestfriend under the sheet. 

As he looked at the Thai's face, Yugyeom could only ask himself... when did this start? Five years of being with the guy and he's only feeling all of this now? Why? He reached for Bambam's hair. He really should stop dying his hair because it's getting thinner.

Staring at Bambam's closed eyes, Yugyeom could only sigh. "Tomorrow." he said with the sound of promise.

 

 

But it didn't happen.

"What even happened last night?" Bambam asked as he ate the hangover soup he prepared for him.

As expected, Bambam has forgotten about last night and everything which happened. All the Thai has recalled is them dancing, and then everything was black. So Yugyeom guessed they can't talk about it now. He just decided to talk to Bambam about it later this afternoon.

"After your last class, let's meet at that playground where we always used to go to." 

"Okay." Bambam agreed.

 

It was nearly 6 pm when he received a text from Bambam.

Hey, Gyeom-aaahh? I'm sorry if I can't make it today. It's just that Mingyu asked me out and you know how long I've been crushing on him.

Of course he knows. Bambam has been talking about it non stop for almost a month now.

There comes another message.

You understand right? And you're not mad. You can't get mad at me because you love me. ^^

Putting aside the rice cakes he bought a while ago which are cold now, Yugyeom could only sigh as he mocked himself. 

"You better not blame this on Bambam." He told himself, shaking his head. "He doesn't even remember."

 

**********

 

[November, 2018]

 

"Happy birthday, Yugyeom!!!" 

Jackson cheered, almost standing on the red couch where they are all seated on. His hyungs, specifically Jackson was kind enough to reserve a booth for them, in this bar where they often go to. It is his twenty first birthday today, and as he requested, they are here to party until he is dead drunk.

Yugyeom has to check his ear for possible damage, because Jackson just shouted at it. Now the chinese is holding out a chocolate cake. He doesn't even know where the guy got it.But it's chocolate so he's glad to eat it.

 

It was maybe an hour later, his other hyungs are doing their own thing now. Mark is flirting with some lady in their booth, the couple Jaebum and Youngjae are in their own world, dancing like the song being played is a romantic one, and there's also Jackson and Jinyoung talking to each other by the bar's counter. It was when Yugyeom stood and walked out of their booth to look for Bambam. His bestfriend said he's going to the comfort room but hasn't returned yet. Now, where is he at? He wonders.

He was walking past the dancing crowd when his eyes caught on the sight of a purple head, dancing and grinding with some random guy. He watched how Bambam circled his arms on the guy's neck, their bodies extremely close to each other. Now is this something new for Yugyeom to see? Grabbing on the shot glass which a passing waiter has on his tray, Yugyeom shook his head and drank its content. No, it is not something new... but it certainly isn't something he enjoys seeing.

It sounded cliche but all Yugyeom could do is to drink his sorrows away. Almost two years has passed since his realization hit him, but still... clearly, nothing has changed for Bambam. Clearly, the Thai still doesn't see him in a way he long hoped for to be seen. He wants to stop himself from hoping, but the question is how?

 

"Hey, Kim Yugyeom!" he hears something, and it's Bambam's voice if he's not mistaken. The loud electro music blaring up the speakers only makes him feel more dizzy, muffling the sounds he's hearing. 

But he didn't stop on moving and dancing. This is way too much fun.

"Aish." He heard a sharp hiss before he felt someone tugging on his arm. "You brat. You're drunk as right now."

Looking at him through his drooping eyelids, Yugyeom struggled to keep himself standing without leaning on the Thai. "Isn't that the plan? To get me dead drunk." 

"Let's head back to our booth." Bambam gave him another tug but Yugyeom broke free of his grasp, then almost fell in the process. "Watch it!" But Bambam was able to pull him back from falling. "That's it, you're coming with me."

He tries to argue, but Bambam's grip on him is too tight, he can't break free. When they finally reached their booth, only then did Bambam let go of his arm and made him sit down on the couch. 

"Yugyeom, you better sit up straight. You're god damned heavy!" He hears Bambam complaining after he almost fell again from the couch. "What's your ? It's your birthday and you're moping like some guy on a drama?"

How could he be so clueless about this? He's really asking him about his s? Locking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter