Wyji: The Reaper and the Puppet master

Wyji: The Reaper and the Puppet master.
Please log in to read the full chapter

| The reaper and the Puppet Master. |

— Birmingham, England

— 17th Century

Deep down the city of Birmingham, a house exceptionally emits a very dark aura. With the formation of the fogs that surrounds the area and the flickering light coming from the near post in front of the house, a puppet master lives within.

The reaper doesn't mind the heavy pressure that envelopes the whole place. Switching his head from left to right he silently opens the door as if he was a spy, well basically, he was like one because this is one of his missions.

Upon entering the house, he found nothing but a puppet exactly at the center of the room. A human-sized marionette welcomed him, striking the soul-taker with a creepy look. The Death God carefully ambles towards the doll, observing if there's something weird or suspicious about it.

❝So this is a necromancer's place.❞ Said Wyji who immediately left the marionette after he made sure that the puppet is nothing but a toy.

The reaper roamed around the place, scanning intensively the series of glass jars that are well-organized and placed on the shelves containing different parts of animal bodies as well as human's such as eyes, hands and even internal organs. Varieties of herbs and rare plants can also be found in here.

After observing the place, the reaper felt agitated because of something--- something dark.

Wyji promptly turn his head and cast his eyes over the puppet's spot. Staggered, the reaper noticed that the puppet vanished from its place.

Suddenly, the soul-taker heard swift footsteps ascending upstairs. He instantly followed the noise and went to the second floor of the house.

A creaking sound from the wooden floor greeted him as a woman with a pointed chin, a strange looking mole on her nose, and her wrinkly face that deeply shows how old she is, slowly spitted out by the darkness.

❝I've been expecting you, reaper.❞ the old woman said as she wickedly laughed. ❝Say Mr. Reaper, what can I do for you?❞

❝You see, my work's been a messed since you meddled with it. And I have to take those souls back. So if you don't want us to fight, hand it over.❞ The

Please log in to read the full chapter