Prankster Chaewon On A Role

Waiting For The Rain

Chaewon had always love the rain. Eversince she was younger she would sneaked out of her house to play when the rain was pouring. Her mother often nagged when she went out in the rain without any cover but that never stopped her from doing so the next time. As she grew up, she got caught up with her hectic life that the time spent for her to be soaked by the rain was limited.

 

The weather that day had been all cloudy and moist. According to the weather forecast, it should rain all day long yet the rain never came. Chaewon sat on the couch of the dorm feeling down as her hope of wanting to play in the rain that day was tarnished. The group was having days off due to the holiday season, after spending some time at her hometown she returned to the dorm 2 days earlier in hope of relaxing before their schedules resume.

 

It was around 9 when Chaewon could hear the strong wind outside their dorm. She grinned as she thought of how she still stand a chance to catch the rain. Putting on a mask and a cap, Chaewon was ready to head out. Before she could put on her sneakers at the front door, she was stopped by Eunbi. "Where are you going?"

! I'm caught.

"Just heading out to the store for some ice cream" she managed to came up with a rational reason but it didn't seemed to convince the leader enough as she narrowed her eyes on the taller girl. "You sure are not going out to play in the rain do you?"

Cold sweat was forming on Chaewon's forehead but thanks to her cap, it was hidden from Eunbi's sight. "Of-of course not unnie! Just for ice cream and some walk. L-look I'm bringing an umbrella with me" Chaewon showed a foldable umbrella in her hand to the older girl which she received a positive nod. God knows where did the umbrella came from but she was glad she managed to convince slash lied successfully to the leader.

 

"Okay then. Be careful! Also don't do anything stupid, the reporter that was following us is still there. Manager oppa said he saw him in the neighbourhood earlier today." Chaewon playfully saluted and headed out.

 

Chaewon walked along the curb to the convenience store further down the street as she looked around trying to spot any familiar suspicious figure.

 

The reporter had been following the girls nearly 3 weeks now, not knowing what his intentions were they chose to ignore his lingering presence since the first time they noticed him. He wasn't very good at concealing his track and location thus making him easy to spot if you're attentive enough.

"Perhaps they send in an intern to stakeout and follow us this time. How clumsy can he be that we can easily spot him whenever he's around" Chaewon recalled Yujin's words which brought laughters to the 12 girls during that one time they were discussing on the situation.

 

Before long Chaewon finally reached the store. She bought an ice cream and sat by the table overlooking the bustling road. It's getting windy but the rain has yet to arrive. As she enjoyed her ice cream, Chaewon unlocked her phone to send a message to the girl that had been running in her mind all day long.

 

To : Min-night Minju 💟

Hey, when are you coming back to the dorm?

 

From : Min-night Minju 💟

Ohh soon I guess? I'm actually around the area already.

Why?

 

To : Min-night Minju 💟

Really? I'm outside...wanna head home together later?

 

From : Min-night Minju 💟

Sure unnie! ^^ Where are you? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Erghh I swear this guy is so annoying!

 

Chaewon raised her eyebrow as she read the message from Minju. 'Ahhh so he's been stalking Minju' she thought to herself as an idea came up to her. Wearing a smirk, she typed out a reply.

 

To : Min-night Minju 💟

I'm at the store near the park.

Where you?

Is he following you again??

 

From : Min-night Minju 💟

Yeah! I told oppa to drop me off at the 3110Store for some grocery.

I guess that creep noticed me and now he's following me

I'm at Enozi Cafe grabbing some breads

Want something??

 

To : Min-night Minju 💟

Ohuuuu ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Minju-ah wanna play a game? 😏

 

From : Min-night Minju 💟

I don't like the sound of this but

Shoot away your ideas ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

 

 


 

The park was rather quiet, there were some people around but everyone was minding their own business which is good from Minju's point of view. She made her way towards the playground and sat on one of the swings with hands fiddling her phone.

 

A moment later, a call came in and Minju answered it without a second glance. "Hey, where are you?!" she said with a hushed tone afraid that the reporter was close enough to hear her. "Wait! I can see where you're sitting. I'm trying to locate our prey" Chaewon said into the phone as her eyes wandering around the area. She was inside another convenience store directly in front of the park, sitting by the glass window pretending to read a comic as a camouflage.

 

"Would you please hurry? The wind is blowing stronger, its gonna rain soon!" Annoyance was layered in Minju's speech as she sat there pulling the scarf around her neck to cover half of her face.

 

"I know but yo—Ohhh! Found him! He's in a car, parked at the side of the entrance. Yah Minju-ah you gotta move to another place."

"What why?!"

"The playground in too lit. We need to make it risky! Hahahaha I think you should move to the bench under tree"

"Which one? Ohh I see one near a broken lamplight. Is that okay?" Chaewon looked over from her place to see if the said bench is within the creep's view.

"I see it. That would do! Okay now actress Kim Minju it's time to put on that acting facade. See you in a while, Fighting!"

 

The call was ended with Chaewon last giggle. Taking a few breath, Minju's expression changed slightly, she stood up from the swing and fake a shiver. Turning her head to the side a few times, she made her way to the bench.

 

 

 

Minju was munching on a bread at the bench when a tall figure was approaching her. The person was clad in loose fitted jeans, a long jacket shielding body figure and a hood draped over a cap, also a mask covering the face hiding any trace of identity of the person. Head turned to the left and right, sweeping the area for any suspicious movements but none was visible. The person stopped right in front of Minju to tower her, causing the girl to look up.

 

"Now now, give me your brightest smile." With a bright smile, Minju stood up slowly before reaching over for a hug.

 

"Chaewon unnie you're late! Pabo!" Minju whined with her face hidden in the hug. A giggle came in returned as the taller girl tighten the hug and looked to her right slightly to see if the man noticed them. "He caught the bait! He's clicking the shutter continously" Chaewon said as she snuggle into Minju's hair.

 

When they broke the hug, Chaewon decided to brush her hand along Minju's hair. If you were to look at them from afar, it would seem like a guy was patting his girlfriend's head affectionately. The sudden gesture caused Minju to blush so she punched Chaewon lightly. "I can't believe I'm going along with your crazy idea"

 

"It wasn't so bad! Plus he'd been following us for quite some time, that's invasion of privacy you know" Chaewon proceed to pull Minju to sit on the bench. They continued on doing their little act of being affectionate to one another for the pair of eyes that were watching them. But in a way it was actually just them, enjoying a simple date.

 

It was after they finished 3 pieces of bread and a bottle of cider —shared— that the two decided it was time for the next phase. "And now for the ..." Chaewon said as she stood from the bench and walked a couple of steps with Minju trailing behind. The older of the two turned to face Minju before she leaned closer.

 

Chaewon made sure they were standing at an angle where the reporter couldn't possibly caught her face so she bend down slightly, took off her cap to have only the hood covering her hair, then she took off the mask. "Can you see him Minju?" Using Chaewon towering over her as an advantage, Minju peeked over to see "Unnie, he's clicking the shutter non stop!" That caused the two girls to giggle.

"Good! Now to finish this act....." She leaned even closer to Minju's face for a 'kiss' and the next thing she knew, a palm was pushing her face away roughly. She stumbled backwards as the force also caused her hoodie to fall off revealing her red locks, her messy bangs and huge cheeky smile on her face.

 

Her hands travelled to the back of her head to pull out her red hair that was hidden in the jacket to let it flow down ever so gracefully. She turned to look at Minju before they looked at the direction of the reporter who was stalking them. They watched from the distance as he was obviously shocked that his jaw dropped and the both of them broke out into a fit of laughter.

 

Once the laughter died down, Chaewon took out her phone and opened an LED display application. Minju leaned on her arm as she typed in a short message before showing the screen of words moving, towards the reporter. She was sure he could read it with that huge lens attached to his camera.

'Sorry to burst your bubble tho but we had fun ;D Better luck next time and take care!'

 

The pair stood there waving as they watched him looked through his camera and taking a few shots —probably for his report— before he looked up with frustration written on his face. Now that his cover was blown, the reporter pulled his camera into the car and drive off for the night.

 

 

"Well that was fun!" Chaewon exclaimed and side hugged Minju. "It is! Let's go ho— OH CRAP ITS RAINING!" Minju was trying her best to cover her head with her tiny hands while Chaewon started running around spreading her arms. "YAH KIM CHAEWON! Let's go!"

"Noooo! I've been waiting for the rain!"

Oh god this kid! Minju thought Chaewon was being childish so she ran to take cover under the tree which of course isn't much of a help. The older girl finally noticed the annoyed look Minju was giving her so ran over to the girl's side.

Ahhh right! Minju doesn't like the rain.

 

Chaewon put her cap on Minju, opened the umbrella she brought earlier and held it over Minju. She grabbed the younger girl's wrist to put it on the handle so the younger girl could hold it before she ran into the rain again. The action left Minju stunned. When a splash of water hit her feet, her soul finally returned. "Minju-yah join meeeeeee" She heard the red-head said as she watched the girl jumped into a puddle.

 

"Yah! You got me wet!"

"Come and join me you NO-JAM!"

"WHAT THE— Talk for yourself!"

 

 

The two then chased and splashed each other, just playing in the rain together. When they reached the dorm that night, Minju was soaked from waist down and Chaewon was soaked from head to toe. Basically they got scolded by Eunbi for playing in the rain and staying out till midnight. The scolding intensified when they told the whole group bout the little prank they played on the reporter at the park but ended with an eventful of high fives praising their great minds.

 

 

 

 

~A month later~

"IZ*ONE Kim Chaewon & Kim Minju successfully played a prank on a Dispatch reporter. Read the article to know more about this epic story!"

 

 

A/N : Happy New Year to all of you! Dispatch and their consistency of outing couples on new year just inspired me to write this /eye roll/ Sorry if the ending is quite rushed, my one braincell failed me at the end lol.

Anyway Thank you for reading and lets hope izone will soar higher this year ^^