I. The Library

Out of the Storybook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

“Yeri!”

 

“Kim Yerim!!!”

 

“Yeri! Open the door!”

 

It was the 15th time she heard her name and it was her bestfriend’s 32nd knock at her front door. She takes a look at the clock on the bedside table and sees it’s 7:30 am.

 

“Kim ing-why-won’t-you-wake-up Yerim!”

 

That’s it. The still in her daydream girl got up to answer the girl that has been banging her front door in the past 15 minutes.

 

“I’m here. I’m here” she said lazily while opening the door

 

“I’ve been calling--”

 

“For fifteen minutes. And yes, I heard it, Park Sooyoung”

 

“I told you not to call me that!” Sooyoung grunts while she makes her way to the refrigerator.

 

“You need groceries.” Sooyoung says while grabbing the last carton of banana milk

 

Yeri just shrugged. She can’t deny it. Judging from the pile of pizza boxes and chicken cartons, she’s been living in banana milks and take outs for the past week until Sooyoung pointed it out. She’s been working for 3 part-time jobs already and grocery shopping would be a luxury for her time.

 

“We’ll raid the whole supermarket after your shift at the daycare center, okay?” Sooyoung says

 

The daycare center. Apart from delivering chicken, doing cashier and cleaning at Joy’s coffee shop, being an assistant to the daycare center has been her favorite job. She’d take the job even without the compensation, but to her situation, she still needs the pay. So when Sooyoung called her a week ago, telling that her father’s daycare center is looking for an assistant teacher, or more likely someone who will just look after the kids during breaks, or when the teachers are in a meeting, she didn’t even doubt of saying yes to her friend immediately. The school has been paying her good, while she enjoys spending time with the kids.

 

“I’ll just prepare, and we’ll leave.” Yeri says leaving Sooyoung in the living room while watching the television

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Sooyoung. Can we stop at the library before you drop me to the center?”

 

“Why?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter