-Book After Book-

Book After Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyawaki Sakura is walking down a sidewalk on a Monday afternoon. She has tired and bored look in her eyes as she has just come back from class and would rather go back to her apartment and play some Fortnite, instead of go to her dreaded destination: the library. But unfortunately, she needs to go pick up a book for her research paper for her "History of Korea" class.

 

In Sakura's mind, the library is the blandest place you could ever be. Those who willingly go there are perhaps the most lifeless and dry people you could ever meet. She supposes that libraries are good study spaces, but there are much more interesting and scenic places available as options.

 

And don't even get her started about librarians. It's always some middle-aged lady with nothing better to do in life than shush children and do tedious labor, such as cataloging books, stamping books, and scanning books.

 

'Why would you choose to work in an environment where you're surrounded by bunched up pieces of paper?' Sakura questions in her mind.

 

Sakura arrives at the library and goes straight to the "History" aisle, ignoring everything else as she focuses on her objective. She hasn't been to the library in while but she still remembers where everything is.

 

'I just need to find it, check it out, and then dip, that takes like, what, 3 minutes, tops?' Sakura thinks.

 

Sakura finds a book that looks promising, skims through it and assures herself that she'll find good reference material here.

 

She then walks over to the checkout with her head down, hand outstretched with her library card, not bothering to make eye contact with some uptight crone for a librarian.

 

"Will that be all?" a kind, soft voice asks her.

 

Telling herself that it doesn't hurt to look, Sakura moves her head up and sees an incredibly gorgeous young woman awaiting her response.

 

Her striking dark eyes capture Sakura, along with her soft-looking, unmarred skin. Her long, healthy, ebony-colored hair trails down to her chest where a nametag with the name "Eunbi" is pinned on her shirt.

 

'Definitely not some boring, uptight librarian. She's actually...totally my type, oh no,' Sakura thinks.

 

Realizing she's probably been staring a little too long, Sakura stutters, "u-uh, y-yeah, it's just this book."

 

Eunbi scans the book's barcode and her library card. She makes a few clicks with the computer's mouse and then hands Sakura the items along with a receipt.

 

"Alright, there you go," Eunbi says as she smiles radiantly at Sakura.

 

'Not to be dramatic, but I think I would die for that smile of hers,' Sakura thinks.

 

"Yeah, t-thanks," Sakura says as she exits the library.

 

Sakura looks up to the sky and thinks,

'I HAVE to come back here. She's totally out of my league, but...wow.'

 

.....

 

WEDNESDAY

 

Sakura is back at the library, with a different objective this time.

 

'WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I NEED TO CHECK OUT AND I'M STILL USING THAT HISTORY BOOK,' Sakura panics in her mind.

 

Sakura scans around and sees Eunbi at the checkout desk, organizing some returned books onto a cart.

 

She sees that today she's wearing circle glasses along with a red flannel, which is such a girlfriend look, according to Sakura.

 

Sakura's thinks to herself in her meme-filled mind, 'When you check out the hot librarian instead of checking out a book, oh my god.'

 

Realizing she still needs to get a book to check out, she goes to a random aisle.

 

Satisfied with her choice in literature, she then makes her way over to Eunbi at the desk.

 

Sensing that someone is ready, Eunbi turns to face her and says, "Back so soon?" and looks down at the book and raises an eyebrow, "with an interesting choice..."

 

Sakura's cheeks flush bright red in embarrassment as the book was Clifford's First Snow Day.

 

"Uhhhh...it's for my niece Nako!" Sakura gives as an excuse. It wasn't a complete lie, she does have a niece named Nako at least.

 

"Oh okay. That's cute of you that you're thinking of her education, kids can't always play games you know?"

 

Sakura almost choked at her comment. Almost.

 

Eunbi finishes scanning the book for her, "aaand here you go," she says as she flashes her another bright smile.

 

Sakura thanks her and once she reaches outside, she yells, "YES!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter